Page Splits <1234>...6
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
Did Zaf have anything scary to punish a blocked cali roll? What could she do after blocking spring kicks from people like King or Eddy?

On the back of an opponent she could do ff+3~b df+1,2,1, (since ff+3 is +9 on hit, df+1 is i13 and opponent turning around takes 5 frames I think)
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Conrad
Champion
PSN: Disruptr-
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Did Zaf have anything scary to punish a blocked cali roll? What could she do after blocking spring kicks from people like King or Eddy?
I can't remember if she could df2 or 1+2,4,4 Cali roll without being hit by the sabaki.

King/Eddy spring kick for sure she can get df2 or 1+2,4,4.
Signature /
TokisPL
4th Dan
PSN: Tokis_PL
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Conrad
I can't remember if she could df2 or 1+2,4,4 Cali roll without being hit by the sabaki.

King/Eddy spring kick for sure she can get df2 or 1+2,4,4.

In T6, after 1+2,4,4 in back, you could continue with db3~B, df1_1 and bound move. It took way over 100 dmg.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TokisPL
In T6, after 1+2,4,4 in back, you could continue with db3~B, df1_1 and bound move. It took way over 100 dmg.

Thanks. This is more of what I was looking for. I also play Nina and in the back she gets her df+3,4,3+4 string into ff+1+2 all guaranteed. I was hoping Zaf got something similar.
Signature
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Was just thinking of more stuff I'd like to see her get in 7;

-A buff to 2,1

-df+4,1 to KND for something guaranteed

-MNT d+1,4 to S! so we get a full combo from db+1+2

-db+1+2 and f+3 to be faster

-can either make 1+2 or f+3 her standing armor crush

-a transition from b+1+2 to MNT or TRT
Signature
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I wanna be able to transition from MNT to TRT for infinite stage trolling purposes.
Signature
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
My issues with Zafina in TTT2 was poor 15 frame ws launcher and no 15 frame standing launcher. Also her tracking was bad which you have to rely on lots of ff4 and b2. I don't want to use ff4 and b2 most of the time and rather do lots of small pokes here and there until they crack. Also her 12 jabs were meh. Had to do a lot of 21 and 22. I hope they take out the auto SCR from 13 string. Would rather manually get into SCR after that if I want to.

I really like her df1+2 which crushes high 100%. Wish it could be -9 on block since it's slow but it seems like it's a lot to ask for
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
New trailer doesn't show a lot but at least one thing I asked for is confirmed: MNT d+1,4 gives a S! so CH d+3 is now a full combo. Df+3,4 also gives a S!
Signature
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
New trailer doesn't show a lot but at least one thing I asked for is confirmed: MNT d+1,4 gives a S! so CH d+3 is now a full combo. Df+3,4 also gives a S!

MNT d+1,4 was obvious though

Hope d+3 is not launch punishable
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay

Maybe, but I don't take anything for granted when it comes to Namco.
Signature
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Maybe, but I don't take anything for granted when it comes to Namco.

True.. they come in mysterious ways themselves though lol

ill update the first post when she comes out.. she comes out onthe 10th right,..

and hopefully everyone can post changes so i can update the first post. gonna be a long amount of typing

Last edited by Johnnay on Sep 5th, 2019 at 22:52

Max Payne.
Conrad
Champion
PSN: Disruptr-
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay

Hope d+3 is not launch punishable
I think it's a safe bet that d3 might be more punishable on block. I mean it was already extremely good in Tag 2, but to make it combo on CH now too (for the whole cast and not biggies)? Yeah it might be -14 or -15. It'll be one of the first things I test for sure now. I got my fingers crossed for it remaining at -13.
Signature /
Vargus
Lone Wolf
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
The new Season Pass 3 Launch Trailer Just dropped, you can see the whole trailer below...

Zafina!

However if you just want to SKIP to the Zafina section click here

Breakdown...

(as best I can figure it, feel free to correct me if I got something wrong)

Legend
* = I am unsure about

First Juggle...

d/f+2, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! d/f+4,2 (best we (thanks Rezz!) can figure at this point, since d/f+4,1 seems to be later in the next combo)

2nd Juggle...

CH d+3~D MAN d+3,1 d+1,4 S! d/f+4,1

3rd Juggle...

RD! d/f+3,4 W! f,f+4 BB! b+1... * (into what?)

Next was Zafina's 'Rage Art'

RA! (looks like a high )

Last edited by Vargus on Sep 7th, 2019 at 05:38

Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!!!.
?
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vargus
d/f+2, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! d/f+4, *2? (I am just guessing the 2 as best I can figure it, since d/f+4,1 seems to be later in the next combo)

I just watched the vid at .25 speed and you're right, it does look like df+4,2. Guess that confirms at least one new move for her.
Signature
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vargus
RD! d/f+3,4 W! f,f+4 BB! b+1... * (into what?)

Df+3,4 also S!'s but it was ff+4 that caused the wall break.

We saw b+1 into whatever animation that was. I'm wondering if that was some kind of just frame.
Signature
Vargus
Lone Wolf
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
I just watched the vid at .25 speed and you're right, it does look like df+4,2. Guess that confirms at least one new move for her.

Just updated Post #33 Thanks!
Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!!!.
?
LiliTag2
3rd Dan
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOX9PTpnw7g

Zafina complete Move List out now on Youtube, I don't know how this guy got it before official release
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
From what I took from this:

-21 dmg for 1,3; not good
-24 dmg for 1,4; not good
-17 dmg for 2,1; was hoping this got buffed in dmg but nope.

-f3 looks to be a little faster and causes S! on NH; pretty good

-df+1,2,1 KND on last hit. Not sure why you would ever use this in the open though but full string does a lot of dmg; possibly will still be used as a wall ender

-only 29 dmg for df+1,4 and doesn't KND but causes S! in combos; disappointing stats for a i13 though

-df+3,4 scores a KND instead of giving +frames but only 32 dmg; db+4,2 is guaranteed (49 dmg total)

-df+4,1 with good 36 dmg and scores a KND

-db+1+2 looks to be a little faster

-b+1 nerfed dmg; hopefully retained it's CH launcher properties

-b+1~1+2 new JF like I had predicted. Might potentially be new combo ender. Gives some really nice dmg

-b+3 is her armor move

-b+2 is her tracking move

-ff+2 tracks and S!'s
-ff+4 tracks and S!'s

-TRT 1+2 now gives S! in combos

-(SCR 3,3,)4 now trips on NH; can't remember if it did this in TTT2

-SCR 4 armor launcher

-SCR df+3 tracks and looks to be faster but is no longer a launcher
-SCR df+3,3 new move and launches like the original SCR df+3

-SCR d+3,3 2nd hit gives S! on NH

-MNT 1,3 new transition into SCR

-MNT 3,4,4 last hit no longer KND

-MNT 1+2 new move and is armor

-b+1+3 (or b+2+4) new move acts like a reversal

If anyone has any other insights please share.

Last edited by Rezz on Sep 9th, 2019 at 18:43

Signature
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Also

b+2 KND

df+1,4 hits like Nina df+1+2, decent punisher

df+1,4 S during juggle

b+3 no longer KND on hit/CH

Rezz b+2 already homes though doesn’t it in T6
Max Payne.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Some other notes to add:

-forgot to mention that 1+2,4,4 causes S! in combos

-2,2,1+2 causes hard spike; should be useful in Forgotten Realm

-f+4 causes S! in combos

-df+1+2 is also homing; high crushing homing that launches on NH could be good; hopefully the frames on block is not instant death

-MNT 2,1,4 causes S! in combos

-no new throws

Overall I'm a little disappointed in what they've done with her so far. Will need to see official frame data before I make any hard conclusions but not only did she not really get anything new, it looks like they nerfed some of her moves. SCR df+3 only does 10 dmg? What the fuck for? I really hope they took to block stun away when that move gets blocked otherwise what will be the point? Was hoping for more transitions into her stances for mind games. Will need to test things myself of course. MNT 1,3 into SCR is nice for some SCR>MNT>SCR shenanigans but the string is M,H so unless it jails (I highly doubt) even that will be risky.
Signature