Champion
Legend
Sage
Warlord
Conquerer
Diety
Tekken Lord

...and this is how it works as compiled by WhiteDragon:

The basic points for each rank = 3 points.
If you fight someone who has the same rank as you, you get +1 for winning this match and -1 for losing this match.
If you fight someone who has one level lower or higher rank than you, you get +0.75 for winning this match and -0.75 for losing this match.
If you fight someone who has two levels lower/higher rank than you, you get +0.5 for winning this match and -0.5 for losing this match.
If you fight someone who has three levels lower/higher rank than you, you get +0.25 for winning this match and -0.25 for losing this match.
If you fight someone who has four or more levels lower/higher rank than you, you get 0 for winning/losing this match.

for example, if you are 4th dan now, after a match:
if your basic points =< 0 your'll be 3th dan.
if your basic points =>6 you'll be 5th dan.

In arcade, it is not possible to be promoted by the cpu past 1st Dan.

Last edited by HammerOfTheGods on Jun 27th, 2005 at 20:29

Signature Ching Chong Pai? ...Team HnI
DayFul
Mad axe man
PSN: DayFul
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Cool that saves a lot of trouble.
DrAgOnLorD
Lone Wolf
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
some how i think it differs from AC to console, and after reciving first dan on AC, the ranking changes, ezer and faster to get to first dan than after that it changes
Kamumu12
Berserker
PSN: emilgarcia24
XBL: EmilsAchilles
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Didn't Quite Get it..

xample: my rank is 2nd dan,then i challenged a 1st dan is it possible for me to be promoted to 3rd dan? thanx.
Signature &

Achi24
HammerOfTheGods
Iron Fist God
PSN: UNCLHTDGS
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kamumu12
Didn't Quite Get it..

xample: my rank is 2nd dan,then i challenged a 1st dan is it possible for me to be promoted to 3rd dan? thanx.
Yes, if there is a promotion chance that match, that means that the points are enough for a promotion.
Signature Ching Chong Pai? ...Team HnI
t4jin
Bring The Rape
PSN: nemesislike
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
i know this isnt helping but i randomly came across this in ps2 i was master and i got a promotion chance from a diety :S
Signature Electric What The F#@%
You've gotta risk it to get the biscuit
astral_heaven
Virtuoso
PSN: spaceboy2032
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
If you fight someone who has four or more levels lower/higher rank than you, you get 0 for winning/losing this match.

You mean if a 1st dan challenged and beat a Shian player, the 1st dan-ranked player doesn't get any points. Am I getting this right?
Signature The monster isnt the car.
Could it possibly be... the driver?? - Ryosuke Takahashi
Rob Gin
Iron Fist God
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
wtf i lost 2 matches than had a demotion risk next time i put the card in
Signature Long Island:

Where Gins Run Shit
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rob Gin
wtf i lost 2 matches than had a demotion risk next time i put the card in
It's very risky to fight someone you don't know and he has the same rank as you.
Signature The Dragon

The characters I play in T6 ===>
1st class:::: ---> only law
2nd class::: feng aking king Kazuya ---> just for fun
Rob Gin
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
In the point thing...after you get promoted does it start at 3 or 0.
Signature Long Island:

Where Gins Run Shit
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rob Gin
In the point thing...after you get promoted does it start at 3 or 0.
when you get promoted/demoted to a rank, you'll start at 3 points.
Signature The Dragon

Kamumu12
Berserker
PSN: emilgarcia24
XBL: EmilsAchilles
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
My Rank is 3rd Dan at this time,how many point do i need to be promoted to 4th Dan? and what rank should my opponent be?
Signature &

Achi24
Showking_M!
5th Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
My Rank is 3rd Dan at this time,how many point do i need to be promoted to 4th Dan? and what rank should my opponent be?

three 3rd dans (like me), four 2nd/4th dans, or six 1st/5th dans. go to g4 dude, i'll demote ur ass. just kidding (or not)
combot-killer
Former staff member
PSN: X-Flame
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
ok, here's another question: sunday (or whatever day of the week) I was with King, which was back then a Master. I fought a Paul, also Master for promotion chance. I lots as a couse of overcoinfedience, and I didn't get another promotion chance after 5more matches, I mean wtf!

-peace-
Signature Originally posted by USMCOgre
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.

Pulpol Phoenix
Virtuoso
PSN: Kenteng
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't really get it. I mean, to get your rank to climb more quickly you'd have to look for guys with the same rank as yours?

Shouldn't you get promoted more quickly if you play (and beat) higher-ranked players?
Signature F+1+2 B!
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Pulpol Phoenix
I don't really get it. I mean, to get your rank to climb more quickly you'd have to look for guys with the same rank as yours?

Shouldn't you get promoted more quickly if you play (and beat) higher-ranked players?
Well, you can try it on your PS2. I bet you'll spend 1-2 hours on the arcade mode and still don't see any sign of promotion chance. I remember I played law for 2 hours and his rank was still at 1st Dan. At that time I didn't know what's going on. I just believed that if I fight the higher rank, I'll get more points. when the three boxes appear in the screen I always choose the upper one. I was thinking WTF becuase I didn't lose any match in two hours. Later my friend told me the truth and I got promoted to 5th Dan just in a hour.

Last edited by WhiteDragon on Jul 8th, 2005 at 03:11

Signature The Dragon

Devil Jin Girl
Master
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I was playing with Hwoarang recently and my rank was 4th dan...but I lost like three times in a row to Christie I believe -- and afterwards, I noticed I went down a rank, to 3rd dan! I think she might have been a 5th dan. That's the only time I've gotten demoted so far. Boy did I feel like a panzy after that...

This is a really great thread by the way.
Signature : Jin, what's a penis?
: I'll tell you when your older...
X -- spread the love! ^_^

combot-killer
Former staff member
PSN: X-Flame
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Devil Jin Girl
I was playing with Hwoarang recently and my rank was 4th dan...but I lost like three times in a row to Christie I believe -- and afterwards, I noticed I went down a rank, to 3rd dan! I think she might have been a 5th dan. That's the only time I've gotten demoted so far. Boy did I feel like a panzy after that...

This is a really great thread by the way.

yeah, I had the same thing today. I was fighting a Nina with my Legend King and I lost and got demoted to Champion. I was like: wtf! so I played like a beast and I finally got my stats back.

-peace-
Signature Originally posted by USMCOgre
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.

Devil Jin Girl
Master
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
That's good to hear. At least you got your stats back. My Hwoarang is still at 2nd dan. It's my Devil Jin, Jin and Kazuya that seem to be climbing the ranks. Both of my Jin's are at 2nd dan right now.
Signature : Jin, what's a penis?
: I'll tell you when your older...
X -- spread the love! ^_^

VR-Fist
Arcade Nexus
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
My DevilJin is Tekken Lord, he's my main... My Hwoarang was demoted from Warlord, so I just quit and loaded memory card data -_- Now nearly Tekken Lord (2points).

This thread rulez, I translated it to Czech and posted on out Czech Tekken Forums along with a credit to WhiteDragon, thanks.
Signature VR-Fist 仮想拳 - twitter

Czech Arcade (twitter)
Czech Fighting Games Community