noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
T5.1

Christie
d/f+1~1 recovery increased. -4
b+4 knocks down and can't tech-roll on side/back hit
1:3~4 gone
d/b+1+2 crouch status gone, recovery increased.

And most importantly of all, apparently tech-catches are all blockable now.

This is from Arcadia magazine.

The b+4 things seems like an improvement, but I'm guessing that d/b+3,N,4 strings are limited to one repetition now. So a weakening then. Four weakenings.
Sol.Eternal Pan
Iron Fist God
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by noodalls
T5.1

Christie

The b+4 things seems like an improvement, but I'm guessing that d/b+3,N,4 strings are limited to one repetition now. So a weakening then. Four weakenings.
are you trying to scare me man? the d/b+1+2 crouch status is gone?recovery increased! then what the fuck is the point in using the move anymore. How can tech catches be blockable?Do you have anymore info man I'm gonna cry.
Signature The difference between a 12" cock and an onion? Nothing, they both bring tears to your eyes- Rodney Rude
noodalls
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Check general thread. This is all that's available for Christie. The tech-catch thing is for all characters. Seems like they weakened most characters. I hope there are some new moves to play with, but nothing has been mentioned yet.
PlyrzSpawn
Virtuoso
PSN: MiguelZaibatsu
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
why increase the opponents recovery for d/f+1,1 she hardly has any fucking safe moves!

who the fuck uses b+4? everytime I use it I get punished
Signature Eddy-Vindicator
753W-193L 79.5%
SleeperNoob
Fujin
XBL: SleeperNoob
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
WTF?! I knew that a stupid patch like this would come out. I'm glad I quit because my Eddy was revolved around tech catch set ups. =(

df+1,1 - if it is -4 in recovery does that mean that you end up in -0 on hit? Trash Namco Testers...

db+1+2 nerf I agree on. That move is deadly if used right. At least now you can't spam it all the time.
Innovator
Champion
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SleeperNoob
WTF?! I knew that a stupid patch like this would come out. I'm glad I quit because my Eddy was revolved around tech catch set ups. =(

df+1,1 - if it is -4 in recovery does that mean that you end up in -0 on hit? Trash Namco Testers...

db+1+2 nerf I agree on. That move is deadly if used right. At least now you can't spam it all the time.

The ducking part I could understand but the recovery time? If she didn't lean back out of the hit coming at her then she probably should've got raped before she brought her hands back down. The trick to killing that move is a rushing foward mid. This is why Paul is one of Christie's harder matches. Or if you think it's coming just run up on her and then hit with something quick. It's good but you can't base your whole game around it. What's the point of toning this down when there's still shit like bashdash EWGF in the game?
Signature "May your luster never dull, and wires never cross."
-Optimus Prime
#1 P.I.M.P.
Champion
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Innovator
The ducking part I could understand but the recovery time? If she didn't lean back out of the hit coming at her then she probably should've got raped before she brought her hands back down. The trick to killing that move is a rushing foward mid. This is why Paul is one of Christie's harder matches. Or if you think it's coming just run up on her and then hit with something quick. It's good but you can't base your whole game around it. What's the point of toning this down when there's still shit like bashdash EWGF in the game?
Exactly, I think christe's a powerhouse as it is and its cool cause she's eddy too. I haven't faught eddy mashers in this game but probably resoning behind some of the toneing down is mashers tho I think theyd get creamed as they always do.
Signature Formerly Known as 'Bryan Master'

Tournament Team TTT2:
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
i don't really mind the changes... df+1,1 being -4 on block is fine. it can still be used for setups.
db+1+2 i only use when expecting something specific like a throw or feng's b+1 so i didn't use it much anyway. as long as it still evades certain crap it's fine.
b+4 change seems good. another setup move.
but the removal of tech traps? not cool at all...
and why can't she punish worth shit from ws yet :/
QDogg
Manji Foot Soldier
PSN: Qunimitsu
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by noodalls
T5.1

Christie

I don't think these changes are all that bad.

1. df+1~1 - you can't spam it anymore. Not a big thing, at least she still has a mid poke.

2. b+4 knocks down-nobody uses it (I know Slips was big on using it in TTT but I don't know now). If anything, with new properties, it forces us to find new ways to use it.

3. 1:3~4 - did anybody use this on purpose? Didn't think so, next move...

4. db+1+2 - okay, so it can't be spammed. Again, what's so bad about that? It can still be used to negate canned strings from opponents.

I think the real question is if b+2 got changed...

I don't think there's anything to cry about based on what we know at this time.
Signature "Live, love, laugh, enjoy life."
Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins
1960-2006

EASTERNBORDER
Iron Fist God
PSN: Easternborder
XBL: Easternborder
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
What kind of b+4 knockdown is it? is it the spinning knockdown?
Signature "If you want to live, you gotta die trying."
boxbrosg
Iron Fist God
PSN: boxbrosg
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
This list wouldnt bother me much if it wasnt for the fact that all tech catches are blockable now!!! WTF is up with that. That kills almost all of my setup games that i have fun with. There are so many less mind games if all you can do is the cookie cutter combo then just let them get up anyway they want too with no danger. Why did they patch that. How hard is it for people to learn not to tech all the damn time. Next thing you they will take away 2 button throw breaks.
Signature
QDogg
Manji Foot Soldier
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by boxbrosg
This list wouldnt bother me much if it wasnt for the fact that all tech catches are blockable now!!! WTF is up with that. That kills almost all of my setup games that i have fun with. There are so many less mind games if all you can do is the cookie cutter combo then just let them get up anyway they want too with no danger. Why did they patch that. How hard is it for people to learn not to tech all the damn time. Next thing you they will take away 2 button throw breaks.

Welcome to the world of old school Tekken Capoeira...
1960-2006

ZenithGriffect
Champion
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by boxbrosg

I think the point is that if your game revolves only around tech catches then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong... Adopt now.
SleeperNoob
Fujin
XBL: SleeperNoob
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ZenithGriffect
I think the point is that if your game revolves only around tech catches then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong... Adopt now.

There's nothing wrong with that. If anything it helps your character compete with the high tiers. They have their top tier BS and you got your unfamiliar tech catches. I think it's even game. And if it wasn't for tech catches Roger/Ganny would be trash.
boxbrosg
Iron Fist God
PSN: boxbrosg
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ZenithGriffect

I did say all the setups that i have fun with...key word is fun. Yeah if im just going for a win the amount of tech catches i use is greatly reduced. I will u/f+4, d/f+2 and throw mixup all day if im trying to win but sometimes i like to be flashy and have some fun at the game.
Signature
GK2000!
luvs azn boys
PSN: GK2000
XBL: GK2000
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I wonder if they changed the d/f+3+4~D...into at least something usefull
gingaa
1st Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
i began to play tekken series starting with tekken3 and since then i play with eddy gordo and now my friends wont play against me when i use eddy i have to choose another character to make them play me .
they say its all the time on the floor and dodging
i like eddy most of all the characters in tekken, maybe if eddy didnt exist in tekken i wouldnt play tekken(who knows).
Signature TEKKEN...
QDogg
Manji Foot Soldier
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
http://homepage.mac.com/kaz.kaz/iMovieTheater23.html

Eddy Vids for Tekken 5.1.

Quicktime format.

Check it out.
1960-2006

Slips
Iron Fist God
PSN: Slipkicks
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree I think the elimination of tech catches is dumb, his strong wake-ups made up for him having a crappy ws game and not having a unpunishable mid launcher.

But lets try to focus on the up-side...

b+4 seems to be breathing new life, not if this move was evasive as it was in TTT and T4 this move I think will be good again. Can't tech if it hits on the side of the opponent? That means b+4,4,3+4 will all connect if it hits them in that scenario. And who knows maybe there is other good stuff that they haven't found yet.

PEACE
Signature "You still don't know what you're dealing with, do you? A perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility?I admire its purity. A survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse or delusions of morality."

noodalls
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I always felt that Christie's wall game was one of the more unreliable in the game, and with the changes to both d/f+1~1 and b+3+4 I think this will be more so the case. What else are we meant to do? Is f+2,1,4 easy enough to slot in when you get a wall splat? I might have to start using it. It just seems frustrating that other characters maintain their wall damage, when christie who is poor at carrying to the wall and poor at doing wall damage gets a further tone down in both respects.

"Welcome to the world of old school Tekken Capoeira..." - I want my rewinder back.

Last edited by noodalls on Jul 14th, 2005 at 14:00