Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
The Real Don
Raijin
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
1.How to do ewgf: PRACTICE
- PAY ATTENTION: IT'S NOT EASY, ONE MUST PRACTICE, A LOT.
-The notation to do the move is f,N,d/f+2 or f,N,d~d/f+2.
-There is 2 frames after the d/f to hit the 2
-It may be good to think of doing this move as: f,n,d~2~d/f at first. It can help.

2.How do I know if i did an ewgf
-The easiest way to tell if u did the move correctly is that he will yell dorray on completion of the move.
-The next way to tell is that blueish lightning will cover his arm and part of his upper torso.
- On block it will send the opponent back a few steps while they are covered in lightning for a very short period of time.

3.Differences between wgf and ewgf
-other than the visual differences ewgf is safe on block and leaves u at a +5 frame advantage, whereas the wgf leaves u at a -10 frame dissadvantage.
-The time it takes to be able to attack from an ewgf attack is less than a wgf, thus making it a better choice in a combo.
-wgf also takes longer to input than ewgf due to the fact that u have to wait for more than 2 frames after the d/f. Although the moves come out at the same speed the input is longer.

4.How to wave dash/wewgf/wdewgf
-The notation for a wavedash is f,n,qcf~f,n,qcf
-The notation for a wewgf is f,n,qcf~f,n,d~d/f+2
-The notation for wdewgf is f,n,qcf~f~f,n,d~d/f+2
-To do an ewgf during a wd you will need to do the same thing press 2 with the d/f. It will feel like you are most likely pressing it early and before the dash starts, thats because u are because the dash itself contains d/f so u have to press it at that time otherwise it will come out as a wgf.

5.How to do a dash ewgf
-The notation for dewgf is f,f,N,d,d/f+2. This is mainly used at the end of combos to get one last hit in on the opponent.
-With the dewgf there can be a slight delay after the neutral before you hit d/f+2. For example this is good for combos like ewgf,1,1,1,1,1,dewgf where you would pause for a second and then do it, this adds a little extra length in which you dash.

6.How to do a while running ewgf
-f,n,f,f,n,d~d/f+2
-f,f,F,n,d~d/f+2

7.Situations where using either dewgf or wdewgf is better than ewgf
-Ok i will give examples of when a time to use certain ewgf's r good.
-Good to use dewgf. Ex. Marduk does a b+4 and u back dash it. That leaves Marduk at a major frame disadvantage, but u are too far away to throw out a normal ewgf, so it is neccesary to do a dewgf, this gives u a quick leap forward into an ewgf(this is also good to suprise ur oponents when u are at a distance).
-Good use of wewgf. Ex say your fighting steve, steve has been abusing his 1,2,1 which all hit high. Your wd is a crouching animation so therefor u do a wd and throw out a ewgf ducking under the 1,2,1 and getting a launcher on an otherwise perfectly safe move becuase it keeps you at a distance.

8.How to Light dash
-Same as wave except much faster. It will look quicker and almost like he is bobbing in place.

9.How to cancle a wavedash into a move
-To cancel the dash's you hit back. For example to do a twin pistons out of a wavedash u input f,n,d,d/f~b+1,2 the back cancles the dash and turns you into a surfacing character making it possible to do ws moves.
-You can also cancle into throws, for example you can do a stonehead out of wd, the input would be f,n,qcf,f+1+2. Note the f+1+2 must interupt the wd anywhere from the start of it to right before it ends for the grab to work. The initail wave dash acts as a f so only one is need to do this particular grab.
-cd ending in nuetral automatically adds a F to your input. f,n,d,d/f,n,f+1+2 should be stonehead grab.

10.Kazuya Combos

11.Kaz wall combos
-Kaz's has two wall combos that are worth your time!
1.They hit the wall and you are at a distance, dash f+4,d+4
2.You are close when they hit the wall, b+3,1,4,1
-If it is a high wall splat then u can get 1 or 2 1's off when they r high then do the wall combo of your choice.

12.Kazuya Punch Parry

13.Punishability of ewgf.
-Ewgf has one downside and that is that it is a move that hits high. This meaning it can be ducked under, though people usually dont do this often it happens and that puts u at i believe somewhere around a 15 frame disadvantage. That means u are wide open for an attack or even a juggle.

14.Punishability of wgf
-Unlike ewgf, wgf can be punished even on block so i suggest never to use this unless its a fluke.

Last but not least if you cant do these things ive listed then practice. If you have any questions not pertaining to the topic then pm me and i will do my best to answer and if its important i will put it in this post. At first ewgf will be hard to do but after a week or 2 of practice for about 20 min a day u will be doing it 9 out of 10 times.

Stick vs pad - Stick allows for fast input of directs and easier inputting of buttons. Pad=still good but is slower in inputs and to do certain moves you must position ur hands different than usual. When i play with a pad i use my thumb on the directional pad and pointer and middle on the buttons. I myself prefer stick for some characters and pad for others its just up to the player although i would say stick gives you more flexiblity and is overall better.

Last edited by MCP on Nov 19th, 2005 at 19:26

Signature In the hood they call me shizum gizumghar.
real gangsta's wear purple
JnKzm
Iron Fist God
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
also note that there is one extra variation with dewgf. it can be delayed. same wiht wewgf. delaying as in when you hit f,n, you can leave it in neutral for bout 1 second before doing d/f+2. so dash to your opponent, but dont do nothing, he'll be like what?! then he attacks, you just input d/f+2 and he's screwed. as for wewgf, you would cd~cd~cd~f,n.....d/f+2 they see you wavedash and you stop all of a sudden, they try to strike, bam! d/f+2 up he goes.
imo it's essential to know this cuz if ever you become predictable with ewgf they'll start ducking, with the delay, you could see them duck, yet still have that time to input the d/f+2, it allows you to be careful when doing ewgf. there were times when i had that 'ewgf disorder' abusing it in other words, i had to learn fast what other ways i could do to pull it off and that came to mind

realdon, you put wdewgf, wavedashing dashewgf, wd into a dashewgf, im thinking 'wdewgf' was a typo but it still has a meaning
wavedash ewgf = wewgf

the variations:
-ewgf [the basic]
-dewgf [adding f to the basic]
-wewgf [wavedashing into one]
-wdewgf [wavedashing into a dashing one]
-rewgf [while running]
-lewgf(?) [same as wewgf but hella faster]

remember yall, even if you mastered the ewgf, dont just go out and turn the game into 'watch how many i can do' ive been there, you'll get punished. we all gotta learn sometime, but i had experience, only use this when they whiff, intimidation, bait, spacing or when you trained them to block high and add pressure(preferrably the walls)

dont do it for your pleasure if youre playing to win. when i play for fun i throw atleast 20 of em before the match ends but when im playing to win id end up doing bout only 5-10. have patience with it

kazuya: f,n,d/f+2 kazuya's can also be executed like jin/deviljin's
jin/deviljin: f,n,d,d/f+2 just make sure you are not trying to do this like kazuyas or you'll be getting jin's upper or dj's d/f+2

Last edited by JnKzm on Jun 4th, 2005 at 06:55

Signature Just bringing out the devil in Jin

i own fort walton beach

omg!! am i gonna get banned?! why this long to do it? or shall i say finally? oh well, remember kids, it's not the end of the world
Darkadious<VdV>
hey guyyyyyyyyyyyyys
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Sticky asap.

Yeah, stick vs pad thing. It's all on personal preference, but I agree stick is probably better. I use pad, but probably because I never really played in the arcade until t5, and they had controll inputs =).
Signature Darkadious (9:00:13 pm): yeah roll on the floor laughing my ass off
AbsotIveLy JIVE (9:01:57 pm): yeah happy face haha
Darkadious (8:48:14 pm): yeah haha haha
Cynnik (6:35:98 pm): yeah haha haha shut up!
leizuya1
Dragon Lord
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Two things in TRD's post:

wd is f,qct,f,qct,f....
The 'f' after the qct starts the succeeding cd. The final f of qct only cancels the previous one.

2) When cancelling a cd, the correct notation is cd~b~n. In the case of tp do cd~b~n+1,2.
Also, the f,n,d,df counts as a'f', so when doing a stonehead, do f,n,d,df,f+1+2, otherwise cd,f,f+1+2 will count as f+1+2. I think this is different from ttt...

Otherwise, Don, you should edit this in if you want, and I say we keep all posts to a minimum, and get this locked and stickied.

Last edited by leizuya1 on Jun 4th, 2005 at 23:32

Signature Originally posted by hamstar
- Does Sexism really exist in America or are people just being ultrasensitive?

USMCOgre: It exists because men are better than women. True story.
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
There are a lot of different ways to do the cd~ws cancel. Find the way which is most comfortable.

Same with doing wewgf or wdewgf. Being able to do both is better, but only being able to do one reliably is better than nothing.

f,n,d,d/f,n automatically places a ~f into your input.
It's at least as fast, but usually faster, to do f,n,d,d/f,f instead because there is no way I can see a human being able to do a one frame neutral.

qct is not tekken zaibatsu notation, qcf or qcb is.

In TRD's post, just replace qct with qcf.

I will edit it more once finals are over.

Thanks TRD.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
gridman
5th Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
How come I do when I do DJ's and Jins EWGF like I do Kazyua's (f~n~[2]+df), I still get there EWGF.
Signature Full time AK
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by gridman
How come I do when I do DJ's and Jins EWGF like I do Kazyua's (f~n~[2]+df), I still get there EWGF.

DJ can't do f,n,d/f+2 for ewgf. He has to do f,n,d~d/f+2. It's just a well known fact.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Zewo
3rd Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post

Are you sure you're not pressing d? Because if your a pad user, it might be there.
JnKzm
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
try doing f,n,d/f+2 with dj, i guarantee u to get dj's d/f+2. if you get a duck jab instead it means you hit 2 alittle too late/or you never got the d/f part down

if you are getting ewgf with kaz and then executing the same way with dj, it's becuz you are doing f,n,d,d/f+2(kaz can be the same as dj's)

kaz has two ways to execute ewgf, mist step(f,n,d/f+2) and f,n,d,d/f+2. you'd rather do the mist step, but it doesnt really matter. just dont go trying 'mist step' with dj, it will not work

Last edited by JnKzm on Jun 12th, 2005 at 04:36

i own fort walton beach

omg!! am i gonna get banned?! why this long to do it? or shall i say finally? oh well, remember kids, it's not the end of the world
Mach-godfist
One Last Run
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
has Anyone TrieD EWGFx5 on bigs?????
Signature I am not impressed with your performance, and I look forward to seeing you in the near future. - Georges "Rush" St-Pierre
Guc11
Nonomori
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mach-godfist
has Anyone TrieD EWGFx5 on bigs?????

What do you mean?I can't to ewgfx5 on "bigs" but I can mention you two vids, where the players do 5xewgf in Marduk...
Signature [空中 遊戯 専門 学校] [KYSG]

Youtube channel

A true master is an eternal student
gridman
5th Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Zewo
Are you sure you're not pressing d? Because if your a pad user, it might be there.

Im almost 100% positive I'm not pressing down and I do use pad. By the way I'm not denying the fact that he has to hit down in his EWGF sequence, its just for me I guess it feels like im not hitting down.

Mach - Ive heard of 6xEWGFs on Marduk. He bounced off the wall for the 6th one.
Signature Full time AK
jagoo
Expert
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The Real Don
1.How to do ewgf: PRACTICE

-There is approximately 2 to 3 frames after the d/f to hit the 2

no sir. 2 frames after d/f is wgf already
kenryuakuma
Destroyer
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Not to mention of FRAME or whatever, I think Hei's EWGF is much easier than Kaz. But if you talk about frame, it is obviously that Kaz's is easier.
Signature I am a professional tekken player
Mythtical
Iron Fist God
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
GREAT POST Donny and Jn
Signature ChoBo <Launch+>

rapmanx1000
Warrior
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I find the f,n,DF+2 version much easier to do than the tradidtional CD way. I just can't seem to get the timing right using f,n,d,DF+2. Also onther advantage EWGF has over WGF is that is does 2 points more damage but only in T5. WGF=23 DMG and EWGF=25 DMG.
Signature
massacOre
6th Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
hey don, thanks. i had lots of trouble doing ewgf's until reading this thread. after reading the thread, i can ewgf 9 out of 10 times. fuck yeah! official favorite whiff punisher: ewgf.

anyway, about kaz's way of ewgfing, f,n,D/F+2. are you absolutely sure it can be done this way? sounds a little too-good-to-be-true there. well, i'm gonna test it in the mean time.
Signature
"My REAL strength is in my left hook, but i'm REALLY strong with my right hand."

-Manny Chong
rapmanx1000
Warrior
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by massacOre

anyway, about kaz's way of ewgfing, f,n,D/F+2. are you absolutely sure it can be done this way? sounds a little too-good-to-be-true there. well, i'm gonna test it in the mean time.

I'm Positive. I do it that way all the time. The best way to get it done is by doing f,n~2~D/F. Thats how I do it. Right now I can get 85% of the time. I'm still practicing.
Signature
JnKzm
Iron Fist God
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
anyway, about kaz's way of ewgfing, f,n,D/F+2. are you absolutely sure it can be done this way? sounds a little too-good-to-be-true there. well, i'm gonna test it in the mean time. [/QUOTE] doin it that is the best way to get 4.

first you do an ewgf, however you want to, then immediately do f,n,d/f+2, comes hella quick, getting opponent high enough to slap in a dewgf, then bam! one more dewgf

Last edited by JnKzm on Jun 14th, 2005 at 19:28

i own fort walton beach

KazMisMas
Berserker
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by gridman
Mach - Ive heard of 6xEWGFs on Marduk. He bounced off the wall for the 6th one.

I got some insane shit once:
CH cd+4:4, dewgf, dewgf, dewgf, dewgf, (w!) ewgf
Signature DORYA!
YEAH!!!
I'm gay...
C'mon...