T7FR Tier Thread 4: NamCop Nerf Sights on Who...?

Page Splits 123>...47
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Who IS in the NamCop nerf sights?

Only anyone can guess.

Anyhow we've picked up here again. Tier lists seem to now drop down to D for some, which I'm not sure I can see since I associate D-tiers more with less balanced games. Hakaiou had Jack at C which seems a little low for such a generally solid and reliable character, even if he is unexceptional.

We might see some more tier lists pop now that we've seen a few. Some have similarities, some have differences, of course depending on side of the pond. I'll dig up a few and edit the top post.
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
EmpathicMimicry
Iron Fist God
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd be interested to hear from folks what the Lars situation is at the moment. (Looked on Lars forums but noone's really posted there in a while).
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, Knee i think way underrated him. Everyone else seems to at worst stick him in the 'Everyone' tier(AKA that 'Decent' tier I guess.)
Signature

they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
PSN: yiggs_au
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
heh, wonder if this "Ling is S tier" meme will get her nerfed prior to console release?

I'm not seeing the bandwagon that's usually associated with "KNEE SAYS SHE'S TOP TIER"
Signature twitch.tv/yiggs_au | @yiggs | #BUFFLING
Alley-Oop
ZAMASU ROSÉ
PSN: Sento_k
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Probably Ling, definitely her.
Signature Hakai !

Kazumi finally got a Heaven Sweep! Now bring back Miharu-chan!
S2_Dotoring
Broken mess
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't know about nerfs, but I'm sure Dragunov will probably get a few more buffs (around 7, like Ver D) and Bryan will get another CH launcher.

Hopefully they buff the recovery on Lili's ws2 so I don't have to watch Knee drop more combos.
Signature t7 sux
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EmpathicMimicry
I'd be interested to hear from folks what the Lars situation is at the moment. (Looked on Lars forums but noone's really posted there in a while).

lars super linear, 0 ch game, 0 keepout, very unsafe launchers except for ws1 (u/f+4 super linear) only thing keeping him competitive is strong juggle damage

b+1 needs to have more threat a lot of tracking moves at least has knockdown if not ch launch

i dont think hes bottom tier but he's definitely weak
Michin Nom
Legend
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Harada - "Nobi didn't win this year's EVO and Global Championship. Should we delay Tekken FR for console release and keep buffing Drag so Nobi can get one final shot at EVO 2017?"

Kappa.

Originally posted by Abigan2K
b+1 needs to have more threat a lot of tracking moves at least has knockdown if not ch launch

Agreed.

Last edited by Michin Nom on Dec 27th, 2016 at 12:50

deadcat
Virtuoso
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
What I hope:

- Bryan, Dragunov, Ling, Law, Akuma and HWOARANG nerfs
- Gigas, Shaheen and Josie buffs
- King to be left alone

What will happen:
- Unjustified buffs to Bryan and Dragunov until Nobi wins again
- Alisa nerfs, because of something to do with the above point
- Fly under the radar Steve and Bob buffs, making him disgusting top tier again
- More nerfs to King and his throws. But damage of df+2 increased by 1 point to distract people.
- Devil Jin CH db+2 will now juggle. Because, because!
PendaS
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by deadcat
What I hope:

- Gigas, Shaheen and Josie buffs
- King to be left alone

What will happen:
- More nerfs to King and his throws. But damage of df+2 increased by 1 point to distract people.

Haha on the Bryan and Drag points. I thought I was the only one noticing that!

I hope Nina receives some buffs so she can break into the top 15 at least.
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
PSN: BlueBolter
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
What I hope:

- Gigas and Josie , Chloe and Lili buffs
- King to be left alone
- Claudio's Uf4 Crush properties and hitbox fixed

What will happen:
- Random Kat nerf ( cuz random needs is shat she has been getting lately )
- Lili gets nerfed ( just the everyday routine ) - Retarded buff to Law ( everyday routine again )

Corrected a few stuff in bold . Also Shaheen is fine and does not need to altered in anyway.
Signature " at least Anna Nicole's got an angle to 'em. Anna's are just straight up McDonald's brows. Girl gotta get it together. Those are tweezers, not lawnmowers.
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
it is pretty hilarious at the tinfoil hat buff theories As if JDCR doesn't co-main Drag like he has for years and Korea/hard-core competitive just won't tier whore anyway rendering it moot. If they hypothetically buffed Bryan or Drag or Devil Jin or even Gigas to T4 Jin levels people will just start whoring them.

Top tier folks are top tier in games because devs want them to be. Capcom keeps Akuma and Chun and Ryu (In some form, E.Ryu being better in IV) high because they and fans like them . SNK will never have Iori lower than A+* because he's both a dev and fan favorite for over 20 years. It's dev choice plain and simple.

The other options for buffs and nerfs would be either random die rolls(Odds we buff! evens we nerf! on a 20 we leave them!) or musical tiers like NRS(nice character you have, would be a shame if someone nerfed it...until next patch then they're S again!). Alternately you can go the homogenized way (yawn.)

So long as shit can compete, which guys like KaT prove, game will be fine. I think buffing the lower tiers right now might be the best bet to be honest. I do think the lowest can use some love. Just make everyone big and badass.

*2002 I think aside

Last edited by Azaael on Dec 27th, 2016 at 16:44

Signature

Kane
Lucky Lili
PSN: emily_rochefort
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
What will happen:

mhmm.

ling too I bet.

~~~

there's not a lot of information when it comes to tier lists. jack was probably placed lower mainly because his tools vs everyone else, ranks, etc. tournament results don't count for everything
Signature 💢 repping the Tekken Kawaii Brigade ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) (◕‿◕✿ ) ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡ °)

Originally posted by Lukmendes
I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Actually as an addentum:

There is a drawback to the 'make everyone amazeballs' thing now that I think about it. It would take away the odd underdog victory people legit like watching. I cant help but think KaneandTrench winning with Yoshi was more hype for a segement of the audience than if he used Paul or something.

I just wish I could figure out how people think they buff for winning tournaments. Again since people seem to think people just won't tier whore. Like in S2 SFV right now folks are showing their loyalty dropping mains and grabbing Akuma and Urien in droves or at least grabbing them as immediate subs.
Signature

Raccoonus
Expert
PSN: MuyMapache
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm still relatively new here. I know who Nobi is and all that but what started this theory that Bamco is intentionally buffing his mains until he wins thing?
Signature Tail Team
Working hard to go pro!
Catch me on Steam as Raccoonus
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Tinfoil hats?. No, seriously, I have no idea otherwise. Again, if competitive folks who know how to play 1/3+ of a cast to a competitive level didn't tier whore ever I might find some grain of truth to it but the fact that if there are powerful characters people will play them renders it nothing more than speculation to the wind.

It gets even sillier when you hear people talk about Bryan, Law and Mishima buffs when a lot of Koreans/Americans play them as well on top of it. I wish I could tell you more. I just think the devs want certain characters strong for whatever reason(they like them, they're hype in tournaments, I really can't say.)

(also as an aside it was KoF XI that Iori dropped to mid after some research. He was buffed to top immediately after again in subsequent games. Those were the days of Gato/Kula/Oswald being whored or pocketed all day.)
Signature

Raccoonus
Expert
PSN: MuyMapache
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Getting back on point. Can they please...someone, probably only God can do it. Save Gigas?

I mean look at him man, I don't even intend on playing the dude and I feel sorry for Gigas players. There's no legitimate reason to pick him instead of Jack if you're a fan of the big guys. His hitboxes are all over the place, his RD has so many flaws and ways to straight up nullify it (not sure if you can still grab him out of it). He ain't a better Marduk, he ain't a better Jack. He went from this big scary mysterious dude to a joke quick.

I don't understand someone putting Jack in D tier or the D tier existing in the first place. He looks pretty solid this time.
Signature Tail Team
Working hard to go pro!
Catch me on Steam as Raccoonus
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
don't care Gigas getting joke tier'd. I'm going to play him a lot, first because my roster in tekken7 got drastically reduced, and second cause I like him/It

And please Harada quit buffing Dragunov. He's always been scrubby enough. Buff.., I don't know, Gigas, Heihachi, Kazuya, Hwoarang, Nina etc as they at least requiere skill. Reward effort
Gouki Mishima
5th Dan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Why would anyone still want nerfs to Akuma? He's basically been nerfed to oblivion.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Gouki Mishima
Why would anyone still want nerfs to Akuma? He's basically been nerfed to oblivion.

That oblivion being that he's still a strong character...
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.