Generic customization = Yet no new items?

Page Splits 123>...4
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
BlondeAssassin
Destroyer
PSN: DearApathy
XBL: PsykoBanana
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I was bummed about the customization feeling very watered down. We lost a majority of the depth we had to customization in Tekken 6 - everything from the body sections being condensed to even the hairstyle creation being watered down.

But - with the season pass and supposed updates, I had hope we'd get new items added through patches. Yet, there has been nothing. I can't believe I still don't have a playable version of Nina's black catsuit lol...

Thinking about when the free to play Soul Calibur game - there were items released pretty frequently.

So what's going on here? What do you guys think? And is there any hope of any items coming?
Signature It was nothing. Goodbye.
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Shit is retarded, I remember shortly before 7.0 dropped there was some article interviewing Harada and that onion faced bastard swore the customization was gonna be deeper than T6 and that they had all these guest artists making costumes for the characters. I kept those statements to heart until arcade players started uploading pictures of their customs and saw it was the same crap from TTT2 and I knew the feature was gonna be shit from then on.
Signature
SSfox
Foxstepman
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
If only customization was the only con of this game.
lightbeast
Legend
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I managed to knock up a couple of decent generic customs back in Tag 2...like some nice white karate gis for Jin and Kazuya. But you can't even replicate those in T7 because the selection of generic outfits isn't the same as before.

\_( ツ )_/
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I wanna ask this again. Is it just for me or are the colours on the expanded palette (that you go into by pressing triangle) washed out for everyone?
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
I wanna ask this again. Is it just for me or are the colours on the expanded palette (that you go into by pressing triangle) washed out for everyone?
Same for everyone. T7 customization could not only be hereby declared as worst ever in the series, even worse than T5 (it was the beginning in this area anyway), but also the colour palette won't fucking work as intended too. It's full screw up in T7 on this department.

Oh man I miss T6 custom engine so much. This is what I was talking about the other day in another thread. T6 could be felt day one as one big budget game. Customization was also another department where this could be noticed as well.

With tekken tag2 the problem was the use of a different engine (the same but modified to allow your clothes gathering stuff) and a different use of lightning as well. Both factors had quite an impact on the customizatiion.

And in T7, the problem has been, simply put, the absolute lack of $$$. This can be felt in every aspect of the game. It continues to be same T6 gameplay with a couple of tweaks here and there; there's no single player stuff; the customization is the worst we've ever seen, and the original soundtrack is even of a lower quality to that found in tag2, with the exception of some tracks found in story mode, such as Hatred, Desperate Struggle, Abandoned Temple arcade version, all of Kazumis themes and or Hideaway part2. (Found in Alisa vs Nina round 2 at the factory).

The problem is always $$$ first. Then comes talent as factor number 2 in importance.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

lightbeast
Legend
#7 “Quote” Edit Post

Yeah it's totally wack compared to TTT2. That game had a saturation setting to go along with the hue and luminosity, while T7 only has the latter two.

You can still sort of make something deeper or washed out, but you're forced to make it darker or lighter at the same time. Wack.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
and the original soundtrack is even of a lower quality to that found in tag2

I thought Tag 2 wasn't bad at all for the most part.

But yeah, T7 feels like what used to be considered an arcade mix. Remember how until Tekken4, arcades used to get a rough mixed soundtrack and consoles (usually) got better versions of the arcade tunes, with real instruments mixed in with a better flow and things like that?

The T7 soundtrack isn't too bad. There's some real gems in there, but very rough. It would sound a whole lot better if it were arranged with all real instruments including real percussion instead of the wub wubs, or maybe keep the wubs minimal or limited only to appropriate stages like the arena or violet systems. Or maybe make the electronic bits sound less loud, shrill, disturbing, distracting, and more organic like most of the soundtracks of the past Tekkens.

And to answer the thread starter's question, yeah, I think there something coming in the future, just based on gut instinct. At the very least, they're gonna update the aracde exclusive stuff onto the consoles.

Don't get your hopes up though.
Moonreaver
4th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
In addition to all of the problems listed above with customization, they didn't even bother to fit the generic pants properly on the females. When I first tried to put some on Eliza, I thought that there was some sort of glitch in my game that was making her ass so god damned massive.
BlondeAssassin
Destroyer
PSN: DearApathy
XBL: PsykoBanana
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Moonreaver
In addition to all of the problems listed above with customization, they didn't even bother to fit the generic pants properly on the females. When I first tried to put some on Eliza, I thought that there was some sort of glitch in my game that was making her ass so god damned massive.

THIS is what bothers me even more about the generic items. Soul Calibur 3/4/5 all had generic customs available. BUT THEY ACTUALLY FIT the characters properly based on their body type. It's insane that you put a bulky jacket or jeans on a character like Alisa or Nina and they look like a Transformer lol

Also - The MOBILE game has Nina's black catsuit has a playable costume but the ACTUAL T7 Game didn't bother to make it playable yet (allegedly due to lighting issue? really?)

On top of that - special things like the Pop Idol set didn't include characters that were added later on like Nina to also get those costumes. Ridiculous....

T6 Custom remains the best. I feel ripped off with this season pass. I basically paid 25 dollars for Noctis and Geese Howard. smh,
Signature It was nothing. Goodbye.
Pappioll
Expert
XBL: Pappioll
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/s...427625249554433

They just released the story mode costumes.... FOR THE ARCADES.

Gotta love this development team. They release the story mode costumes for the version that doesn't even have the story mode? *slow clap*

Never have I ever experienced a company that pisses me off as much as Namco and the leader behind the decision making. This is content that should have been available on day one, yet they can't even seem to release it for the version that actually HAS the story mode.
lightbeast
Legend
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
lmao...stupid assholes.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Just like in the T5DR days. They try hard to do everything that will make them loose their console fanbase, while hoping and wanting a huge fanbase at the level of Street Fighter (wtf?), so then they put a popular SF character and force him in the Tekken lore, even tho it will damage the core of the franchise.

The people behind the Tekken franchise are the worst ever, to say the least.

At this point the franchise need a reboot with new people on it as heads, and that are truly passionate about the franchise, and also their fans in both sides arcade and console and not just one single side (arcade).
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't worry folks. They will release those custom items the next year and full charge you all for it.

You know the drill. They release it late because the want the console stuff to be as good and as complete as possible, remember?, then tekken7 came after those three years of hearing that bullshit slogan being repeated to death by the same parrots, and oh well..., here we are.

deja vu

Also, do you guys still really believe that Harada doesn't actually have anything to do with decisions of this kind?, you're very much mistaken if so

Pappioll
Expert
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
Also, do you guys still really believe that Harada doesn't actually have anything to do with decisions of this kind?, you're very much mistaken if so

Never implied that Harada has nothing to do with this (?). It is most likely HIS decision obviously. Even if it isn't, he must have agreed on it at least.

This game will keep on being near to dead in my eyes.

Last edited by Pappioll on May 10th, 2018 at 14:42

Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Pappioll
This game will keep on being near to dead in my eyes.
I keep playing t7 on a regular basis because of the God-like online performance most certainly, but I'm not blind to the fact of how barebones this game is as to the overall package, and perfectly understand that they better have in store some sort of epic season 2 (no way, we can't trust Harada anymore) to be announced by June, or the game will fade to black in just another year in what It comes to audience that cares about ranked matches (where the spice of tekken is since t5). Because let's be clear..., look at tekken6 and tag2 with still many folks playing it. Most of them casually?, yeah perhaps, but so what they keep the game alive so that we can also play it and enjoy like them, which is the ultimate goal of tekken as a videogame; enjoyment, not competitiveness.

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
What are they trying to achieve by delaying the release of the story mode costumes for this long? What is the value in that? To the customers AND Namco.

Were the story mode models in any way not in line with the regular models as far as the hitbox-hurtboxes go? I don't think so since there's been mods out there with the story mode costumes and I've seen\heard of no such issues with those.

Will they charge for them on console? If they do, this will one-up the SFxT on-disc DLC scam.
Pappioll
Expert
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
What are they trying to achieve by delaying the release of the story mode costumes for this long? What is the value in that? To the customers AND Namco.

No one will ever know.

To me it just seems like they (Harada) are idiots. Sorry, had to say it.
lightbeast
Legend
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pcmacro
Story costumes for arcades, BUT NOT console?

Oh, blah blah fucking blah. I couldn't watch more than one minute of that insipid shit.

Of course he takes their side as always. He wants to be invited back to Japan next time they need someone to commentate one of their little tournament things with a Pikachu reveal trailer at the end. He also cheered them on when they did that thing that fucked up the color black in customizations as well.

People are pissed because those outfits are ALREADY IN THE HOME VERSION OF THE GAME and if this was any other company they'd be unlockable and playable from day 1, as they ought to be.

Remember Mortal Kombat X? I unlocked the awesome Revenant costume for Sub-Zero on the first day I got that game. The TYM tower, iirc.

Namco have held some of the goodies out of T7 so they could put it in the mobile game and now this for the arcade, so T7 home version is a lesser game as a result.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lightbeast
Of course he takes their side as always.

I like Aris, but this shit was just ignorant bigotry, or like you said, shilling for the boss, or worse, plain stupidity. May Lord Umbasa smack some sense into him.

In the meantime, I hope they put out a fix for the customization colour picker along with the costumes when they release them on console.