FLA wave dash. When to use?

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
mihovil
Warrior
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I belive title explains itself, so my question basicly is when do you guys use it? I mostly use it when I am far avay from opponent, and want to get in fast, so I do d/f+3~f,d/f+3~f... (two in a row most often, but sometimes even 3. Depends on a distance).

Now my main problem is I can't fear players enough to stand block, and I always get punished, or even launched. How do you train them to stand block while you do it? What I usualy do after I succeed to get close (which is rarely), I do either FLA throw, 3,4,4,3~f into mix up, or d/b+4. How about you?

Anyway, hope this thread isn't gonna be closed anytime soon, because i really think FLA wawe dash is one of Baeks most powerfull attacks. Discussion should be about how to use it, and most important WHEN...
Signature no signature
Orichalcon
Expert
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
the key to fla dash is distance, and another key element that makes the fla dash work in my opinion is ending it with d/f+3, as it is pretty much impossible to see coming out of it, once your make your opponent fear the CH d/f+3 (70+ damage juggle), that is when the fla dash becomes effective

when do i do it? after juggles for wake up and similar situations, on a standing opponent i would use crouch dash though
Signature "When the dragons grow too mighty
To slay with pen or sword
I grow weary of the battle
And the storm I walk toward"
zenith
Shihan
PSN: Zennith
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree with Orichalcon on a lot of this. Make them fear the CH d/f+3 juggle (one of my favorites). Then you can use FLA Dash to do hop in attacks, just a single d/f+3 then mix up from flamingo. Then there is after a juggle to catch up to the opponent and start wakeup.
mihovil
Warrior
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I tried that d/f+3 couple of times. Unforinately, didn't conect lots of times, when it did, only as a normal hit, on crouch opponent. I still find it quite hard to catch them standing to conect FLA throw. Too bad some of the players know Baek too damn good. And not to mention how many times FLA d/b+4 got blocked. It seems that they really don't care about that d/f+3 conecting as a normal hit, so they just keep on chrouching.

I'll really need to train those few players to stand block when they see me FLA wawe dashing... It allso seems to me Law's d+4,3 is really strong against wawe dash, since I got launched several times.. Maybe its just me. I got lots of trouble against Law..
Signature no signature
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Sometimes, at the start of the game, immidiately d/f+3~f into fla throw. It tracks ss/sw opp, if I recall right.

Also, after juggles that sends opp afar, u can use fla cancel to close in ur opp who is getting up. Since the addition of d+2, ur opp would not wanna stay on teh ground. While they stand up and block any incoming attack, u can do fla mixups...

Never do fla cancel into d/b+4 crazy. U will get punished a lot. Also, Never fla wd right in front of opp's face at first try. They will try to interrupt u, so get urself outa fla wd, and let the d/f+3>4 (outa fla) does the trick. CH the first hit or the other = pain. If opp is stunned close, d/f+1 into juggle. If opp is afar, flawd into d+4,3,3~f d+2.

Last edited by NoodleHead on Apr 18th, 2006 at 20:28

nf0x
Sage
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
imo, it really does not have a place in baeks game. Maybe one out of ten matches, i'll do it once, and for no particular reason other then trying to land a ch d/f+3. Not a necessity by any means, more of a not soo tricky parlor trick.
Signature "What It Do-San"
Stringer
nothing to lose
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+3~f - in tech roll situations, a real head fucker and in the wake up game... best times to use it.. or after a successful d+3,3,n+3 on wake-up to close the spacing but don't get too caught up in it...

d/f+3~d_u can sometimes get you in a good position to launch depending on your opp. like if someone tries to jab or even grab when u do d/f+3~d_u it sways it and you can get b+4... hell the best situation scenario is when you cause an ugly whiff (I tested this against a noted Paul player and it worked, just keep in mind I'm talking about the death fist here) you'll wind up behind and there's your free 1,2,3,4,3 or FLA charged 3,4,3 for the launch

other than that, you have to be careful for moves that track, Steve's b+1 is an anti-Baek and d/f+3 faints are no exception to the rule besides d/f+3,4 is pretty damn punishable...

on the flip side is when u get d/f+3 to hit on CH you get free damage...
Baek doesn't have a decent amount of super safe moves which is why he's a candidate for high-risk/high-reward category.

Last edited by Stringer on Apr 12th, 2006 at 17:55

Rena522
Master
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I played a game yesturday and I only practiced spamming fla cancel and I've come to a conclusion that fla cancelling once is only useful and any more than that you are asking to be launchedl. Only other thing though is that sometimes when i'm playing against scrubs, after a successful df2, I do 1,2 hat hat hat hat hat step into a down 3, 3, 4 just for show
baekayl
Iron Fist God
PSN: Baekayl
XBL: Half Baeked401
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I also dont use it that much, just if someone keepd backdashing th last hit of WS+4,4,3 or d/f+4,4,3. caneling into d/f+3 or fl wavedash to something else is pretty good for that.

Also good for style pts.
Signature
Rena522
Master
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
baekayl how far are you from Stony Brook Long Island?
baekayl
Iron Fist God
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
ummm,however far warwick rhode island is from there... stringer may know better, hes been up here a few times... interested in comming up and getting some matches???
Signature
Stringer
nothing to lose
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
RI is some ways from NY
w'dup Mikayl?
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
baekayl, do u know AnimalAttacktics?

Anyway, when u get a CH kick of non-fla cencel 3 with opp stun. A FLA close in is required to get the d+4,3,3~f Flad+3,3,3.
baekayl
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
whats up stringer moved and got the net back so ull see me on here a lot more man....

Noodlehead, animal attaktics is one of, if not my closest tekken bud. have u come down for any of the wed night weeklys??? i prob have met u if u did.

off of that 3 stun kick id go for a dash 3+4~f~whatever juggle u can do out of it... shit looks hot off that stun man..
Signature
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Heh, I have not gone to any of the weeklies of RI. I did however met with Matt few times and had some friendly gatherings. Next time when I am over there I will definitely let u know. (Corn said he hates Baek, is that because of u?, haha)

3+4~f Fla d/b+4 is a Combo in T5.0, not sure if opp can quick backroll the smash stun in T5DR.
baekayl
Iron Fist God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
should have been more specific.. if u do a dash 3+4~f it will actually pick them up and u can continue w/ 2x3+4~f, 1+2,4 or something like that. the stun substitutes for the 1st hit of a juggle like d/f+2_u/f+4 so basically you can do whatever juggle ud normally do after the 3+4~f. cant say whether 123~f would pick up in the same way because i always go for the 3+4 for flash and i think 2 extra damage pts...

definitley let me know when u come down. me and matt ran like 100 matches a few days ago.. hell ,maybe ill have u guys over my apt (i live like 2 secs from the mall where we have DR so we can get some nice dr matches 2 if u want...)
Signature
baekayl
Iron Fist God
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
oh, and im pretty sure the 3+4 ground stun has gone the way of fengs wonderpalm CH stun.. i used to go for a ff+4 after that.. d/b+4 was prob more powerful tho, will have 2 check on that i guess...

though im not definite, im %99 sure i have to be the reason corn hates baek, as no one else really plays him around here...
Signature
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
haven't done it for a while, but I think I gave u the wrong input. U will need another FLA in between.

3+4(hold 3)~f d/f+4~f d/b+4.
(double kick into FLA, FLA WD once into low sweep.)

still guaranteed.

Yeah, Thank you for the stun juggle. I used to just fla dash into d+4,3,3,3~f FLA snake, but now I think I will do 3+4~f fla 1 cd~f+4,4,3~f Fla Snake kick. Longer the juggle, and nasty on opp doing anything but staying on the ground. (quickstanding/quickroll/rollback/any kicks)
baekayl
Iron Fist God
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
no prob for the stun juggle...i think i just used to go for D/B+3+4 after the stun or some useless crap like that..

havnt had time to mess w/ the 3+4 knockdown to fl dash d/b+4.

sounds pretty decent and like i said prob more powerful than just doing ff+4.
Signature
Stringer
nothing to lose
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
if u fast enough d/b+3+4 from FLA after 3+4~f is guaranteed if they don't tech the knockdown