Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Castel
Sensei Zaibatsu
PSN: Castel
XBL: Castel 360
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Welcome to the new General Strategy forum for DR. The stateside release of DR is still a few weeks away unfortunately but the game has been released now in Australia & New Zealand. Both these areas have a significant amount of Zaibatsu visitors so I have decided to open up the rest of the DR forums.

My plan for the DR forums is to mostly port over the current Tekken 5 forum moderators to the same forums for DR unless they have objections. If any spots happen to open up I will try to fill them from within the current moderator pool, but if more resources are needed I will post another application thread.

THIS ISN'T THE APPLICATION THREAD!!!!!!

That being said... TheDinosaur, The Realyst or Mishima_Player if any of you rather not head up this forum please send me a PM so I can start looking for a replacement.

Enjoy the new forum. I know lots of you will be tempted to post in here while you haven't played the game yet... please don't. Moderators feel free to nuke anything that is being posted without any facts or playing experience to back it up.
Signature The original Sensei Zaibatsu
TRUE!
planted an Inception
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
wow u work fast!

Signature Level Up Your Game / SuperArcadeBox
Originally posted by Juggernaut
yo mama is f~UChN b1ch cuz she RLX with my d1ch and takes it in the VTS and suck my DCK until my flamingo plays dead in full crouch position and AOPs all over my Wang.
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Castel, is it possible to change all the character icons in the "tekken 5 character strategy & combos" page to those that specifically match with the name? They're all Jin right now and it's confusing, or did you have a reason for changing them?
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif
BIGWORM
pissed? Throw dish!
PSN: tzBIGWORM
XBL: NickAppleese
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I happen to agree with Shotokan.

Shoto: What's up man? You gonna start whipping out Jin combos a la Tekken 4 again?
Signature I make avatars for the bidges HERE!
BEFORE YOU MAKE A REQUEST IN MY AV THREAD, READ THE RULES ON PAGE 1!!!

Team TAB?, moderating DPJ!
Shotokan
#Unity
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
lol hey biggie, I think that pretty much all the Jin combos have been found, if I have a chance I'll probably work on something else like perhaps Dragunov (if DR even gets released on console lol) or maybe even a combo video with several characters in it. There isn't a gold mine of combos like there was in T4, the physics of this game allows heaps of combos without wall, but pretty much everything's been found and the wall system of T4 allowed a crap load of possibilities, so that's why I came up with heaps for Jin. In all honestly I've finished school and I've got way more free time, I'll see what combos I can think of, doubt there'll be heaps though.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
BiG_B
David Letterman
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BIGWORM
I happen to agree with Shotokan.

Shoto: What's up man? You gonna start whipping out Jin combos a la Tekken 4 again?

Smoke alot of weed on the first..
Signature
t4jin
Bring The Rape
PSN: nemesislike
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shotokan
lol hey biggie, I think that pretty much all the Jin combos have been found, if I have a chance I'll probably work on something else like perhaps Dragunov (if DR even gets released on console lol) or maybe even a combo video with several characters in it. There isn't a gold mine of combos like there was in T4, the physics of this game allows heaps of combos without wall, but pretty much everything's been found and the wall system of T4 allowed a crap load of possibilities, so that's why I came up with heaps for Jin. In all honestly I've finished school and I've got way more free time, I'll see what combos I can think of, doubt there'll be heaps though.

shotokan oldddschool sup

-quickrollback after certain knd moves is still in.
-f+grabs 100% track, also interrupt alot of moves
-some techtraps still work
-1+2 grab escapes have proper animations now
-dash jabs are harder
Signature Electric What The F#@%
You've gotta risk it to get the biscuit
Shotokan
#Unity
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
lol thanks t4jin, we have DR here all ready, I've seen a few changes to DR system changes that directly affect Jin and Devil Jin's juggle game. More in-depth stuff later.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
SWBeta
Master
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shotokan
Hey Castel, is it possible to change all the character icons in the "tekken 5 character strategy & combos" page to those that specifically match with the name? They're all Jin right now and it's confusing, or did you have a reason for changing them?

DR is the most current Tekken game, so the char strat and combos page has their respective char icons. Older/outdated games have the specific icons removed and replaced with Jin icons. It's been like this for a while.
Signature In reference to the Brian H vs USMCOgre money match at NORCAL STRONGSTYLE: MONEY, POWER, RESPECT...
MarkMan: H WINS FIRST GAME
MarkMan: alexman says that nigga is deathfisting whiffed breathing
This customization setup will be mine soon. Watch out, Barry!
combot-killer
Former staff member
PSN: X-Flame
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
we need an AK smilie A

-peace-
Signature Originally posted by USMCOgre
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.

USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
General strat seems like it should be an important forum but it never seems to get much traffic :/ It's a shame
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
SWBeta
Master
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by USMCOgre
General strat seems like it should be an important forum but it never seems to get much traffic :/ It's a shame

Too many people don't want to learn the basics and finer aspects of the game first. They just want to learn the biggest/flashiest combos for their characters. =/

-Beta
Signature In reference to the Brian H vs USMCOgre money match at NORCAL STRONGSTYLE: MONEY, POWER, RESPECT...
MarkMan: H WINS FIRST GAME
MarkMan: alexman says that nigga is deathfisting whiffed breathing
This customization setup will be mine soon. Watch out, Barry!
combot-killer
Former staff member
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by USMCOgre

I actually love general strat but there's no DR here at all (read: not in the entire netherlands)

-peace-
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.

KNICKS
Iron Fist God
PSN: Grims__
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
.....did'nt know peaople played at the netherlands
combot-killer
Former staff member
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
well now you do, I heared we actually got a good player here, called Vader. from what I hear he's the best Tekken player here.

-peace-

ethanpuah
Raijin
PSN: ?\(?_o)/? i duno.
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
how come malaysia still havent got it's DR arcade yet? i can't wait to try my hands on lili... superb chick!
Signature ?\(?_o)/? i duno. lol.
toml
take off f HEAPS
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Ask ur local arcade instead of asking here dude.
Signature Yea, right...
Get ready for the next battle
RAMMETAL
Kyu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by toml
Ask ur local arcade instead of asking here dude.

ohhh seee
Tackle-Me-Elmo
Kyu
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
is it me or this forum seems abit dead ?
Signature I Want elmo dead.
*Shrugs*
toml
take off f HEAPS
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Its not dead or its because of you, its because of people just 'read more, post less'