Easiest/Most Damaging Drag Combo?

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
DragunovNub
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Alright, I was messing around in practice mode, and i found out you can get 90+ damage with this combo;

db2 1 2, d2, ws4, b1+2, 3 1 2, and then stomp (d+3+4) It's really easy to use imo and does a ton of damage. Has this been discovered yet? I don't keep up with the Tekken community, so I don't know what combos are "in" (Btw this is with Dragunov)

Last edited by DragunovNub on Sep 17th, 2017 at 03:57

Kazzy_Jin
Iron Fist God
PSN: yeah right....
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Not a true combo. You might get a CH on someone with the last hit of db2,1,2, but you'll definitely not hit the entire string, like ever...and the stomp at the end is not guaranteed
DragunovNub
Kyu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
What's a true combo?
ESP
Warrior
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Set this in your practice mode:

CPU Opponent Action 1 = Stand
CPU Opponent Action 2 = Guard All
Ground Technique = Side Quick Roll (Left)
Stand Up = Wake Up (Backward)
Signature 2P account of LJE.
Kazzy_Jin
Iron Fist God
PSN: yeah right....
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DragunovNub
What's a true combo?
A true combo is a combo the opponent can't escape, where all hits are guaranteed no matter what.

The launcher in your combo is nor a Natural Combo neither a Natural Combo on Counter. No one is going to stand there and take all three hits. That's why i said maybe you could hit people with the last hit as a CH catching tool, by delaying it. That makes the combo a lot less damaging
And the stomp is NOT GUARANTEED. After 3,1,2 a simple tech roll will prevent it from hitting.

The situation you describe in your PM is different from what you posted (a bit messy though, but i got it). I've never tried that but i think, after a wall splat, if you hit b+1+2, the stomp is not guatanteed. On normal hit yes, but not as a wall hit.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Generally speaking if you see them do a 'flop bound' type of move(to see what it looks like, launch them and just hit like 1,3,2 like in the old combos), they can tech that. Now you do get a ground hit if they don't tech, so be ready, but you do at least get a 50/50 mixup attempt after the flop if they tech it(you can watch Nobi and JDCR utilize this once in awhile).

You can get the free stomp after a regular b+1+2, a CH d+1, a CH 4,3, for some examples. Also his RD at the end of the combo guarantees a ground hit, since its a spike. (Basically just look for something that looks more like a 'spike' instead of a 'flip'.) That being said, if you happen to be playing online and the person doesn't tech, stomp away! If you're at lower levels there are players who actually don't tech it.

In the db+2,1,2 string, the db+2,1 is an NC, and if the 1 part is CH, the 1,2 is an NCc. So if the db+2 whiffs, but the 1 is a CH, the 1,2 part is guaranteed. The whole string itself isn't NC or NCc though, it's in parts.

The 2 at the end is the launcher. The idea behind this chain is that while it's not too safe and linear, it's very, very delayable; so what you do is mess with the timing and try to get the person to do something at a bad time. You can for example delay the last hit long enough the person might get frisky, only to be hit with the final 2. db+2,1 is a nice little poke strike(albeit -10 on block so not 100% safe), that after using it a couple times you can sometimes fool them into trying to press something, once again being nailed by the 2.

Or hitting db+2 and trying to get them to press something for the 1 and so on. It's a neat string that has its place but it's meant to be messed with timing wise and not spammed(it's -14, linear, and non jailing.)

[as an side, this string used to work differently in DR.]
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.