Baek Newbie silencer.(FLA cancel/throw,3x3+4)

Page Splits <1234>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by fatasianbastard
is it possible to do tripple halberds like this in Dr?

i only played dr baek on a psp twice and didnt try it.

did anything change with the tripple halberd juggles now,that you dont have to hold/buffer the 3`s from fla anymore?thx for the help.

and:is it just me or does it feel/look like his df2 has a bit better range then in t5?

thx ppl

In general, buffering 3 makes doing 3x3+4 much easier, since u will have less chance making input mistakes.

There is a difference between buffering the 3x3+4 and buffering snake kick. In snake kick, "4" isn't really required. However, to make it work, u had to do FLA d+3+4,4,4 in 5.0. In DR, u no longer need to hold 3 to get the snake kick to work, however, it can still be done that way.
fatasianbastard
Berserker
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NoodleHead
In general, buffering 3 makes doing 3x3+4 much easier, since u will have less chance making input mistakes.

There is a difference between buffering the 3x3+4 and buffering snake kick. In snake kick, "4" isn't really required. However, to make it work, u had to do FLA d+3+4,4,4 in 5.0. In DR, u no longer need to hold 3 to get the snake kick to work, however, it can still be done that way.

never really tried baek in dr so far,only tested his new moves and some setups for and witzhj d2,but ill play him for an hour or so later.the tripple halberds are no problem in t5.0 either once ppl get the timing down.
ill see if theyre really easier/more leanant timing in dr and post it.

but i knew this about the fla snakekicks difference allready.looks like they made a couple of chars way scrubbyier in dr.lol.thanks anyway.
Signature originally posted about anna nicole smith by AC:
good im glad she's dead stupid bitch thought she was smart marrying the old man near his time just for his money and trying to carry on like she really really loved him they looked like great grandad and grandaughter . Excellent she's dead excellent WAVEDASH
fatasianbastard
Berserker
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
ah FINALLY played DR baek for an hour.im very happy so far.df2 range got beefed up a bit.and the tripple halberds are easy as fuck now.almost too easy imo.everyone can learn them now in a couple of minutes,atleast it felt to me like that.

60 easy dmg off a ch4 is crazy.and the tripple halberds ALLWAYS connect after ch4 now
good im glad she's dead stupid bitch thought she was smart marrying the old man near his time just for his money and trying to carry on like she really really loved him they looked like great grandad and grandaughter . Excellent she's dead excellent WAVEDASH
manofgod
Virtuoso
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Baek noob here. Just wondering if the 3+4 timing is easier in DR than 5.0. It seems really strict in 5.0 unless my timing is really off.
Signature There once was a man from Spain
Who offered me French Champaigne
So I kicked him in the nuts
-Words of wisdom while traveling to Jade's party at GU
DJ KOR FIJNEMAN
Banned By Mod
PSN: earwicker
XBL: thefookler
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by manofgod
Baek noob here. Just wondering if the 3+4 timing is easier in DR than 5.0. It seems really strict in 5.0 unless my timing is really off.

yeah,definatelly easier in dr.

if you can do them in t5.0,you will never have a problem again in dr.
Signature said by the 13est:
and 4the record i?m not a stereotypical screaming queer. i?m a black guy with an attitude who sucks cock like a demon.
scrub>shit>diarrhea>spac-a-macaroni
+all his alter egos.loooool.
DJ KOR FIJNEMAN
Banned By Mod
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DJ KOR FIJNEMAN
yeah,definatelly easier in dr.

if you can do them in t5.0,you will never have a problem again in dr.

lol wen da fook did i post this!!??

THIS WAS NOT ME.

lol this was you ndj wasnt ya? lol, its coo man! POST COUNT FTW.
and 4the record i?m not a stereotypical screaming queer. i?m a black guy with an attitude who sucks cock like a demon.
nf0x
Sage
#27 “Quote” Edit Post

THIS WAS NOT ME.

lol
Signature "What It Do-San"
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#28 “Quote” Edit Post

THIS WAS NOT ME.

And I was like: since when did this Ganryu user use baek?
fatasianbastard
Berserker
#29 “Quote” Edit Post

THIS WAS NOT ME.

harhar

DJ KOR FIJNEMAN
Banned By Mod
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
hahah sorry guys my baek knowledge is pretty weak, so that cudnt have been me!

i guess i shud be prepared to see some random crazy posts around tz huh.
hey its cool with me, jus dont get me banned or demodded or something .
Stringer
nothing to lose
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
triple halberds from CH magic 4 is easier in DR, no more off axis only like in 5.0
fatasianbastard
Berserker
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Stringer
triple halberds from CH magic 4 is easier in DR, no more off axis only like in 5.0

yeah,but id say the overall timing on them is less strict in dr too.
Raido :-)
2nd Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
It didnt change a bit. you astill have to buff 3 in order to put it tigether.
Signature http://www.friendster.com/popoymaztah
t4d0666@yahoo.com
Popoymaztah<SM'SnL> =
fatasianbastard
Berserker
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Raido :-)
It didnt change a bit. you astill have to buff 3 in order to put it tigether.

yeah you still have to buffer the 3,but the timing on pressing f,n,4 is way more leanant in dr.or maybe im seeing things,but i still play both games and i have that impression
manofgod
Virtuoso
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry to ask but are the staple juggles the same as 5.0/5.1? Any better juice?
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Since d+2 makes Baek so damn godly on okizeme situations, most of people tend to do juggles that slam opp to the ground in DR (cd~f+4,4,3~f_d+2), as opposed to pure damage (f+1+2,4 ender) in 5.0/5,1. Nowadays people only do f+1+2,4 if they know for sure that the opp will be killed at the end of the juggle.

Juggles for okizeme in DR:
(class 2) 4 u/f~3+4~f FLA 1 cd~f+4,4,3~f
(class 2) u/f~3+4~f FLA 1,2,3~f FLA 1 cd~f+4,4,3~f
(class 2) u/f~3+4~f FLA 1,2,3~f FLA 1,2,3~f d+2
CH 4 u/f~3+4~f FLA 1,2,3~f FLA 1,2,3~f d+2
manofgod
Virtuoso
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks. Any specific buffering tricks/bufferings/ritualistic dances to connect halbard off CH 4?

Edit: A new scrub question comes:

Any way to cancel out of FLA? To say add more throws to the palette? Or to bait lows for a hopkick?

Last edited by manofgod on Mar 23rd, 2007 at 02:11

Rose
Champion
PSN: Bang Me Up Shitty
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
i have a hard time connecting the triple halberds. i can do them very rapidly and fast, but when im trying to do it in a actual juggle only 1 or two of them will connect. help...
Signature Signature suspended as it is in violation with signature rules.
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by manofgod
Thanks. Any specific buffering tricks/bufferings/ritualistic dances to connect halbard off CH 4?

Not exactly. Once u press 4, just hold the button and see if it CHes ur opponent. If it does, press u/f~3 while holding 4, and the rest should be easy.

The CH 4 juggle is much easier, almost consistent in DR unless maximum distance. It is, however, pretty hard to do in 5.0/5.1.

Edit: A new scrub question comes:

Any way to cancel out of FLA? To say add more throws to the palette? Or to bait lows for a hopkick?

Hmmm... FLA isn't something u should abuse, but then again, people have quite different opinions on it. Check youtube for some Baek matches or go to the "Baek potato" guide and see if u find anything useful.

Originally posted by Rose
i have a hard time connecting the triple halberds. i can do them very rapidly and fast, but when im trying to do it in a actual juggle only 1 or two of them will connect. help...

Practice more. U will get it. (Calm down while doing the juggles. People tend to get nervous when practicing on juggles that requires somewhat weird executions. U will get used to it after few more tries.)
Rose
Champion
PSN: Bang Me Up Shitty
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NoodleHead
Practice more. U will get it. (Calm down while doing the juggles. People tend to get nervous when practicing on juggles that requires somewhat weird executions. U will get used to it after few more tries.)
something tells me he can only do 3 of them against bigs, and not other chars
i still havent been able to connect 3 of them on bigs either, i even went tp practice mode, recorded three 3+4~fla's and threw it in a combo, and only the first one will connect while the other 2 whiff

like i might do u/f+4, 4, 3+4~fla, 1,2~fla, 1,2~fla, 1+2,4 just to keep the combo safe, because if i try to attempt doing u/f+4, 4, 3+4~fla, 3+4~fla, 3+4~fla, 1+2,4 im bound to screw up on the second 3+4~fla
i also have a hard time connecting u/f+3+4 after doing cd+3, U/F,4 too, like ill do cd+3, U/f,4, 1,2~fla, 3+4~fla, 1,2~fla, f+1+2,4
also, does baek have any better wall combo than 1,2,3,3,3 ???
Signature Signature suspended as it is in violation with signature rules.