Page Splits 123>...33
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Vargus
Champion
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
The old thread hit over 1000 posts.

Since we still have time before Tekken 7fr's console release, I'd figure we could continue the conversation in this thread.

Original Thread is located here.

Fixed some of the posts, with corrections so forth.

** Start of Part 1 of 4 **

Time for an ** NEW UPDATE ** 20190217 given the recent Julia and Negan gameplay trailers in T7 Fated Retribution Season 2(T7fr) or Tekken 7 on console

Season 2 Characters (Will Post Separate Images of Julia Chang and Negan when available.)

Armor King

Craig Marduk

Lei Wulong

Anna Williams

Continued in next Post...

** End of Part 1 of 4 **

Last edited by Vargus on Feb 17th, 2019 at 11:41

Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!!!.
?
Vargus
Champion
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
** Start of Part 2 of 4 **

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Geese Howard

Eddy

Eliza

Kuma and Panda

Miguel Caballero Rojo

** End of Part 2 of 4 **

Last edited by Vargus on Feb 17th, 2019 at 11:30

Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
?
Vargus
Champion
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
** UPDATED 20190217 **

Continued on from Post #2...

Lee Chaolan

Master Raven

Bob

EDIT Oh Well, So far I've got 5 right out of the 7 revelations so far or 6 out of 8 depending on how you look at it

Correct predictions

Original List

Bob - Popular, even if hated. YAY I got this right!
Lee - YAY I got another one correct!
Lei - YAY
Julia - YAY
Ganryu
Mokujin

If character count 36 to 38, all or some of these characters...

Kuma/Panda - Got this right too!
Wang
Zafina

Incorrect prediction but I don't predict that we'll get any more 'brand new' characters. I am almost happy that I was wrong. (in reference to Master Raven)

Another Incorrect prediction Eliza won't make the cut.

However if you look at Q2) Who I WANT to make it... in Post #4

Yes I didn't PREDICT that Eliza would make it, but I WANTED her to make it.

**** BELOW IS OLDER INFO THAT I HAVE KEPT TO ARCHIVE TO SEE WHAT I PUT BEFORE****

*** FOR MORE RECENT INFORMATION SEE PART 3 of 3 in Post #3 under LATEST THOUGHTS...

T7.0

The current character count for T7fr is 39 (that includes Akuma, Nina, Master Raven, Bob, Lee, Miguel, Kuma, Panda, Eliza, Eddy, Geese and Noctis which are in addition to the original T7.0 roster)

T7fr

WTF! They moved a lot of slots around!

I'll update the above T7fr when Geese is out and then again when Noctis is out. Though we probably won't see Noctis till sometime in Spring 2018

I still think the character count will be less, than the "35 to 38 range" that most think, Bamco will actually have.

(Currently its 39, WELL I GOT THAT WRONG!)

If its more than 38 (EDIT Which it is END of EDIT), it kind of baffles me what they are going to do about the players complaining too many characters to deal with.

The idea that they were going to circumvent this with 'timed release characters' is pointless, especially if everyone is going to be unlocked from the get go with the console release.

Tell you what, I'll be pissed if they decide to time release the characters on console and I don't mean unlocking by finishing arcade/story mode. But no need to vent just yet.

I suppose we should have a list of what has apparently been said on twitter by Harada and crew when it comes to the characters that will be in T7fr. I wonder if anyone has done that already, it'd be sweet if someone has. If so, please post a link to this, save all this bickering.

As for posts from here onward...

I thought of a better way to move the discussion forward is to have the following format for your theories / hypothesis'

Q1) List the characters you PREDICT will make it? and your reasons if you wish.

Q2) List the characters you WANT to make it? and your reasons if you wish.

As for mine...

pretty much unchanged from my original post.

** REPOSTED ** but in detail...

Q1) Who I PREDICT will make it...

If character count is 35 or under, all or some of these characters...

Lei - One of the most unique characters in the game, and we need Kung Fu represented
Julia - Unique Style and is missed by many since T6br
Ganryu - Unique Style and like Lei and Kung Fu, a Sumo wrestler diversifies the cast and fighting styles more.
Mokujin - I like Mokujin, but I hope they reserve this character slot for different character if we are going to have limited slots.

If character count 36 to 38, all or some of these characters...

Wang - Need an old Martial Arts Master other than Heihachi
Zafina - I believe she is the best fighting game character design since 2006 (T6.0) till present. I just wih she had better moves and properties. Also god dammit, she just came into the Tekken series.

All the characters in the 2 lists above, keep the cast very diverse, unique and stay away from cloning as much as possible like T4.

Continued in next post...

** End of Part 3 of 4 **

Last edited by Vargus on Feb 17th, 2019 at 12:05

?
Vargus
Champion
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
** UPDATED 20190217 **

Continued on from previous post...

T4

If you are going to add any more 'brand new' characters (and they have) replace them with Mokujin and/or Wang.

Incorrect prodiction but I don't predict that we'll get any more 'brand new' characters. I am almost happy that I was wrong.

Everyone else NOT mentioned...

Has been considered debunked from twitter (someone read it or heard it being referenced)

OR

could be considered a 'modern day' derivative of a main character

Q2) Who I WANT to make it...

All of the above, plus... everyone still alive (or not, more on this Later) as far as Tekken canon goes. Its the end of the Mishima Saga, get everyone they've ever had back for a 'Mishima' finale.

But in the interests of relevance...

I'd Drop Akuma, I understand that 'Tekken' might need him right now and what it'll do for the series. But for me, keep Tekken as 'Tekken' and SF as SF, but feel free to do VS Games, however that topic is for another thread. I do think as a character Akuma is awesome, I do like his design.

Also, People are really hating (and I don't think that is a too strong a word in this situation) on how broken he seems to be.

Anyway these characters...

Anna
A.King
Baek
Bruce - I don't care if Josie is in already
Christie
Jaycee - I'd say the original JayCee comes back wanting to prove herself after her car accident. Keep Julia as T6br Julia + TTT2 Michelle Unique moves and JayCee as TTT2 JayCee but replacing all the Julia Sharing Moves
Jun
Kunimitsu
Marduk - I don't care if Gigas is in already
Raven
Roger Jr

That makes it 52 or 53 if you separate Kuma from Panda, screw all the people that complained about T6br and TTT2 character count

But 52 ain't going to happen

Later You know I could have gone with 69 or 77

LATEST THOUGHTS...

Rhetorical Question...

Gee how many times am I going to post about this?

I guess I am excited for this game.

Current Character Select Screen

Will update once Geese is out.

There will be spoilers below, so watch the video first before reading on, if you haven't seen it already

YellowMotion's Video Part 02

After seeing Part 02...

If you want skip to the full prediction, click here

My thoughts on his roster...

- I don't think that Eliza will make the cut, despite his point of her 'Popularity' and the 'need of another fireball character'. WELL ANOTHER ONE OF MY PREDICTIONS WRONG!

- I'd agree with Miguel making the cut over Zafina, but I'd rather have Zafina personally, I find Miguel Boring, despite what some consider him higher tier.

WELL I GOT THE RED PART RIGHT SO FAR!

- I'd do agree with a brand new male character to the series, has yet to be revealed (could it be Bo Rodeo Montana?)

- Everyone else mentioned seems about right.

Though the following didn't make it in Yellow Motion's list.

Key -> Green Signifies at the end of the video for Part 3.

A.King II
Baek Doo San (understandably with Hwoarang)
Bruce Irvin (understandably with Josie)
Craig Marduk (understandably with Gigas)
Ganryu
Wang
Zafina

and Technically...

Raven (understandably with M.Raven)
Roger Jr

While I know this isn't an OFFICIAL source,

it did get me thinking.

This is what I WANT BANDAI NAMCO to do.

Once again NOT NECESSARILY WHAT I PREDICT WHAT WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

Character Select Screen with POSSIBLE slots, (Sorry Pictures Too Big, couldn't find smaller. hence URLs instead)

I think the following characters will be ALL the remaining squares. 18 Characters, 2 are palette swaps that share the same square, random select is off screen. I use up every "?" (question mark) slot that is in the screen shot. Including the big one in the middle of the character select screen, you could fit 2 character squares in there.

My List on who I WANT to make it, after watching the video.

Bob (confirmed)
Master Raven (confirmed)
Lee Chaolan (confirmed)
Miguel Caballero Rojo (confirmed)
Kuma II / Panda (confirmed)
Eliza (confirmed as DLC) with Eliza making it, someone in this list would get cut if they are going to stick with the same Character Select Screen
Eddy Gordo (confirmed)
Geese Howard (confirmed as DLC 2) looks another character from below will get cut, if they are going to stick with the current CSS.
Noctis Lucis Caelum (confirmed as DLC 3)
Anna Williams (confirmed as DLC 4)
Lei Wulong (confirmed as DLC 5)
Craig Marduk (confirmed as DLC 6)
Armour King II (confirmed as DLC 7)
Julia Chang (confirmed as DLC 8)
Negan (confirmed as DLC 9)
Baek Doo San
Bruce Irvin
Christie Montiero

Ganryu
Jun Kazama
Kunimitsu

Wang Jinrei
Zafina

Who gets Cut

Mokujin (I'd rather lose Mokujin than a regular character)
Raven (With 'Master Raven' in the game, it is highly unlikely Raven will make the cut)
Roger Jr (Not popular enough and someone had to get cut from the above list)
Jaycee (was a one off thing apparently)

One major flaw in the above lists, I don't take into account new characters. DAMN!

Stuff working out how many new characters and who they'll be, too f**king hard.

While NOT related to my list, below is FAKE, a FAN MOCK UP, I did not make this, just re-posting it. All credit goes to the original creator and post'er.

Thought some might like to see it.

Sorry Broken link, I am trying to find an alternative URL FAKE FAN MADE Character Select Screen,(Once again... Sorry Pictures Too Big, couldn't find smaller. hence URLs instead) Sorry Broken link, I am trying to find an alternative URL

Cheers.

** End of Part 4 of 4 **

Last edited by Vargus on Feb 17th, 2019 at 12:04

?
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
pretty sure the arcade roster ends up with bob miguel kuma panda and Lee, that as long as the rumor of an early February/March console release is eventually true. If the home version ends up releasing later, like in May or early summer, then of course there will be more arcade characters, at least one
SSfox
Foxstepman
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Arcade will continue to get characters for sure, even after the console release, and if characters will be added on console on post launch i bet they will also be available on Arcades (maybe not simultaneous release, but still tho)

Remember the announcement they made in back in May: http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...bution-man.html

I guess some characters like Lee, Miguel or Kuma (and a still not revealed yet characters) will be timed exclusive for console to give some value to the console version (so by then the game won't look Old AF), so they'll make that way even the exclusive Arcade players to purchase Tekken 7 console version. But they'll still release the characters later on Arcades, i mean that what the May announcement was for i think.
Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
CHINESE NEW YEARS = LEI WULONG REVEAL!!!

I bet it will happen, and if not then that's really fucked up
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
miranbkhn
Lone Wolf
PSN: miranbkhn
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
If they're waiting for special occasions to reveal characters then Anna should be revealed on St. Patrick's Day.
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
PSN: BlueBolter
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by miranbkhn
If they're waiting for special occasions to reveal characters then Anna should be revealed on St. Patrick's Day.

And when's that ?
Signature " at least Anna Nicole's got an angle to 'em. Anna's are just straight up McDonald's brows. Girl gotta get it together. Those are tweezers, not lawnmowers.
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
miranbkhn
Lone Wolf
PSN: miranbkhn
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BlueBolter
And when's that ?

March 17
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
PSN: BlueBolter
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by miranbkhn
March 17

Sooooooooo far away ?

Oh well , as long as I get Anna, I'm satisfied.
Signature " at least Anna Nicole's got an angle to 'em. Anna's are just straight up McDonald's brows. Girl gotta get it together. Those are tweezers, not lawnmowers.
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Me too I hope so for Anna Williams, or maybe a new character for Tekken 7.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
JUN: What a incredible [speech], you say darling.
JIN: You're the best [dad].
LARS: It's nice a word Brother, and here we go for the next [Battle].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I actually don't like the fact that Kuma and Panda are separate characters tbh, i think it would've been better if they put them in one character just like old Tekken games (yep sure they have different RA, but still same moveset), one thing i liked about Tekken 7 since the beginning is that the characters were all fully unique and have nothing in common, that one aspect i liked Tekken 4 and than made this game too sick back then, but it's look like we're back again into the clone city. Next step i guess they release both Eddy and Christie as separate characters, Namco still don't get it that quality is over quantity. Now that i think about it, i won't even be surprise if Kid Kazuya and Kazuya are gonna be separate character.
Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
That will be the same, Character Selection from Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3, when we choose, (Kid-Goku to) (Goku), that just my guess.
Koneko_Neko
Deity
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
I actually don't like the fact that Kuma and Panda are separate characters tbh, i think it would've been better if they put them in one character just like old Tekken games (yep sure they have different RA, but still same moveset), one thing i liked about Tekken 7 since the beginning is that the characters were all fully unique and have nothing in common, that one aspect i liked Tekken 4 and than made this game too sick back then, but it's look like we're back again into the clone city. Next step i guess they release both Eddy and Christie as separate characters, Namco still don't get it that quality is over quantity. Now that i think about it, i won't even be surprise if Kid Kazuya and Kazuya are gonna be separate character.

Didn't Murray said he didn't like Anna for being a clone...lol
Signature I am nearly the space cat---

My ultimate pick team
Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
PSN: SlayersliceNL
XBL: Slayerslice
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't understand why Anna is so wanted. She isn't that popular in casual or competitive play.
Rather see Zafina get back in the mix.
Signature Training undercover
Playing to win vs. Playing for fun
Bosca
3rd Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Anna is definitely popular among casuals and worth a spot imo, tho I do think her fans are also just louder than others. I feel her, Julia and Lei are the most in demand. With them and/or Zafina, I wouldn't be mad at one more new male character.
Signature
SSfox
Foxstepman
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
There are a lot of characters in the game already though, PS4 version is looking promising btw, and Harada promise that Loading time are gonna get better consoles

Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
This is great for all characters, to keep the Original outfits, from Tekken 7 and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
By Looking at Vargus's list... Eliza wasn't there

But then, I'm more baffled that she's there. Even for DLC Purposes because they said on twitter that she wasn't going to be in the game but then

I'm waiting for Vargus in this
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.