Story assist trash in online mode now

Page Splits <12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
autocombo is fine any other game that has autocombos (mvci dbfz) have unoptimized combos anyway.. let the newer players stand a chance in ranked

you guys should be complaining about assists where you can have a 1 button perfect input ewgf,otgf,jfsr etc.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DinoTheDonDaDa
if ur in a laggy match, u should match with someone else

We don't get to choose who we match with. And no, the pre-match screen showing 4 or 5 bars doesn't always mean that connection will actually be the one you're going to be playing on.

Hell, I remember TheMainMan fighting a Gigas player on his stream and the entire fight was literally in slow motion despite the connection showing 4 or 5 bars.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
We don't get to choose who we match with. And no, the pre-match screen showing 4 or 5 bars doesn't always mean that connection will actually be the one you're going to be playing on.

Hell, I remember TheMainMan fighting a Gigas player on his stream and the entire fight was literally in slow motion despite the connection showing 4 or 5 bars.

if every match ur getting is deceptive lag, u should troubleshoot ur connection.... Im on console and I rarely experience those issues...
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
When I heard of the auto feature I was like wtf as well. Then some minutes later I started thinking about it and realized that it's only gonna matter in lower ranks, probably up to green or a lost yellow maybe. So we'll probably never even encounter it.
And if we do, as someone here said as well, they have to launch you first. And do you think that any half decent player is going to use the auto juggle system?

So this might attract new players getting to learn the game a bit without it being too discouraging and might actually stick around to want to learn actual juggles and discover a whole new world.

I do wish this wouldn't apply to ranked though...
Signature s3:
MmickeysS
Virtuoso
PSN: MmickeysS
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
This is like complaining about 10-hit combos
Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
if every match ur getting is deceptive lag, u should troubleshoot ur connection.... Im on console and I rarely experience those issues...

It takes two to tango, meaning that my opponent's connection also affects the quality of the match. The match is going to suck if either player's connection is bad and bad Internet connections seem to be quite common here in Europe.

It's true that the "fake connection" issue is less common in T7, especially on PC, but even some 4 bars are still pretty bad.
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
If someone is bad enough that they need help doing simple combos, they are not going to be good enough to land many launchers. I don't think this will change much. The people this is targeting are far too weak of players to be a concern to us.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
It takes two to tango, meaning that my opponent's connection also affects the quality of the match. The match is going to suck if either player's connection is bad and bad Internet connections seem to be quite common here in Europe.

It's true that the "fake connection" issue is less common in T7, especially on PC, but even some 4 bars are still pretty bad.

Oh ok... I'm in the US, I guess it could be a big difference
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MmickeysS
This is like complaining about 10-hit combos
yeah man straight away the same.

Jeez what comical dimension do these lovebirds spawn from

Originally posted by Abigan2K
let the newer players stand a chance in ranked
ok let's allow, even on Ranked (LeLz). You know what comes next if we do, right?

Originally posted by Abigan2K you guys should be complaining about assists where you can have a 1 button perfect input ewgf,otgf,jfsr etc.
isn't that going to be the case as well?, only simple combos?, no I don't think so. If it is going to be like the story mode assist, then you know what's coming
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
The funny thing is that Namco goes through all this trouble and uses all these resources for changes in the game's mechanics to make the game more accessible to beginners, yet all they needed to do was add a tutorial mode.
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
I initially thought autocombos were not an issue for intermediate to advanced players, but now I think otherwise.

In a tight game, in which you need one combo to win, you can use an autocombo to basically guarantee that you will not drop the juggle, thereby taking the round. Those clutch juggles are often the most easy to drop due to jitters, so having an autocombo option in those situations really does take away from the competitiveness of the game.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Exactly. And then you see people defending this. Not normal at all, I mean they

Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I think it should be removed. I'm all for ways to reduce the learning curve, so long as they don't disrupt high level play.

And I highly doubt that this feature will do much to generate interest in the game...I can't think of any other game that implemented a braindead feature like this. If you don't want to bother learning something as basic as a juggle, you're probably not going to be interested in this game at all.
grumpy64
War Lord
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
The people that will use auto combos are the same people that will drop Tekken the moment the next new thing comes along. So I highly doubt it will bring a pleothera of new players to the game
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Chinky-Eye
I initially thought autocombos were not an issue for intermediate to advanced players, but now I think otherwise.

In a tight game, in which you need one combo to win, you can use an autocombo to basically guarantee that you will not drop the juggle, thereby taking the round. Those clutch juggles are often the most easy to drop due to jitters, so having an autocombo option in those situations really does take away from the competitiveness of the game.

But the advance player is getting max damage, wall carry, Oki set ups..... if you lose to someone using training wheels vs your 10-speed mountain bike, you deserve the loss
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
It's not a big deal. Doesn't bother me.

Most decent players know how to do combos. These easy combos are well...easy and not really worth it, I am guessing.
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
But the advance player is getting max damage, wall carry, Oki set ups..... if you lose to someone using training wheels vs your 10-speed mountain bike, you deserve the loss

How many games have you seen where it's down to the wire and one player gets a lucky launch, only to screw up the combo and end up losing the game? With autocombos, you will never have to worry about dropping a combo like that. It removes a crucial human error part of the game, and for that reason it should be removed.

I don't care about the autocombo itself in general. Of course it isn't optimized and better players will have to rely on manual juggles. The one situation I described above is the only real problem I have, but it's enough that I think the feature should be removed.
kasper2k
Kyu
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
As a new player, I don't want a combo assist. I haven't bothered with it.

I want them to include a tutorial to tell me how to get off the ground without being pummelled. That information is nowhere in the game :/

So I appreciate the thought, but they are seriously misguided.

Very lucky that the Tekken community is as good as it is so that new players can learn.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
^Back to 1995.