Tekken 7 FR: Random Rants, Chits, and Chats VOL VI

Page Splits 123>...35
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Random chit chat. Hottest topics around. Read all about it!
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Volume six already. Long we've walked
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Sugar Free
Raijin
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok so for those who know TMM, he made a reputation of himself being a whiner over the years.
He's also a Mishima elitist, meaning usually you're either "Dourya!!" or else a pathetic player.

With that premise, I can generally respect the man himself, he's a good entertainer, and also the player, cause playing Kaz is hard and I mean, HARD, especially online.
He made it to Revered Ruler with him and , a part from the rank, he plays WELL.
Definitely not the average player by any means.

Now, I watch him to step up my Kaz, and at the beginning he was one of those notorious faces praising the game at launch, saying it was awesome and all.
I never shared his opinion, but he's not stupid, and my personal opinion is that he set his mood so high for T7 cause for him it has has been a huge step forward from TTT2, which he hated with a passion (something I also do not agree with).
Also, again, he's not stupid: it's easy to understand how talking badly about the game could be counter productive for him.

Well, long story short, stream after stream (and it's been a year of T7 now), I could personally tell an obvious contrast in his words when he was openly voicing his "official" opinion about T7 AND when he was more spontaneously commenting about this or that about the game when he was playing (yes, ignoring the obviously raging ones).
Something I never actively paid attention to, but it became kinda obvious over time.

UNTIL, in yesterday's stream at 29:58, he finally spontaneously murmured something in disappointment while playing against Fergus' Eliza, something I'm asking myself since release: "What happened to Tekken..?".

Might be of little importance for most, but it unespectedly struck me.
TMM is a veteran player, someone who played every single Tekken title, he loves the brand, he's always been an enthusiast defender of Tekken.
You just don't state such a thing if moments before you loved the game.
So, I realized he's either in denial, lying to himself and probably about to go through the remaining 4 phases of grief, OR, he always knew (or has come to the realization at some point) that T7 is shit and just needed to fuel it, like his colleagues, to keep it relevant.

Either way, I found this whole thing very sad.

I know, kinda random, but hey, this' the right thread no?

Next up is Aris, another individual apparently affected by the "T7 pwns, TTT2 sucks" idiocy.
Matter of time?
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Good that you brought this up. No idea what's up with TMM. I'd say too that he understands pretty well, but still puffs up the game to be what it's not just for the stream $$$.

Unlike him tho, Aris has a pretty unambitious attitude about the game. He's still in the lower red ranks and obviously enjoying the game for what it is. He's openly said in past videos how utterly shit the story mode is, how he doesn't enjoy the music, and how he doesn't give a shit about customization and anything else other than online. I suppose he gets good, consistent connections most of the time for him to enjoy online and he's been playing on PC from the start. Besides, he's got a good set of people to hang with to play offline. Moreover, since he doesn't take the game seriously anymore, he can afford to joke away the stage\hitbox-hurtbox goof ups of the game as "Harada's finger" and "email Harada" and all that. Not to mention he likes playing Geese.

He's adamant about Tag2 being garbage, but also admitted that him thinking so was partly a subjective thing since tag 2 came out during a difficult time for him.

The guy only cares about the general gameplay of a tekken game... and he's got pretty low expectations to start with. He doesn't even complain about Wang and Armor King (whom he used to play often) not being in and shit. But then, he recently admitted that from a player's perspective, T7 would be better off without rage arts.

With someone like him to borrow opinions from, I'm sure a lot of his followers don't significantly feel the lack in quality and quantity of T7 either. This guy is a sedative for fandom.

I dobn't think it is a "matter of time" question for him, atleast until the next tekken... I mean, unless T7 changes significantly.

I do hope they've got plans to change the game significantly.
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
It boggles my mind how dudes will talk shit about TTT2, then with a straight face turn around and stan a game that has SF4's dick in its mouth. Tag 2 was not perfect but I was at least playing Tekken. The Overall disappointing product, dumbing down of everything that has made Tekken what it is along with fighting against all the new characters and the guests just has me blurting out to the gods"WTF is this shit?"
Signature
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
ttt2 was crap you spent most of your time either juggling and or getting juggled than actually playing tekken (even if you had 2 lifebars).. hopkicks were insanely overpowered in that game since you get about 80+ damage with TAs and probably around the 100 range with walls + oki. on block you risk only about 30-40 damage.. in summary ttt2 is an offensive game where the game strongly favors yolo/random launchers. This got heavily nerfed in t7

T7 is a step on the right direction. True fans do not like dlc chars but we have no choice but to adapt. Namco is actually risking losing their hardcore fanbase to appeal to the rest of the fgc community I hope it pays off

Evos T7 numbers are the highest a tekken game has ever gotten esp compred to ttt2 so that speaks volumes compared to minor complaints we have here in tz
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Fuck Evo. Of course the numbers are up when it appeals to sensibilities of 2d players.
Signature
Sugar Free
Raijin
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Abigan2K
ttt2 was crap
Then you have no idea what crap is.

TTT2, a part from liking the gameplay or not, which is subjective (when it doesn't involve broken mechanics, like T7's wall surfing, hitbox/hurtbox's parody, position switch after rage art initial animation etc. etc. etc.) was a proper, complete game, to say the very least: it had the best netcode a Tekken game has ever had, auto-saved replays of the latest matches, a true customization mode, full set of offline modes, ALL THE FUCKING CHARACTERS EVER except Gon and the plus list goes on and on.

TTT2 is, to this day, a better standalone videogame and a better Tekken game overall.

T7 fails even when it comes to subjectively liking its gameplay, since it has TONS of broken parts.
One example out of literally hundreds out there: a friggin' low hitting Lee out of his hopkick.
I'm guessing you don't play the game very often, or you don't watch streams: shit like that is a daily thing.

At this point I'm really annoyed by blind people like you, we've all been cheated and you cannot even notice.

Every part of the game is shit, reaching bottom lows in Tekken's history from the music to even the smallest details.
I mean have you even had a look at Noctis hair???? IT'S-FUCKING-PIXELATED!! It's 2018 and it's a Tekken game, c'mon!
The budget and the effort in this game's production is so low I have my eyes forcedly crossed every time I look at that metrosexual pseudo-japanese teen's hair.

T7 is a step on the right direction.
T7 is 90% of what Tekken should have never been.
It's Tekken X Street Fighter's beta sold as a full product and you don't even realize it.
lightbeast
Legend
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I preferred Tag 2 any day of the week. It played better, it looked better, it had World Arena, the online actually worked, I enjoyed picking two characters.

T7 home version has been one mismanaged clusterfuck after another ever since release. So many stupid decisions. Crap DLC nobody asked for, while the obvious slam-dunk things that everyone has been screaming for are mysteriously left out - let's put a Final Fantasy character in there and in the process fuck up the online gameplay! And there are glitches and things that have never been fixed.

When the three year wait for Tekken 8 or whatever the next one is starts, if anyone tries to pull the "the delay/arcade money/etc will lead to a better product" card...I'm just gonna be like That's unless I just walk away from the series for good.
bob in der bahn
Iron Fist God
PSN: bob_at
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sugar Free
One example out of literally hundreds out there: a friggin' low hitting Lee out of his hopkick.

things like that happened in EVERY tekken so far

edit:
because tekken thats how tekken was coded from the start
you are not invincible against low attacks if you are in the air..you can (crush) duck mids etc..

it's and always has been hit frames + hitbox vs hit frames + hitbox
Signature i has a bucket !
SSfox
Foxstepman
#11 “Quote” Edit Post

It's Tekken X Street Fighter's beta sold as a full product and you don't even realize it.

Hurt too much to admit, specially after that 3 years so called "arcade cycle". But yes, THIS is so TRUE.

T7 isn't even truly Tekken, or at least it don't feel that much Tekken to me. Like a french expression says: "avoir le cul entre deux chaises". Means having your butt between 2 chairs, that's the actual case for T7, if you see the point.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
TTT2, a part from liking the gameplay or not, which is subjective was a proper, complete game, to say the very least: it had the best netcode a Tekken game has ever had, auto-saved replays of the latest matches, a true customization mode, full set of offline modes, ALL THE FUCKING CHARACTERS EVER except Gon and the plus list goes on and on.

This. Except the customization bit. I mean, it was good by itself but dropped the ball on improving on T6.

As a well rounded game, we didn't realise how good we had it with Tag2 until we lost that in T7. I did miss a Tekken Force mode in Tag 2, but still I used to play 4-5 times a week compared to T7 which I've played maybe 4 times in the last 4 months.

T7 fails even when it comes to subjectively liking its gameplay, since it has TONS of broken parts.

To be fair, hitbox issues and such aren't really a big concern unless you play competitively. From a casual or semi-serious player's perspective, that kind of occasional unpredictability is really not a deal breaker.

Even from a competitor's perspective, going by how popular the game is, I guess a lot of people don't mind too much there either. There must be something the game must be doing right, or atleast well, to attract such a crowd despite these issues.

Every part of the game is shit, reaching bottom lows in Tekken's history from the music to even the smallest details.

There's a lot of nice things about the game, just the bad parts do a frickin total eclipse on the good parts. Just making the stages more interesting and keeping the musical style from T6 around would have made for a much more positive impression.

Man, someone needs to open a dissection thread discussing all the things T7 got wrong in minute detail, so team tekken can get it right the next time.
Sugar Free
Raijin
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by bob in der bahn
things like that happened in EVERY tekken so far

edit:
because tekken thats how tekken was coded from the start
I'm sorry I come out rude, but this one bit tells heaps about how much you don't know what you are talking about.

ALL the previous Tekkens used a proprietary engine, developed by Namco specifically.
T7 uses a third party engine, Unreal 4, so even though tons of assets and code could be borrowed, MOST of the core has been made from scratch, with the rest being ported and/or converted/adapted.

To people who've played competitively since Tekken 5DR this is particularly evident after playing for a few hours, but this is subjective and not technical, the previous fact stands.

Also, no, shit like that was RARE and very specific to SOME characters.
I mean do you remember the Lars u/f+3 meme? It was so popular and fun BECAUSE it was HELLA fringe and specific to that ONE move of that ONE character.
Meme's like those just cannot be conceived in T7, where every other match something idiotic and UNINTENDED happens.

Rest of your post is gibberish I won't even consider, sorry.

Originally posted by dodecadozen
This. Except the customization bit. I mean, it was good by itself but dropped the ball on improving on T6.
100% agree, the bit was more of a comparison between TTT2 and T7.
To be fair, hitbox issues and such aren't really a big concern unless you play competitively. From a casual or semi-serious player's perspective, that kind of occasional unpredictability is really not a deal breaker.
I do and it's a deal breaker.
Consistency as been a constant in Tekken, the closest to perfection a fighting game has ever managed.
T7 is a MESS in that regard, almost chaotic if you really wanna dive deep into it.
Even from a competitor's perspective, going by how popular the game is, I guess a lot of people don't mind too much there either. There must be something the game must be doing right, or atleast well, to attract such a crowd despite these issues.
With T7, they did everything in their power to obtain max reward by making it appealing to crowds with minimal effort.
The game is all about the visuals and the hype, with slowmo, rage arts and 2D characters being there RIGHT for this purpose.
That's why it attracts crowds, it was their aim since the start at the cost of original playability and enjoyment.

Last edited by Sugar Free on May 8th, 2018 at 00:14

Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Then you have no idea what crap is.

TTT2, a part from liking the gameplay or not, which is subjective (when it doesn't involve broken mechanics, like T7's wall surfing, hitbox/hurtbox's parody, position switch after rage art initial animation etc. etc. etc.) was a proper, complete game, to say the very least: it had the best netcode a Tekken game has ever had, auto-saved replays of the latest matches, a true customization mode, full set of offline modes, ALL THE FUCKING CHARACTERS EVER except Gon and the plus list goes on and on.

TTT2 is, to this day, a better standalone videogame and a better Tekken game overall.

I'm guessing you don't play the game very often, or you don't watch streams: shit like that is a daily thing.

At this point I'm really annoyed by blind people like you, we've all been cheated and you cannot even notice.

I mean have you even had a look at Noctis hair???? IT'S-FUCKING-PIXELATED!! It's 2018 and it's a Tekken game, c'mon!
The budget and the effort in this game's production is so low I have my eyes forcedly crossed every time I look at that metrosexual pseudo-japanese teen's hair.

T7 is 90% of what Tekken should have never been.

crap for me is not using your brain in an fg.. when you spend most of your time in a match getting comboed or comboing (brainless muscle memory)with an oki option for instakill or another 50-50 to the incoming tag crash ; it sucks the shit out of the essence of the game.. maybe you play at very low levels that matches dont turn that way.. theres a reason why a lot of the hardcore enthusiasts say that the game was crap.. bec it was at its very core

lets not forget we had killing hawk the first year ttt2 which made the game essentially dead on arrival at the arcades.

T7 is not a perfect game but at its very core it fixes all the crap ttt2 had

i personally love br more but i understand that namco is a business and catering to casuals is a reality existing players should adapt to
Sugar Free
Raijin
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
crap for me is not using your brain in an fg..
Now now, let's apply that to real life, shall we.
maybe you play at very low levels that matches dont turn that way
Lol, Lars tier provocation there.
i personally love br more but i understand that namco is a business and catering to casuals is a reality existing players should adapt to
Yup, figured you'd be the kind of guy who likes to bow to capitalistic business instead of applying critical reasoning to everyday life, that's why I gave back my copy of T7 to amazon and you didn't, to whoever your seller was.

I still try to play it just because I got it gifted back by an unsatisfied brotherly friend who didn't feel like going through the (admittedly easy, lol) process to get his money back.

Even though reasoning doesn't seem to be your forte, I respect the fact that you didn't like TTT2's gameplay.
That's different from saying TTT2 was crap, when the Tekken we have now is not even fully definable a Tekken game.
Hell, it hasn't been a complete game per se until after a couple months, when they fixed the online mode ( and then the input lag, for PS4).

If you enjoy it, more power to you.
Less power to the Iron Fist.
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol, it's still not a complete game. And the online, at least on PS4 has gotten worse which is quite the accomplishment because the servers were trash at launch.
Signature
CHANG39
Expert
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
T7 looks so bland compared to TT2, and I mean is the small details that TT2 had like when the characters start sweating, the character gets knocked down on the ground his/her body/clothes would get dirty wet accordingly.
It fucking sucks that TT2 sold so bad for a Tekken game, the stages, the music, the modes, the godlike online connectivity (why T7's online sucks is a mystery) the aesthetics (graphically speaking the game was very vibrant and pixilaty but in a good way).
It had it's problems (clones) but the good stuff far outweighs the bad areas.
lightbeast
Legend
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Saw a random gif on Wonkey's twitter a while back showing a bit of gameplay from T6. Being reminded what that game looked like just confirmed what I suspected was gonna happen: That T6 would still look better than T7. And it had the motion blur which T7 dosen't.
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Now now, let's apply that to real life, shall we.
Lol, Lars tier provocation there.
Yup, figured you'd be the kind of guy who likes to bow to capitalistic business instead of applying critical reasoning to everyday life, that's why I gave back my copy of T7 to amazon and you didn't, to whoever your seller was.

I still try to play it just because I got it gifted back by an unsatisfied brotherly friend who didn't feel like going through the (admittedly easy, lol) process to get his money back.

Even though reasoning doesn't seem to be your forte, I respect the fact that you didn't like TTT2's gameplay.
That's different from saying TTT2 was crap, when the Tekken we have now is not even fully definable a Tekken game.
Hell, it hasn't been a complete game per se until after a couple months, when they fixed the online mode ( and then the input lag, for PS4).

If you enjoy it, more power to you.
Less power to the Iron Fist.

look theres a reason why ttt2 is one of the lowest selling tekkens to date with only 1.5m copies while any other tekken (except tekken 1 for obvious reasons) sold more

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Tekken

t5 and t6 sold a hell lot more compared to your 'complete' ttt2 despite using the same engine

the game was flawed.. casuals didnt like it and now competitive players diss it.. (there was even a point in time where jdcr himself said the game was too random) you think the whole world went full retard except the vocal minority here in tz? i dont even remember the last time a competitive player posted here as opposed to 5 yrs ago.. the only years where evo didnt have a tekken was during ttt2s lifespan

these are all facts

t7 already sold double in december 2017 vs ttt2.. noctis patch (this year) probably sold a couple of thousands more

i for one do not like the 2d dlc guest characters.. i dont like meters in tekken.. i dont care about customizations..

if you like ttt2 then kudos to you.. id rather play a fighting game with someone than have nobody to play with
Ashesfall
Fighter
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
t7 already sold double in december 2017 vs ttt2.. noctis patch (this year) probably sold a couple of thousands more

this is a topic i kinda like to jump in

- i bought t7 for ps4 and pc (2 units and i know more who did that)
- 20+ year franchise now also reaches to a huge PC market (even tho fighters on PC are niche)
- this game has extra life after release through a season pass

what i want to say
i am not impressed by the sold numbers but its ok i guess
---
i played tt2 the last days for some online casual fun (solo marduk) i realized how much faster you find (different) players in such a old game. when i play t7 on ps4, it takes way longer to find games ...

the no cross play function is already doing its job in killing the population ...

i just wished tt2 had t7 throwbreak system (especially as a online only player)
---
tekken7 for sure lost a lot of appeal to me for many (personal) reasons even tho the (core)gameplay in tekken7 is really fun
still good enough to not quit the franchise and still hope for season 2 or a overhauled "ultra final" edition even tho i wont believe in it

ps: tt2 decal system is not perfect but for sure nice and better than nothing in compare
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -