Do you want T6/TTT2 to be on PS4?

Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >

Poll Results

Do you want T6/TTT2 to be released on PS4?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, of course!
22 88.00%
No.
3 12.00%
25 Votes 100%
Miss Rochefort
Iron Fist God
PSN: PrincessLiLi_
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I would like to have one of these on PS4 with online mode. I am not a fan of T7's gameplay and the issues it has with frames and online connection.
Signature 1st main: 2nd main:
#Anna4T7 or will it be in Tekken 8?
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Obviously I will recognize Steve, Drag and Feng as Lili's superiors when it comes to overall performance.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I want them on PC.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
SSfox
Foxstepman
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Ttt2 don't care. But yes for a polished T6 or even 5dr & t4 (the last not ugly looking tekken games)

But i don't see the point of this article tbh. Bambai never really cared about their console fanbase, and i doubt it they'll start today.
alexr
Raijin
PSN: TeamKandR
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I love T7, but I also love the previous games. They're all fabulous

I'd be pretty happy to get to play every Tekken game on the same hardware.
Signature blog it out! http://alexr-fightgames.tumblr.com
lightbeast
Legend
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Who's to say T6 or Tag 2 would fare any better online-wise after being ported to PS4, though? It could even get worse or cause new bugs. And like SSFox said, making console folks happy isn't exactly their top priority anyway.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
T6 on PS4 or PC with a vastly improved netcode would be so dope! T5DR would be even better.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I just want TTT2 on ps4
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
SSfox
Foxstepman
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
T5Dr still stand as the last true epic Tekken game, and that was spared from all those weird elements that started to be add to Tekken slowly right after this game.

Last edited by SSfox on Apr 5th, 2018 at 12:43

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
^ I'll have to agree. T5/DR had the best stages and the best soundtrack of all Tekken games. It's still a pleasure to look at T5 even with T7 out.

I also think T6 was really good even though I'm not a fan of the bound system. It all started to go downhill when TTT2 was released. Namco is gonna have a shit ton of work to do if they want to return the series to its former glory.
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I loved tekken 6 and I'd definitely buy it on Steam if released. And with this god-like netcode on PC we could play it the way most couldn't back in the day given the quality of the netcode.

Fuck T5
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
The problem was with the game's netcode and not the console, wasn't it? TTT2 had a much better netcode than T6 even though both games were released on the same platforms.

If there was a Steam version of T6 with improved netcode, I'd definitely love to play it. Such a sick game, that one.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah sorry I of course meant if they implemented current T7 netcode on a tekken6 remaster. I don't think It would be possible though; you know different engines = so much trouble, even for "just" scrapping some thousands and thousands lines of network code from T6, for then rewriting them as they work in T7.

I really liked T6. I still really do, and also all if its single player stuff. Needless to mention it was the last tittle to feature a quality soundtrack.

So much money was invested in the making of Tekken6. That was very noticeable from the ground up in every aspect of the game but the online of course, which was making its very first steps towards the direction we enjoy today in tekken7.

Imo tekken6 stands as the most ambitious tekken ever to this day, and were Bamco Nandai invested most $$$ in. Beautiful game.

DG.PRO
Berserker
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Unfortunately they spent half of the money into making that scenario campaign while a story mode similar to 5 would be enough and better imo.

Edit for 1 post below: Well unfortunately I wasn't around then.

Last edited by DG.PRO on Apr 5th, 2018 at 17:06

Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DG.PRO
Unfortunately they spent half of the money into making that scenario campaign while a story mode similar to 5 would be enough and better imo.
No no I meant the money spent on the game itself; the very arcade version, not the console version we got in the end with the extra single player stuff.

When the very first videos of the game began appearing on youtube and even on those horrible quality resolutions they were uploaded to, you could already appreciate the game was on another level already compared to what we had seen before. Do you guys remember feichungwong channel? : - D

pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I would love a TTT2 game for PC. I still think TTT2 is the best game out of all of them. T7 just lacks in many ways.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Coming back from T4, i can say it again that T7 is an absolute joke, a game with no soul.

The weird thing about T7 is that it also sold quite well for such a very randomish Tekken game, make me think the direction for T8 won't get any better i think, 30 characters in the roster, 10 real tekken characters, 10 cheese/eliza alike characters, 10 others Noctis alike characters. And more flag pizzas bikinis and fundoshi when it comes to costumes!!!

Tekken 4 is an absolute master piece and really deserve a true remake imho.

Tekken 6 is the last true Tekken game imo despite already having some weird things on it, but it was more or less tolerable and nothing comparable to some T7 aspects.

TTT2 was Okay and very fanservice game, not a great Tekken game (it could have been tho with some changes? hard to tell actually), TTT1 is way above.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
You know it! T4 for president!
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
DG.PRO
Berserker
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Imo Tekken 7 became successful because it was the first true next gen 3D fighting game on 8th generation of consoles(PS4/Xbox1) and the first official Tekken game on PC.

Tekken 4 is an absolute master piece and really deserve a true remake imho.

Agreed. Tekken 4 deserves a second chance. They just need to fix it's infinities and they have a masterpiece in their hand.
DG.PRO
Berserker
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken 6 can be played via RPCS3(a PS3 emulator) on PC :
RPCS3
SSfox
Foxstepman
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm having a blast with 4, DR and 6.

There are so many things that can be perfected tho with 4, mainly air animations, basically the only thing that put me off when i play it and why i'd rather play more 5 and 6, actually i've no knowledge in modding but trying to slowly to learn and see if it's possible to make the game better, like at least the air animations, and also nerf Jin ^^, i think it's very possible but probably not easy (i guess?).

Modding Tekken 4 by improving the air animations, importing T5 costumes and some of post T4 characters like Feng, Raven and asuka would be the pure Kreygasm and the Tekken we all deserved.

Last edited by SSfox on Apr 21st, 2018 at 19:25