Topic Closed

Page Splits 123>...157
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
new_blood
Iron Fist God
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
To all Hwoarang people, our favorite guy has returned more powerful than ever. Although his old RFL f+4 (the mid kick which floats) and the LFS f+3 has now been changed to a two kick flamingo move, he got a db+4,4 from LFF. This db+4,4 kick, when blocked, is safe and puts distance to the opponent, but I don't think we should use db+4,4 because the second 4 hits high.

LFF b+3 is a great move. We don't have to go to RFF and do f+4~4 to juggle our opponent, we just have to press b+3 in LFF. Basically this move has been designed to juggle opponents if we see an opening.

I still don't know what's the use of the new ub+4 Chicken kick, but my best guess it's similar to Yoshi's ub+4 which is a defensive move when pressured.

[1],2,3 is similar to Baek's. It's a one or two punch move which puts you immediately to LFL. It's similar to [1],2,4 which puts you into RFL. So what happend to the old TTT 1,2,3 and 1,2,4? You have to do it by pressing f+1_f+2 in the start of the string. So for example, you have juggled your opponent and you're planning to the the old TTT 1,2,4 juggle, you have to do it by pressing f+1,2,4.

I made a mistake in a previous post, it's a great thing CH d+3,4,b+3 is still guaranteed to juggle, and of course this CH juggle starter does a lot of damage.

For Baek users who is now starting with Bob: How do I use LFF b+2 and LFF uf+2? These two punches are from Baek's, right?

LFF f+1+2 seems to be a palm move which stuns on CH. Anyone knows when to use this?

Please post your newly acquired strats. And for my final words...HWOARANG IS TOP TIER (MAYBE)
SuperMxyz
Iron Fist God
PSN: SuperMxyz
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Is RFL d/f+4 the same as his old RFL f+4? I read somewhere that he had the move but new input. This was one of my main moves to keep people from ducking too much.
Joshimitsu
Original Joeshimitsu
PSN: DeadlyToothpick
XBL: DeadlyToothpick
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by new_blood
And for my final words...HWOARANG IS TOP TIER (MAYBE)

SuperMxyz- Yeah, that's how you do his old RFS f+4, is d/f+4 now.
Signature street sharks
new_blood
Iron Fist God
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Joshimitsu

SuperMxyz- Yeah, that's how you do his old RFS f+4, is d/f+4 now.

Are you sure? I don't think I've seen RFL df+4 in the movelists...but still I got to check it out in my next T4 game...
devil_jun
Lord of the dance!
XBL: Ranc1d Sheep
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
New_Blood use Bob's new LFF b+2 move as an Anti-SS move thats how it is used for beak in TTT anyways.
Joshimitsu
Original Joeshimitsu
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by new_blood

Are you sure? I don't think I've seen RFL df+4 in the movelists...but still I got to check it out in my next T4 game...

That's just what I've heard, I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet...

We better have it this weekend, then I'll play Hwoarang all day and find out cool stuff
Signature street sharks
Lazy B
Lone Wolf
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
i used hworang all day at LACC on fri. i can answer some questions if you guys ask. hwo's b+2 from baek isn't as useful as it used to be since hwo doesn't have a flamingo cancel (DAMN NAMCO!). the triple side step seems to have been toned down. i used all new tactics when i played at LACC. d/b+4,4 is the best damned move you've ever seen but it probably will become old and ducked after a while. b+3 is my hwo's wgf ...any questions post em i'll try to answer...
drtekken
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: drtekken_
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I have some question.

How do you make that new RFF throw (in TC.com), after LFF b+3 can you be punished or is just like RFF f+4~4.

What about db+4,4 is duckable but what about the recovery after the second. Is this guaranted on CH?.

Can you get 2,f+4 CH? is the timing hard.

What about the B+4 CH "combos" (B+4, df+2, f+4...)

Can you get anything to hit after a blocked RFF 3~4 (f,f+3, d+4,4...)

Any stance changing flamingo combo. It look like he change pretty fast, but prob not fast enough.

Crazy dance how does it feel?

Thank you
Signature Pateador Dominicano!!
Tal?n sangriento

et2rustee
Space Marine
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
the new throw is rff 1+3_2+4 Bob doesn't have a position change throw from rff. AFAIK, d/b+4,4 2nd hit guaranteed on CH, another thing to test, but i'm pretty sure it is. If the second is blocked, it is GTS to Bob's right, with no real followups. Generally, the thought is to throw, but there are other options. When the 2nd 4 from d/b+4,4 hits, it leaves them fufa, allowing for other possible situations.

CH b+4 chain setups aren't in the game like in TTT. There isn't really anything guaranteed after CH b+4, just a turn stun to bob's left. d/f+3,4 is a good follow up, or go f+3 and try to get to their back while they try to realign.

there is nothing guaranteed after rff 3~4. Just like ch b+4 sometimes if they don't realign right, u can get stuff but aside from that, nothing.

The flamingo stance changes are really quick. Not something u would use in close to mid range fighting, but after a knockdown to switch to diffrent methods of okizeme (rfl d/f+4 if they rise crouching, lfl d+3,4,4 if they duck)

Another thing to check out is if lfl d+3 hits, i believe the 4 is guaranteed, however nothing else after is.

Bob's 1,2 into flamingo is good. Hella mixups until people get used to it. Especially off 1,2,4 -- where u have the ability to go into low sweep, low kick, and mid floating kick.

u can dance at the start of the round, which is funny and silly, but u can buffer stuff into the beginning of the round and then press the activation button for it to come out right when it starts -- qcb+3 for instance.

lff b+3 is ok for long recovery whiffs, but if it's blocked, it's totally punishable. Although it DOES hit ground, and guaranteed after 2+4 throw. Pretty decent for wakeups.

Also, just to reiterate, CH d+3,4,b+3 is not a true chain. They can block the b+3.

u/b+4 is totally abuseable. Now that 3xss has dimished usefulness -- alot of chars can just jab him outta the flamingo if he doesn't ss enough -- bob needs something to get outta range so he can space shit right. u/b+4 is exactly that, although it has a bit of recovery. hops back with a stunning mid kick.

What are u guys doing after a ch d/b+4,4? How about new stuff for the rff 3~4 guardturning stun. I've been tryin everything from b+4 to d/f+3,4. Nothing really guaranteed, but maybe something that will equate to a really nice setup.

I like that b+3 hits grounded.

et2rustee
Signature USS COLE MIA/KIA

YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED
Konqrr
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: Konqrr
XBL: Konqrr
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
hey et2rustee...why the name change? You used to be et3rustee...just wondering
Krayze
2nd Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Good strats et2rustee, good strats
Haarang
5th Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
What about his rff dashing/movement properties? Is his dash in this stance still faster/larger than normal?

When you say lff b+3 is punishable if blocked, what do you mean? Is 121 w/ Yoshi free, vs. another bob is b+4 guaranteed...a death fist (God forbid)?

It sounds to me like 12(3_4) into a flamingo will be useful for about half an hour until somebody with half a brain just jabs him out of it, esp. since the flamingo side-step doesn't really work anymore.

Is there a definite answer on whether rfs d/f+4 is floating juggle starter from ttt?

I know I haven't even played the game, but as of now I really don't understand all this "top tier" talk about bob. Even though he is my favourite character by far, he actually sounds like a bit of a push-over compared to ttt bob.
Signature Do not run away, let go.
Do not seek, for it will come when least expected.
Haarang
5th Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by et2rustee

Also, just to reiterate, CH d+3,4,b+3 is not a true chain. They can block the b+3.

Sorry about the double post, but could you tell me exactly how to block this. I get ppl with this quite a bit, and they aren't just not blocking.
MacJ_007
Dragon Lord
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Bob has totally changed with some new awesome moves. First is his 1,2,3 flamingo like Baek tho it does'nt cancel like Baek's its still a useful move. Mix-up like 1,2,3,d+4 or 1,2,3,b+4. Another plus is he can do 2,4~f without going to RFF and he can also do 2,3~f. This new moves can add up to his mind game. Example I like doing 1,4, 2,4~f, f+4_b+3. 1,2,3,d+4 as we all know if it hits, can be followed up by ws+4,4 then d/b+4,4. His d/b+4,4 is a great move although u can't abuse this move coz the second hit's high so if ducked, u don't wanna get punished by Kaz's ws+2 = massive damage. After a hit d/b+4,4 CH I just usually do another d/b+4,4 since some of them roll or CD to ws+4,4. I still don't know what to do after a blocked d/b+4,4. I thought I could do d+4,4 like if u hit a RFF 3~4. But it's not the same since they recover faster and could punish u by kicks. About the b+2, I dont know if it still has the knockdown ability on CH. But it's use should be the same like Baek, anti-ss and interuptor. One more thing the 2+4 throw is not the same as b4. They can recover faster so instead of doing ss, d/b+3+4 or d/b+4 or wutever u wanna do, u might try using d+1, u might catch them backwards. Aight payce.
Signature Fighting without skills and technique is just like fighting your own SHADOW
Holden
Master
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Aight.

RFS - d/f+4 does float, quite nicely too.

His 1,2_1_2(3_4) is EXtremely useful. Especially when you have the sweet, sweet machine gun kicks(RFS-f+4_LFS-f+3), which will successfully keep them from ducking and attacking you the second you enter flamingo. From there it is free rights to perform many of hwoarang's best moves; RFS_RFF-2, LFS-1, more machine gun kicks, trips, or FL(3+4(Flamingo switch))...Simply put; his flamingo obviously got 80% of the attention Namco gave to him.

Crazy dance feels AWESOME.....with the new sideways walk, you can make him do some sick ass, phatty phat phat crazy dancin. His FOX step is hella easy and makes him leap like 3 1/2 characters away(also can be performed from both LFF and RFF the same way!! ..::ahhhhhyea::..)

b+3 hits grounded....that is absolutly phenomanal....

Also, don't get discouraged by your sudden lack of ability to juggle correctly...for gods sakes, I must have missed juggles a hundred times that I used to be able to do in TTT with my eye's closed. This is a different game. What hwoarang can't do in juggles he makes up 50fold when it comes to fuckin with someone in the wall...(CD+4, ssr, 2,4(they hit the wall, sideways I might add, we haven't been able to tech when we've hit sideways...REMEMBER to verify this...)f+4(machine gun kicks), 3+4, d/b+3, 4(possibly hit the wall again making a ~f, d/b+4,4 garunteed, and a simple follow up of B+3)......ee..nuff said, there's much room to be creative. This shit is crazy.

RFF_LFF-u/b+4 my first impression of the move was of COURSE! awesome evasion, especially cause it can be done from LFF & RFF, meaning it can be used as a shield outta crazy dance....but I tested some other ideas and found that it works great for okizeme..2+4, u/b+4, if the try to attack they'll get nailed and be backwards(also moves them, hopefully towards a wall....) if they roll, you got 'em...and if they don't do anything.....you're FINE, good okizeme.

Done for now!

Holden
Signature Colorado Fusion
Joshimitsu
Original Joeshimitsu
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
OMG this is sounding so sweet...
Signature street sharks
Haarang
5th Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Damn. Shut my mouth, cut off my legs, and call me shorty.

Holden's info = .

This is just way too bad ass. I really can't take not playing T4 for much longer....really.
Krayze
2nd Dan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
All Bob All Day. I Hate Steve Fox Kicks vs punches, whos gonna win?
Signature So off we go
let the trumpets blow
and hold on because the driver of the acura is a pro
The Ruler's back
Joshimitsu
Original Joeshimitsu
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh, what's this u/b+4 move...?
Signature street sharks
Playa Pimpmo