Baek Newbie silencer.(FLA cancel/throw,3x3+4)

Page Splits 123>...4
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
visionj
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
topic.

i've looked at some of the other posts and there is something about "buffering" and im trying to do that but it wont fire off the second halberd in time to catch them out of the air. help?
noobkken
Iron Fist God
PSN: Launch+
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
As long as you're doing 2 halberds in a row through a fla transition, that means you've got the basics already.

Don't worry if the 2nd doesn't connect yet, just practice it more. What you want to do is minimise the time between the 2 halberds, you'll get there as you build up familiarity and a 'feeling' for the timing.
Signature < LCD- > | < TKSG > | < Launch+ > | (Lounge+
filthieRich
Tekken Project Team
PSN: Filthie_rich
XBL: Tekken Project Team
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
try this vision J

without the juggle..

just do 3+4~ F (holding 3)

dis puts you in halburd FLA (one leg up) and holding 3

to do the second halb as fast as possible

while holding 3 and forward let it go back to Nand press forward

notation :

3+4 F(only holding F3) ~ N + 4 (while still holding 3)

and repeat

wow thats a retarted notation

if you check around the pages .. the guys on the baek forums did a good job n im sure you can find the explination
Signature Namco Bandai Community Manager
Tekken Project Team
www.twitter.com/filthierich
nf0x
Sage
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Good explanation filthy.

Just practice, and sooner or later it'll become second nature.

I couldn't find a better place for this, so i'll just ramble for a bit here.

Halbred has some uses other then in juggles.

Whiff it over opponent after your juggle is done. Not sure why, but 90% of people overreact, and try to stand up and punish it.

After a succesful d+2 on a downed oponnent, use it to be in there face when they stand up.

SS a few times then halbred off axis once or twice. Oponnent will comonly run after you, which gives you a good oportunity to throw the extreme priority launcher, back turned u/f+4. Knock them up.

Nothing consistant, rarely usefull at all, but always fun to change it up.

-Nick
Signature "What It Do-San"
visionj
Kyu
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
cool, i'll take your guys' advice. thanks a bunch
=(Wang)=Frozen
Dragon Lord
PSN: FROZINC
XBL: |I^LOVE^KS|
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Can tell mi is tis juggle gurrente? launcher,4,uf3+4,uf3+4,f1+2,4?

Nid advice to get the second uf3+4 hit... saw wat noobkken did and wanted to start learnin it too...
Signature
<CHAOS> RETRO
(CHAOS) FTW! |☆~|
noobkken
Iron Fist God
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
You don't need uf3+4, normal 3+4 will actually do. uf3+4 is supposed to be slightly faster. I use it to connect off ch4, but only the first halberd. Followups i only use 3+4, but that's just out of habit.

double halberd, 1+2,4 is very consistent.

df2_uf4, 4, triple halberd, 1+2,4 can be done but its pretty demanding to get it consistently. As you practice the triple halberds, you'll notice there's different degrees of connecting them. Meaning there's actually abit of allowance for shoddier execution. You need very precise connecting of halberds to get 4, triple halberd, 1+2,4 ender.
=(Wang)=Frozen
Dragon Lord
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by noobkken
You don't need uf3+4, normal 3+4 will actually do. uf3+4 is supposed to be slightly faster. I use it to connect off ch4, but only the first halberd. Followups i only use 3+4, but that's just out of habit.

double halberd, 1+2,4 is very consistent.

df2_uf4, 4, triple halberd, 1+2,4 can be done but its pretty demanding to get it consistently. As you practice the triple halberds, you'll notice there's different degrees of connecting them. Meaning there's actually abit of allowance for shoddier execution. You need very precise connecting of halberds to get 4, triple halberd, 1+2,4 ender.

Ok,thx.... will try it tml at suntec... will u and <Launch+> go to suntec too?
Signature
<CHAOS> RETRO
(CHAOS) FTW! |☆~|
noobkken
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
If you can, try it on the PS2, could take awhile to get used to it.

Pretty unlikely, we've got something on tmr. I definitely can't make it tmr. The next week, probablyl.
=(Wang)=Frozen
Dragon Lord
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
If you can, try it on the PS2, could take awhile to get used to it.

Pretty unlikely, we've got something on tmr. I definitely can't make it tmr. The next week, probablyl.

Noobkken, i try it today but the second halberd can't seen to connect?

I do Launcher, 4, 3+4, 3+4, 1+2, 4...but can't get the second one le... my friend told mi u nid to cancel the flamingo? Nid advise asap
Signature
<CHAOS> RETRO
(CHAOS) FTW! |☆~|
noobkken
Iron Fist God
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Filthy rich has posted the proper notation in the an earlier post.

Anyway yes, you have to cancel to fla. 3+4, holding F and 3. 3 works as a buffer. By buffering 3, you only need to press 4 to execute the next halberd.

So you go 3+4 (hold 3, hold F), the moment baek goes into fla, simultaneously release F and tap 4. F should be released a split second before tapping 4, but you can do it just about simultaneously. The key is to practice that transition part, so that baek spends as little time in fla as possible. Just try to practice linking 2 halberds together first. Add the first 4 next time, when you're more familiar.
=(Wang)=Frozen
Dragon Lord
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Filthy rich has posted the proper notation in the an earlier post.

Anyway yes, you have to cancel to fla. 3+4, holding F and 3. 3 works as a buffer. By buffering 3, you only need to press 4 to execute the next halberd.

So you go 3+4 (hold 3, hold F), the moment baek goes into fla, simultaneously release F and tap 4. F should be released a split second before tapping 4, but you can do it just about simultaneously. The key is to practice that transition part, so that baek spends as little time in fla as possible. Just try to practice linking 2 halberds together first. Add the first 4 next time, when you're more familiar.

Thx... i tink i roughly get the idea liao...
But iszit launcher,3+4,f+3~4(while holdin 3),f+3~4(while holding 3),1+2,4????
Signature
<CHAOS> RETRO
(CHAOS) FTW! |☆~|
noobkken
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Nope, its 3+4~F, n+3+4~F, n+3+4~F, n+1+2,4

Or holding 3,

(3)+4~F, n+4~F, n+4~F, (let go of 3) n+1+2,4.

I believe if you press f+3+4 halberd won't come out, so it has to be n+3+4.
=(Wang)=Frozen
Dragon Lord
#14 “Quote” Edit Post

Or holding 3,

(3)+4~F, n+4~F, n+4~F, (let go of 3) n+1+2,4.

I believe if you press f+3+4 halberd won't come out, so it has to be n+3+4.

Which one do u use noobkken?
I prefer the second one i tink... cause it is easier maybe?
Signature
<CHAOS> RETRO
(CHAOS) FTW! |☆~|
noobkken
Iron Fist God
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes holding down 3 is much easier, i use that one also.
=(Wang)=Frozen
Dragon Lord
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by theowner
beak doo san juggle is so fun.. i rli like playin him for fun but of course ma lili will PWN u

Ya, lili's juggle is easy dmg... But i tink baek's juggle still one of the best staple one...

Noobkken:Try again liao... still trying to finish the juggle consistly....
Signature
<CHAOS> RETRO
(CHAOS) FTW! |☆~|
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
*merged*

This post is a update of my previous FLA study in T5.0 made for newbs who is learning instant FLA. For the seasoned/experience players, this is not gonna be something that is terribly exciting.

When people first started playing Baek?s FLA, besides the excitement of the mixup possibilities that Baek has from his FLA stance, ?I PRESSED THE ATTACK, BUT BAEK ISN?T ATTACKING!!!? during the FLA is probably the most common problems shared by many. Be it FLA throw, FLA 3,4>4,3, or FLA d+4,3,3,3, when the timing is off, Baek would just stand there with one leg waiting to be CH?ed. To play Baek effectively, you will have to learn to eliminate being stuck in the FLA inactive window.

There are two ways to cancel ur (FLA cancelable) moves to FLA:
- 1. Holding F_B and release during the jf window, ? F:n_B:n?(used often in juggle) and
- 2. Taping f_b during the jf window. ? :f_ :b ? (used often in string cancel)

Note ?jf? here is not the 1-frame jf type, but more of 3-frame window in 5.0. In DR, it?s even more lenient... I would say about 4 to possibly 5-frame window.
The common problem among Baek starters are that they tend to press f too quickly after the cancelable moves, and doing so often triggers the inactive FLA window.

Alright, now let?s get to the ?jf? part.
The jf window starts around 5 frames before the non-canceled impact 3 (Assuming f was never tapped).

Basically, Baek?s FLA cancels are all from the moves that end with 3. Now imaging when the 3 would hit, and the jf window is at the last 5 frames until the impact 3.

Diagram examples: (1,2,3:f, d+4,3,3,3:f and f+4,3:f)

C. Inputs: 1,2,3--f
animation: --1--2----3
:f timing: --------^^^

C. Inputs: d+4,3,--3,--3-------f
animation: ----d+4---3----3-------3
:f timing: -----------------------^^^

C. Inputs: f+4,3----------------f
animation: -------f+4 --------------3
:f timing: ------------------------^^^

----: the frame during the hits.
^^^: when f should be pressed
^: the earliest possible time for u to cancel into the FLA w/o the inactive window.

Above three examples should be able to explain why that the 1,2,3 into FLA is much easier than f+4,3 into FLA for baek starters. in the case of 1,2,3, u have a relative bigger chance to press f at the ideal time, where for f+4,3, u have to wait a bit for the kick "3" to come out. In any cases, if the timing is correct, u are able to do FLA/standing moves instantly after the cancel. But in order to perform moves that are seemly uninterruptible, it is recommended that u tap f as early of the window as possible. (emphasized in bold "^")

The trick is to focus on the timing of the last kick and count few frames ahead of it, you will be able to perform FLA moves with ease. To make it even easier for the starters, the f should be done when his foot stretchs out. (>90 degree angle between his thigh and lower leg) Watch the screen carefully, and tap foward when you amost kick ur opponent.

If done successfully, any inputs including throw should come out immediately:
FLA f+3 ( :F, then 3)
FLA f+4 ( :F, then 4)
FLA b+3 (:B, then3)
FLA d/b+3+4 ( :b, then slide to d/b+3+4)
FLA 3,4,4,3 ( :f_:b, then 3,4,4,3)
d+3,3,3 ( :f, then press d+3,3,3)
d/f+3,4 ( :f, then d/f+3,4)
d+4,3,3
b+1_2 ( :B, then press 1 or 2)
1+2,4 (holding :F or tapping :f does not affect the outcome)
d+1
d+2
3,4,3 (:B while holding 3, then press 4. Release 3 and press 4,3)
d/b+4 (:b, then slide to d/b+4.)
b+4 ( :B, then press 4 at the right timing)
f+2+3 throw ( :F. inputing 2~3 immediately)

etc.

Most of the FLA cancelable moves can be canceled by tapping f or b. d/f+3 and 1,2,3 can be canceled with any direction. (f_b_u_d) However, since d/f+3 cancel is used mainly for FLA WD, f and d are recommended for the movement and the speed of the input.

FLA WD:
d/f+3(hold 3 from now on):f~n~d/f+4:f~n~d/f+4, and repeat, or
d/f+3(hold 3 from now on):d~n~d/f+4:d~n~d/f+4, and repeat

Multiple 3+4:
3+4(hold 3 the whole time)~F: n+4~F and repeat. Release ?F? when Baek lands, and immediately input 4 (with 3 held the entire time) for the best result.

-Noodle-

Last edited by NoodleHead on Dec 27th, 2007 at 15:38

TotemicMask
4th Dan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
good job , it helped a lot
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Bump for newbies' convenience.
fatasianbastard
Berserker
#20 “Quote” Edit Post

is it possible to do tripple halberds like this in Dr?

i only played dr baek on a psp twice and didnt try it.

did anything change with the tripple halberd juggles now,that you dont have to hold/buffer the 3`s from fla anymore?thx for the help.

and:is it just me or does it feel/look like his df2 has a bit better range then in t5?

thx ppl
Signature originally posted about anna nicole smith by AC:
good im glad she's dead stupid bitch thought she was smart marrying the old man near his time just for his money and trying to carry on like she really really loved him they looked like great grandad and grandaughter . Excellent she's dead excellent WAVEDASH