Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Bandai Namco Europe announces today that Tekken 7 is receiving 2 new guest characters coming to the game as part of their post launch DLC plans. These 2 new guest characters come with their own stage as well as costumes to use when they release one at a time later this year then early of next year. Check out the Press Release for the full details.
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Bandai Namco Europe ≫ https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/news/...s-licenses/6060

TEKKEN™ 7 to feature two new exclusive guests characters from other videogames’ licenses!

March 16, 2017

TEKKEN 7 continues to reveal its hidden secrets as BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe unveils today the additional content to be released from the game launch, on June 2nd.

The first batch, to be released this Summer 2017, will provide a brand-new game mode and more than 50 new costumes. The second and third batches of content, to be released respectively this Winter 2017 and next Spring 2018, will both feature one exclusive playable guest character from other videogames’ licenses with, each time, a special stage and special costumes for these guest characters. This 3 post launch pieces of content will be purchasable individually but will also be available through the Season Pass that will grant to each buyers 35 exclusive metallic costumes.

During the coming year, all players from all platforms will also enjoy free characters panels they will be able to use to customize their favourite character’s image displayed during the loading screen. Through a partnership with various worldwide artists, each player will have its own way to defy its friends and rivals! Stay tuned for more info!

In TEKKEN 7, all fights are personal! Prepare to enter the ring as TEKKEN 7 will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and STEAM® for PC on June 2nd 2017. Pre-order now to get access to Eliza, the famed vampire character from TEKKEN Revolution, and purchase the TEKKEN 7 Collector’s Edition containing the Deluxe Edition including the Season Pass (only available in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasian territories) and a spectacular statue featuring a dynamic pose with Kazuya fly kicking Heihachi in mid-air, a special SteelBook™, and the official TEKKEN 7 soundtrack.

To find out more about Tekken 7, please head over to the official website Tekken.com.

Enter the Mishima feud on:

The official Website: Tekken.com
The official Facebook: @TekkenEU
The official Twitter: @TEKKEN
The official VK: VK.com/Tekken

Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Blackdeath
Kyu
PSN: black_death100
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I am hoping that one of the guest characters is from Virtua Fighter.
Jay Schüler
Warrior
PSN: HeartBreakJake95
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
^ I second that.

I've always wanted to see characters from either VF or Dead or Alive appear in Tekken.
Signature If you win, help the other man to his feet. If you lose, celebrate with the other man for his victory.
Schüler All Stars-
Excellent since '07
Learning for infinity.
Bad At Tekken
Champion
PSN: Sir_Acolyte
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I think it'd be pretty awesome to have guest fighters from other non bamco fighting games just to promote solidarity in the FGC.
Signature "1,7. Hot steppin' like Tekken. I'ma be your main bitch in a game like ." -Azealia Banks
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Blackdeath

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I didn't even think of that but that would be too good. I doubt it though, because even though sega and namco have worked together in the past, DOA has had VF guest characters and DOA exects do not like Namco exects.

I would love to see Akira and Wolf.

I mean I love a lot of VF characters. Lau, Jacky, Sarah, Lion, Vanessa, Goh, Jean.

If it is more SF characters, i would like to see Dhalsim (he would be broken as fuck in tekken lol), Zangief, Sagat, Guile, Alex or Chun-Li

I hope its not some dumb pokemon character, maybe a Dragon Ball character like goku or vegeta lol, that would be real weird.
Lukmendes
Tier Whore
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pcmacro
I hope its not some dumb pokemon character, maybe a Dragon Ball character like goku or vegeta lol, that would be real weird.

I doubt Nintendo would let their characters be added when Tekken 7 is not on one of their consoles (So far at least), also:

TEKKEN™ 7 to feature two new exclusive guests characters from other videogames’ licenses!

So no Goku or Vegeta or whatever, will be someone from another game, that doesn't meant it's a fighting game too.
Signature I'll change this signature when I get bored of it (started on december 14th, 2013)
alexr
Berserker
PSN: TeamKandR
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
So much potential! I'd love to see some KOF characters... or Darkstalkers would be hella hype. I want Geese vs Hei and Demitri vs Kazuya!

We saw Harada tweet that picture of Ryu and Chun that one time, tho...

I'd be OK with Ryu and Chun. It wouldn't be all that interesting, but they're good characters.
Signature blog it out! http://alexr-fightgames.tumblr.com
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lukmendes
I doubt Nintendo would let their characters be added when Tekken 7 is not on one of their consoles (So far at least), also:

So no Goku or Vegeta or whatever, will be someone from another game, that doesn't meant it's a fighting game too.

but i thought pokemon was license to bandai-namco too?

I know it doesn't necessarily mean a fighting game, but that's a good question to what would fit in the tekken world?

gon didn't really fit but they still added him, so i guess it is real random guess.
joelbenitez
Virtuoso
PSN: Illest513
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bad At Tekken
I think it'd be pretty awesome to have guest fighters from other non bamco fighting games just to promote solidarity in the FGC.

Word up yo, solidarity, yeah what he said. lol
Signature Capcom Vs Snk 2 Extreme Fighting Site
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=joelbenitez513
Lukmendes
Tier Whore
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pcmacro
but i thought pokemon was license to bandai-namco too?

Yeah, with Pokken and all, I just don't see Nintendo letting their characters be outside of their own console, specialy with Tekken 7 not being in Nintendo's consoles so far.

I know it doesn't necessarily mean a fighting game, but that's a good question to what would fit in the tekken world?

gon didn't really fit but they still added him, so i guess it is real random guess.

Akuma "doesn't fit" as well, he was added anyways.

Harada said in this interview that if he could, he'd like to add Geese Howard:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/featu...ken-cart-race--

He also said that if he could choose two guest characters, one would be from a fighter, and another wouldn't, so those things are worth being considered, doesn't mean he'll do them though, we could get two characters from fighters or two characters from non fighters.
Signature I'll change this signature when I get bored of it (started on december 14th, 2013)
Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Blackdeath

Same here all the way! I personally want Lion and/or Shun Di, and Lei Fri

But I honestly think they might add 2 more street fighter guest characters as also a means of getting a head start on making tekken X Street Fighter as also a means of being more convincing that the crossober will actually come to fruition
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lukmendes
Yeah, with Pokken and all, I just don't see Nintendo letting their characters be outside of their own console, specialy with Tekken 7 not being in Nintendo's consoles so far.

Akuma "doesn't fit" as well, he was added anyways.

Harada said in this interview that if he could, he'd like to add Geese Howard:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/featu...ken-cart-race--

He also said that if he could choose two guest characters, one would be from a fighter, and another wouldn't, so those things are worth being considered, doesn't mean he'll do them though, we could get two characters from fighters or two characters from non fighters.

Man, if Harada was a fan of King of Fighters of any degree, it would be so awesome to see Terry Bogard in T7, it would be super hype
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
BlackViper55
Raijin
PSN: RenegadeBlade27
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
To me, Sabin from FFVI would make a perfect choice.
Signature My TTT2 Teams:
Males: Devil Jin/Armor King, Paul/Heihachi, Marduk/Jack-6, Lee/Hwoarang, Ancient Ogre/Jinpachi
Females: Miharu/Asuka, Michelle/Jun, Kunimitsu/Zafina, Jaycee/Anna, Lili/Nina
But I always pick different teams
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Could be Bandai anime characters. Pretty sure people would be hype if either Spike from Cowyboy Bebop or Major from GITS was in Tekken.

I can't think of non-Soul Namco characters people would be excited about. Brad from Urban Reign? Albatross from Rolling Thunder? Hardly anyone played those games.

Non street fight guest fighters would be nice. I would definitely like to see Geeze Howard and hit people with Rage Art Raging Storm. However considering in the leak video of Heihachi doing the Dragon Punch Nina had Chun-Li's fighting stance, I would guess Chun-Li is at least one of those characters.

New game mode might be a Tag mode since Harada mentioned they considered putting it into future games. Tekken Ball? Force Mode? Tekken Bowl? Tekken Card Tournament? Could be anything, but whatever it is, it should be fun.
Signature The danger's real enough. Let's not imagine it where it doesn't exist.

okizieme
Kyu
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
So i guess we not getting lei now that they said dlc characters coming?! Thats bullshit if they do, but if not,then i just hope he makes a return to the tekken scene again. i love lei. lei is more tekken that those cheap ass bears n chreddy plus bob too now, come on man wheres lei??!!!!

Originally posted by Ultimat
Man, if Harada was a fan of King of Fighters of any degree, it would be so awesome to see Terry Bogard in T7, it would be super hype
Crystallust94
Kyu
PSN: Crystallust94
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Since I don't know many other fighting games....I suppose it may be one character from POKKEN and one from Naruto, as it happened with Lars many years ago...

But I hope it will be something better than this! Some sexy guy...............
What about Kratos and Ashura (Asura's Wrath)???

Last edited by Crystallust94 on Mar 20th, 2017 at 14:37

Crystallust94
Kyu
PSN: Crystallust94
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by okizieme
So i guess we not getting lei now that they said dlc characters coming?! Thats bullshit if they do, but if not,then i just hope he makes a return to the tekken scene again. i love lei. lei is more tekken that those cheap ass bears n chreddy plus bob too now, come on man wheres lei??!!!!

Dooooon't worry, the most important characters will be in for sure. Lei will be whether a surprise in the game or will be revealed shortly before the release of it to create hype
Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
PSN: SrSonriente
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baron West
Could be Bandai anime characters. Pretty sure people would be hype if either Spike from Cowyboy Bebop or Major from GITS was in Tekken.

I really doubt they ever would do something as cool and amazing as this. That would deserve a whole new game, really.

As long as they don't add even more stupid characters from SF, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Katamari or Mario... Oh God, they have so many imbecile possibilities, this is going to be awful.