Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken 7 will launch worldwide for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on June 2, Bandai Namco announced. Included as part of the Tekken 7 package are a season pass which grants you access to 2 new characters, new gameplay mode and a large assortment of costumes. For pre-ordering the game, you can gain access to use the character Eliza in the game on day 1 when you pick up your copy on June 2. Check out the full details and new trailer below!
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Rage & Sorrow

Details:

The Tekken 7 Collector’s Edition (available for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One); collectors and hardcore Tekken fans will be pleased to learn that there will be a Tekken 7 Collector’s Edition containing a spectacular statue measuring approximately 12” tall by 18” wide that features a dynamic pose with Kazuya fly kicking Heihachi in mid-air, a special Steel Book, and the official Tekken 7 soundtrack.

A Tekken 7 Season Pass (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam) will grant players access to three content packs aimed to extend the Tekken 7 experience and will include new playable characters, new stages, a new game mode, costume packs, and a bonus 35-piece Metallic Costume Pack. *Each DLC pack contained within the Tekken 7 Season Pass may also be purchased separately.

Tekken 7 Pre-order Bonus (available today for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam) will feature DLC access to Eliza, the famed vampire character that made her Tekken debut in Tekken Revolution. Xbox One players will be treated to an added bonus of receiving a free copy of Tekken 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.

A special Digital Xbox One Pre-order Pack (available on the Xbox Store beginning on January 31, 2017) will include DLC access to Eliza and a free copy of Tekken 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.

The Tekken 7 Digital Deluxe Edition (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam) will include Tekken 7 and the Season Pass.

Lastly, the PlayStation 4 version of Tekken 7 will contain exclusive content: legacy costumes from Tekken 4 and Tekken 2 for King, Xiaoyu and Jin as well as a Jukebox Mode where fans can listen to classic Tekken music tracks and even create playlists of Tekken music to listen to while they play.

Fact Sheet:

The Best Fights are Personal

Raise your fists and get ready for the ultimate battle on the next generation of home consoles. Powered by the Unreal Engine 4, the storied fighting franchise returns for another round in Tekken 7. With the faithful 3D battle system and gameplay intact, Tekken 7 takes the franchise to the next level with photo-realistic graphics and new and innovative features and fighting mechanics. Tekken 7 resurrects the attitude, competitiveness and showmanship rooted in its arcade DNA to provide the ultimate fighting game experience.

Features

Unreal Engine 4 – Powered by the Unreal Engine 4, Tekken 7 sets a new benchmark for graphical fidelity for the fighting game genre, pushing the new generation of console hardware and PC visuals to the limit.

Seamless Story Experience – Hollywood-like, over-the-top cinematic action sequences blend flawlessly into fierce battles.

The Final Chapter of the Mishima Blood Saga – Tekken 7 represents the fi nal chapter of the 20-year-long Mishima feud. Unveil the epic ending to the emotionally charged family warfare between the members of the Mishima Clan as they struggle to settle old scores and wrestle for control of a global empire, putting the balance of the world in peril.

Roster of Over 30 Playable Characters – Select characters from an impressive roster of fan-favorites and all-new fighters, each with a distinct set of deadly techniques, martial arts moves and combos.

Street Fighter Cross-Over Character: Akuma – Street Fighter’s Akuma flawlessly transitions into the 3D space and joins the fray in an epic franchise mash-up complete with all his shoto-style moves and fireballs.

All New Battle Mechanics & Moves – Classic 1 vs 1 battles return along with new moves and battle mechanics like Rage Arts, Rage Drives and Power Crushes that make gameplay more accessible for players of all skill levels.

Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
¥€$
6th Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
2 questions

1) The 2 new chars. will be "NEW" or returning from previous games.

2) Ohhh bamco, season pass, really? Ok, will you actually tell us what are we giving you our $$$ for? As in show us every detail of all the dlc?

The story mode which i take it are most of those cgi cut scenes from has the potential to be the best one in fighting games, it looks amazeballs.

Dont care for Eliza which is fine coz i dont care for pre orders as well.

IM NOT PAYING YOU CUNTS ADDITIONAL $$$ FOR CHARS THAT SHOULD BE IN THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE >

Last edited by ¥€$ on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 17:24

Tech N9ne 92
Kyu
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I respect that Harada only wants to release T7 when its 100 percent finished, but srsly...they pushin the release date way to far away. its a shame that the game is out on arcades for more then TWO YEARS.

what I personally really dislike is the Season-Pa$$. YES everyone loves add ons like new costumes, fighters, stages etc but as a Tekken-Veteran im really disapointed that we have to pay for that stuff....remember when TTT2 gave us more than 7 Fighters for FREE?!

another question is why they choosed Elizia for a comeback...

Overall Im still excited for T7 but not as much as I was before i heard the true release date.
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I was hoping in march. Curious to know what this new mode will be.
Kilvoctu
Raijin
PSN: Kilvoctu
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty glad Eliza is returning, Would have been a shame for her only appearance to be in a soon-to-be-dead game. Never could bring myself to play TR enough to unlock her, so it'll be interesting to give that character a try for the first time.

Not too sure about the decision to do a season pass/digital deluxe, though. I thought the whole point of keeping Tekken games in the arcades for so long is partly to fund development for all the content for console versions, and having characters in the season pass seems a bit against Harada's past statements and philosophy, too. Dunno if he changed his mind or is being pressured by Bamco. I'm hoping there will be an alternative, free, way to get these characters, otherwise it's a barrier to learning all the matchups.
Signature Mains - and
Xtylish
Shihan
PSN: Robert-Ninja
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Well this is remarkably disappointing. Even longer wait, DLC, season pass, $$$ locked characters, titty vampire (not that I don't like her but c'mon), more PS4 exclusive features (music lol). More cancer QTE cutscenes. I honestly might just buy this second hand now with how hungry they're being for money. Or from a key reseller. That'll save me some dosh and second hand/key resold copies don't turn profit back to BN. It's the only way to let them know this isn't profitable (short of just not buying it completely).
joelbenitez
Virtuoso
PSN: Illest513
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey great news u cheap fucks, u don't have to buy the extra content if u don't want to. Leave the extra additional content for people like who love to have additional content to their favorite games and don't mind paying whatever for it.

Don't bash the game cause u hate paying for more content. Go eat at MacDonald's or Wendy's if u want a cheap meal, leave the steak houses and nice restaurants for us the hard working quality demanding individuals that like to be different and don't want to be near ghetto cheap broke cats.

Stop bashing my favorite game, if you have nothing good to say just keep quiet.

Release lei.
Signature Capcom Vs Snk 2 Extreme Fighting Site
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=joelbenitez513
Xtylish
Shihan
PSN: Robert-Ninja
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by joelbenitez
Hey great news u cheap fucks, u don't have to buy the extra content if u don't want to. Leave the extra additional content for people like who love to have additional content to their favorite games and don't mind paying whatever for it.

Don't bash the game cause u hate paying for more content. Go eat at MacDonald's or Wendy's if u want a cheap meal, leave the steak houses and nice restaurants for us the hard working quality demanding individuals that like to be different and don't want to be near ghetto cheap broke cats.

Stop bashing my favorite game, if you have nothing good to say just keep quiet.

Release lei.

10/10 for being ignorant of why people don't like $$$ locked content. It's not outright the cost. It's the fact that they've already made content for the game then lock it away so some will arbitrarily have it and some will not. DLC and season passes done in this manner for this release format isn't selling extra content, it's holding it hostage. I already have more than enough money for any content they want to release FYI. My gaming budget is fine. Video games are cheap anyway.

I won't buy any of it out of principle that they're not confident in their product enough to just sell it as-is. If they want to add extra stuff they can have it be non-game stuff. Art books, posters, the soundtrack on the PS Store, XBL Store and steam store, the Tekken movies in bundles, collectable stickers and they'll also be making money from Steam's trading functions with cards, backgrounds, emoticons, booster packs etc etc. There's a metric butt-ton of ways to sell extra content for fans (I've bought soundtracks and art for many games including Tekken). But instead they go the worst way. The in-game locked content way.

But more than anything this really confirms my fears that the Tekken franchise is no longer safe from the rest of BN's greedy ways like it used to be. When they released Tales of Berseria, a (niche AF game) with god damn Denuvo Anti Tamper DRM it was a worrying show of hostile posture to their consumers but there was still hope the TEKKEN PROJECT. Now there is not so much.

Make no mistake I think the core game and content is going to be great or at least better than pretty much any fighting game of the decade. But it doesn't excuse bad business practice and distrust of the fans. I highly doubt Harada had much hand in this despite what he's probably supposed to let on in interviews about making it 'perfect' first. This kind of thing always comes down from the suits upstairs. I still love Tekken and the Tekken Team and they'll get paid and enjoy success either way, so I don't feel bad about not funding business practices I find distasteful and against the spirit of tekken fans thus far.
eraezr
Kyu
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Xtylish
10/10 for being ignorant of why people don't like $$$ locked content. It's not outright the cost. It's the fact that they've already made content for the game then lock it away so some will arbitrarily have it and some will not. DLC and season passes done in this manner for this release format isn't selling extra content, it's holding it hostage. I already have more than enough money for any content they want to release FYI. My gaming budget is fine. Video games are cheap anyway.

I won't buy any of it out of principle that they're not confident in their product enough to just sell it as-is. If they want to add extra stuff they can have it be non-game stuff. Art books, posters, the soundtrack on the PS Store, XBL Store and steam store, the Tekken movies in bundles, collectable stickers and they'll also be making money from Steam's trading functions with cards, backgrounds, emoticons, booster packs etc etc. There's a metric butt-ton of ways to sell extra content for fans (I've bought soundtracks and art for many games including Tekken). But instead they go the worst way. The in-game locked content way.

But more than anything this really confirms my fears that the Tekken franchise is no longer safe from the rest of BN's greedy ways like it used to be. When they released Tales of Berseria, a (niche AF game) with god damn Denuvo Anti Tamper DRM it was a worrying show of hostile posture to their consumers but there was still hope the TEKKEN PROJECT. Now there is not so much.

Make no mistake I think the core game and content is going to be great or at least better than pretty much any fighting game of the decade. But it doesn't excuse bad business practice and distrust of the fans. I highly doubt Harada had much hand in this despite what he's probably supposed to let on in interviews about making it 'perfect' first. This kind of thing always comes down from the suits upstairs. I still love Tekken and the Tekken Team and they'll get paid and enjoy success either way, so I don't feel bad about not funding business practices I find distasteful and against the spirit of tekken fans thus far.

+1

Blind worship and being a fan of Tekken are different things. The first is willing to do things that could encourage more bad practices in the future and harm the series on the long run.
ICEYOUCOLD
Destroyer
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken 6 was announced in 2005 and took 4 years to hit consoles and that turned out to be one of the more successful games in the franchise. But yeah prolonged game development is never a good thing for the fans.

Eliza is sexy as FUCK! ...LAWD have mercy!

Originally posted by Xtylish
Well this is remarkably disappointing. Even longer wait, DLC, season pass, $$$ locked characters, titty vampire (not that I don't like her but c'mon), more PS4 exclusive features (music lol). More cancer QTE cutscenes. I honestly might just buy this second hand now with how hungry they're being for money. Or from a key reseller. That'll save me some dosh and second hand/key resold copies don't turn profit back to BN. It's the only way to let them know this isn't profitable (short of just not buying it completely).

I'm surprised DLC is in there, I remember a while ago Harada stated that he was against DLC and how he considered characters "chess pieces". I guess this shows a shift in his acceptance of DLC, it's whatever though I plan on buying all the pre and post launch content.

Last edited by ICEYOUCOLD on Jan 24th, 2017 at 06:03

Signature It will end where it started, between Kazuya and Heihachi...
Demonitzu
Europe Match Finder
PSN: Demonitzu
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Michael Murray

ppl saying content is "locked behind" DLC is so f'ing stupid. Can't speak for other companies but ours wouldn't be in the game otherwise

https://twitter.com/mykeryu/status/823736886883553282
Ashesfall
MMA look in TEKKEN7?
PSN: AshesFall
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
kinda interesting to know the arcade version after the console version will be supported longer.
make the most money of 2 worlds - gg namco, you are a business genius in 2017 ...

i read some "casual" comments on "casual" gaming sides, good luck ...
(i wont repeat them as i actually dont want to put to much spice in it - but honestly what do you guys expect to hear from a developer? no way there is some biased tone in the voice ...)

anyways i hope i am all wrong and tekken7 will sell like crazy
Signature Tekken7 hype Trailer
TT2online: Everyone without lag, dc or trash outfits(!), ggs
Tekken7: i vote for (Muay Thai)Bruce and (Heavy Weight)Craig

(obviously silly) Items in Tekken? thanks for ruin the atmosphere and art design... vote for "show Items OFF"!
iheartibuki
Kyu
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ICEYOUCOLD
I remember a while ago Harada stated that he was against DLC and how he considered characters "chess pieces". I guess this shows a shift in his acceptance of DLC, it's whatever though I plan on buying all the pre and post launch content.

He may still not like it but when the (empty) suits at Bamco tell him to or else then I don't think he has any choice in the matter.
Signature Kore ga genjitsu da
ratei
3rd Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm partially disappointed, PS4 version gets more content. Regardless, I'll still buy it on Steam.
Dr Devinefist81
1st Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
if they keep pushing this shitty game over and over they might as well not release the game at all.

Namco got a bunch of idiots working there...

stop playing with our emotions damnit
Signature Just play like you play
ICEYOUCOLD
Destroyer
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
At least this game won't take as long to come out as Tekken 6 did.
Signature It will end where it started, between Kazuya and Heihachi...
Karede
Champion
PSN: Karede
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm willing to spend the usual $60 on a game, or even as high as $80 up front for a game in a series I've enjoyed and am looking forward to. If the season pass is some sort of subscription to get online, you can count me the fuck out.

Plenty of games are enjoyable that don't continue to squeeze money out of me.

Not happy whatsoever about the "season pass" idea. That makes it sound like there will be more seasons to pay for. Namco and Harada are overestimating the popularity and desire for their product.

I don't want to hear crying about how they think they need more money to help support a product after it's been released, either. DotA, League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm: all 3 of these games have an entire staff tinkering with characters, balance, and meta creation all the time. None of them cost a single penny.

There are ways outside of nickle and diming your customers to get more money. Get creative. Put some advertisements in the corner of the screen while I look for a match. I don't care. Just don't make me feel taken advantage of.

Last edited by Karede on Jan 25th, 2017 at 16:56

Ring4200
Dragon Lord
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm wondering also, before the game came-out, if they announced other characters.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
LARS: Maximum Tekken [Armor] Enabled.
UNKNOWN: Don't make a [Tekken] girl a promise you can't keep
ALISA: Roger...full drive mode [activated], what did you say [Lars].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.
Dafirus
Kyu
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I just saw that Namco made available clothes of Tekken 4 and 2 only to Play4 ?!?! Are they going to make those clothes available to steam too?