CH d/f+2~EWGF or WGF Thread.

Page Splits 123>...5
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Koala
Harry Wang
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1930
From: United States
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows the exact notation for this connection. I hit d/f+2 quite frequently and my EWGF that follows only knocks them back. However, I have done it a couple of times, with both EWGF and WGF, but I was slightly off axis.

Is it done as fast as possible? Another way?

Thanks for all the answers guys.
ICSP
Virtuoso
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 206
From: USA California
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Quick question. Whats the best option assuming I cant nail the EWGF launch.

Would it be something like TGF, 3?
Signature ...
Koala
Harry Wang
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1930
From: United States
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
i think that works.

You could probably do 3,1 d/f+1, f+2

I do CD+4, b+2,4,1 just for looks.
ICSP
Virtuoso
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 206
From: USA California
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks.

In the last one you mentioned, does the hell sweep count as a juggle (as in he is considered juggled from being further in the stun) or is it just a run of the mill hell sweep (as in, being early in the stun and counts as if he was hit on hs feet.)

Or do you mean after a failed EWGF, as in it hit but didnt launch? Which would obviosly be a juggle.
Signature ...
lee4073
Iron Fist God
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1308
From: Austria
PSN: dg4073
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
If you don?t get the launch: 3~1,1,1,HStH
Or do you mean after a failed EWGF, as in it hit but didnt launch? Which would obviosly be a juggle.

If you faile the launch go with another EWGf, or with b+2,4,1
Koala
Harry Wang
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1930
From: United States
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
ICSP, The CD+4, I meant the cd+4 where kazuya does the tsunami kick. like d/f+4 animation, into b+2,4,1. Sorry about the confusion!

3,1, d/f+1, 2 hits them back on the ground. If they moves, Hellsweep~1. If not, d+4

BTE my Kazuya is teh suck!
kcxj
1st Dan
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 9
From: USA Connecticut
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi,

What version of the EWGF are you guys doing to get the launch after the counter hit df+2? Are you guys doing it out of the crouch dash or out of the Mist Step or does it not matter?

I'm getting d+2 a lot whenever I go for the EWGF after the df+2. Does the game not accept my any of my directional inputs while I'm still in the animation for the df+2? If so, this definately isn't a one frame link then (since f, n, d~df is impossible to do in one frame). Anybody have an idea how much of window I have to not mess up the launch? I've still yet to get the combo to work even once.
jagoo
Expert
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 134
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by kcxj
Hi,

What version of the EWGF are you guys doing to get the launch after the counter hit df+2? Are you guys doing it out of the crouch dash or out of the Mist Step or does it not matter?

I'm getting d+2 a lot whenever I go for the EWGF after the df+2. Does the game not accept my any of my directional inputs while I'm still in the animation for the df+2? If so, this definately isn't a one frame link then (since f, n, d~df is impossible to do in one frame). Anybody have an idea how much of window I have to not mess up the launch? I've still yet to get the combo to work even once.


as soon as its possible you have to do the fastest ewgf
i think you have 12 frames 1 frame after the d/f2 animation you have to do a 11 frame ewgf so timing is everything

but i am not sure if this is right or not

ps: you can not buffer an ewgf (test it this way: command capture on -> do a fast ewgf (so that you dont have to input this always) and now do d/f+2 and press select+x you will see if you press it to early it will be another d/f+2)
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 13160
From: Austria
PSN: Zakillah
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Quick question. Whats the best option assuming I cant nail the EWGF launch.


SSR~EWGF, b+2,4,1 (prolly best option)
3,1, 1,1, DEWGF
kcxj
1st Dan
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 9
From: USA Connecticut
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Has anybody figured out how to do this yet? I'm reading that it might not be about speed alone, but that you have to hit the EWGF on a certain frame during the opponent's crumple animation. So for all I know, I could be doing the EWGF too fast when I really need to be waiting a frame or two. (If I do need to hit the opponent on the earliest possible frame, then disregard my post.)

From the TTT tag frame data, it says EWGF hits on the 11th frame. Since EWGF can't be buffered apperently, f, n, then df+2 (3 inputs) would take up at least an additional 3 frames right? How much of a window do I have during the CH df+2 stun before the opponent becomes unlaunchable? Or do I need to wait that frame or two? (ie. can't do it too early, but can't do it too late either?)

I don't care if I mess this up in a real match. I want to be able to at least go for it and reap that big reward when I do pull it off. If anybody can break this down so I know I'm practicing correctly, that would be great.

Last edited by kcxj on Mar 25th, 2005 at 05:26

ICSP
Virtuoso
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 206
From: USA California
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by kcxj
Has anybody figured out how to do this yet? I'm reading that it might not be about speed alone, but that you have to hit the EWGF on a certain frame during the opponent's crumple animation. So for all I know, I could be doing the EWGF too fast when I really need to be waiting a frame or two. (If I do need to hit the opponent on the earliest possible frame, then disregard my post.)

From the TTT tag frame data, it says EWGF hits on the 11th frame. Since EWGF can't be buffered apperently, f, n, then df+2 (3 inputs) would take up at least an additional 3 frames right? How much of a window do I have during the CH df+2 stun before the opponent becomes unlaunchable? Or do I need to wait that frame or two? (ie. can't do it too early, but can't do it too late either?)

I don't care if I mess this up in a real match. I want to be able to at least go for it and reap that big reward when I do pull it off. If anybody can break this down so I know I'm practicing correctly, that would be great.
In TTT you had only one frame of error. In T5 you have like 2 or 3.

A tip i learned is to start the input for the move once you see Kazuyas right hand pass under his left arm. Then again, I cant do this move with any consistancy whatsoever, so dont ask me.
Signature ...
J-Kob's Fury
Expert
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 133
From: Czech Republic
PSN: OLD-J-KOB
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Afam
Buffer it.


Nah buffered electric doesn't work in T5 in Ch d/f+2 case...It has to be FAST electric afterwards...But usually I do d/f+2 CH SSL, DEWGF, b+2,4,1 ...best damage instead of EWGF launch after d/f+2 CH.
Signature Traditional Czech Cheap-shit Rulez over others ...
Madd_1
2nd Dan
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 14
From: Philippines
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, in inputting the commands for EWGF, it is crucial that after hitting f, you wait just a bit before pressing df+rp. try letting go of the controller after hitting f then pressing df+rp. works almost everytime for me. it also helps if you see kaz moving a bit before you hit df.
Ah0
Legend
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 532
From: Indonesia
PSN: EletricSRK
XBL: Aho 360
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Afam
i believe that was darkadious posting under my name.

a fast electric will work.

well, dunno why i fell unused w/ buffer.
exact timing 11 frame EWGF more suits me than the buffer one.

anyway, I do more constantly in P1 side then P2.
duh. -_-

also, It's new for me that u can also launch w/ WGF, LOL

thx.
Afam
:mad:
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 6187
From: USA California
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ah0
well, dunno why i fell unused w/ buffer.
exact timing 11 frame EWGF more suits me than the buffer one.

anyway, I do more constantly in P1 side then P2.
duh. -_-

also, It's new for me that u can also launch w/ WGF, LOL

thx.


i don't think a wgf will launch...
Signature
ICSP
Virtuoso
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 206
From: USA California
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Afam
i don't think a wgf will launch...
Yes it will, but then you will only have one frame window like TTT as opposed to approx. 3 frames.
Signature ...
Yu_Mingfei
Dragon Lord
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 862
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
it's (ch)df+2, f,n,df+2 with single frame inputs only (I call it PMSEWGF = Prefect Mist Step Electric Wind Godfist, because practicing it makes you bloated and cranky. Wait, I don't call it that).

You have no frames of slop and zero margin for error in T5, just as it was in T4 and TTT. Mist Step and Crouch dashes cannot be buffered.
Signature "You tell lies, too."
"Not I." The witch laughed; her laughter was clear and yet unpleasant. "I used to as a child, I confess. But I soon found the truth more disconcerting."

in ecstasy i mock the world
Balote
Expert
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 125
From: Philippines
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
ive been able to launch after CH df+2 with a non-electric mist step WGF
but only once

havent been able to do a CH df+2 DEWGF/EWGF/WGF launch yet its so freaking hard

am i suppose to do the JF mist step EWGF to get a launch after a CH df+2?
lee4073
Iron Fist God
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1308
From: Austria
PSN: dg4073
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Got it twice.
My friend has found his very old psone pad. He is able to perfom it almost 75% of the time with this pad, fucking cheater.......
lee4073
Iron Fist God
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1308
From: Austria
PSN: dg4073
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Is it possible that this thing might be a jf thing? Cause my friend videotaped it with hit analyse on and sometimes he did the launch after 2 frames had passed and somtimes no frame did pass but it didn?t launch, so wtf??

Last edited by lee4073 on Apr 19th, 2005 at 18:54

 All times are GMT. The time now is 04:54

Page Splits 123>...5
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump