Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
grumpy64
War Lord
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LiangHu
is there a penalty system which punishes RQtters in Tekken 7?

Clearly not enough of one. I want go so far as to call for permanent bans but they need to have a system where after so many disconnects you get suspended from the network for say a week.
grumpy64
War Lord
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
With the new update list are meaningless as you can no longer see player names.
lightbeast
Legend
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
I finally rage quit the game itself because the whole thing has been so badly mishandled from the start. Latest update is the straw that broke the camel's back.

They decide to support the game post launch and this is what happens? Jeez.
grumpy64
War Lord
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Well folks were moaning and belly aching about being ducked. So the no names part is a result of that
deadcat
Virtuoso
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
So they decided to hide player names because "players were ducking others".

WELL NO SHIT. Who'd want to keep playing against rage quitters, bad connections, opponents who are grossly over/under your skill level, or just opponents that annoy you? This isn't work, its supposed to be enjoyable.

And now with these changes, it INCENTIVIZES (1) the above groups, and (2) you to sell your soul and do the same.

If they insist on hiding names, then at least give an option to block a player AFTER a match.
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I think it's more the case that players were ducked because of the character they use (Eddy, Eliza, etc.) or the fact that are just that damn good. There are very few high ranks that I've seen (red or better), at least on PC, because people tend to steer clear of them. Once you reach a certain rank, people will just start to dodge you and the game stagnates because you can't get any games in.

Anyways, this is the way it always was in TTT2...I don't remember there being a ton of complaints back then, even though lag switching and rage quitting was still prevalent. The real problem is the lack of a proper penalty system. Once that's implemented, I'd imagine the situation would improve.
lightbeast
Legend
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
There are a few valid reasons why someone would want to duck, like TMM saying he dosen't want to waste time with players who are far below his level. That's one.

Of course, that wasn't the only thing that made me tap out. Just took a step back and an overall look at how Namco were handling the game, particularly the online part. Not great.
grumpy64
War Lord
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol at having a penalty for rage quitting. The fact that this newest patch makes it even easier to RQ makes me very doubtful that any such penalty system will ever be implemented.
grumpy64
War Lord
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by deadcat

WELL NO SHIT. Who'd want to keep playing against rage quitters, bad connections, opponents who are grossly over/under your skill level, or just opponents that annoy you? This isn't work, its supposed to be enjoyable.

And now with these changes, it INCENTIVIZES (1) the above groups, and (2) you to sell your soul and do the same.

If they insist on hiding names, then at least give an option to block a player AFTER a match.

Well looks like harada thinks you should be perfectly happy to play RQers and lag switchers
SlySniperFox
2nd Dan
PSN: SLYSNIPERWOLF
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
People on PS4 i hope and assume they get penalized for rage quitting. So i am guessing yah are talking about PC. PC I'm guessing has better connection but PS4 penalize people for rage quitting.
grumpy64
War Lord
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
oh did this update do anything to fix native lag on the ps4?
Digons
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: DigonsKiller
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
It would have appeared on the patch notes if they did
Signature Asuka's ass...

I would pay 100$ to play with Ancient Ogre on FR
grumpy64
War Lord
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
My takeaway from this patch is harada thinks ducking is worse then RQing
deadcat
Virtuoso
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by grumpy64
harada thinks

Hmm....
Arginic
Kyu
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
We got a runner! This fuck plugged 3 times in a row on me, could not avoid this loser.. Thanks to the update that is :/

Kneel_for_yoshi
https://youtu.be/GjQpdMnkHfQ
Signature Ill see you in hell
Alley-Oop
ZAMASU ROSÉ
PSN: Sento_k
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah the new update sucks... we have to play with all these cheaters.
Signature Hakai !

Kazumi finally got a Heaven Sweep! Now bring back Miharu-chan!
Ashesfall
Fighter
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
yesterday i had a ragequiter(PC) too
all the time this happens i laugh
you didnt just won the game but you made your opponent run away like a chicken
how can this person even sleep? afraid like a chicken, so embarrassing
anyways i put my hope into haradas words, not easy to me

"We will take countermeasures against these Disconnectors.
We will incorporate a dedicated API and penalty. Thanks." - Harada

ps: i wil still defend this update. the decline situation is gone now the game needs just a measure method to ban steam accounts for life and send a hitman to their home to kill the scum

edit: lol, my favorite developer and community manager just did a youtube video about that topic:
bad behavior not welcome in our online environment

my favorite quote: (not word by word)
"our highest level philosophy is, if you are a bad person doing bad things in our game, we dont want you in overwatch and we also wont create a room for those people. we just dont want them in overwatch!" - jeff kaplan

this should be the philosophy for every online game!
(if you want to survive on the market of course)

first step: build in a report function

Last edited by Ashesfall on Sep 14th, 2017 at 08:44

Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
grumpy64
War Lord
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
What I don't get is who pays 60 bucks for a game so they can RQ and lag switch their way to a fake ranking
Zaibatsu Dragon
Jersey Gamer
PSN: Plissken_81X
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by deadcat

If there was a lost connection, then there SHOULD be a notification for it. Also, is the rage quit here worse than 6 or Tag 2?
Signature Originally posted by fahad2
Most consumable western media is racist these days! The white man always saves the planet.
Now if it was Zaibatsu Dragon saving the planet, that would be tight! I'd give him all the Sand girls in his harem that I'd make the rest of the races build!
Twitter Man God Thread YouTube
deadcat
Virtuoso
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
It got much worse after this patch.

Thanks Haraduh.