Page Splits 123>...8
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
DirtyMusic
Sage
PSN: AryaJustArya
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
That Blasted Salami Character Guides (see framework below)

Character Overviews

Jin Kazama Complete Breakdown

Steve Fox - Complete Breakdown

Claudio Serafino Complete Breakdown

Josie Rizal Breakdown

Master Raven Breakdown

Shaheen Complete Breakdown

Yoshimitsu Complete Breakdown

Dragunov Essentials

Jack-7 Essentials

Bryan Fury Essentials

Kazumi Mishima Essentials

King Essentials

Lee Essentials

Videos by other Content Creators

Asuka Kazama Tutorial by Fergus

Asuka Movelist Breakdown by Fergus

Marshall Law by PepperBeef2Spicy

Leo Kliesen by PepperBeef2Spicy

Kazuya Mishima by TheMainManSWE

Devil Jin by TheMainManSWE

Heihachi Mishima by TheMainManSWE

Ling Xiaoyu by Guice

Noctis by Exponential Trajectory

That Blasted Salami Fundamentals Guides

Mix Ups, Turtling & Movement

Pokes, Frames & Sidesteps

Crushing, Hitboxes & Evasion

Written Guides

Completed

Character Overviews by Fergus
-
Akuma by Dinosaur
Alisa Bosconovitch by mithril04
Alisa Bosconovitch by Yo Goodfella & Endtimes (In Progress)
Asuka Kazama by Fergus
Bryan Fury by Dinosaur
Bob Richards by mithril04
Dragunov by Azaael
Feng-Wei by Saen1990
Gigas by feeqmatic
Jin Kazama by Arya
Josie Rizal by mithril04
Kazumi Mishima by mithril04
Lee Chaolan by UberDuder
Leo Kliesen by gByakko
Lucky Chloe by DankInEffect
Marshall Law by Arya (block punishment remaining)
Master Raven by UberDuder
Master Raven by mithril04
Miguel by zatoichi Flash!
Nina Williams by UberDuder
Shaheen by Arya
Steve Fox by Arya
Yoshimitsu by mithril04
Yoshimitsu by UberDuder

Coming Soon

Hwoarang by Haroun, Frontier and Arya
Kuma by ElMantisShrimp
Lars Alexandersson by Azaael

Writer wanted!

Eddy Gordo
Eliza
Heihachi Mishima
Katarina Alves
Lili Rochefort
Ling Xiaoyu
Lucky Chloe
Paul Phoenix

For the lulz

Shaheen by Dinosaur
Claudio by Arya

The framework we’re taking is as follows:

Overview

A brief description of the character’s gameplan and their strengths and weaknesses.

Top Moves

A list of all the character's key moves. There is no set number, however many you think is suitable, though we're aiming for around 15.

Please describe in detail how the move is used as well as it's properties. For example is it used to poke, keep out, control space, mix up, pressure, whiff punish, and so on. Does it have evasive properties, how safe is it, range, tracking etc.

As much as possible please try to avoid using frame data, but it can be added in text below the move if you wish. Instead please include a flowchart of the options stemming from some of these key moves (eg Mishima ewgf, Drag WR2, Alisa WR2, Steve dcking etc) against all of the opponent's responses, so players can get an idea of how the moves work off each other, as opposed to just describing them in isolation.

Situational Moves

Analysis of moves that are useful, but not essential. Don't need to go into as much detail as the key moves, and also please try to refrain from listing moves that you'll see only once in a blue moon, or are practically useless.

Combos

No combo video material here please. Just a short, practical list of S! starters, staple combos and wall combos.

Punishment

A list of the character’s block punishment from standing, crouching and moves with pushback.

Rage

Breakdown of the rage drive and rage art.

Round Up

A quick summary of all the information above, along with a difficulty ranking that includes that weighs both execution and gameplan.

Anti-Strats (separate video)

xxx Tips to Beat this Character

Some important nuggets of information to keep in mind when playing this character. What are their main weaknesses, and how best to exploit them.

Strings that you should be punishing

A list of the of all the strings with highs, low gaps that you should be aware of.

Moves that you should be block punishing

A list of all the character’s block punishable moves.

-

How you can be a part of the project

If you feel there’s anything missing, spotted a mistake or want to add more detail on a section from the guides, just give us your input below. If you’re confident you know a character well enough to write up an entire guide, even better

If you’re adept at using Premiere Pro, also please drop me a message. Any help with the weighty task of making around 30 minutes worth of video each for close to 40 characters would be greatly appreciated.

General feedback and opinions on the guides are also welcome. Just keep it to the point please. See below.

Rules, guidelines, etc

This topic will be strictly monitored, so please no fluff or banter or it will be removed. We’re trying to keep this as tight and focused as possible.

A huge thanks to anyone who contributes. Let’s make 2017 a great year for Tekken!

Last edited by DirtyMusic on Aug 13th, 2018 at 08:33

Azaael
March of Tyranny
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
A quick heads up: going to be snipping off topic chat from thus to keep it clean. Only actual breakdown discussion here please.
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
S2_Dotoring
Broken mess
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
ff2 is -12 oc now?

Shouldn't this thread be in here?
Signature t7 sux
DirtyMusic
Sage
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by S2_Dotoring
ff2 is -12 oc now?

Shouldn't this thread be in here?

Yeah ff2 is usually -13, should update that thanks. However if you block it in the later active frames it is in some rare instances -12.

Nobody really goes to strategy library. General is by far the most visited section. Perhaps if the boards pick up when T7 releases.
Michin Nom
Legend
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Steve's f+1+2,2 is 15f not 18f. d/b+2 and ALB d+2 is -12 on block not -15.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Also for Steves first part about his d+1 being launch punishable by Kaz/Josie (the part about his df+1,2 at the post)... you forgot to put Eddy as well (now that he can do WS+1,3, RLX 4 S! And opp is in FUFA position during the S!).
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
DirtyMusic
Sage
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Have amended the Steve guide accordingly.

For better organisation, all the character breakdowns are now listed at the bottom of the first post, with a link to a Google Doc for completed guides.

There is also a list of characters we still need writers for. If you think you're up to the task, please get in touch.
Yo'Goodfella
Legend
PSN: Yo' Goodfella
XBL: Yo Goodfella 98
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
May I write the Alisa one? I noticed she isn't on the list. Also,is this exclusive to who has already played the game? Because I have just watched the videos.
Signature WR2s from Mother Russia! <3

Oh yeah, here's the new main as well! With a WR2. Yay!
DirtyMusic
Sage
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Yo'Goodfella
May I write the Alisa one? I noticed she isn't on the list. Also,is this exclusive to who has already played the game? Because I have just watched the videos.

That would be great, thank you. We don't have anyone working on Alisa now.

Since most people don't have access to the game yet, I'm just laying the groundwork in this thread for now. If you think you have enough Alisa knowledge from past experience and videos to get started now, please go ahead. Then once the game is out you can finetune it after spending some time in the lab.
DirtyMusic
Sage
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Update 23/05/17:

- Law, Jin, Bryan and Shaheen are up. They still need a little work in the anti-strats section, but are mostly done.

- An alternate Shaheen and Claudio are also up, but don't take them too seriously

Last edited by DirtyMusic on May 22nd, 2017 at 17:00

Frontier
7th Dan
PSN: FP-Issum
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh may I write the one for Hwoarang?
Signature Calculated.
DirtyMusic
Sage
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Frontier
Oh may I write the one for Hwoarang?

Absolutely man, please go ahead. These is actually someone else who's also writing up Hwoarang, but different perspectives on such a complex character are always welcome.

It has to be noted, and this goes to everyone, that just because you write up a guide doesn't necessarily mean I'll turn it into a video. Myself and the lead writers all have to agree it stands up to a certain level of quality, since making a video out of a 10+ page script takes up an enormous amount of time and effort.

By all means though, if you write a guide I'll link up the Google Doc in the opening post
DirtyMusic
Sage
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Update 24/05/17:

Added a link to Fergus' stellar "Character Overviews", which if you haven't read already is highly recommended to get ready for Tekken 7.

The first video in the project is based on this, and should be up around the June 2nd release date. Look forward to it!
Eddy Wang
Shihan
PSN: eddywangmk
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Jin Guide is good but its a bit outdated, there is a few things that needs to be corrected.

F4 is now -5 on block, f4~f is now +2 on block, making 1+2 out of zen coming out at 11f instead of 14 like in TTT2 so, 13f mids no longer can interrupt it, only i10 moves can, making his defensive game and 50/50 game on hit a lot stronger.

His wd game is just as good as mishimas, specially since his ws3 is now a safe homing CH launcher that can be used from his wd mixup, an option mishimas don't have, no longer high crush shenaningas and step shenanigans as easier as it was in T7 .0 or TTT2. If you randomly step jin out of obvious pressure tools or try to use high crushes while he wavedashes to close distance, be ready to get hit by this.

Jin does not have the fastest homing in the game, that trophy belongs to paul which has an i12 homing that is plus on block, but his i13 homing its also good and actualy +1 on hit.

Few things missing: His CH game is a lot better as df4 is now -7 on block, CH launcher even though is i20. he also gets better rewards for most of his CH launcher tools including F4 without committing to the ogre stance, he as ways to hit confirm the hit now and still get massive wall carry and massive damage.
bd23 is now -7 and the second hit its a knockdown and hits grounded.

Jin 1+2 throw when teched switches sides with opponent, used to escape when your back is against the wall, either they take the throw or they get cornered, the choice its theirs.

use B3 at 0 range when ppl are trying to pummel pressure on you. F4 its also a good option since its much safer than b3 now and better reward if you trade blows.
CDS3 is just as good in the neutral as in the combos, as his ws3 its a CH launcher homing mid that is safe and comes off his stance, in 7 days i will confirm if CDS3 actually crushes highs as we've seen in a vid before. This move will keep ppl honest about stepping Jin out of stance, or using ducking.

Jin is strong in this game, he has never been this good since T4 honestly, and i prefer this FR version over his T7.0 vanilla, this one has more options for every possible situation indeed.
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm just gonna say that the Shaheen synopsis by The Dinosaur was amazingly funny!
Keep up the good work, guys!

I'm sadly not skilled enough to make any guide, sorry!
Signature When I die, I wanna go peacefully in my sleep, just like my grandfather did. Not kicking and screaming, like the passengers in his car.

DirtyMusic
Sage
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you very much for the corrections Eddy! Jin is very much a secondary character for me, so I haven't kept up to date with all the changes. I'll add them as soon as possible

Thanks for the encouragement DrBhup. Yeah Dino is hilarious.

Video production on Character Overviews is going really well! It'll be ready before release date, I just hope Namco puts out the newest character trailer soon, since I'm using their stylish transitions. Only the Mishimas left.
Yo'Goodfella
Legend
PSN: Yo' Goodfella
XBL: Yo Goodfella 98
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
DirtyMusic,I sent you a PM. I wish there would be more notable ways to see messages.
Signature WR2s from Mother Russia! <3

Oh yeah, here's the new main as well! With a WR2. Yay!
DirtyMusic
Sage
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Ah sorry I've been quite busy lately so haven't been on TZ. Just replied.

No worries. You can also contact me on twitter soon, once I put the video out and really get the project running I'll be easily reachable.
DirtyMusic
Sage
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
The Character Overviews video is now up. Enjoy!
Crouching_Demon
Berserker
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DirtyMusic
The Character Overviews video is now up. Enjoy!

Awesome vid. Great work!
Signature "The secret to success is within you. Govern your anger, channel the strength. Take control."
"The only limits we have are the ones we create."
"Power is everything."