< >
TokisPL
4th Dan
PSN: Tokis_PL
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vargus [*]
WS+1,2 u/f+1, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! <dash> b+1:1+2 = 63 dmg
WS+1,2 u/f+1, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! f,f+3+4 = 56 dmg

These seem not to be working - uf+1 connects only when first hit of WS+1,2 misses or is blocked. Normal juggle out of WS+1,2 would be something like:
WS+1,2, df+1, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! dash b+1:1+2 (58)
WS+1,2, ff+2 S! dash uf+1, dash 1, b+1:1+2 (59) [hard, not worth it]

I was playing with some Forgotten Realm floor break combos:
(starting position)
df+2, uf+1, df+1, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! dash df+4,1 FB! uf+1, df+1,2 (71)
df+2, ff+2 S! dash, uf+1, df+1, f+2,3,4 W! df+4,1, FB! uf+1, df+1,2 (82)
Did any one come up with other ender after floor break?

As for the wall bounce:
- far wall bounce: WB! uf+1, df+1 W! uf+1, df+1,2>1
- short wall bounce: WB! 4, W! uf+1, df+1,2>1
It all depends of the axis, juggles off WB! may vary sometimes.

After late balcony break I don't see any other ender than b+1:1+2/ff+3+4.
Vargus
Champion
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TokisPL
WS+1,2 u/f+1, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! <dash> b+1:1+2 = 63 dmg
WS+1,2 u/f+1, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! f,f+3+4 = 56 dmg

These seem not to be working - uf+1 connects only when first hit of WS+1,2 misses or is blocked

Just tested them again, they both work just fine.

during the 2 in WS+1,2 you might want to hold U/F and mash 1 so that it comes out at the earliest moment, if you are having trouble with the u/f+1 timing.

Also with the f,f+3+4 ender it can be inconsistent as stated earlier in Post #1, but once you learn the timing you can land it rather easily

The other thing to worth note is some of juggles might really be 'tight to land' while others are rather easy, I'll try and differentiate them with RED and BLUE combo listings, where RED is easier and BLUE is harder and/or tighter.

and with this...
WS+1,2, ff+2 S! dash uf+1, dash 1, b+1:1+2 (59) [hard, not worth it]

I took your advice.

I was playing with some Forgotten Realm floor break combos:
(starting position)
df+2, uf+1, df+1, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! dash df+4,1 FB! uf+1, df+1,2 (71)
df+2, ff+2 S! dash, uf+1, df+1, f+2,3,4 W! df+4,1, FB! uf+1, df+1,2 (82)
Did any one come up with other ender after floor break?

I haven't looked at floor break combos yet, will test and let you know.

As for the wall bounce:
- far wall bounce: WB! uf+1, df+1 W! uf+1, df+1,2>1
- short wall bounce: WB! 4, W! uf+1, df+1,2>1
It all depends of the axis, juggles off WB! may vary sometimes.

as above

After late balcony break I don't see any other ender than b+1:1+2/ff+3+4.

ditto

@TokisPL Thanks for your input

Cheers
Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!!!.
?
Rezz
Dragon Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Did some testing to see what works best punishing Xiaou's cali roll. From what I can see, both 2,2,1+2 and 2,1,3 are all guaranteed. 2,1,3 I think will be the best option because from 2,1,3, MNT 3 is guaranteed and if they try to do any get up kicks it will CH launch them.
Signature
TokisPL
4th Dan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vargus
Just tested them again, they both work just fine.

during the 2 in WS+1,2 you might want to hold U/F and mash 1 so that it comes out at the earliest moment, if you are having trouble with the u/f+1 timing.
Cheers
What chracter you are testing it against in Practice? No matter the timing these combos miss vs small chars (tested vs Zaf & Xiao). I am able to pull it off vs Paul though, which may mean that it is a conditional combo.
Originally posted by Rezz
Did some testing to see what works best punishing Xiaou's cali roll. From what I can see, both 2,2,1+2 and 2,1,3 are all guaranteed. 2,1,3 I think will be the best option because from 2,1,3, MNT 3 is guaranteed and if they try to do any get up kicks it will CH launch them.
Cheers
Why not use uf+4 to punish? It works vs Xiao's BT f+1+2 (punch parry), BT 2/b+3 (quickest high), BT d+1+2 (AoP), BT DB (cancel to front crouch) and BT B (cancel to standing block).
TokisPL
4th Dan
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Why not use uf+4 to punish? It works vs Xiao's BT f+1+2 (punch parry), BT 2/b+3 (quickest high), BT d+1+2 (AoP), BT DB (cancel to front crouch) and BT B (cancel to standing block).
OK, I need to correct myself - just had good games vs strong Xiao player and my hopkick got reversed with manual parry from BT, so it's not guaranteed. Will check your suggested punishes, Rezz.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
OK, I need to correct myself - just had good games vs strong Xiao player and my hopkick got reversed with manual parry from BT, so it's not guaranteed. Will check your suggested punishes, Rezz.

Cali roll is only -11 on block that is why you must use jab strings to punish it.

Also just saw a vid from Aika where I think SCR 4 is guaranteed after a f+2,3 lands on the opponents back. Might be the best option after a blocked spring kick from chars like King and Eddy.
Signature
TokisPL
4th Dan
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi folks, discussion seems to have slowed down a bit - hopefully, there are still some things to discover for Zaf!

Vargus, are you planning on updating the first post with combos and guaranteed stuff? If you're busy I can do it for you!
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone have any bear/jack specific combos?
Signature
Vargus
Champion
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah sorry guys, I went to a national tournament major last weekend, kind of wanted a break from Fighting games . But now that its been 5 days, I am ready to get back into it. Will post this afternoon. Thanks for everyone's patience.

** MINOR UPDATE **

Added a few more combos to Post #1 still got to add others that have been posted earlier. Will update again in a few hours. Thanks.

Last edited by Vargus on Sep 27th, 2019 at 04:10

Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
?
Vargus
Champion
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
UPDATE #4

Ok thread is up to date, minus the floor break, balcony break and Wall bounce combos.

The first post probably need a little formatting, but at least all the information is there.

The FB! combos are doing my head in.

I have found that to FB! you'll probably use...

1+2
d/f+4,1
SCR 1+2
is anyone going to bother with b+3 or f,f+3?

haven't tried BB! , Wall Bounce and Wall Break yet.

Maybe I should call it a day

Found the Zafina Compendium in the Zafina Discussion/Changes etc Thread in Post #85

Located for HERE convenience

now time to relax...
?
TokisPL
4th Dan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz Does anyone have any bear/jack specific combos?
Against Bears:

Df+3,4, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! ff, d+2,4,3 (79)
F+4, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! ff, d+2,4,3 (60)

CH SCR df+4~D, MNT df+2, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! d+2,4,3 (72)
CH D+3 MNT 2,1,4~B S! ff, d+2,4,3 (66)

Funny stuff - when splatting bear into wall with heavy wall splat (e.g. ff+2) you can do f+2,3 SCR 3+4, which will tailspin, but leave bear behind your back. So you can do, for example:
ff+2 W! f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! BT ff, RA_d+2,4,3.
Not particularly useful, but still an option not available against other fighters. Note that if you're slightly off axis SCR 3+4 may not give S!.

Also, I find it lot easier to connect ff+2 after MNT df+2 hits, for increased damage.

None of above is working against Jack, though.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Was watching REV major top 8 and saw Ranchu do CH ff+3 SCR d+3,3 S! uf+1 f+2,3~B RA!

Last edited by Rezz on Sep 30th, 2019 at 05:08

Signature