Topic Closed

Page Splits <1234>...157
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Lazy B
Lone Wolf
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
ahem...it sucks that some of you guys didn't play yet...i'll answer questions for you guys til you get it then....i only play with hworang so it wont be to hard...

u/b + 4 is a move which makes him do a small back jump into a mid kick...its execution is way to slow to be used off as a counter attack but is a good keep away move...more questions?
new_blood
Iron Fist God
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Joshimitsu
Oh, what's this u/b+4 move...?

As I've used it I think it's similar to Yoshi's ub+4, which is a keep away move.

I haven't checked RFL (or RFS) df+4. Maybe I could check it later...
Lazy B
Lone Wolf
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
i checked every damned move...d/f+4 or 3, depending on which flam stance your in, works fine...makes em do that bouncing thing like before still as well...so you can do a d+3,4 or whatever you like...
new_blood
Iron Fist God
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by et2rustee

Also, just to reiterate, CH d+3,4,b+3 is not a true chain. They can block the b+3.

u/b+4 is totally abuseable. Now that 3xss has dimished usefulness -- alot of chars can just jab him outta the flamingo if he doesn't ss enough -- bob needs something to get outta range so he can space shit right. u/b+4 is exactly that, although it has a bit of recovery. hops back with a stunning mid kick.

Dude AFAIK in TTT CH d+3,4,b+3 (as long as you hit the opponent in jab up to the closest range) is guaranteed to juggle (correct me if I'm wrong). I've checked in T4 and it still does chain. Are you sure?
Lazy B
Lone Wolf
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
d+3,4 connects on CH but i believe b+3 didn't....i did it a couple times and they blocked the b+3...
et2rustee
Space Marine
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks Holden. Glad to see you sticking with our korean brother. The info u put is great. U can't tech after a sideways hit into the wall-- we tried multiple times over here. The movement is faster, better, more fluid, everything we needed for bob to be so effective.

Ok. After playing TK4 pretty much straight for 3 days (THANK U CATLORD!!!!), I have noticed the following things that are diffrent from tk3/ttt Hwoarang, aside from the noticable costume diffrences.

1,2,3_4 omg this revelutionizes bob. By far not his best move, it has exceptional uses, especially with his options from flamingo. I am a bit wary of people jabbing bob outta whatever option u go for -- but at the early part of the game, it really was a toss up -- the options just come out so fast. Also, to compete with jabs in close range, u can 1,2,3,3,4. Public Enemy never had a better use. Be wary of abusing Public Enemy -- the 4 no longer tracks as well. Whoever asked if 2,f+4 still is a true combo on CH -- it is. Also, CH d+3,4,b+3 DOES NOT STRING like it did in TTT. Also, with RFS b+3 you cannot juggle with f+4 anymore (Rats, i really liked f+4,2,f+3,4 juggle

CD+4 has great priority now. Now that you can also dance dance dance until the round starts, you can start the cd before the round begins, and when they round starts, pull it out is excellent. It is still punishable.

A move that changed considerably was RFF 4~f. Back in TK3 and TTT, it was quick, and the transition to flamingo yielded multiple options when it ch. No longer. RFF 4~f has slowed down considerably -- giving him a lag before he will hop into flamingo.

I do NOT like how he steps forward when u 3+4 in LFS or RFS. The entire idea is great, just a forwards step

2+4 throw into b+3 i've been doing alot. If they wake up, b+3 juggles for good damage. b+3 is a great move for bob. Also, in TTT if u 2+4'd and then f,f+4'd u'd be past them but close enough that if the rising 4ed, you may have to block it. Now, u can f,f+4 if they stay on the ground, and it will travel over them, if they flinch with wakeup, cd+4. Nice nice nice.

b+3 is a GREAT new move. Along with the simple fact that it juggles, it hits GROUNDED. Great to use vs Christie when she goes iRlx or whatever.

f+1+2 I don't know what to think of this move. Stun is nice, and punches that hit mid are cool, but. I'm at a loss.

d/b+4,4. Purely abuseable, and a great addition. Sure, people are going to duck this baby and ch u if u don't think. But it's great for oki and wakeups.

fdfa 3 float. ws+4,d/f+1,d+4,4 doesn't work, neither does a f+1,2,4 finisher. ws+4,d/f+1,dashin, d/b+4,4 = nice.

cd+4,f+4,2,dashin, d/b+4,4 -> wall tech anticipated, dashin 3+4,3~4

Don't forget b,u/b wall jump. Yah, if u whiff, ur hosed, but some chars can seriously play with it as a valid strat -- coaxing an attack to whiff, leaping over and getting u bt -- ling for example.

omg, cd+4,u/f+2 = SO GOOD

some body check and see if cd+4,3+4,3~4 is still in there? huhuhu check see if u can nail em into a wall huuuhuhuhuhuhuhu

Walls own.

et2rustee

PS : I changed my name because i got promoted. I'm in the US Navy, and the ET3 prefix is my job description. I got promoted to ET2, so naturally, the name change had to come too
Signature USS COLE MIA/KIA

YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED
Holden
Master
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
et2rustee-sorry I didn't say this in the last post, but thanks for the strats. It's good to see good strats from good people...good? Anyway, quick question; which one's your favorite outfit? I'm becoming quite partial to his military outfit, but don't want to abbandon his cool Punch outfit...hehe, anyway, on to strats.

CD+4, 3+4, 3~4 hits, and sends them flyin towards a wall. Watch out for ceilings cause they come shootin down fast. PPL can also hit the plane wing, takes me by suprise sometimes.

Also I forgot to mention the supremeness of his 4,4,4,4_3 string. The left kick trips now allowing d/b+4,4 to hit! I've gotten D+4 to hit, but can't think of anything to follow up. If you go mid as the last one, your at an advantage and in RFF. Namco also beefed up his cancels 4,4,F_4,4,B...there's others too....giving him at least enough advantage to block.

Punches VS Kicks.....use many CD+4's, d/f+3>4's, d/f+1+2...etc..he will sway from ANYTHING you do that's high. Keep your distance, and try to punish his big upercut. I haven't developed a GREAT anti-Steve yet..but I shall.

Also play around with the new walking ability....SS then walk, think of it as a 1.5 SS...buffer in your 4,4,4,4_3 string after you walk for a half a second..I found that useful VS steve.

More later cause I'm at work

Holden
Signature Colorado Fusion
Lazy B
Lone Wolf
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by et2rustee
f+1+2 I don't know what to think of this move. Stun is nice, and punches that hit mid are cool, but. I'm at a loss.

f+1+2 is good against agressive opponents...it comesout faster than you think and you can follow up with a b+3 in case that they decide to retaliate...most you guys failed to mention that hwo's triple side step has been toned down due to the new sidestep which imo is shorter then the previous ones (t3 ttt). this changes his style completely and brings it back to the old school t2 fighting mentality...
Holden
Master
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
**EDIT**

Id like to edit what I said earlier about the machine gun kicks(RFS-f+4_LFS=f+3) being a good move to punish duckers. They are both high ....well, instead use his RFS-4_LFS-3,3_RFS-d/f+4_LFS-d/f+3

Damn

Holden - still at work
Lazy B
Lone Wolf
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
lfl_rfl f+3_4 is good for aggressive people who keep coming in...do it a couple of times and if they decide to be smart and duck do lfl_rfl d/f+3_4 and juggle em off the bounce and show them that its not going to be an easy fight...or you can do a rfl 4 since on CH it stuns for a free juggle as well...
et2rustee
Space Marine
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice, nice, Holden. I'm so used to not using 4,4,4,3, that I didn't even bother to check and see if it was diffrent. This is a good thing, how Namco has changed all this stuff for us. 4,4,4,4 is viable, imho. As Bob players know all too well, it's not the character you are fighting against, it's about fighting the player himself. Fighting that players weaknesses and strengths.

When people hit ceilings -- Shinjuku, Plane(although it is usually a suprise), the hotel, i had been doing 3,3,3,4,3 or something. It'll pick em right back up again.

What u said about movement was great -- it's good to have a keen eye for such things. I was playing around with a 'sway' of my own for bob. Since his foot speed is quite good, unlike craig, kaz and paul, do u~d~u~d~u. If u did that in ttt, u'd get nailed outta ss's easy. But that kind of weaving is actually worth takeing another look at -- I was weaving in and out of jabs and the like. Something to take a look at.

Any character with good foot speed has this 'weave', Steve, Law, Bob, Ling. The ones with medium or slower foot speed do indeed have it, but they have slower ss's and it's not quite as effective. Just something to look at again. It is a GREAT answer for paul's 1,2, btw, since ss, flamingo stance is just suck now.

What do u think of rff f,f+4,3? or rff f,f+3 -- it comes out MUCH faster now. That gts could probably be taken advantage of with a b+3, maybe?

What are u doing vs close range fighters like Law and Paul. Also, have you been playing with any solid anti craig strats? Specifically his tackle, which is not really nasty, but sheer annoyance. Just don't get nailed with the leg break and u'll be ok, rofl. TOO MUCH DAMAGE.

Have u been noticing collision glitches now and again? While we were playing, we had noticed things like people going through each other during crouchdashes and rolling dashes. I dont' know exactly what was going on, but it may be something to look at.

et2rustee
Signature USS COLE MIA/KIA

YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED
Holden
Master
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
When people hit ceilings -- Shinjuku, Plane(although it is usually a suprise), the hotel, i had been doing 3,3,3,4,3 or something. It'll pick em right back up again.

cool, now I have somethin...

What u said about movement was great -- it's good to have a keen eye for such things. I was playing around with a 'sway' of my own for bob. Since his foot speed is quite good, unlike craig, kaz and paul, do u~d~u~d~u. If u did that in ttt, u'd get nailed outta ss's easy. But that kind of weaving is actually worth takeing another look at -- I was weaving in and out of jabs and the like. Something to take a look at.

aww man...I can't believed you said that. Such a good idea. When I saw the first T4 vids, I saw peeps doin that kinda stuff, remember the demo? I was like..that might be interesting...but completly forgot about it! Good shit man, good shit.

I'll definatly give that a try.

What do u think of rff f,f+4,3? or rff f,f+3 -- it comes out MUCH faster now. That gts could probably be taken advantage of with a b+3, maybe?

unfortunatly, all my compitition can still duck the ff+4,3 on reaction. So I don't have a viable reason to use that yet. Although I have been using ff+3 as a follow up to a CH d/b+4,4....mad pressure against a wall...having many options like your b+3 or 2,1 or d/b+4,4(think of what that looks like; they get turned to there right then get hit by a low hit and immediatly turned to their left)...im tellin you, crazyness.

What are u doing vs close range fighters like Law and Paul. Also, have you been playing with any solid anti craig strats? Specifically his tackle, which is not really nasty, but sheer annoyance. Just don't get nailed with the leg break and u'll be ok, rofl. TOO MUCH DAMAGE.

I could go on for days on anti-craig, as we have two pretty skilled peeps here. Just as much so on anti-Paul...we've been gatherin some succulent information...I can't do it all in one sitting, but I'll be doing it consistently over the next few weeks at http://www.coloradotekken.net .......shameless advertising....

Have u been noticing collision glitches now and again? While we were playing, we had noticed things like people going through each other during crouchdashes and rolling dashes. I dont' know exactly what was going on, but it may be something to look at.

weird, I haven't seen anything to that effect yet.

Holden
bazooie
Legend
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
sup guys!

i went over to svgl this weekend to check out t4...(drools)

just wanted to share a few things i noticed while practicing against insanelee's paul.

Hooray for movement! Hwoarangs movement capabilities are awesome. Pauls jabs are easily sidestepped. This is the biggest thing I learned. Tekken 4 is going to be a very 3d movement game, people (here) haven't started taking advantage of that yet.

I'm not as afraid to throw out low hits now, and its catching more people off guard then I imagined. Partially because of the d/b duck, and also cause I haven't thrown out many low sweeps in TTT as they seemed too slow.

CH b+4 still is cool to me, nothing guaranteed, but cool mind games. It would be nice to try some throws after it.

off a low sweep, WS+4,4 both connect, so there might be better juggles available...d/b+4,4 or WS+4, d+4,4 or WS+4, d/b+4,4?

someone try that out for me

and since I only played 5 games, thats all I have to say
Krayze
2nd Dan
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone know to jump off the wall with bob and kick them? I think you do the chicken kick against the wall but i'm not that sure. If someone knows, please tell me or should i say us.
Signature So off we go
let the trumpets blow
and hold on because the driver of the acura is a pro
The Ruler's back
Lazy B
Lone Wolf
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
b,b, u/b...
new_blood
Iron Fist God
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lazy B
b,b, u/b...

Lazy B is this the move Krayze was talking about (Bob jumps to the wall and kicks the opponent)? I actually saw a match movie where Bob did the move at TekkenCentral.
Lazy B
Lone Wolf
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah, it's the move that he does off the wall that was on the tekkencentral movie #16 i think it was...sorry i didnt make it clear..
new_blood
Iron Fist God
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lazy B
yeah, it's the move that he does off the wall that was on the tekkencentral movie #16 i think it was...sorry i didnt make it clear..

Thanks dude. Also in that move #16 (the Bob player was no.1 Korean Bob Jung Gijae) Bob did a TTT LFL (sorry I'm really used in typing LFL for left flamingo) f+3, confirming that Bob does have the old TTT LFL f+3 and TTT RFL f+4. So as others mentioned, the move can be done by doing LFL df+3 or RFL df+4.
Krayze
2nd Dan
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks Lazy B.

Just helped a fellow bob player. Thanks
Signature So off we go
let the trumpets blow
and hold on because the driver of the acura is a pro
The Ruler's back
wenhao
Fujin
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
speak of bob's ws4,4

now thay have changed d to side step, how would you do instant ws move?
Signature just can't get enough!

btw i need more quarters