Page Splits <1234>...51
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Wudang
Expert
PSN: yungplaya14
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I liked the story to be entirely honest. I can't complain about the character episodes or the reduction in Arcade battle. It's not like character endings are gone.

Ranked just started working for me yesterday. I've always been an online players so I can only cry about the lag (minimal for me if I'm going to be honest) to a small degree. I feel TTT2 was better all in all for online. As for Tournament mode... I don't even need to be an echo.

Originally posted by Avatar_of_Chaos

Tournament mode needs a proper revamp. Prize pools being reduced if people leave mid way? Tournaments being disbanded immediately if the host quits? Only one match to decide? Seriously, Namco. This is not the fault of first day server issues but simply bone-headed design choices.

I cannot fathom why so many of the other game modes are gone. Why is Survival gone? Like, what fighter doesn't have this? Seriously. Rather, what Tekken didn't? All those modes are really a must. Soon to be modes like Tekken Ball or whatever the season pass game mode is cannot excuse this fuckery.

I'm not too big on customisation but even I will recognise it's shit lmao. I didn't use it much in T6 and I really only bothered with re-colours in TTT2 because I'm not some weirdo that feels characters should be damn near nude, unless female.... Really hatin on that fundoshi crap. I would literally turn my TV off until I lost those matches. At least I can swerve these weirdos now.
--------------------------------------

Im no gamer so I'll literally be playing TK7 for a fucking while in all honesty, so as long as online is fine I'm not even stressing. More game modes needed for me and a improvement on custom items. We should be able to recolour preset outfits (I haven't tried many so pls tell me if I'm wrong. I wanna be) and those "Custom A/B" out fits. We aren't even asking for things Namco hasn't done BEFORE.

I'm kinda disappointed. I'll live
Sugar Free
Raijin
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
I was going to buy the PC version the next week but I need first to be informed about the online. Is it working sightly better than the utter crap the ps4 online is?. Or is it working really good, in other words totally different as some people claim?.
I threw my PS4 copy back at Amazon after checking the patch's effects and tried the PC version at my friend's place right for that purpose.

According to my experience, PC's online is the same.

What changes on there is less OVERALL (both offline and online) input lag and that's actuallly noticeable, I think that is what misleads people into thinking the online is more responsive.

I feel stuck, are you still gonna by the PC version?
I guess I'll have to resort to eventual funny PC mods...

Originally posted by Fernandito
3 years..., this is so off putting. I have no words as of now to express such disappointment. Just burning from the inside out
The game was a predicted disaster since the first videos of gameplay, new characters info and hints of game mechanics started to come out almost 3 years ago.

I'm livid.

This was NOT the way.
To the kids who said Akuma, RAs and Power Crushes along with more players and casuals coming was going to do good to the series, a big DUCK you: Tekken 7 is in a terrible status and those were indeed bad signs of a giant failure (though those kids are probably enjoying the title as it is for the next couple weeks, oh well, good for them).

Last edited by Sugar Free on Jun 9th, 2017 at 04:26

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Wudang
I'm not too big on customisation but even I will recognise it's shit lmao. I didn't use it much in T6 and I really only bothered with re-colours in TTT2...

We should be able to recolour preset outfits (I haven't tried many so pls tell me if I'm wrong. I wanna be) and those "Custom A/B" out fits. We aren't even asking for things Namco hasn't done BEFORE.

Same here. I was pretty much content with recolours and other low tier shit and I thought I wouldn't have much to complain about this time either. But they've actually gone and screwed the pooch.

Which brings me to:

2> Customization colour chart. The duck happened here, namco? Why we can't pick the real colours on the chart? Why we get washed out colours? What? You don't trust me with those colours? ? I paid full price dammit! I'm entitled to have my way with reds and blues. I don't want your safeass preset palette with the used colours and all that. I want teh brand new and edgy stuff like frickin maroon and lapis blue and shit. I'm an adult dammit!

4> Characters. Man, I just want armor king and baek back. And josie is no bruce. And what's with some of move removals? Heihachi's d2+3, hwoarang's d3+4, kazuya's 2,4 and such? They never harmed nobody. Why'd you have to take them out, man?

So anyway, I'm not exactly disappointed because I lowered my expectations years ago. Yet they're still bargaining with me to lower my stance even further.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Vandenreich
Champion
PSN: Vandenreich006
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
An easy disappointment.....

Story Mode is lackluster and is nothing but a set up. The only thing decent about it was Heihachi vs Kazuya and Akuma is pretty much irrelevant shouldn't have been in the story in the first place.

Character episodes are nothing but random filler.....they are all over the place....

Customization is trash....limited color palates, limited coloring in general, preset clothes, colors & hairstyles, no combination of simple attires(like hair color & hats) etc......

Offline is empty & boring as all hell. Treasure battle is nothing but a grind for mostly useless items, arcade is only 5 matches with no ending and there is no team or survival for whatever insane reason. Most importantly, STILL NO MINI GAME!!! DLC better have tekken force like T4 or else T7 would be boring for life.....

Online still gives players the option to decline matches which is a dumb idea....you're just begging to get blacklisted by every player you beat.....

There are some good things about T7 but its drowning in the sea of BS....
Signature Is it possible to play Ranked Match for 1 hour without getting hate mail from someone who doesn't know how to block or adapt?

Digons
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: DigonsKiller
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I guess I already said. Story mode was mediocre at best. The last fight was AWESOME, but that's it...that minigame from Tekken 5.0 that we play as Jin is better, IMO.

There are few gamemodes, and that REALLY sucks. It would be a bad game if not for the top tier gameplay.

Online, on PC at least, I can play really well even on 3 bars, but if I go below, it's impossible...
Signature Asuka's ass...

I would pay 100$ to play with Ancient Ogre on FR
DG.PRO
Berserker
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
The only reason that people get disappointed in something is having huge expectation for it and then it fails to deliver it.

so why did you people had huge expectation from Tekken 7 ?

Was it due to this fact that Tekken 7 was the most delayed Console Tekken game ?
it took 1 year and 11 months for them to release Tekken 6 on consoles.(after the arcade release)
It took them 1 year to release tag 2 on consoles.
and it took them 2 years and 3 months to release Tekken 7 on consoles.

or it was due to Harada Saying that it was pretty successful on Arcades ?(I think he said that it broke the sales of 6 and 5 )
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sugar Free
and tried the PC version at my friend's place right for that purpose.

According to my experience, PC's online is the same.

What changes on there is less OVERALL (both offline and online) input lag and that's actuallly noticeable, I think that is what misleads people into thinking the online is more responsive.
ok...

Originally posted by Sugar Free I feel stuck, are you still gonna by the PC version?
Not until they do something with this net-code after learning the aforementioned from you. Not even because of the mods either right now.

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt until the next patch (ps4) comes out, regardless it takes a month. If not solved by then (I doubt they are gonna do something on this area anyway. The code looks what it is and that is all, apparently), then I'm giving up definitely.

Originally posted by Sugar Free The game was a predicted disaster since the first videos of gameplay, new characters info and hints of game mechanics started to come out almost 3 years ago.
I know, but it still looked and played like tekken. All we needed was ttt2 net-code so we could at least play the game online properly.

Thanks for your reply on the PC online performance. Now I feel just..., bad. A mixture between either exhausted or surrendered, and burned

Originally posted by DG.PRO
The only reason that people get disappointed in something is having huge expectation for it and then it fails to deliver it.
There was no huge expectation on expecting an online functionality-working net-code on par with TTT2, because it had been already done. It was a realistic expectation, regardless the engine switch.

I have enjoyed the final shodown and ending to my favourite character with a child's excitement, but this si not the tekken1-2-3 era and I can't be playing story mode all day long. Online mode needs to work properly just like ttt2 did, because that is the main area of a game these days.

BTW I've just finished playing again some matches and..., Jesus Christ this net-code..., why. Why this after tag2?

Our expectations were realistic. Imo they have met them in the story mode (epic to me), but in the important area, the online...

One more patch. Nothing more to say 'til then.

Last edited by Fernandito on Jun 9th, 2017 at 13:29

deadcat
Virtuoso
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I didn't like how they dumbed down 'Tekken tunes' in T7. Was it that hard to retain the option of pairing specific soundtracks to individual stages?

Or is this the trade off for having the entire series soundtrack FOC, unlike in TTT2?
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Everybody knew what to expect from the game, more or less, no?
No surprises here. Its Tekken, its solid.

I used my two day PS+ online pass that came with the game to play Killing Floor, though. That game actually works online.
Online in this crappy state is just a huge bummer and its not too much to ask for such an important part of the game to work at least half decently on release.
Destroyer
PSN: Avatar_of_Chaos
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DG.PRO

so why did you people had huge expectation from Tekken 7 ?

Was it due to this fact that Tekken 7 was the most delayed Console Tekken game ?
it took 1 year and 11 months for them to release Tekken 6 on consoles.(after the arcade release)
It took them 1 year to release tag 2 on consoles.
and it took them 2 years and 3 months to release Tekken 7 on consoles.

or it was due to Harada Saying that it was pretty successful on Arcades ?(I think he said that it broke the sales of 6 and 5 )

"Huge expectation."

Tekken 7 has:

- Worse netcode than previous games.
- Inability to connect to certain players with no apparent reason.
- Worse customisation options than previous games.
- Fewer modes than previous games.
- A story mode which is arguably worse than in previous games.
- The lauded tournament mode has several design issues that ruin its potential.

This "you guys expected the world" crap, when all we wanted was a complete game that at least matched previous entries in the series. That's it.

Persona 5 has been blowing my mind recently. What were my expectations? For it to match Persona 4. And what do you know, it not only offers more content, but has made significant improvements. It SURPASSED my already sky high (Persona 4 is literally in my top 5 RPGs of all time) expectations. Funny that.
Signature
am4oe
Shihan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Keeper of the CRANE
Everybody knew what to expect from the game, more or less, no?
No surprises here. Its Tekken, its solid.

Personally i'm surprised at slack story mode (even for Tekken standards) considering how they hyped it up, surprised at the downgraded customization mode, and the overall lack of offline content. So i'm gonna have to go with less, definitely did not know to expect that. Lol

edit: totally agree with @Avatar_of_Chaos. As a side note, I'm baffled by the amount of people brown nosing this game so hard they can't see its flaws. I get if you're fragile and don't like your favorite game being criticized but let everyone else discuss it at least
Signature ✨❤️🌺 🌺❤️✨
Ashesfall
Fighter
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
some of you guys really would like to see tekken7 "early" 2018 release right?

i also think that many people are spoiled to death with this "waiting" time ... i mean, i cant blame them

anyways cant wait until overwatch and league of legends deliver a hollywood story mode ...
(the funny part? these developers would actually have the money to do it lol)

ps: i am just disappointed in the customization mode, there are so many flaws in this mode i dont even know where to start - it looks like made by one person over the last ~ 1 years ...

edit: online mode is definitely even after the last patch not "perfect"
this game needs still work and i am sure namco will tweak more, why?
tekken7 has a season pass they want to sell and arcade version will be supported too

no fire and forget marketing like tt2 ...

Last edited by Ashesfall on Jun 9th, 2017 at 15:20

Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
SilverSoul
IAmTheBoneOfMySword
PSN: Hayk502
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Just improve the netcode and i'm good, but the way it is, i enjoyed ttt2 more.
Signature #RemoveLili'sClothes
I'm a proud member of #SaveLiliMovement, those who join be brave, a severe war is ahead of us, and i cannot guarantee that we will win.. but i can guarantee that, no matter what, i will never give up.. on trying to remove her clothes!!.
Crouching_Demon
Berserker
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm upset that they're still not putting frame data in the game. The only source for it is rbnorway, and their shit is inaccurate. There's seriously no reason not to include it.
Signature "The secret to success is within you. Govern your anger, channel the strength. Take control."
"The only limits we have are the ones we create."
"Power is everything."

Ashesfall
Fighter
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Crouching_Demon
The only source for it is rbnorway, and their shit is inaccurate.

stop talking shit about that one guy making this great side!
of course its not finished day1
he doesnt have the game before release and i am sure its just a "free time" project
(everyone here complaining about it, should actually understand how much work this kind of resource is)

thankful in the Internet? no, hate is more fun of course

BUT in 2017 tekken7 should really have ingame data IF you want to increase your "e-sports" scene
(or at least a "addon/DLC" like murray mentioned once - maybe in the future? who knows)

at least we have someone like rbnorway sharing these infos ...
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
Miss Rochefort
Iron Fist God
PSN: PrincessLiLi_
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SilverSoul
Just improve the netcode and i'm good, but the way it is, i enjoyed ttt2 more.
The netcode is a step down from TTT2. People at 4bar feels unplayed. Some are better while other 4bar feels like a 2/3bar to me.

Gameplay wise, I also enjoyed TTT2 even more than T7.
Signature 1st main: 2nd main:
#Anna4T7 or will it be in Tekken 8?
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Obviously I will recognize Steve, Drag and Feng as Lili's superiors when it comes to overall performance.
Crouching_Demon
Berserker
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
stop talking shit about that one guy making this great side!
of course its not finished day1
he doesnt have the game before release and i am sure its just a "free time" project
(everyone here complaining about it, should actually understand how much work this kind of resource is)

thankful in the Internet? no, hate is more fun of course

BUT in 2017 tekken7 should really have ingame data IF you want to increase your "e-sports" scene
(or at least a "addon/DLC" like murray mentioned once - maybe in the future? who knows)

at least we have someone like rbnorway sharing these infos ...

It doesn't matter how much work it is. It's worthless if it's inaccurate. It's math. The only thing in the universe that has a 100% correct answer all the time. I would very much appreciate the work if it helped in any way. But since it's inaccurate, it doesn't help at all. Not that this person should be doing this anyway. Namco should have released frame data with the game.

Also, since when does a factual statement constitute as "talking shit"?
I said their shit is inaccurate. It is. Get out of your feelings.
Signature "The secret to success is within you. Govern your anger, channel the strength. Take control."
"Power is everything."

Ashesfall
Fighter
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Crouching_Demon
But since it's inaccurate, it doesn't help at all.

and of course this "status" will be forever right?
i mean i just saw how he updated miguels data (just 2 days ago)

just wait 2-3 weeks and i am sure its the most accurate resource in the internet (everyone will just copy that page lol) - many people also give feedback there, so its just a matter of time until its done.

sure this is no excuse for no data ingame, i think so too
DG.PRO
Berserker
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Unfortunately, the way you guys criticize the game just makes Harada Regret releasing it 2 years after the AC version.(Since he cares more about the Hardcore Tekken Fanbase(Minority) than the Majority ones that are enjoying the game.Like the way that he Killed the innovation of the franchise after Tekken 4.)

And then for Tekken 8(or TxSF) He will release the console version 3-4 years after the Damn AC version.(Like that this 26-27 months wait for Tekken 7 wasn't enough)
Crouching_Demon
Berserker
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Hardcore fans are what keep the game alive long-term, so he should care what the people that care most have to say about it. It's a double-edged sword (like what you said about tekken 4) but casuals are gonna be happy almost no matter what.

That's lots of feedback Namco hasn't listened to (like offline modes and in-game frame data) that would just make the experience better for everyone. Criticism isn't always a bad thing.

Yeah, people talk about the story, but in the end, who cares? The game is mechanically sound. They made other boneheaded decisions that are currently the problem.
"Power is everything."