Page Splits <1234>...36
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Paik4Life
Destroyer
PSN: Paik4Life
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, you cut the plastic to the size of the top metal panel. Drill all the same holes that exist in that top panel. You put the artwork in between and use the screws to hold down the plastic as well. That is what I did here:

And to answer your question from your PM, you do not need to solder in order to mod the T5 stick with a JLF.

~Paik
Signature "I'm unstoppable!!!" ~The Juggernaut
"Who OWNZ?!? The Shadow OWNZ!!!" ~Paik

"Smart bomb...*WHAM* haha!" ~ Aspen from RI Tekken Ep 2
SEPU7V3DA-jIn
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: sepulvedajin
XBL: sepulvedajin
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
whats up you guys!
in the past few months i've been playing stick 'd-pad is just not cutting it anymore'! I got this HRAP2 and its good, problem is that i dont feel fully comfortable or as controlled with it . I've been researching about for a short time sorry if i sound like a tard @ our local arcade I've messed around with the joysticks and i feel more comfortable and conrtol of my movements with stiff,battop like joystick. And my problem is that i've never used that type of joystick on tekken and no one i know has that kind of joystick that play casualy @ our local area. What can i do in order to obtain that kind of feel on my hrap2 without completely destoying it cuz i dont know what to do!
Signature If your not 1st, you'r last.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TekkenForceArizona/
Paik4Life
Destroyer
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
You're probably referring to some sort of Happ brand stick. It is possible to install one into an HRAP2, but if you don't know what you're doing, you're better off not messing with it.

~Paik

Millionz
Iron Fist God
PSN: Trash_of_VA
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Uhh I have a question concerning the HRAP. I already looked in the HRAP FAQ thread but I really couldn't understand a lot of the technical jargon. A couple weeks ago I was using someone else's HRAP which looked sorta like this except theirs was a white with red buttons. Is there a significant difference in the way that stick is made with the T5 Hori stick? The HRAP played on felt so much better than my T5 hori. I was under the impression they were the same stick more or less except for the artwork.
Signature Tiamat: im tryng to hard to be nice
Tiamat: Trying
Tiamat: too
Tiamat: fuck
Tiamat: ok thats funny too out of context if you take the last 3 words
Paik4Life
Destroyer
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Millionz, you're talking about the HRAP2. US T5 stick doesn't have a Sanwa stick. The HRAPs do. Also the button layout is different.

~Paik

fatpolomanjr
Berserker
PSN: Dan_Dan_Esteban
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
K-stick question:

Are there any easy ways to make the diagonals on a fanta less "tight"? It seems as though the stick currently installed has a very small window for me to hit df on the 1p side, which makes bdc on 2p side pretty strained and choppy.

Cynnik told me to bend back the leaf of the bad switch with plyers, but I'm beginning to think that the problem is the actual switch and not the leaf itself. I hope that the problem isn't the rubber inside of the stick. I'll try replacing the microswitch, but I've that noticed that other k-sticks (unused) have the same problem.
Signature Wiggums: "Lou...Lou! Are you alright?"
Lou: "The electric yellow has got me by the brain banana."
The Electric Yellow 8ㅖ
TRUE!
planted an Inception
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by fatpolomanjr
K-stick question:

Are there any easy ways to make the diagonals on a fanta less "tight"? It seems as though the stick currently installed has a very small window for me to hit df on the 1p side, which makes bdc on 2p side pretty strained and choppy.

Cynnik told me to bend back the leaf of the bad switch with plyers, but I'm beginning to think that the problem is the actual switch and not the leaf itself. I hope that the problem isn't the rubber inside of the stick. I'll try replacing the microswitch, but I've that noticed that other k-sticks (unused) have the same problem.

check pm.

and how many k-sticks do you have?
Signature Level Up Your Game / SuperArcadeBox
Originally posted by Juggernaut
yo mama is f~UChN b1ch cuz she RLX with my d1ch and takes it in the VTS and suck my DCK until my flamingo plays dead in full crouch position and AOPs all over my Wang.
manofgod
Virtuoso
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello. I need a new stick, since my old one died. Just wondering who makes good ones. Dreaded Fist did my last one; I wasn't too pleased with it.

Edit: Question 2: How would I go about making my own stick, where to get parts and the like?

Thanks.
Signature There once was a man from Spain
Who offered me French Champaigne
So I kicked him in the nuts
-Words of wisdom while traveling to Jade's party at GU
Paik4Life
Destroyer
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Both of these questions would have easily been found reading the sticky thread. Specifically the Gamer's Buying Guide that I compiled.

~Paik

Evil Roboken
Kyu
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi, I am thinking of gettin an x=arcade but don't really like that loose teardrop handle they have, is it easy enough to just put a ball top on?

Cheers for any help
Mastapopo
Dragon Lord
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Evil Roboken
Hi, I am thinking of gettin an x=arcade but don't really like that loose teardrop handle they have, is it easy enough to just put a ball top on?

Cheers for any help

don't buy an x-arcade... I hear they're pretty bad.
Paik4Life
Destroyer
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Evil Roboken

Cheers for any help

You should just get an HRAP2. There are plenty on eBay that are about $100 shipped.

~Paik

Devil Naeem
PSN: XJinSlayerX
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi guys

Can anyone tell me how to tighten a stick properly? I like loose sticks but one of my Namco sticks is just way too loose and I wanna tighten it. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Paik4Life
Destroyer
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
You need to replace the spring. That'll make it have more resistance and "tighter" as you put it.

~Paik

Cynnik
alot deep
PSN: Cynnik
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
you can just expand the spring by stretching it a little and it will give you more resistance. ive had no problems w/ this method.
Paik4Life
Destroyer
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, that also works, but using that method stretches the spring past it's normal spring coefficient which makes it a lot less consistent as time goes by. Meaning although you've stretched it, it will slowly but surely loosen back to how it was originally formed. This of course happens with all springs over time, but a tighter spring will keep the tightness a lot longer than say a spring that was just stretched.

~Paik

Devil Naeem
PSN: XJinSlayerX
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the info guys

Paik, are all springs in sticks the same size? I can get another spring from an old stick if it?s the case

Paik4Life
Destroyer
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Not ALL springs, but you can use a spring from say an LS-32-01 and put it into a JLF. But you'd have to be a bit more specific about what spring you want to use. I know nothing about Happ parts, but I highly doubt they will fit.

~Paik

Real law
Frank White
PSN: CAAB_Real_Law
XBL: King Of New York
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Happ springs are too big to fit...
Signature You think your world is safe. It is an illusion, A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, Shall we begin?
CALM AS A BOMB!!
real law
A Horsemen Till The Day I Die ! <4H>

Mastapopo
Dragon Lord
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Devil Naeem
Hi guys

Can anyone tell me how to tighten a stick properly? I like loose sticks but one of my Namco sticks is just way too loose and I wanna tighten it. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

if you can't find the spring just JLF mod it.