Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
QDogg
Manji Foot Soldier
PSN: Qunimitsu
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by noodalls

"Welcome to the world of old school Tekken Capoeira..." - I want my rewinder back.

I do too. I'm sure there's a few other players who'd agree too!
Signature "Live, love, laugh, enjoy life."
Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins
1960-2006

Grim Walker
... wtf ...
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
End your juggles with b+3,3 instead and follow up with f+3+4 on the wall. At the moment it works really well and its very reliable.

Christie:

d/f+2, d/f+1,1, d/f+1,1, f,f, b+3~3 (W!) f+3+4, b+3+4 ( obviously no b+3+4 in 5.1 )
Signature GW - I'm not scary. Just miss informed.
ninjaz
Iron Fist God
PSN: ninjaz_nyc
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
If 1:3~4 was more reliable in execution, I think we would see a lot more of it. They should have brought back uf+3~d+3 as well.
nickelodeon
1st Dan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
i dont like what they did to d/f+1,1
she already has pretty bad jab pokes.

beside d/f+1,1 was very easy to beat already
Mr. KuLa
Iron Fist God
PSN: mrkula
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I was trying to hit b+4,4,3+4 after wall splat yesterday, but didn't get satisfying results.. I don't think the guy I was playing is teching -__-"

oh about df+1,1 it's not that bad after you see Nina's df+1,2..

noodalls b+2 (opp back facing wall), b+3+4 stuff still works and b+2 dash to qcf+3 still can juggle opp on their back.

the rest of the tech cath is gone, instead of people blocking your tech catch it whiffs, which is worse.

but the rlxc 3+4 tech catch though it didn't hit anymore still a good followup to get close to your opp i think..

I'm gonna hit the arcade again today, dunno what to test though -__-"
Signature y u no broken?
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I appreciate you typing up the changes you've found. If you get the chance to test

- What is the b+4 on side/back knockdown like. I'm guess it knocks them well away, but if it keeps them close, it might be interesting.

- d/f+1~1 Do juggles involving this move feel more difficult? How do wall juggles go? Can you still do (W!) d/f+1~1 and at least have the b+3+4 be guarded to force mixups?

- I'd be 99% certain that they wouldn't leave HSP f+1~3:4 in, but it might pay to check.
Mr. KuLa
Iron Fist God
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll be leaving in about 2 hours, so if anybody needs something to be tested can post up here before I leave.. asap

anyway, about df+1,1 (W!) b+3+4.. yes I've had my opp blocked it yesterday, not bad.. I thought it would whiff..

about the jf, I'll try if I had the time.. since I'm not used to sticks so it may take some time -__-"

anyway I can only test Christie, since I havent bought Eddy.

Last edited by Mr. KuLa on Jul 30th, 2005 at 05:44

Signature y u no broken?
Innovator
Champion
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr. KuLa
I was trying to hit b+4,4,3+4 after wall splat yesterday, but didn't get satisfying results.. I don't think the guy I was playing is teching -__-"

oh about df+1,1 it's not that bad after you see Nina's df+1,2..

noodalls b+2 (opp back facing wall), b+3+4 stuff still works and b+2 dash to qcf+3 still can juggle opp on their back.

the rest of the tech cath is gone, instead of people blocking your tech catch it whiffs, which is worse.

That kind of stuff isn't tech catches. Moves like B+2 which knock your opponent head towards face up makes your opponent get up backwards. Tech catches hit tech rolls (mashing P or K when your landing). Anyway, that's great that still works.
Signature "May your luster never dull, and wires never cross."
-Optimus Prime
THB
Raijin
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
mr kula or ne1 else who has 5.1, there's a few things i'd like to know...
- like noodalls asked before, im really curious about the new b+4 since i havent even seen it used in vids.... whats the knockdown like and did they give back any of the inherent ss the move used to have?
- did ss+2 get back more of inherent ss it used to have

i'm assuming she still can't sidewalk so i'm hoping something was done to these moves....
Grim Walker
... wtf ...
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Hrm b+4 was a bit wierd. It didn't feel different in any way to excecute. But I didn't get to land it against the PARRY WHORING LAW WHORE DRAGON STANCE WANKER WHATEVER BS NO CHICKEN BS BS BS player I was playing against ... so I'll test it out when I next get a chance.

Throw buffering of d/f+1,1 sucks now. Bigtime. d/f+1,1, qcf+1+2 was a great setup for me and now its gone, ahh, don't do d/f+1,1 d/f+1,1 it doesn't work so well now. You'll get eaten alive. She feels really .. ahh .. like she just grew older. And lost some of her movement. Everything feels in place except the obvious other than the stated, even d/b+1+2 feels a bit wierd but usable.
Signature GW - I'm not scary. Just miss informed.
Mr. KuLa
Iron Fist God
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Innovator
That kind of stuff isn't tech catches. Moves like B+2 which knock your opponent head towards face up makes your opponent get up backwards. Tech catches hit tech rolls (mashing P or K when your landing). Anyway, that's great that still works.

I considered them tech catches coz ff qcf+3 after b+2 will hit and juggles only if they tech (pressing P or K or do the quick getup in this case).. but dunno..

anyway the normal tech catches either whiff or blocked, I can't land it at all.. though ganryu's tech catches still work like once in 10 attempts. Which means tech catches aren't gone, probably the window to input is just really really small..

about b+4 if you hit from the front it wont knockdown. It will only knockdown if you ssr and kinda hit them from the side, tho it's still their front. The knock down is the spinning type knock down if I remember correctly..
from side and back b+4 knockdown but I havent got the chance to test any guaranteed followups (Though I don't think it's possible since b+4 knocks them quite far), on ch still give the same stun.

lol THB, i totally forgot to use SS+2..

df+1,1 on juggles pretty much the same imo, and df+1,1 (on hit) to rodeo is still okay..

and for some weird reason I feel b+2 evades more stuff......

oh and Feng's b+1+2 still whiff on her RLX, so I'm guessing they didn't change her RLX properties..?

I'll test again on monday, $1 = 10 games
Signature y u no broken?
PlyrzSpawn
Virtuoso
PSN: MiguelZaibatsu
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
what happens when you do the d/f+1,1 buffer does it whiff?
Signature Eddy-Vindicator
753W-193L 79.5%
THB
Raijin
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Grim Walker
Throw buffering of d/f+1,1 sucks now. Bigtime. d/f+1,1, qcf+1+2 was a great setup for me and now its gone, ahh, don't do d/f+1,1 d/f+1,1 it doesn't work so well now. You'll get eaten alive.

if the old df+1,1 was 0 on block and +8 on hit, since the new df+1,1 is -4 on block maybe it's now +4 on hit? in that case 8 framers could interrupt df+1,1 df+1,1... not sure how easy it would be for you guys to test it if everyone's playing to win or whatever atm, but it would be good to know. there'd be almost no reason to use df+1,1 over df+2 if all she gets is +4....

mr kula, not exactly sure what knockdown it is you're talking about for b+4 on the side... are there any other moves in the game that give the same type of knockdown? and try to get back on ss+2 if you can... thanks
Innovator
Champion
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr. KuLa
I considered them tech catches coz ff qcf+3 after b+2 will hit and juggles only if they tech (pressing P or K or do the quick getup in this case).. but dunno.

How is that a tech roll catch if you can't even tech roll up after being hit by B+2?
Signature "May your luster never dull, and wires never cross."
-Optimus Prime
Mr. KuLa
Iron Fist God
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
THB: I'll look into it again, about the knockdown I'll check again coz now I'm confused between the spinning knockdown like nina's ss+1+2 or like the new Law's b+1,2,1..

Innovator: looks like we got a different term on tech catches, my bad.. well ppl understand what I mean
Signature y u no broken?
SilverHairKuma
Champion
PSN: honrir
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Can anyone comfirm does this combo still work on 5.1 (since the property changed)

D/F+3+4, d/f 1,2, d/f 1,2, 1244??

Basically just wanted to know can d/f 1,2 can be used twice in any of the combos like in 5.0

Thanks.
Signature Which Art is closest to GOD?? Its Music, you cant see it, you cant touch it, but u can feel it..
On another note:
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...Baffle them with bullsh*t!!!
Sirap
Shihan
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Losing tech catches doesn't mean we lose backroll catches, right? I suppose it's still possible to pick up backrollers with qcf+3?
SleeperNoob
Fujin
XBL: SleeperNoob
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Ah Damn...I forgot we had to buy Eddy....screw that.

Anyways, I don't see people backrolling anymore. What's the point of backrolling when you can tech and block....especially against Eddy/Christie who have shitty lows.

*scared to see u+3 damage* =( How is it?

Is b+2 still safe?

Last edited by SleeperNoob on Aug 2nd, 2005 at 15:28

noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Just a thought I had (thanks to TT of AP for putting me onto this.) With tech-catches using f,f+3+4 in 5.0, I was wondering if this might make a decent lure in 5.1. f,f+3+4 is a big move, and they might think that it recovers slowly, but in actual fact it recovers at just -2. Against opponents who try to attack after f,f+3+4 with anything slower than i13, you could CH hunt with b+3~3 to juggle them.

Also, I assume that when they tech-roll and they stand to block f,f+3+4 and it doesn't whiff, if this is the case does it hit late (meaty attack style)? If so, you could be at a situation a lot better than -2 (possibly even + frames) and so your b+3~3 attempt could be interruptible by fewer other moves.

Can someone with Eddy test if (d/f+1~1)x3 still works in juggles. This would give us an idea if its ability in juggles has been affected (you can do this with Christie in some situations, but I forget the setups.)
Sirap
Shihan
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Finally managed to get my hands on 5.1 today.

Christie feels pretty much the same as she was in 5.0. Here's what I've noticed:

- b+4 still does shock stun on CH. Did this over and over against CPU. I thought this move is supposed to knockback now? Dunno about d/b+3,4 infinite circle kick version of b+4 though.

- d/b+1+2 is definitely still usable.

- b+2 feels the same. b+2, run up and qcf+3 still works. Don't know if it's still safe though. I've never used it for poking, never thought of it, in fact. I only know to use it to avoid linear strings.

Sorry if I got any of the above wrong. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with Christie in 5.1.

If anyone's got testing requests for me, sorry I can't handle them. I'm going back to my hometown this weekend, and the next time I have the chance to play again is next weekend.