Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SSfox
Foxstepman
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So i though it should have a thread,

Season 3 is absolutely not a thing, nothing is confirmed, for now at least, but it CAN potentially happen, i guess it will depends on how the game would sell during 2019, the sales of season 2 pass, if there is still interest on the game i don't see reason why no Season 3 for T7 to not happen.

So let's say it will have 6 characters like season, i think Zafina is a safe bet, Ganryu too or somekind of Sumo guy or girl (like that Ganmi), also Bruce may finally made it unless again they'll go for a new character, maybe that boy on his T2 and 5 ending, maybe other characters from that Eliza poll, the tekken force girl or the old man, of course Kunimitsu isn't impossible either, as well as Wang that i'd be down with, and others i haven't mentioned.

Also since it's trade to have guest, this may finally be the time for Kazuma Kiryu to made it into Tekken, personally speaking i would love Tifa Lockhart.

Your toughs, are you hype about a potential Season 3? If yes which characters would you like to see, or think that will be in?

Discuss
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
It will not happen. This is not Street Fighter 5. Period.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
B...but, it's supposed to be a good time to be a Tekken fan.

Harada also announced on stage that Bandai Namco is gonna be doing a lot more to support TWT this year. The revenue from S2 would probably be the reason for it. That money probably tasted so good they won't be able to say no to a S3.

Le Saison Trois Pour La Poing De La Fer 7 is gonna happen. And I'm gonna bet the money I was saving up to buy Season 2 on 70% discount on it.

But my bet is that they're gonna limit the characters to 3 or 4, and also bring in other content like maybe missing modes or a continuation of the story or a Classic Costumes DLC.

I'm not gonna hype myself up or anything though. Cos' it's still paid content and some of the easy-peasy-lemon-squeazy things they could have done for free are still not done. After all, even though they're bringing back the old stages after 2 almost years, they're not bringing back all the vanilla ones. It's just Vanilla Jungle, Vanilla Twilight and the VR stage. No unbroken wall mishima dojo, no sunny dragon's nest, no midday souq. No story mode stages either. I really wanted the Lee Corp or Lee Zaibatsu corridor stage.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken7 has already run its course home version wise. It's all just about the current full year at e-sports again that they are looking into, and that will be all.

Most requested characters already made in to the roster on season2 don't forget. ok season 3 featuring who, zafina, alex and roger?

Expecting a third season is not even sensible at all.

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
You could argue that if there was a third season, they might include the rest of the vanilla stages with it. However, I think it'd be safer to say they'll be paid DLC just like the first bunch.

Aside from the stages, I really don't think there's much else they could add to the game. Including even more characters, game modes or gameplay mechanics would just make the game even more of a clusterfuck than it already is.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
It might be, it might not be...... something will be announced At Evo tho..... lol @ Fernandito’s assumption being the only sensible one..... this is a competitive year in fighting games, Tekken can fade in a dust, or they can do something to keep their game relevant

There are plenty of characters that others would welcome .... “most requested” is subjective..... plenty of stages, costumes, etc.....if not, so be it.
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
next iteration would probably be tekken 8

the remaining unreleased characters dont really generate a lot of hype and we usually get a new tekken every 4-5 yrs granted t7 is probably the most successful for the last decade its starting to show its age
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I really don't want a season 3. Tekken 7 is getting old. We normally would have heard something about the next Tekken by now. Hopefully the next announcement is for Tekken 8.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
It's kind of hard to digest though that they'd possibly just abandon Ganryu and the gang until the next Tekken or maybe even longer.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
That wouldn't be a bad idea if they save the remaining character for T8 but i mean when you think about it next game is gonna be Tekken X SF, so Tekken 8 may take a while, that's enough of a reason to make me want to see more future content for T7, of course even tho the online is garbage but T7 is still good enough and fun gameplaywise.

Maybe a season 3 with mostly new character like SFV season 2. There are already those characters from the Eliza poll as well as Rodeo and korean girl, and i'm pretty sure they have some new characters concepts, of course we also need to keep in mind that making new characters take more time than bribing back legacy character (i guess)
dasichiban
Kyu
PSN: Dasichiban07
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Season 3 wishlist

Ganryu, Zafina, Bruce, Kunimitsu, Rodeo, Shuwawei (I think that’s the Korean girl’s name) and a another guess character. I hope it’s mr harada’s character model for the latest neegan trailer

I would love to see Christie, Jun, and devil return even if there are palette swaps. And are we ever going get to play as kid kazuya or devil Kazumi..
We need at least 3 more stages and a ton of customizations ... I keep feeling like they are going to and a tag mechanic..
Haseeb_Zaibatsu
2nd Dan
PSN: Haseeb-I
XBL: iBurnouts
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't think there will be a Season 3, the chances are maybe 20% ? Markman clearly said on reddit that keeping the game as service is never as beneficial for them than releasing a new game. I don't think there's more that can be milked off of Tekken 7 at this point. The gameplay is rich as it gets, with the new addition of wall-bounce recently, I think the game is fairly saturated when it comes to gameplay. It's already a lot of work now, I don't think there's a fighter as complex as Tekken 7 right now. Adding more to gameplay in season 3 will only make it worse imo,
I don't want any new character either. We already have 45 characters and it's tremendous amount of labbing already to learn the matchup. It only makes it more frustrating to get new characters. Tekken 7 already has more characters than Tag 2 at this point, and people complained a lot about Tag 2's huge roster.
More balance changes will only bring instability to game imo.
The only thing I guess they could add to season 3 is maybe more stages, new modes like replay theater etc. But I guess that's something they're probably saving for next Tekken game. So to me, Season 3 doesn't seem very likely.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Haseeb_Zaibatsu
I don't think there will be a Season 3, the chances are maybe 20% ? Markman clearly said on reddit that keeping the game as service is never as beneficial for them than releasing a new game.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

But I think that statement pretty much holds for every fighting game. I don't know what Markman said exactly and what the context was, but maybe he meant that they can't keep T7 going over a long period of time like maybe 5 years or something.

Season pass sales being lower compared to initial sales is a given. Diminishing returns is a given. I don't think fighting game season passes are designed for large volume sales. That is why Season 2 costs $30, half of the main game even though it carries a fraction of the content. The devs know they can't expect big numbers. They recover their costs and make their profits from the fewer number of sales by pricing it higher, and mostly relying on the hardcore crowd to deliver their money.

We're around 4 years into arcade T7 and 2 years into console Tekken 7, and the interest still seems to be fairly strong going by Namco's press releases on how they are happy with Tekken's performance and how the company plans to further support the e-sports scene. A company increasing support for e-sports (or investing in keeping the e-sports scene satisfied and coming back for more) this far into the game's lifecycle could also mean they've also got some interests that can take advantage of this situation.... like releasing a S3 knowing they've got the support of this crowd.

They just released some of the Season 1 & 2 content on the arcade. I'm guessing they're gonna release the rest of the characters in a staggered manner and smoothly transition into Season 3.

Maybe Markman's statement doesn't necessarily mean S3 is off the boards. Maybe it's just that in a vaccum, it is comparatively better for them to release a new game than keep running seasons. Because they also have to consider the timing of bringing a new game out... especially when the market is saturated with fighting games like now. I think at times like these, it would make sense to keep an existing well-performing product going and see where it can go.

TLDR: Nah bru, chances are a lot more than 20% IMO.

------------
------------

Originally posted by SSfox
Maybe a season 3 with mostly new character like SFV season 2. There are already those characters from the Eliza poll as well as Rodeo and korean girl, and i'm pretty sure they have some new characters concepts, of course we also need to keep in mind that making new characters take more time than bribing back legacy character (i guess)

If they make a S3, I don't want to see any new characters either, apart from maybe Kazuma Kiryu, and maybe the taekwondo girl if she gets baek's movelist. The odds for Baek look pretty slim anyway.

IMO, the best fit for S3 would be:
Kunimitsu
Wang or Ganryu
Alex or Dr.B or both (T7 is sorely lacking troll characters).

3 characters are enough. And 1 guest character if they still have it in them to make another one.

Also, I think they can still tie up some loose ends story-wise. Such as why is Kazumi even in the game? Did they design 2 characters (Kazumi and Devil Kazumi) for the sake of 1 flashback scene and 1 pointless arcade ending? Why does she appear as the final boss in the arcade mode when she's already killed off by Heihachi in the past?

Last edited by dodecadozen on Feb 21st, 2019 at 13:39

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree they should go ahead and see how far T7 can go. At the same time, a Season 3 would likely prolong the game's lifespan to the point where people would just be frustrated, desperately waiting for the next game to be announced. Somehow Namco needs to find a way to make the most out of the game without extending its lifespan at the cost of the next Tekken.

As for characters, the roster is getting pretty clogged now, especially for a 1v1 Tekken. As much as I'd love to see the return of characters like Jun, Bruce and Wang, I really don't think adding more characters is a good idea. Too much is just too much.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Idk, to me roster size should only be a issue with noobs...... game has been out for 2 years, if you’re late to any game, you will get overwhelmed online...... They might as well make this the Ultimate (UMvC roster size)version of Tekken, which opens the next title to more innovation in mechanics opposed to inclusion of certain characters.

Game has been well balanced to this point.... look at the variety of charters in top 8s compared to the Jack/Drag era.... A vet labbing a new character should be a refreshing challenge, not a choir.... but oh well

Final point, Ash just shook up the scene, and was recently interviewed by ESPN. JDCR, Knee, Qudans all look vulnerable. Internationally the competition is getting very thick. If Harada announces a huge pot for TWT, the drama will be intense. To not capitalize off the attention this game will receive wouldn’t make sense. It’s obvious something is coming, small or big. A extension of Tekken 7s lifespan doesn’t negate the possiblity of the next project being announced.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
So seems it may happen:

Season 3??
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
So seems it may happen:

Kenny Omega as guest character in Season 3?
SSfox
Foxstepman
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Kenny seems To be a Nice guy but i don't care/ want him in Tekken. If we're about To get a real life person then it should be JCVD.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
JCVD playing SF movie Guile as guest character in Tekken 7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't believe one word