Do you want T6/TTT2 to be on PS4?

Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >

Poll Results

Do you want T6/TTT2 to be released on PS4?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, of course!
22 88.00%
No.
3 12.00%
25 Votes 100%
DG.PRO
Berserker
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I have heard that PSP version of Tekken 6 can be modded.(According to this video) But I'm not sure about other Tekken games.

ZAFINA ~ Tekken 7 Version

By the way don't get your hopes up. Even games which have modding capability have their own limitations.(And games where developers never released an SDK for it is have even more limitation for modding)
SagiTTariuSK
2nd Dan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
T5>

t7 one BIG FAIL

t6 bad, useless story, Tekken Force Mode from T4 > this sh..., Tekken Force Mode from T3 ofc is the best!

T4 with better character roster and some balance "fixes" would be good too

TTT/T3/T2 HD with online would be BEST!
Shallowobedient
Kyu
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
I would love to have Tekken 6 on PS4. It's a quite innovative Tekken game.

Scenario Campaign was also very fun.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
T6 would be the best to have a remaster with T7 netcode, PC version of course.

I wouldn't mind ttt2 as well, but I'd like to have a 1vs1 online mode separated from tag. Then that would be awesome, as Its tag mode in this second iteration of tag series is simply ridiculously stupid.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
T4 was a fucking horrible game. I have no idea why you people are resurrecting that turd.

T4 high level strats: 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 wall push 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2.....AWESOME GAME!!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Because competitivenes alone doesn't make a game good. T4 was an awesome game if not the greatest in the series

Karede
Destroyer
PSN: Karede
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
TTT2 on PS4 would be awesome!!!
CHANG39
Expert
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I think the main problem with the newer Tekken games (T5 onwards) is that the devs try too hard to make an anime inspired story fighting game.

If you look back at the older Tekken games (mainly T1 through T4) everything about them felt "Grounded", the story, characters, stages, music, aesthetics, the settings, and especially the gameplay. Every character in those games had a purpose to exist in the Tekken universe, even the joke characters had a reason to be in the games, characters they had their own BGM (1,2,3) and stages as well (1,2,3), they had personality and their designs were the best there was (except for T3 Xiaoyu).

T4 is very unique, people consider it to be the black sheep but I disagree, yeah from a competitive perspective it wasn't ideal, but everything else was great, the characters especially, their stories were very engaging and felt real, I played every character in that game because I really wanted to know more about them, their artworks and select screen panels were out of this world. The music was very atmospheric (the prologue music alone will give you goosebumps), and the stages were the best in the business (again some stages had flaws but design wise they were top notch, some stages were also big and seemed endless even tho they weren't), and then we also got Tekken Force but, in my opinion, was better than T3's Force mode. Overall T4 was just too damn comfy even the announcers voice was soothing, also it was the game that brought us Steve Fox, what more needs to be said.

With T5 is when things began to get a little silly story wise that is, and the perfect example of that is Paul Phoenix's story, why did the devs feel the need to turn a bad ass character that was originally rivaled against Kazuya into a comical relief, it was a shocker and still upset about what they did to Paul. In any case T5 was still a damn good Tekken game felt like a complete package, no fighting game to this date had as much content as T5, it was insane, that game had T1, 2 and 3, an old school Namco arcade mini game THAT WAS the loading screen, game modes from Survival, Team Battle, Arcade and the best of all Ghost Battle. There was also the game mode which was Devil Within that was solid and actually felt like a game on it's own. On top of that we got to customize our characters, yeah it was bare bones but each character had their own unique customization options so that was something. Then the DR update rolled out and I personally believe that is the best Tekken game to date, Dragonuv was introduced and my boy Armor King was brought back.

T6 went full retard in every department EXCEPT the customization, almost everything sucked in that game, the story was very forgetful especially for the non-Mishimas (endings were mind induced WTF, didn't match the prologeus), stages were uninspiring (some were good like Electric Fountain, Hidden Retreat and Warzone), same goes for the music, the campaign mode was alright nothing to right home about it was just odd how they made it the starting mode of the game which was a fighting game, it was random but I think the game in general was like that. Then you got the gameplay which was bad, the mechanics Namco introduced were lame (Bound and Rage are shitty things to have, and until this day I strongly believe that the bound was introduced because of Lars) none of the newer characters were even half decent except for Zafina. Customization was the only saving grace that game had.

TT2 like someone mentioned it was a fan service game, what they should have called it "Tekken Tag New Tekken players Need Not To Apply" due to the skill ceiling in that game, all I have to say is that it was a love letter to the Tekken fans.

Now with T7, to me it take the worst of the worst from the past Tekken games (character story outside of the Mishimas, stages, music (thank god for Jukebox), customization, no game modes that made Tekken what it is, outside of Kasumi the new comers and guest characters are trash and can't believe that so many good Tekken characters got sacrificed for the likes of Katarina, Gigas and 2 bears, shitty season pass that the only good thing to come out of it was the Howard Estate stage). All in all the gameplay is what makes up for it, but to put things in perspective this is the most expensive Tekken game to date per dollar wise, but I believe we will get a season 2 pass and hopefully it's going to complete the game.

TLDR; Julia Change in Tekken 4 had the best ass in the entire franchise when she had the alternative costume with jeans on.
BlondeAssassin
Destroyer
PSN: DearApathy
XBL: PsykoBanana
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
It's insane how Capcom wastes no time putting their titles on PSN. Most Fighting game franchises have their ps3/ps2 iterations available on PSN.

It's kind of mind blowing that we haven't gotten a T6 or TTT2 HD ps4 remaster. Especially considering the graphic downscaling issues with T6 on the console version. THOSE would be resolved with it being ported to ps4 and I can imagine the game looking just as good, if not better than T7 at this point.
Signature It was nothing. Goodbye.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BlondeAssassin
It's insane how Capcom wastes no time putting their titles on PSN. Most Fighting game franchises have their ps3/ps2 iterations available on PSN.

It's kind of mind blowing that we haven't gotten a T6 or TTT2 HD ps4 remaster. Especially considering the graphic downscaling issues with T6 on the console version. THOSE would be resolved with it being ported to ps4 and I can imagine the game looking just as good, if not better than T7 at this point.

That's because Capcom understand video games fans and mostly Fighting games fans in that area, Capcom were always video game company and still ARE. Nor Toy company like Bambai are specially when it comes to Tekken.

Tekken Executives post Bambai fusion are the worst there is nothing new here. I bet you that those same people were some executives at Bandai for some Toys that were made by that same company back then before the fusion with pure Namco. they don't understand anything about passionate fighting games fans , that's why no matter what sh1tty decision came from those it won't surprise m... Heu actually even if i always prepare myself for the worse i'm still surprised, so. Well actually it happen that they understand the fans sometimes ... when it comes to the Arcade Fanbase.

Trollada saying in an interview that he don't think that fans are interested in remaster of past Tekken games just say it all how much they don't understand nothing. Sure we aren't interested on some Classic Tekken Edition but we are definitely excited and want Bikinis, fundoshis, lolimaster and Ballons... right... :s
Ashesfall
Fighter
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
while i do would buy old games on steam (just to have them - i would probably never play them lol)

i also think fragmenting the tekken community even more, isnt good in the long run, at least i could see a problem here. (as the community is already fragmented with PC, Ps4 and Xbox ... we could be glad there is no switch version)
sure if you dont care about online play at all, this argue is useless but tekken to me at its heart will always be a competitive 1vs1 game
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
lol @ people saying t4 was a great game

storywise yeah id say it has the best narratives and storytelling of all past and present tekken games (like that matters for a fighting game)

balance and gameplaywise ? this game is garbage.. jin unblockable easy jf lc.. easy infinites on arena stage.. uneven ground that screws up combos and makes mid moves hit grounded garage stage infinite on pillars and kumas easy ff2 to unblockable that does 80% lets not even get to how low the skill ceiling was with no kbdc .. game was so bad it still makes me cringe to this day

best tekken games are those that sold well 10-20 posters in tz is a huge minority to the millions of copies they have sold worldwide
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Another look down on T4, but of course from the competitive perspective as usual.

Tz minority speaking good about t4 is the same minority conformed by the 20 or 30 arcade robotic pro freaks talking shit and crying about the game because their combos won't connect; them mid hits vary properties due to uneven ground, and the usual kbdc or infinite arena combos that most wouldn't care about by the slightest.

T5 was the huge step back for the series; responsible for its actual stagnation having reached T7 (having to resort to 2D stuff because you are out of ideas and sooo afraid to recover concept from T4= tekken dies soon if continues going down this road), and I can't believe so many years after the incredible, specially by then, step in the right direction that T4 was uneven stages wise precisely, we haven't had just one single uneven stage since the era of the ps2 technology.

It is quite a hilarious and sad situation at once speaking of a 20 years old series to have walked this long and still be stagnated in to a similar T3-T5 fashion/gameplay. And all of this because in T4 your combos didn't connect, and mids obviously change properties depending on elevation, and some other stuff that could have been refined little by little through time?, come on

SSfox
Foxstepman
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
^

And if it's just a gameplay issue, even the story has become a joke post T4. And now Tekken had even to force a popular 2D guy in the story to make people interest based Harada...As a mishima would say....just pathetic

I was playing arcade w As'ka and almost forgot about her father...

Can't wait for another repetetive lili x asuka in T8 that will only be there to please yuri weebs while won't add nothing worthy lore wise to both characters.
DG.PRO
Berserker
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
I think the main reason that Tekken 4 was unbalanced was because the Namco bosses forced the team to rush this game out before Virtua Fighter 4.(Since Virtua Fighter 4 was a revolutionary arcade game)

As for the storyline of Tekken, I think fighting games are moving away from the single player mods and are just focusing on ESport thing.(Maybe with the exception of Netherrealm's Mortal Kombat and Injustice games)
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Abigan2K
lol @ people saying t4 was a great game

lol @ people not getting why people who call T4 a great game think so.

Come on, man, we've seen this same "T4 jin needs a new tier for himself, you can fall and break a hip on uneven floors, and bla bla" stuff millions of times, and we don't necessarily disagree with all of it. Try to see a little past how the game was. Maybe you can imagine how the game could have been a few titles down the line if it refined (some, if not all) those ideas.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
its only a great game for casuals who care for the story

fighting games are competitive in nature especially in the arcades where you keep your quarter until you lose

crap balance = crap fighting game

t4 is the tekken that created the great divide where people went back to ttt1 and stayed there vs t5 onwards

the only thing id say that i miss from t4 is sidewalking from crouching to the foreground but yeah other than that im glad t4 era was over
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Abigan2K
fighting games are competitive in nature especially in the arcades where you keep your quarter until you lose

crap balance = crap fighting game

t4 is the tekken that created the great divide where people went back to ttt1 and stayed there vs t5 onwards

Right. because T5.0 was soooo balanced.

Bro, do you even read what other people post or do you make it all up in your head and post a reply to it?
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
DG.PRO
Berserker
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
The main reason Tekken 4 failed was due to the fancy features that it didn't have which Virtua Fighter 4 had at that time.(AC Cards,Customization,Ranks,fight money)

Being unbalanced had nothing to do with it's failure on Arcades.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DG.PRO
The main reason Tekken 4 failed was due to the fancy features that it didn't have which Virtua Fighter 4 had at that time.(AC Cards,Customization,Ranks,fight money)

Being unbalanced had nothing to do with it's failure on Arcades.

This. Also T5.0 way more unbalance than T4.

^Surprise nowadays someone that know about this about the way.

Anyway, another point where Tekken 4 was wacky were air animation, for example animation of opponent when got hit by 1,2,3,★4 with Hwoarang in juggle, this really got old too fast and made the game look less appealing when the 2 characters are in action. (of course this was fixed and improved with T5)

Last edited by SSfox on Jul 13th, 2018 at 17:17