Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Stringer
nothing to lose
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
we lost 1+2 into d+4,3,3_d+3,3,n+3
we might still have it, just that 1+2 don't knock down no more
from the looks of it d+4,3,3,3~f's new look looks as if we get the last kick to go out before the FLA, that's just what it looks like

I like Baek's new animations, not too bad

so we got some workin' around to do

DbLoCk StRiNg

Last edited by Stringer on Nov 9th, 2005 at 18:52

zenith
Shihan
PSN: Zennith
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
For those who haven?t seen Baek in DR here is a vid

http://rapidshare.de/files/7413080/..._Large.wmv.html

You can see the new animations and some changes made to baek old moves but no new moves are in this vid.

From what I have seen 1+2 might still knock down on CH if we are lucky.

from the looks of it d+4,3,3,3~f's new look looks as if we get the last kick to go out before the FLA, that's just what it looks like

you can see what Stringer is talking about in the vid. Personally it looked like the first time +4,3,3,3~f was used Baek held the kick in like normal but the second time he did the last kick then went to flamingo. Maybe we can go to flamingo before or after the last kick? that?s just what I think, look at the vid and judge for yourself.

as for the new animations I like them, makes it look like Baek is putting power into his kicks instead of just put them in the air like before.
Stringer
nothing to lose
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zenith
From what I have seen 1+2 might still knock down on CH if we are lucky.

yea, I was gon' say that...
u said it anyway so that's good

the new properties of 1+2 u ask me:

+ it forces u to come up w/ better follow-ups than just d+4,3,3,3 into d+3,3,n+3 or d+3,3,n+3 by itself. u get some advantage off it now ur forced to do mix-ups off it. tell the truth I'm glad that it don't knock down anymore because it makes u improvise alot more and as is Baek is the biggest improv character in Tekken so that just adds on to it.... not just ANY Baek player is gon' sit back and rely on 1+2 to do it all, now u gotta explore - I say that's a good thing, and if it does the typical knockdown on CH then u know what to do

- no more free d+4,3,3 or d+3,3,n+3 off regular hit (maybe off CH tho')

the only new move we've heard about is d/b+2
wonder what other new shit he got...

DbLoCk StRiNg
Orichalcon
Expert
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Stringer
yea, I was gon' say that...
u said it anyway so that's good

the new properties of 1+2 u ask me:

+ it forces u to come up w/ better follow-ups than just d+4,3,3,3 into d+3,3,n+3 or d+3,3,n+3 by itself. u get some advantage off it now ur forced to do mix-ups off it. tell the truth I'm glad that it don't knock down anymore because it makes u improvise alot more and as is Baek is the biggest improv character in Tekken so that just adds on to it.... not just ANY Baek player is gon' sit back and rely on 1+2 to do it all, now u gotta explore - I say that's a good thing, and if it does the typical knockdown on CH then u know what to do

- no more free d+4,3,3 or d+3,3,n+3 off regular hit (maybe off CH tho')

the only new move we've heard about is d/b+2
wonder what other new shit he got...

DbLoCk StRiNg

i wonder if the 4 is still guaranteed on hit, i can't say i'm happy about this, i didnt rely on 1+2 a whole lot, but it was a nice move to have, maybe now it will be better on block, or track or something
Signature "When the dragons grow too mighty
To slay with pen or sword
I grow weary of the battle
And the storm I walk toward"
zenith
Shihan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
As for new moves has any one managed to get the Baek new move vid from the maxi ftp? I have been trying for ages but keep getting timed out.
Anyway b+3 looks to covers the same distance as in 5, good stuff if I does I heard it got reduced in 5.1.
I would like to see some of the less used moves changed like heavy wave wr+3+4, change of animation and properties so you can actually use it.
On a side note Baeks new CG at the vs screen is bad ass.
MaStaCHi
Expert
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I downloaded this movie. There is a fight: Baek vs Craig. Only new move you can see is db+2. It looks like Feng second hit of db+1+2,2.
zenith
Shihan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks MaStaChi, at least i have an idea of what the move looks like.
noobkken
Iron Fist God
PSN: Launch+
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm favouring the new 1+2 also. No reason how 1+2,4 won't be a natural combo, 1+2 looked like it gave heaps of advantage. Who knows, it just might act like kaz's f+4 on crouching as well.

Definitely makes for more options than the current version, so i'm all for it.

As everyone else has said, new animations look hella tight. Even his standing 4 has been touched up considerably. On cosmetics alone, baek is surely top tier now lol.
Signature < LCD- > | < TKSG > | < Launch+ > | (Lounge+
Ryo Yamazaki
Champion
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I know I'm going to buck the trend here, but I don't like the fact that 1+2 doesn't knock down. As if it was a crazy-super-broken move that just had to be changed. It's jab punishable for god's sakes.

Luckily as it's still beta there still time for it to be changed.

As for his new animations, they look kind of retarded (except his standing 4). The snake kicks in particular look really, really stupid. Taekwondo fighters don't kick like that in real life from what I seen of them.
Signature The true science of martial arts means practicing them in a way that they will be useful at any time and to teach them in such a way that they will be useful in all things -
Miyamoto Musashi
Orichalcon
Expert
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ryo Yamazaki
I know I'm going to buck the trend here, but I don't like the fact that 1+2 doesn't knock down. As if it was a crazy-super-broken move that just had to be changed. It's jab punishable for god's sakes.

Luckily as it's still beta there still time for it to be changed.

As for his new animations, they look kind of retarded (except his standing 4). The snake kicks in particular look really, really stupid. Taekwondo fighters don't kick like that in real life from what I seen of them.

they do from what i have seen, the power from most kicks comes from the snap at the knee, which is exactly what the new animations do, the old animations just made his leg float out there, i think the new ones look great and look far more realistic

but i agreed with you about the 1+2, i'm not too bent out of shape though because i'm sure the 4 will be guaranteed afterward, and maybe they'll improve it on block or tracking or something

Last edited by Orichalcon on Nov 14th, 2005 at 23:54

zenith
Shihan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I?m not sure about 1+2? need to get more information about other changers made to it before I pass judgment on this change being good or bad.

they do from what i have seen, the power from most kicks comes from the snap at the knee, which is exactly what the new animations do, the old animations just made his leg float out there, i think the new ones look great and look far more realistic

A lot of power comes from putting your hip into the kick, you can see Baek doing this as well, especially in his side kick. That being said the only thing wrong with the animations is that snake kicks look... wrong. But the rest of the new animations look fine so I?m happy.
Marduck
5th Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
some info from tekkencentral. im just translating

Forget about "octopus baek" it's more like "duck baek" with all his head-bobbing animations

df+4,4 - much longer reach. taekwonbaek says it has the same reach of "wave alba" . the new df+4 by itself is good too

new move db+1 is very good. short reach. hits grounded. knockdown on hit for baekrush follwoup. can be done from fla. pushes back on block but can get hit by 1,2 in some circumstances (?) . on the other hand, supposedly easy to just roll back against this move

1+2 doesnt knock down as you all know, but the 4 is guaranteed after a 1+2, and knocks down (face down, head towards you) .

baek rush is overall better. for instance, opponent is forced to block second and third hits if he blocks(or gets hit by) the first hit. can't interrupt it inbetween. tracks better.

no upper after b+1+2 still

snake to the back does NOT float. snake is much faster though

new animations for most everything. try fla,3,4,4,3

f+rp,lp,rp new combo. mid, high , high. third hit crumples on counter. can delay

db+lk, lk . low kick into a high kick. if the first hit connects then the second hit is guaranteed but the second kick has very long recovery time

Overall, ppl on tekkencentral baek forum feel that Baek is a bit stronger than 5.1
MaStaCHi
Expert
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks Marduck for info
zenith
Shihan
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the info Marduck. I always liked ss people and doing snake kick to the back, looks I will have to do something different now
Any news on new Baek customizations? Everyone is suppose to have a third costume Baek will probable just get his old vest and jeans back but I?m hopeing for a new army costume.
Machinez
Iron Fist God
PSN: Machinez_BT
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
hmm interesting.....from this new stuff i would say he is stronger. can the new db+3,3 be done from fla i wonder? Also baek needed a ground hitting move.
Signature Member of the BigTymer crew
Baek Doo San: Stylin' By Machinez
Axe Kazama
Iron Fist God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
whoever said Baek's new animation looks more of an octopus is retarded, the changes are very subtle
and is d/f+2 launch taken off? or does Steve's d/b+4,2 give crouching status, because he did d/f+2 and it lifted his feet up
DcgbTekkenstyle
Master
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
GOT SOME BEAK INFO FOR YOU GUYS

-D+2 a mid hitting chop that knocks down also hits grounded you can get d+3,3,3

-F+2,1,2 new punch string m.h.h(I think) the last two hits can be delayed, if the 1st connects the 2nd will also and it all goes through on CH

Both of these can be done form Fla

Last edited by DcgbTekkenstyle on Nov 17th, 2005 at 01:07

Signature A premature apology is not a sincere apology
Orichalcon
Expert
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
it looks like baek is getting some good punches
Billy Crandal
Master
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for all the information, sounds real hot. Anyone want to explain in more detail why d+3,3,3 looks stupid now? How have they changed it?
Signature and try not to bleed on my couch I've just had it steam-cleaned
Orichalcon
Expert
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Billy Crandal
Thanks for all the information, sounds real hot. Anyone want to explain in more detail why d+3,3,3 looks stupid now? How have they changed it?

to me its just the last kick, d+3,3,d+3 looks fine, but d+3,3,3 the last kick his leg goes way up in the air, i dunno it just looks weird

just my personal opinion of course....