Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Just revealed on the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2016 Grand Finals stream. The beloved comic relief animal characters from the Tekken series, Kuma and Panda will be in Tekken 7. According to what was shared on the stream, Panda and Kuma are not palette swaps and have their own distinct visual appearance as well as their own Rage Art animations. Check out the reveal trailer that is available now on Bandai Namco Europe's YouTube channel:

Last edited by Flying Wonkey on Dec 10th, 2016 at 12:07

Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken 7 – Kuma & Panda Reveal Trailer | XB1, PS4, Steam

Last edited by Flying Wonkey on Dec 10th, 2016 at 13:58

Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Di_
Pandastic
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Damn, too late, I wanted to post it .

I understand that many people are disappointed but myself, I am totally hyped. Two sweep juggle starters and a mid armor move which throws onto the wall. Are we getting the best bears ever?
¥€$
6th Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
wtf, i hope there is another char. reveal, bears over Lei, Chang? ohhh boy you are doing your best to piss me off bamco
congrats to bear players of course but come on already, is my boy in or not, im tired of this
Fernandito
Iron Fist God
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Kuma looks really damn good graphics wise. I'm even impressed
Paul_Hamdali
Champion
PSN: Maurice_Phoenix
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ¥€$
wtf, i hope there is another char. reveal, bears over Lei, Chang? ohhh boy you are doing your best to piss me off bamco
congrats to bear players of course but come on already, is my boy in or not, im tired of this

Smae here...Thinking also the same thing. I wish Lei get released but not...Seems that char never even absent even once in the series...Lei? Only once. TEKKEN...Hope he does make a comeback
Signature "I'm Going For The Gold"
"You Have The Right To Remain Sexy"
masamune blade
Inactive
PSN: MasamuneKuma
XBL: IntiIntiKuma
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Di_
Two sweep juggle starters

looks like its just the rage drive hitting off HBS b+1+2 and its pretty slow, it might just combo off grounded i doubt anything else will combo off it.

from the look of the video the combo damage and inconsistency will be similar to previous bear iterations. (we cant see the damage but the combos displayed are pretty much the same as before)

there isnt some awesome new combo filler string or anything.
Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Paul_Hamdali
Smae here...Thinking also the same thing. I wish Lei get released but not...Seems that char never even absent even once in the series...Lei? Only once. TEKKEN...Hope he does make a comeback

I hope they lied about the last character reveal and suprised us with Julia and Lei
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
Xiaolili
2nd Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I love Panda's rage art - so cute . I did not expect the bears to be revealed. I do not mind them being in the game as long as they reveal other characters that are wanted much more.
Dyanzo
Kyu
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
A lot of people are really mad at this haha. But i've always loved using bears and honestly it looks like we might actually be getting the best versions of them ever!
Signature
hellzgate169
4th Dan
PSN: hellgate169
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Before the reveal, it was made known that there was only 1 character left to reveal before launch. Does that mean this is it? Or is there a possibility that there will be more characters after release? I want more characters like Lei and Anna, but at the same time I don't want T7 to become the DLC mess that is SFV.

To be completely honest I would've had nothing against the reveal if it wasn't the last character before launch. Making the bears the last characters is not really the best way to build up hype for the game, but I'm happy for the people that do play the bears.
Signature Waiting on that Tekken 7 Story Mode
Dyanzo
Kyu
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by hellzgate169
Before the reveal, it was made known that there was only 1 character left to reveal before launch. Does that mean this is it? Or is there a possibility that there will be more characters after release? I want more characters like Lei and Anna, but at the same time I don't want T7 to become the DLC mess that is SFV.

To be completely honest I would've had nothing against the reveal if it wasn't the last character before launch. Making the bears the last characters is not really the best way to build up hype for the game, but I'm happy for the people that do play the bears.

I highly doubt this is it. Bears are great and all but i think they will either announce a beloved old character or a unique new character next to build up more hype for the console release. But then again they might be adding more characters as DLC. Only time will tell..
Signature
hellzgate169
4th Dan
PSN: hellgate169
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Alright so, I did a bit of digging, and normally I don't trust "leaked" material but this is from July and so far it's gotten Miguel, Bob, Lee, Raven (sort of), and the bears right. That's every reveal so far since after this was posted, if I'm right.

https://twitter.com/flying_wonkey/s...433458251214848

Does that mean Julia, Lei, Anna and two new characters are confirmed? Or is this something that was already discussed and/or debunked on TZ long ago?

EDIT: here I am just realizing that's the twitter of the mod who started the thread. I'm an inattentive idiot. But regardless could this mean the other predictions on there are also possibly true?
Signature Waiting on that Tekken 7 Story Mode
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm cool with burrs. I figure they've been in every tekken save 7.0, I think it was more when they announced them that surprised me.

If they're separate though it's a bit weird I guess? Particularly on a slimmed roster. I mean if any characters could have been swaps it could have been bears(especially with Lee/Violet being what seems to be a swap.) Maybe they just had a really good idea for splitting movesets? I guess we'll wait for more info. Maybe it is just the rage art, dunno.

I will say the fur looks pretty damn nice.
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Muphukka
#SENDAPUBLISHER
PSN: HERETIC
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I am part bear and want nothing to do with Tekken 7.
Karede
Champion
PSN: Karede
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
So they put a fuckin bear in a Kung Fu/Martial Arts game over the most unique and interesting move-set they have created to date.

It's more infuriating that they've added bullshit characters like this and ignored Lei than it would have been had they just left all of it out.

I can't believe how out of touch these dumbasses are....
DinoTheDonDaDa
Deity
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by hellzgate169

Murray confirmed he made a error saying the was "a" character release... he said there suppose to be more, possibly next month when they announce the release date (that's my guess)

on the topic, Bears look great, was looking forward to them cuz I figured the would look sick on next gen... cool that they made them so over the top and silly, I understand the hate, but Kuma and that damn salmon is hilarious to me
JuliaChangBFF
Legend
PSN: MoonlighTxArroW
XBL: RiboNucl3icAcid
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
During this reveal -- I said to myself "look at the wall damage I can get!" Not a fan of the bears, but I'm glad it made the day(s) of those that do use them. As Dino said -- there "should" be another reveal next month!
Signature ....My Current Tekken 7 Trio

Lethal Elbow Queen #Julia4Tekken7FR
ELMantisShrimp
6th Dan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
After the bears' reveal Michael said that he accidently said 1 chac left in NA finals... there are more to come you salty whipper snappers. Strategy wise leaving these chacs: Lei, Anna, Kuni,a Chang, Jun, and the revealement of the release date next month will reel you up real good if they are revealed after the released date.
Ring4200
Dragon Lord
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm just pray for Julia Chang or Lei Wulong, but Kuma he looks really awesome, with the Tekken-Armor-Soldier-Force.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
LARS: Maximum Tekken [Armor] Enabled.
UNKNOWN: Don't make a [Tekken] girl a promise you can't keep
ALISA: Roger...full drive mode [activated], what did you say [Lars].
La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière.