enko
Champion
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
A mid tier?
alexr
Raijin
PSN: TeamKandR
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
He seems strong! His damage output is pretty enormous.

If nothing else, he's *super* fun, and that counts for a lot.
Signature blog it out! http://alexr-fightgames.tumblr.com
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
A tier...... nice improvements, more 50/50s, strong damage

just tough execution, as usual..... his rage drive is tougher to apply compared than others .....JDCR will be a god with him again
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Haven't played him much since I'm into Marduk big time. I have played with him a couple of times without using the new stuff, and he feels just as good as always. Can't notice a nerf in his old moveset.

And yes, looking forward to seeing JDCR in next tournament rememorating those old glorious T6 days of mopping the floor with Knee's ass with AK. Can't wait
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Am i the only one who's Stun on how amazing AK character modele looks? Just picked him for the first time and i can't even focus on learning him because he looks just too SICK!!!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Insta-customized him to his former clothes day1. And of course then another shirtless customization with hair in the chest and tanga so I feel double good when crushing and then stomping the effeminate filth with d4,4,4

lightbeast
Legend
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
His new default outfit is pretty cool, looks like a mix of something Devil Jin would wear and Shinnok from MKX because of those cloth bits.

Had a quick run through with him in practice. Someone explain what that rage drive is about?
mach one
Virtuoso
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lightbeast
His new default outfit is pretty cool, looks like a mix of something Devil Jin would wear and Shinnok from MKX because of those cloth bits.

Had a quick run through with him in practice. Someone explain what that rage drive is about?

AK's RD is an unseeable high unblockable which has a unique property. it disables throw break for 24f after hit. any throw you land during that window is free damage.

usually this guarantees an iSW for 40 dmg. at close range you can get a TS for 58 or a GS for 70 if you're backing the wall.

on temple floors this is just straight up murder. TS gives 58 dmg plus backturned FB! df2+3 is 40 plus normal FB! either way you can easily get 80+ dmg.
lightbeast
Legend
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
aha, thanks for that.
enko
Champion
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
The Best Armor King In The World Has Spoken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQg_1o1pgos
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DinoTheDonDaDa
A tier...... nice improvements, more 50/50s, strong damage

just tough execution, as usual..... his rage drive is tougher to apply compared than others .....JDCR will be a god with him again

His execution canít be worse than say.... Ninaís method right..
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm playing Marduk infinitely more than AK in tekken7, when in previouis instalment I did the complete opposite.

It looks like jdcr still don't want to learn the ultimate tekken 7 lesson has given to us all after all these tournaments, and it is that you can now win with any character of the roster.

This is not the t6-tag2 days anymore bro. You still pick up characters based on tournament suitability (with the exception of heihachi), and those days are long gone, not to mention that those who use "lower tier" chars have already got very used to the folks like you at tournaments using "tier a" characters 24/7, hence you are struggling so much lately.

Same has happened with Knee lately, with the exception that Knee can play and win with any character of the roster, but he will still pretty much use "tier 1" stuff.

You scared of using Marduk for instance jdcr?, haven't you seen a panda winning a tournament last day?, and a Katarina?; and a Josie?, and...

enko
Champion
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
I'm playing Marduk infinitely more than AK in tekken7, when in previouis instalment I did the complete opposite.

It looks like jdcr still don't want to learn the ultimate tekken 7 lesson has given to us all after all these tournaments, and it is that you can now win with any character of the roster.

This is not the t6-tag2 days anymore bro. You still pick up characters based on tournament suitability (with the exception of heihachi), and those days are long gone, not to mention that those who use "lower tier" chars have already got very used to the folks like you at tournaments using "tier a" characters 24/7, hence you are struggling so much lately.

Same has happened with Knee lately, with the exception that Knee can play and win with any character of the roster, but he will still pretty much use "tier 1" stuff.

You scared of using Marduk for instance jdcr?, haven't you seen a panda winning a tournament last day?, and a Katarina?; and a Josie?, and...

jdcr can play many characters at good level. he has good steve, bryan etc. i remember jdcr using steve(casual) against super akouma and jdcr 4-0 him that super akouma asked jdcr to use other characters against him. so I think jdcr knows that in tekken 7 you can counter pick with other characters. maybe jdcr does not have the passion to practice other characters. if ak is not released i doubt that jdcr will release a video this early of the year. i have sense that jdcr only play characters that he loves. and example of them are heihachi and armor king. jdcr does not play female characters. imagine jdcr's movement with lili. .jdcr is not the type of player that will practice tekken all day long like knee. in an interview jdcr mentioned once that he only plays 1 hour of tekken everyday. jdcr does not even do death matches anymore.

at least with armor king jdcr now has the versatility to use heihachi, dragunov and armor king based on his opponent and the character. for 2019, i hope jdcr do death matches again, practice more and try to counter pick if the character he is using is not working, and live stream again.
enko
Champion
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Good to see jdcr streaming again.

https://www.twitch.tv/jdcr
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
His execution canít be worse than say.... Ninaís method right..

Depends.... Nina's wall carry is pretty tough, but spamming qcf1 in combos also works.... the backsway cancel is tricky.....and keeping precision in her SS1 pressure is hard as well.... but she has a nice list of simple cheap moves to not rely on the advance stuff..... plenty of plus frame moves as well

after a few matches with AK, I can say, you can still get nice damage doing staple moves.... Its just the max damage that requires some high execution.. most of the cast have quick mid hitting rage drives that are plus on block, pretty much a free card to toss out at the end of a round... AK's is a duckable high you likely have to use on a tech trap with a window to input a grab otherwise its wasted... that's insane to me, and like Steve, he could use a second RD as an alternative to that gimmicky one.....AK also lacks in plus frame moves..... I'm not sure why they didn't make his f4 +5 like Kazuya's, that would really open up his game
Ashesfall
Fighter
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
after a few matches with AK, I can say, you can still get nice damage doing staple moves.... Its just the max damage that requires some high execution.. most of the cast have quick mid hitting rage drives that are plus on block, pretty much a free card to toss out at the end of a round... AK's is a duckable high you likely have to use on a tech trap with a window to input a grab otherwise its wasted... that's insane to me, and like Steve, he could use a second RD as an alternative to that gimmicky one.....AK also lacks in plus frame moves..... I'm not sure why they didn't make his f4 +5 like Kazuya's, that would really open up his game

his RD is duckable but unblockable and fast.
with rage, AKs mids become way better now just for the fact he has such a RD as a tool
steves first RD was very slow and only kinda useable at the wall for +7 (in the open just +1)
using AKs RD in a tech trap will make it a true unblockable setup, even more stronger as a tool

AKs plus moves: f4 and uf1+2 +2 and forced crouch, db1+2 +3, b1+2 +1(great ch fishing tool), CD1 +6 till +10(range), fff3 +10GB, fff3+4 +17, FCdf2 a NH launcher mid +1, ff3 is 0 but worth mentioning and his CD1+2 can also be seen as a pressure tool for +7 if no duck.
i dont see AK lacks plus moves in his gameplay

oh and AKs f4 is hitting grounded, so its already outstanding ... especially with his throwgame in mind, kaz doesnt even have

AK in t7 is very strong but has some execution barriers like mishimas
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
his RD is duckable but unblockable and fast.
with rage, AKs mids become way better now just for the fact he has such a RD as a tool
steves first RD was very slow and only kinda useable at the wall for +7 (in the open just +1)
using AKs RD in a tech trap will make it a true unblockable setup, even more stronger as a tool

AKs plus moves: f4 and uf1+2 +2 and forced crouch, db1+2 +3, b1+2 +1(great ch fishing tool), CD1 +6 till +10(range), fff3 +10GB, fff3+4 +17, FCdf2 a NH launcher mid +1, ff3 is 0 but worth mentioning and his CD1+2 can also be seen as a pressure tool for +7 if no duck.
i dont see AK lacks plus moves in his gameplay

oh and AKs f4 is hitting grounded, so its already outstanding ... especially with his throwgame in mind, kaz doesnt even have

AK in t7 is very strong but has some execution barriers like mishimas

The RD has its use.... but his CD1 already makes his mid game pretty strong from cd... and just to add on, most rage drives have multiple uses..... like I mentioned before, most can be thrown in the open for plus frames; on top of being launch starters.... the same drives can be used to extend a juggle to finish a round..... take Marduk's for instance... +7 in the open and does insane damage post launch, little execution needed..... AK is specific, and you can very well drop the opportunity going for the wrong throw

for the plus frames moves... lets avoid the fff stuff, that's almost universal.... in a poking situation, you do db1+2 or f4, at only +3, your kind of stuck with the df1 or hard reading the opponent... cool... but I'd like to see a small buff to b1+2 and db1+2 tho... one or two measly frames lol ... add a rage drive and he is S tier
Ashesfall
Fighter
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
The RD has its use.... but his CD1 already makes his mid game pretty strong from cd...

its still such a difference as his RD leads to guaranteed damage and maybe the round
as i said, it makes his mids even stronger when AK is in rage

and fff stuff is for sure not universal

in a poking situation just 1(+1) is always a good universal tool combined with his fantastic df1 13f mid +7 and only -1 on block.
he for sure dont need to be afraid of frames as he has on top a great punch parry tool

b1+4 also a fun tool
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
its still such a difference as his RD leads to guaranteed damage and maybe the round
as i said, it makes his mids even stronger when AK is in rage

and fff stuff is for sure not universal

in a poking situation just 1(+1) is always a good universal tool combined with his fantastic df1 13f mid +7 and only -1 on block.
he for sure dont need to be afraid of frames as he has on top a great punch parry tool

b1+4 also a fun tool

hard reads, parries, instant while running slash kicks, and a situational rage drive....... AK is fun to play, Ive had success with em, but u gotta admit the high execution aspect lol....cmon dude
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm with Ashesfall on this. You don't really need execution to get going with AK.

Yeah, the rage drive is kind of hit or miss. But AK has such a good mix up game, especially with the wave dash and throws that I don't think you're forced to be predictable with the RD. And the rewards are damn good when you hit with it. Just wish Armor King also had King's irish whip.

Moreover, AK has decent pressure relief moves like d1, 4, b1+4, u\b1. He's got more-than-decent lows, a wave dash, good range on a lot of moves for that CH, good homing moves, the d\f 3+4 (which has an auto low-parry) cancel gimmicks. And the throw game on top. I don't really see the need for high execution.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!