Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Demonitzu
Europe Match Finder
PSN: Demonitzu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Bandai Namco is shutting down the servers of Tekken Revolution (PS3) on March 21, 2017. The game and its downloadable content will be removed from the PlayStation Store on January 21, 2017. The company revealed it will also shut down the servers which are required for the online mode of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
Demonitzu
Europe Match Finder
PSN: Demonitzu
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
In-game message Tekken Revolution:
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. would like to inform its fan that service and content support for TEKKEN Revolution the PlayStation 3 will begin to sunset as of January 21, 2017.

On January 21, 2017 TEKKEN Revolution and all related downloadable content will be delisted from the PlayStation Store as we begin to cease service for the game. We will keep the onlnie servers running for fans who download TEKKEN Revolution prior to January 21, 2017 to continue to enjoy the game until March 21, 2017 at which point all service for the game will end.

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment is committed to delivering the best gaming and entertainment experiences to our fans around the globe; we would like to thank our fans for their continued support for our games and services.

Official Tekken Facebook page about Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online:
It's had a long run! We're discontinuing the online service for Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection as well . The game will continue to be fully playable offline and through ad-hoc multiplayer.
kafei
3rd Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
They should at least add a vs. mode before they take it down so it could be played offline. Someone Tweet Harada!
Dr Devinefist81
Kyu
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
DR had a good run... played it for many years.. lots of combos you can get away with and some juggles you couldn't do online.. i remember biting alot of bullets for lag compensation at the time. but ppl still played regardless of the "Early years lag"
Signature Just play like you play
Niko22
3rd Dan
PSN: kakefaen
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow! I did NOT see this coming at all o_O

I mean both Tekken 5 DR and Revolution are still played ONLINE on a daily basis by people around the world.
Signature -=[HTID]=-
Ring4200
Dragon Lord
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
This will be sad, I remember the good moment I spent, with Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection on PSP.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
LARS: Maximum Tekken [Armor] Enabled.
UNKNOWN: Don't make a [Tekken] girl a promise you can't keep
ALISA: Roger...full drive mode [activated], what did you say [Lars].
La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière.
SparklyUnicorns
Fujin
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone else think this is a hint that we'll get the console release in March?
SSfox
Foxstepman
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
That's not a huge loss to me tbh, TR is a bad Tekken game imo. While T5DR is my favorite Tekken Game ever, but the netcode is really bad tbh, so that's not a huge loss imo, and the game will still be playable offline so. But sur Eliza fans will suffer from this lol

Something sick that Namco could do one day, is putting all main Tekken games in one disk on a remastered version with a new and updated netcode. Just think about playing Tekken 4 with a strong and solid online netcode, hell that would be pure kreygasm. I mean not necessarily now cause T7 is supposed to come soon, but for example the day they'll announce Tekken 8, that would be so cool like a Tekken anniversary edition to make the transition.

Yeah i know, will never happen with the real Nandai Bambdai, right. lol
Signature : "Este Torneio do Rei dos Punhos de Ferro vai ser interessante"
: "certo, è vero"
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Me Aka has the best Mom in the world <3
Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Shit, they are shutting down T5DR!?!?

That game is super dope.

We will never get stages and music as cool as DR : (
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
Jay Schüler
Expert
PSN: HeartBreakJake95
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SparklyUnicorns
Anyone else think this is a hint that we'll get the console release in March?

I hope it is.

TR honestly is my least played Tekken ever. I won't miss it. I did forget DR had a console release though. The PSP version eat up alot of my playtime.
Signature If you win, help the other man to his feet. If you lose, celebrate with the other man for his victory.
Schüler All Stars-
Excellent since '07
Learning for infinity.
alexr
Berserker
PSN: TeamKandR
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ultimat
Shit, they are shutting down T5DR!?!?

That game is super dope.

We will never get stages and music as cool as DR : (

They're shutting down the online component of T5DR. You'll still be able to play it offline!

Online was basically dead anyway -- I couldn't get any matches last couple of times I tried :-(

But DR is super dope for sure. Now we'll just have to have people over in person to play it!
Signature blog it out! http://alexr-fightgames.tumblr.com
rhillfake
Kyu
PSN: bottlehead99
XBL: WasBottlehead99
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I just got a PS3 near the beginning of this December and, being the Tekken fan I am, got Revolution and bought DR Online (I don't have the PSP version cuz no PSP but I would get it if I had one). I played Revolution online probably 14+ hours in a month. I sadly couldn't find anyone online for DR so I never got that online experience, although I am still glad I bought it. I played it a good amount of time alone and with family too. Its game play is more fun IMO than the PS2 5. What would be really cool is if people made them both playable through custom servers like several ps2 games have had done to them. Hopefully 7 will have total conversion mods to make the older games playable on PC.
Signature I own Tekken 1-3 on PSX, Tekken 4-5 and Tag on PS2, Tekken 5DR and 6 on PS3, Tekken 6 and Tag 2 on XBox360, and Prime Edition on 3DS.
Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by alexr
They're shutting down the online component of T5DR. You'll still be able to play it offline!

Online was basically dead anyway -- I couldn't get any matches last couple of times I tried :-(

But DR is super dope for sure. Now we'll just have to have people over in person to play it!

Yeah I can still play it, but since there will be no more online component, that means it's hard for me to find people to play DR, especially kentucky suck as far as FGC goes
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
rhillfake
Kyu
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ultimat
Yeah I can still play it, but since there will be no more online component, that means it's hard for me to find people to play DR, especially kentucky suck as far as FGC goes

After writing that I couldn't find anyone and never played it online, I went and found one dude online. Maybe those three matches we played will be the only ones I'll play of DR...
Signature I own Tekken 1-3 on PSX, Tekken 4-5 and Tag on PS2, Tekken 5DR and 6 on PS3, Tekken 6 and Tag 2 on XBox360, and Prime Edition on 3DS.
alexr
Berserker
PSN: TeamKandR
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Awww. Well, let's play it! Anybody want to set up a lobby this week? I'm usually online in the evenings, California time -- send me an invite on PSN!
Signature blog it out! http://alexr-fightgames.tumblr.com
rhillfake
Kyu
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by alexr
Awww. Well, let's play it! Anybody want to set up a lobby this week? I'm usually online in the evenings, California time -- send me an invite on PSN!

Around what time, cuz I'm four hours ahead.
omara95
Destroyer
PSN: pdomara
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll miss DR still play it regularly and usually don't have trouble finding people online. Anyone in Europe who's up for some games add me on psn.
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
It must be a regional thing because I have never been able to find people playing DR online. I have more luck finding people who play SCIIHD and SCIV. It is still a fantastic game and being able to play it offline is fine by me.

My biggest disappointment about TR is that Heihachi, True Ogre, and Jinpachi were never playable. I was not a big fan of the stat system or the invincible moves. Nor was I enthused about the character unlocking system which didn't give people a choice who they could unlock. TR being accessible to so many people meant a lot more people lagged. This game ending is no great loss, but it is unfortunate for anyone who liked Eliza and her gag boobs.
Signature The danger's real enough. Let's not imagine it where it doesn't exist.

Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
PSN: SrSonriente
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
So Tekken Revolution is finally ending.
Tekken Zaibatsu has been so sad to read this last 2 years... with that insult of a game dissapearing, we finally got some real good news!
Still a mixed blessing. DR is a good game, it doesn't deserve to even appear in the same title along that other crap.