Tekken Tag Tournament 2/Nina/Nina Rushdown Tips
From Tekken Zaibatsu Wiki
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Character Select
[ Nina ]
[ Move List ]
[ Frame Data ]
[ Combos ]
[ Strategy ]
[ Forum ]
Basic rush down strategy
- Nina's best range is range 0-1 (In their face basically) and that's where she wants to stay. Getting in on someone with a good defense is one of the hardest things Nina has.
- She doesn't have a lot that's really scary except for getting launched. Since she has excellent wall carry and really good combo and wall damage people will really try to not get launched.
- You'll want to be constantly sidestepping unless they've got you on lockdown. This is primarily so you can whiff punish with ss+2, or pressure with ss+1~b_f.
- When you do get in, you'll want to use a lot of 1's and df+1's as pressure. Use the lows sparingly, since they're the weakest part of her offense.
- d+4 is a great low to use, it doesn't do much damage, but its i12, -2 on hit, -13 on block and it catches steppers pretty good. This is the low you want to use for spamming purposes. It high crushes and stops a lot of stepping, great for lock down.
- When you're a bit farther out, you can use f+2 as a pressure tool, but be wary of steppers.
- db+2 is great for closing distance, but you're at disadvantage so you have to be careful. If the opponent likes to jab you can duck and ws+1,1+2 or ws+2 punish.
- d+2 is another decent closing tool, is only -12 on block so really safe for a high crushing low. You are negative on hit, so you have to be careful.
Rush Down Tools
|Move||Frames To Hit||Frames On Block||Frames On Hit||Track Left||Track Right||Hit Range||Special||Usage|
|1||10||+1||+8||0||0||High||Can hit confirm the 2 followup, 1,2 jails||Pressure and interrupt|
|df+1||13||-1||+5||5||2||Mid||df+1,2 Jails||Pressure, prevent ducking|
|f,f,df+1||13~17||-1||+5||11||11||Mid||doing a f,f before the df+1 makes it track a lot better for some reason, but it comes out a lot slower too||Pressure, prevent ducking, prevent stepping|
|d+4||12||-13||-2||4||10||Low||Can counter confirm the 1 followup for +5 on hit||Quick Low pressure|
|db+3||20||-13||+3||3||7||Low||Knockdowns on CH for a guaranteed f,f+1+2 or if they try to stand, qcf+1||Low pressure when they're afraid to attack|
|4||11||-8 (?)||+8 (?)||0||7||High||Launches on counter||Interrupt / Keep out|
|d+2||20||-12||-6||4 (?)||4 (?)||Low||High crush||Low pressure / high evasion|
|1+4||15||-6 (?)||+3||7||9||Mid||Almost perfect tracking||Lockdown|
|db+2||24||-8 (?)||KDN||10||10||Mid||Full tracking, Launches on CH||Long range tracking move.|
|f+2||13||-3||+8||0||0||High||Can counter confirm the 1,1+2 followup||Great range 1.5 poke, but no tracking|
|df+4||12||-4||+7||0||0||Mid||Fastest mid in the game||Keepout and round finisher|
|SS+1~F_B||23||+13 (?) ~ +18 (?)||+16 (?) ~ +21 (?)||4||4||Mid||Cancel ss+1 with f or b for frame advantage||Pressure. The cancels don't guarantee any followup even though it shows a 'combo' in practice mode, but on block or hit, the opponent has to guess what's coming next.|
|b+2,2||12||-4||+2||6 (?)||6 (?)||High||Can counter confirm the third hit for a wall splat||CH fishing at the wall, pressure|
|d+3,2||16||-13||Launch||2 (?)||2 (?)||Low, Mid||Counter Launches, High crush||Anti Rushdown|
|b+3,4||17 (?)||-8 (?)||KDN||3 (?)||3 (?)||Mid, High||Safe hit confirmable wall splat||Wall splats and wall pressure|
|f+3||14||+6||KDN||6 (?)||6 (?)||High, High||Doesn't jail, so better players will duck and launch||Pressure, medium tracking abilitiy|
|uf+3||14||-10||KDN||4||4||Mid||Low crushes on 5th frame||Wall splats, low crushes|
|SS+2||22 / ~12 (?)||-14||Launch||3||3||Mid||Great SS whiff punisher||Whiff confirm before you hit 2, unless you're 100% sure it will hit. From Neutral the complete animation is at least 22 frames, but if you sidestep, then hit, its about 12 frames.|
|4,3,2||11||-13||Launch||4||4||High, Low, Mid||The low CH launches||Use when the opponent likes to attack after blocking a 4 or tries to whiff punish a 4|
|df+1+2||16||-4||+7||10||10||Mid,Mid||Breakable CH Stun||Short range fast tracking|
|b+1+4||16||-16||Launch||8||10||Mid, Mid||2 hits, 2nd hit has longer range, if just the 2nd hit is blocked (1st one whiffed) its a lot safer due to push back||whiff punish|
|uf+2,1||18||-10, -13||Launch||4||4||Mid, Mid||2 hits, hit confirmable, first hit is -10, 2nd -13 goes straight to bound||Mind games, safe-ish launcher|
|f,F+1+2||38||+5||KDN||(?)||(?)||Mid||Huge block stun, really only useful at wall due to pushback. You can cancel backsway (qcb) into F+1+2 with timing||Wall Pressure|
|SS+4||29||-23||+6||(?)||(?)||Low||Low option off of sidestep. Use if you empty sidestep, and opponent is too scared to do anything. Launches on CH||SS pressure and options|
|qcb||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||None||Evasive move, it will evade all highs, some mids, some mids based on range, and auto block lows. You can often whiff confirm a df+2 or uf+2,1||Option select to cover many different options if you think the opponent will attack|
|df+2||15||-7||Launch||2||7||Mid||Doesn't launch crouchers except on CH. Safe mid launcher. Doesn't have great range||Whiff punish, or safe launcher just to throw out.|
|WS+1||13||-6||+5||8||8||Mid||Great fast mid to cover almost all options from couch. WS+1,1+2 wall splats, but isn't really hit confirmable||Covers most options from crouch|
Tracking ratings go from 0 to 10. 0 Being no tracking, 10 being perfect tracking in that direction. These are from observation and not fully tested.