Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Ninja Raiden
Expert
PSN: Innocence is not a Excuse...
XBL: Hatee Pitbulls...
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
What are the best moves and pokes of Baek?...
Signature Laziness and Innocence Makes People Weak...
[Lei2]

Doesn't explain anything...
-White Fan Tora(me...)
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Top 10? Baek only has like... 15 moves in his commend list.

My top 10... not in particular order:

d/f+1: Oh yes, the juice of Baek. The move is fairly fast, tracks side a bit, frame adv on block as well as hit, rejuggles opp on standing up straight from the ground or CH d/f+3. It's almost abusable.

4: 10 frame poke that juggles on CH. Baek's 4 is finally magical in DR. In fact, it is actually better than other characters' because it allows Baek to get a full class 2 juggle (ref: juggle thread). Safe on block, and a good delay 4 bait. The second hit of 4>4 on counter gives free d+2.

d+2: This move makes Baek fearsome in DR, and makes his okizeme game complete. In addition, it is also a great move as a juggle ender if opp is not sent to the wall. Because of this move, Baek is now the Nina in 5.0 in terms of the ground game. Poke punishable on block, but juggles on hit. (class 3)

FLA f+2~3: The only throw that can be done in his FLA stance. double button escape, but has a very short escape window. A pretty damaging throw, and switch sides with opp. It's good to get u outa the tight spot.

3+4: Not only it is good as a juggle stuffer, the speed and the property of 3+4 also makes it a good mid range whiff punisher, frame bait, as well as FLA whiff escape (if opp happens to ss ur attack, 3+4~fx2 to escape from any retaliation). + on block, KND on hit (w/ guaranteed d/b+4 if opp did not tech roll-back)

1+2,4: 14 frame punisher. EWGF punishable on block, but damaging on hit. This move is toned down from 5.0, but gives a much better ground options after hit. d/f+1 rejuggles opp standing straight, dash-in d+4,3,3,3 rejuggles opp roll back, and d+2 hits opp doing everything else.

d/f+4,4,3_cd ws+4>4,3: The range has been buffed in DR, though still a bit linear. on counter, the second hit is guaranteed (even if u delay the second hit of cd ws+4>4,3). Good for the FLA mixup against opp anticipates d+4,3,3,3 variation, and a good juggle ender with great okizeme options.

d+4,3,3: Rejuggles opp roll back, quick standing up, or attack from the ground. Along with d+2, they are the best combination for Baek's ground game. Besides the okizeme option, d+4,3,3 is a good poke. All three hits are guaranteed on CH, and the first hit tracks side stepping opponent. Fairly safe if ends on the second hit, and gets less safe the more 3's u do.

d/f+2: Fairly safe and fast juggle starter. Although Baek has a sick ground game, he does lack a bit in terms of juggle catagory. d/f+2 stood out among launchers such as b+4 and u/f+4 due to its speed and recovery. This move only becomes even godly when combined with ss. ss~d/f+2 should be used like Nina's ss+2!

d/b+4: High crush that goes under even some of the mids, and juggles on hit. The move tracks side a bit, and is one of the more powerful lows. This is the move that teachs opp to at least crouch against him. Since it is not fast, it should only be used in anticipating opp's high attack, or catch their mid-range whiffs.

Honorable mention:
b+4: juggle starter on opp even BT. Tracks to Baek's left. jab punishable on block.

u/f+4: one of the few low crush I have in mid at the moment. It should ONLY be used in anticipating opp's low attacks.

u/f+3,4: another low crush. Linear, but +7 on block. Good for getting ur momentum back in the game.

1,2,3,3,3_1,2,3,3,4,4,4: WALL JUGGLE! Because of these two, Baek's wall game is one of, if not the best among all the characters.

d+3,3: great low pokes, but loses momentum even on hit.

FLA_FLA WD: Not really an attack. Baek's stance that allows him to mixup everything from it. FLA WD makes him able to move forward against overly defensive/grounded opponent to cause mental pressure.

d/b+1+3: Another 1+2 throw that gives Baek great okizeme.

f,f+3_FLA b+3: + on block. Good for applying the pressure/mixup starters.

Last edited by NoodleHead on Nov 3rd, 2006 at 19:39

tommimacevovi
4th Dan
PSN: tommimacevovi
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Well Noodlehead pretty much said it all, but mind if I add d/b 3,3 into this list:

Much faster then d+3, 3, less damage then d+4,4, but the then with d/b 3,3 (sandstorm) is that it is very usable as a low poke since it comes out so fast, and the 2nd hit is guantree if the 1st one is a CH.

2,2: perfect way to deal with jab-happy people, not as fast as 1,2, but it is guantee at any time (even after the punch parry)

That's my two cent
Signature Difference between a scrub and a novice player is the way they press buttons, difference between good player and novice is the money they spent.

Who say money isn't everything?
Ninja Raiden
Expert
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
d+2 is very useful to me for okizeme sequence...

But I have a problem in FLA, f+2~3...
when I do that move, Baek do the Flamingo steppin'
Dear people HELP!!!
[Lei2]

-White Fan Tora(me...)
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
try to read the thread: "Baek newbie silencer," post 17. It should cover the inactive window and the jf window regarding to the FLA. If u still don't understand, ask question there, and I will help u out.

Let this thread focus on the top 10 moves of his only.
nf0x
Sage
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Could make my own, but noodles list is great. I think the only one I would add is duck jab (d+1). I don't think i've ever seen a baek take down an advanced steve player without using d+1.

Be creative.
I guarantee at least half of the people you play against have never seen baek's u+4,3.

-Nick
Signature "What It Do-San"
Stringer
nothing to lose
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
f+2,1
iFLA b+3
d+3,3
d/f+2
d/f+1
b+1
d+4
d/f+4
balladbirdkaren
Virtuoso
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+4,
d/f+1,
d/b+3_3
d+3,3,
d+2,
u/f+2,
f,f+3
d+4,
b+1,
Signature (PMS)

usui
Destroyer
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
after an u/f+2 u get a free throw attempt. i usually do d/b+1+3
its really fast and does more damage than any of baeks throws. it ties in at 40 with ff+2, but its much much faster
Ninja Raiden
Expert
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys!!! I have another question....
What is the top 10 moves that can be done out of Flamingo?
[Lei2]

-White Fan Tora(me...)
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Everything except u/f related move. He cannot jump while in FLA.

(From now on, ask the related question in the same thread.)

Baek's FLA opens up his attack options by adding more moves. In exchange, anything landing on him while he is in FLA is considered counter hit. So watch out when u are in FLA, or u will be killed faster than u can imagine.

Last edited by NoodleHead on Nov 8th, 2006 at 00:52

Ninja Raiden
Expert
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ninja Raiden
Hey guys!!! I have another question....
What is the top 10 moves that can be done out of Flamingo?

Sorry Wrong Post...
[Lei2]

-White Fan Tora(me...)
berserk_penguin
Expert
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
In no particular order:

1, 2
d/f+1
d/f+2
u/f+4
u/f+3, 4
1+2, 4
d+2
d+4, 3
d+3, 3
d/b+4

Last edited by berserk_penguin on Feb 17th, 2008 at 12:08

Chuy
Warrior
PSN: CHUCHO_1982
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
1.-Sand Storm: Combining It with Baek's Rush's variants it is very useful, beside to being very good for the poking and to being a bit difficult to see.

2.-Snake (variables): I believe that it works much better in DR than in 5.0 because the animation change it and it is a bit a more difficult to see, I believe that the time of reaction also diminished.

3.-Dark Halberd: Against high assaults it is perfect, but if it manages to abuse of this one it can be harmful.

4.-Spinning Axe Combo: Punishment and good auction for finish combos.

5.-Double Claymore: Generally I do only d/f+3~d+f+2~3 or d+3,3,3 or any flamingo variant.

6.-Double Jab: Poking, after two times doing it I do a throw or do d/f+2.

7.-Baek's Rush (variables): The principal movement to survive with Baek.

8.-Heel Lance: Excellent punisher of low parry and good to made juggles.

9.-Albatross: After Dark Halberd with Siege Mortar's help it is perfect for to create set ups.

10.-Siege Mortar: Perfect for to create the set ups.
Signature The knowledge is important, nevertheless is not all...

My Baek's video / Galbadia Hotel / My SF III Combo Video
Nikola_Tesla
Virtuoso
PSN: NikolaTeslaAngel
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
No particular order
d+2
1,2,3~f
d+4,3,3,3~f
f,n,qcf+4,4,3~f
d/b+4
throws
1+2,4
sidestep
flaming cancel(d+4,3,3,3~f or 3,4,4,3~f or d/f+4,4,3~f....etc.)
punch parry
Signature http://www.sdtekken.com
bdsright
4th Dan
XBL: xRAMBO4EVERx
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
no order

d+2
d/f+1
d/f+3
d/f+4
d+4, 3, 3, w/e
d/f+2
b+4
d+3, 3, w/e
WR 2
b+1
d/b+4

And there might be a few others I use too, but these are the best ones in my opinion.
Signature