Tekken 7 Season 3 speculation thread

Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SSfox
Foxstepman
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Here you go for you Season 3 wishlists https://twitter.com/mykeryu/status/1134713292859953152

Originally posted by Fernandito
I don't believe one word

You still sure about that?
Welsh Steel
Legend
PSN: Welsh__Steel
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd like to see a "Bad Boys" theme (stupid I know but I want it! xD) with Bruce AND Raven coming back, I would like these characters coming back (Bruce seems certain), both of them wouldn't really impact the amount moves/animations in Tekken because they are a variance of Josie and M.Raven, I can't wait to see the personal touch Harada would give them.

I think Raven would bring that Ninjutsu fighting style more into the light because I think M.Raven failed in comparison, Raven is a rip off of Wesley Snipes, you can't simply create that level of iconicness, it's the same as Lei Hype, not many people even main Lei but they still want "Jackie Chan" in. If they give good PR for Raven, cool Rage Art/Drive and make him a bit simpler to play than M.Raven (Like Armor King : King) I think it could work very well.

I hope they don't bring in anymore characters than that, unless it's Tifa (FF7 promotion xD) then I'll be super Hype! I'd rather they prioritise on improving the base game, add more to it, improve practice, more polish in customization mode and in general.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Welsh Steel

I hope they don't bring in anymore characters than that, unless it's Tifa (FF7 promotion xD) then I'll be super Hype! I'd rather they prioritise on improving the base game, add more to it, improve practice, more polish in customization mode and in general.

Hell 500% yes for Tifa in T7, probably one if not the best possible guest character for T7 imo.

Originally posted by Welsh Steel

I think Raven would bring that Ninjutsu fighting style more into the light because I think M.Raven failed in comparison, Raven is a rip off of Wesley Snipes, you can't simply create that level of iconicness, it's the same as Lei Hype, not many people even main Lei but they still want "Jackie Chan" in. If they give good PR for Raven, cool Rage Art/Drive and make him a bit simpler to play than M.Raven (Like Armor King : King) I think it could work very well.

I totally agree about this, but i'd rather they save Raven for Tekken 8 at this point especially since there's already a Raven in Tekken 7, and you know sometimes it may be not that bad if a character miss a game, remember the legendary Kazuya and Lee come back in Tekken 4.
Welsh Steel
Legend
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
and you know sometimes it may be not that bad if a character miss a game, remember the legendary Kazuya and Lee come back in Tekken 4.

Alright I get that, I just couldn't stand the thought of them adding in 5 more new move lists, Tekken is already insane for new players wishing to learn the genre.

I think it would just be way better to have variations of Josie, M.Raven, maybe a bit more (Christie another good one, would love if they developed her to be an easier Eddy), they'd have their own 10-15 unique moves, it's just way less "oh ye, 50+ characters, all completely different move list to learn to defend against....have fun!".
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Bruce stance animation has been apparently found in the game after the update. Looks like we will finally be able to use a proper muai thai character after..., three years.

Hate this model of releasing games. Three fucking years after bening able to use Bruce, and this is of course non confirmed yet
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Ashesfall
Fighter
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
i mean, i can clearly see that you cant add every fighter into a fighting game as old as tekken is.

yes i thought since tekken5 dr bruce and the representation of muay thai (in my head) was such a strong argue that he would be a stable to the "iron fist" theme forever now. i was just wrong. (since tekken 6 i think some high influence in anime and cute(kawaii) went through the team with lucky chloe now on its peak (summer lesson...), of course she will find fans (but also people to quit the franchise?), not my point ...)

tekken7 is running well and it is still even after 3 years super fun to play
(only for graphics/technique purpose i would like to see a new tekken in the "far" future but when i see SC6 and think about tekken8 i am a bit worried, supers all day (want to play and not watch (hello MK11, my biggest issue to me the Fatal Blow system) + deep meter system to the core game WHEN you have a huge movelist to start with. even tho i really enjoy playing geese (outstanding fighter in the history of fighting games (Ryuji Yamazaki the only SNK fighter above Geese to me)), i feel like i play king of fighters 3D and not tekken anymore. i can almost hear people going "mad" when i sometimes "abuse" fireballs (backjump fireball cheap haha), complains to harada )

---
i just wished tekken would have a proper ranked system, and therefore a "real" reason to stick to it like league of legends or rainbow six or even diablo 3 seasons (just to name some with success in a game as a service).

how about seasons in tekken?
my biggest observation, and many here will for sure agree, when people reaching a "high" rank, they stop playing because they dont want to lose them, this is where seasons comes in and therefore the pool of players will be higher over the course of a longer time, IF the online netplay works AND the gameplay is outstanding, like tekken7 is.

how about report function,wifi indicator,liga system,real punishing on bad behavior?
every now and than when i actually play ranked you face many issues, that turns the meaning of "ranked" down to "have fun playing". (locally saved ranks? yeah right, best way to make it feel some kind of "legit" )

TWT is basically the way to keep it alive but i feel much lost potential for online Tekken.
(yes some people hate online but not everyone does and not everyone likes/can afford to travel the world to compete, even tho it must be thrilling if you really into it ^^)
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
SSfox
Foxstepman
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
i mean, i can clearly see that you cant add every fighter into a fighting game as old as tekken is.

This.

yes i thought since tekken5 dr bruce and the representation of muay thai (in my head) was such a strong argue that he would be a stable to the "iron fist" theme forever now. i was just wrong. (since tekken 6 i think some high influence in anime and cute(kawaii) went through the team with lucky chloe now on its peak (summer lesson...), of course she will find fans (but also people to quit the franchise?), not my point ...)

I also though that Lei and Marduk would never miss a Tekken too, and Mileena and Noob Saibot would never miss a Mortal Kombat game, but as it's the not case as we can see, and in a sens i can see why this may happen, but i'm not complaining esepcially since Lei and Craig still made it and look doper than ever.

About Bruce if he'll make it in, i have one and super important wishlist, make him TALL like he is supposed to be and like he was in T2, unlike T5 and post.
Murakumo
1,2,4:4 all day long
PSN: TZMurakumo
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
All this talk of Kunimitsu and Ganryu.

... and here I just want my T.Ogre, Roger, Baek back.

I never thought Lee would miss a Tekken (after 3) either, but he wasn't added until home release, and his state indicated he was a serious afterthought and had been given little consideration with regard to system changes. T_T
Signature Hit confirms and just frames in a mist trap sandwich!
wrazor
Virtuoso
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken needs a new meta ASAP for season 3. The way rage is activated near death needs to be addressed as it makes the game too monotonous towards the end.

Maybe giving a meter for rage which is filled with different conditions for different characters might do it(like king's is filled fastest with grabs, jin's filled fastest with parry etc) and allow for meter moves can balance this game to the next level.

I really do not see the game benefiting with more characters. 45+ is already handful. With a meter, maybe we can give the option of choosing between RA,RD or special meter draining moveset before the match starts.
Welsh Steel
Legend
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Game is hype as hell in Pro play with the addition of rage, why change a good thing and make Tekken even more complicated?? The balance is going to be wack if you let people build rage from unique methods, rage is fine how it is because some characters are defensive/reactive and some work better aggressively.

I could imagine Systems like Geese and Akuma on everyone and their bars carry over after rounds end but that just seems like far too much work but come on, it would be way less hype without rage. Literally every round there is the slight chance of comeback opportunity and that is a good thing, a non rage system where you have Geese like meter systems on everyone would be lacking, we'd get into situations with players not using bars but still trying to win 1 round and probably losing miserably, I really don't like the thought of it.

Last edited by Welsh Steel on Jun 8th, 2019 at 10:56

Ashesfall
Fighter
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
i think the rage system in tekken7 FR is great
in vanilla with only one move that gives armor and a big animation was kinda "monotone" (hello MK11 ^^)
but when they added rage drives, the system went really nice when it comes to gameplay and(!) hype moments.
they created a system that gives (rare) special moves (RA and RD) without adding meter.
genius idea for such a deep game. (wish SC6 would have done the same)

i cant be the only one thinking that SC6 just overloaded the game with features.
while slow mo in tekken7 feel super dynamic and really perfectly placed.
the slow mo in SC6 just feels so "forced" build in, with the special parry system. (Reversal Edge)
also dont like how "soul charge" kinda resets the positions and slows down the game.

that "lethal hit system" seems cool if balanced well and i like the Guard Impact feature.

so whats to much for me? Reversal Edge/Break attack, Supers attached to Meter - (unnecessary) resource-management, (yes you can do 2 supers in one round - what a bad design. how special does a "super" feel like that?)

isnt a big movelist, ring outs, guard impact, lethal hits, ranged weapons, 3D movement enough to get into it? (with the lethal hit system you could have done badass animations ("supers" basically there))

anyways i am not saying its a bad game
(really hoped after SC5 meter system, they would have kicked out a meter system for SC6 completely)

ps: kinda wished those special rage arts (king and lars) could be "customized" without a specific outfit and maybe they add some more for other fighters? (kinda wasted animations locked behind only one special outfit, even tho its cool to have them)
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
SSfox
Foxstepman
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
BTW they may add be at least 1 or 2 new characters in season 3, like imagine if all 5 or 6 characters are gonna be legacy characters, and if the game will still be hype in its 4th year (and there's a chance it will be) there won't be much legacy characters to put in the Season 4(if that happens) that are left and are unique enough and legit to be put in the game, i guess. Unless they'll go full on Michelle and P.jack and cie to make them more unique, but i don't know if they'll take this route, in a sens it's not impossible, if Bruce is coming back they would already took this route.
Murakumo
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
IIRC, back before the games when Namco was in other amusement stuff, the first "Tekken" was a horse (like one of those machines you put a quarter in and the kid rides on for a few minutes). So technically, Iron HOOF?

WTB Ironhoof for S3!

Last edited by Murakumo on Jun 9th, 2019 at 14:58

Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
I see somebody around suggesting old Samurai Shodown rage system
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

wrazor
Virtuoso
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
i think the rage system in tekken7 FR is great

I agree. Rage system and slow mo are two genius additions to this game. But has it saturated the game now? Can we make the game feel fresh again with rage changes? What are the alternatives if not that? Does the game need a new meta in the first place? I say, it needs a new meta ASAP if namco is investing in season 3. I hope season 4 and 5 as well in the future hence I emphasize on a new meta.

TBH, the best way to achieve a new meta, give the game a new breathe of life and make money is to make alternative options for existing characters and give the option to buy them. Imagine a meter based bryan who has strong mixups and armorcrush options from meter but no rage? The existing bryan will continue to be an option. Or jin who has a meter based rushdown option?

If not change the meta in one go, introduce alternative chars in dlc and let players respond?
Murakumo
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
I would be totally hyped if they added an SS down out of crouch, like FC+3+4 or something. I don't understand why this still isn't an option after all these years.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
A Miguel in Top 8, Holy Grail

Edit: I just noticed i haven't post this on the right topic lol

Last edited by SSfox on Jun 17th, 2019 at 06:30

Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
This game does not need any new characters. I would rather see them spend the development time fleshing out the extras in this game. We need another infinite stage and another floor break stage. The hair customization is still embarrassing. New outfits would also be welcome.

A replay function and a jukebox feature wouldn't hurt either...fucksakes, Namco, add those please.
Murakumo
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Potentially unpopular opinion:

Bring back B! but only allow 1 B! or 1 S! per combo (either or).
SSfox
Foxstepman
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Gotta say that it's impressive how the game is aging quite well, i play many games and when i got back to T7 it's still looks overall one of the best looking game on this gen, the gameplay is fun as hell, and the aesthetics overall are pretty solid, at least when the characters wears defaults or unique costumes. And some stages like Mishima Building looks pretty dope.