Page Splits 123>...4
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
nf0x
Sage
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
My fellow Baekians, or something.

How often, if at all, do you go for a side or back throw instead of a launcher, when you score a successful ss, ssx2, or the coveted ssx3? Baek's lanuchers are notoriously slow, so going for the throw isn't always bad.

Opinnions
Signature "What It Do-San"
zenith
Shihan
PSN: Zennith
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I do use the throw every now and then, usually the ssx3 to back throw or ssl, b+2 then a side throw. I think I mainly do the throws to keep them guessing, you can?t be predictable with Baek. That and the fact I think his back and side throws are kick ass.
balladbirdkaren
Virtuoso
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
instead of doing a backthrow,(if you're in range...) try,

(back)fla_3, 4, 4, 4, WS+4, 4, 4...

Enjoy!
Signature (PMS)

Phoenix Doo San
Master
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm soorry but FLA 3,3, 4ws444 is cool but lots of people forget about 1,2 -3,4,3...that takes way too much damage since 1,2 FLA x3 into 1+2, 4 sets up OKI.....!! Yeah peopl say its not guaranteed but in tournament play people forget to duck an dtry to turn around that if 1,2 343 is inputted w/o. delay i nab them 80% of the time and i have beaten some good players @ tourneys with that combo which takes 98 DMG in 5.1.....80 DMG in DR!!! nuff sed!! a human mind in tournament play always forgets the basics of milisecond response while thinking about combo/setup ratio considering that they just got 2x 3x sidestepped int back turn combo.....think about that and do the math ....smart money says you'll nab the combo..I stand by it!!
Signature Money....You wanna play fa' money?? Why play for cash when beating you for free is eternal PAYOFF,........BIATCHES!!!
Tick
The Baekinator
PSN: Tikkuropolis
XBL: JUXTified
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree, you gotta go for 1,2,3,4,3 at some point, and if they can't escape it then keep doing it until they figure it out. The combo is way too huge to not take advantage of but if they do duck the last hit then you can start thinking about throwing or using b+4 instead.

I remember people mentioning f+2,1,2 into b+4 when the opponent is BT but I think they might have removed that? Clarification required.
Phoenix Doo San
Master
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
not so 12343 is so spamable...a seasoned vet woui crouch jab if th last 34 whiffed, thus ending your juggle ...in the end both of you are at a deadlock but the opponent
ate a 123 for about 35 while you ate a jab for 15-20...safe money right?? even so with the probabilty mentioned in this specific tournement situation sluting 12343 will still garner an 80% 80 DMG juggle in DR....so spam away Baekians!!!

PS : by the way F 2,1,2 BT stun was removed for new version....was the birth of his 100% combo!!
Signature Money....You wanna play fa' money?? Why play for cash when beating you for free is eternal PAYOFF,........BIATCHES!!!
Orichalcon
Expert
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Phoenix Doo San
not so 12343 is so spamable...a seasoned vet woui crouch jab if th last 34 whiffed, thus ending your juggle ...in the end both of you are at a deadlock but the opponent
ate a 123 for about 35 while you ate a jab for 15-20...safe money right?? even so with the probabilty mentioned in this specific tournement situation sluting 12343 will still garner an 80% 80 DMG juggle in DR....so spam away Baekians!!!

PS : by the way F 2,1,2 BT stun was removed for new version....was the birth of his 100% combo!!

if you've already done the work of 3xSSing to their back, why take the chance of them getting out of the launch? just b+4 and juggle their ass, i'd rather take my constant 55 damage than take a risk for 80
Signature "When the dragons grow too mighty
To slay with pen or sword
I grow weary of the battle
And the storm I walk toward"
Phoenix Doo San
Master
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
AGAIN YES IT IS NOT GUARANTEED ...BUT GIVEN PROBABILITY IN A STRESSED TOURNEY SITUATION THE ODDS ARE AGAINST THE OPPP......PLAYERS DO THE MATH..GET INTO THAT SITUATION AND SEE FOR URSELF...MORE TIMES THAN NONE YOU WILL SPAM THE 12343....CHALLENGE URSELF AND MAKE THE MENTAL NOTE.....I HAVE CAUGHT SOME OF THE BETTER PLAYERS W. IT....BESIDES ALL YOU REALLY NEED IS 1...X2 SIDESTEP SINCE I SIDESTEP AFTER AN ADVANCING LINEAR ATTACK THE 1,2 KNOCKS THEM TO BACK TURNED POSITION ,THE 343 KNOCKS THEM UP IF THEY TRY TO DUCK OR TURN ATTK!!! DO THE MATH...YOULL SEE!!

AGAIN ITS ALL SUBJECTIVE AND ONLY ONE TOOL TO WIN ...BAEK IS A SOLID CHARACHTER AND WIN OR LOSE HE IS ONE OF THE CHAR THAT EVERY HIT FEELS LIKE AN EARNED HIT .....MAYBE NOT FOR D+2 ...BUT FUK IT THNX NAMCO!!!

PO!! BAEKIANS!!
balladbirdkaren
Virtuoso
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Phoenix Doo San:
Yeah peopl say its not guaranteed but in tournament play people forget to duck an dtry to turn around that if 1,2 343 is inputted w/o. delay i nab them 80% of the time and i have beaten some good players @ tourneys with that combo which takes 98 DMG in 5.1.....80 DMG in DR!!! nuff sed!! a human mind in tournament play always forgets the basics of milisecond response while thinking about combo/setup ratio considering that they just got 2x 3x sidestepped int back turn combo.....think about that and do the math ....smart money says you'll nab the combo..I stand by it!!

not unless your playing with high level gamers...
Signature (PMS)

Phoenix Doo San
Master
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
EVEN HIGH LEVEL GAMERS MAKE MISTAKES...AND HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS SOME TIME FORGET THE BASICS WHILE TRYING TO PERFORM A COMPLEX STRING OF DEF/OFF MOVES!!

DEPENDING ON THE PLAYER..CANCEL THROWS ARE GREAT ESPECIALLY IN FLA SSX2-3 INTO BACK THROW...HARDER TO BREAK IT SEEMS..!!

AGAINST A GAMER WHO BREAKS GRABS CONSISTENTLY BEHIND BACK POKES OR 334 GUARANTEES KNOCK DOWN INT WR444 OR D 4,3 TECH TRAPS...BAEK IS A POKER..DEPENDS ON HOW FAST YOU CANCEL INTO THE NEXT POKE!!
Orichalcon
Expert
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by nf0x
if you ever get behind them, d+3,3,3 is always better then b+4. More damage, always combos, loads of fun.

After a bit of contemplation, d+3,3,3 is better then a back throw all the time. Right? Guaranteed more damage then throw, comes out faster, cant be teched/blocked.

ftw? I believe so.

oh, i use d+3,3,3 all the time on the back in 5.0, i dont have DR and i thought i heard someone say it doesnt launch in the back or something

whoever it was that said that, you suck
balladbirdkaren
Virtuoso
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
originally posted by Phoenix Doo San:
EVEN HIGH LEVEL GAMERS MAKE MISTAKES...AND HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS SOME TIME FORGET THE BASICS WHILE TRYING TO PERFORM A COMPLEX STRING OF DEF/OFF MOVES!!

it's still better to play safe...

IMO, players who has very rapid reflexes and focused in their game won't be hit by that said string...(eg. Vashakevukokevash=Phil. Champ)

Like what you've said... Baek is a poker... But what you are trying to do is to launch... WTHs wit that...

When you get a BT... opponents often crouch jab... so your 1,2,3 string will be interrupted... when you're interrupted=no more advantage...

originally posted by Phoenix Doo San:
I'm soorry but FLA 3,3, 4ws444...

I know its cool but what I suggested was BT fla_3,4,4,4, ws+4,4,4= lots of damage

originally posted by Orichaclon:
oh, i use d+3,3,3 all the time on the back in 5.0, i dont have DR and i thought i heard someone say it doesnt launch in the back or something

Tried and Tested...

It does not launch...

Last edited by balladbirdkaren on Mar 22nd, 2006 at 01:40

Signature (PMS)

Orichalcon
Expert
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
in that case

nf0x, you suck

so b+4 IS the best guaranteed way to launch them in the back then?
balladbirdkaren
Virtuoso
#14 “Quote” Edit Post

in that case

nfox, you suck

hahaha... that's rude...

yup, b+4 guaranteed on BT
Signature (PMS)

Phoenix Doo San
Master
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
sometime when you are a pussy playing safe you tend to be on the deffensive disadvantage...sometime you gottta man up and take the chances...Safe has never been in Baek's vocabulary!!

Besides thier back is turned..i posted before if thery interrupt the 12343 string they stil eat a 123 for some damage..not a big loss!!
mihovil
Warrior
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
It's so funny to see how this discussion started as a throw dialogue and tuned into 3SS thread. Maybe we should change topic's name...

Never mind that. Anyway, I already posted this to T5 DR thread, but it seems to me this one would be more appropriate. How about SSR,b+3,b+1,d+4,3,3,3~f. What do you do after? I saw a couple freebaek videos in wich he used this alot against Steve player, and got punished every time he went to FLA with that combination. What I usualy do afterwards is FLA,d/b+4, in case they try to BT+3_4. I consider d/b+4 best anti high move for that situation. However, I am sure ther must be a better solution. Any ideas? Or even better tested methods?
Signature no signature
Phoenix Doo San
Master
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
THATS A STEVE MATCH...STEVE ALWAYS GETS CAUGHT IF YOU ANTICIPATE THE D/B 4 AGAINST HIS LINEAR RUCHES....BUT IT IS ALL SUBJECTIVE TO YOUR INTERPRETATION!!!

SSFLA B+1 TRICK ARE A GOOD STAPLE AGAINST CERTAIN CHARS...... MACHINEZ HAS STATED THAT HE LIKES SLUTTING THAT ONE!!
mihovil
Warrior
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Phoenix Doo San
THATS A STEVE MATCH...STEVE ALWAYS GETS CAUGHT IF YOU ANTICIPATE THE D/B 4 AGAINST HIS LINEAR RUCHES....BUT IT IS ALL SUBJECTIVE TO YOUR INTERPRETATION!!!

SSFLA B+1 TRICK ARE A GOOD STAPLE AGAINST CERTAIN CHARS...... MACHINEZ HAS STATED THAT HE LIKES SLUTTING THAT ONE!!

Well, to be more accuate, I usually play Baek matches against Paul or Lei, since those are my friend's most powerfull characters. Against Paul, I almost allways get in BT d+4, and against Lei it is even worse. I get BT d+1 in, and get juggled. To bad Baek doesn't have any anti low moves from FLA. I tried doing FLA d/f+4,4, but that will almost allways whiff, and then I am in even deeper shit. I just can't seem to find any decent way of handling that kind of situation.
Signature no signature
Orichalcon
Expert
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mihovil
To bad Baek doesn't have any anti low moves from FLA.

halberd kicks?

i know its not the greatest, but you gotta make use of the tools you have....

what is especially annoying with the halberd kicks is when you do low crush a move, the low usually crushes highs, so you just end up whiffing each other, although usually baek has a nice frame advantage when that happens though, so can't complain too much

Last edited by Orichalcon on Mar 23rd, 2006 at 08:24

mihovil
Warrior
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Orichalcon
halberd kicks?

Sorry, I don't know which move you are talking about..
Signature no signature