Early(and still Excellent) Lee Combo Discussion

Page Splits 123>...19
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Note the 'Early' part here, but I figure it would be nice to get a combo thread going at least for some bullshitting while we wait, now that he has his own forum. We don't have much to go on for a release as even Harada didn't confirm if he was arcades or console. Suppose we'll find out soon enough!

As usual with early stuff, stuff can change, etc. The top post can always be edited with new info. Besides raw commands(hell, even those can be adjusted, they have before), anything beyond the combos listed in the videos is speculating, theorycraft(okay, again, they can still be adjusted!) and more a place to shoot the shit about where they can take his excellence.

Here's the announcement video again in any case so we can see the combos:

An Excellent Trailer

And the combos used in it(if I miss-noted anything, please let me know)

uf+4, d+2, b+2~f x2,WS+2,4, S!, WR+3,4

CH 1+2, df+4, d+3,3~f(??), dash, 1,2~f, f+2,1 (This has the other 'd+3' string in it, so just guessing, hence ??'s. Will fix this when we know for sure.

b+1:1:2, WB!, b+2,4,3, S!, f,n, 3,4, W!...

f+1:3:3:3, W!, 4,3,4

f+3+4, WB!, HMS 3, S!, df+1, 1,2~f, 2,1,1(flip)-[NOTE! This actually may be uf+3+4, WB!, HMS3, S!, df+1, 1,2~f, 2,1,1(flip)]

HMS 2, uf+3,4, S!, df+3,2,3(Note: Light execution, and likely solid damage for all that.)

FC uf+4, WS+2,4, S!, dash, b+2~f Rage Drive, S!, f,f+3

Okay so some fast 'what we might know':

b+2,4,3, S! is looking to be nastytime after a wall/balcony break; we don't see lifebars but one can imagine that hurt in the vid. Lee has that great carry that could probably let him get people to the wall before having to S! allowing him to WB! and do that fat ender, perhaps? (I know the combos blow you away faster, now, though, so that has to be kept in mind.) b+2,4,3, S!, WR+3,4 would be another possible ender I think?

Ending a combo with something that gives the flip now looks like it can possibly lead to hilarity with BK/Eslide mix ups?

So far we have the four known S! moves(WS+2,4, uf+3,4, b+2,4,3, and HMS3), but they all cover a range of 1, 2, and 3 hit. Wonder if they're going to give him one or two more? (HMS3 seems to fill in that hole of P, S!, H, and is an AT on top of it on the ground. Note: I have a slight feeling he may get two PC's, one out of stance, but I'm not sure.) At a basic glance WS+2,4 is the workhorse wallcarry, with b+2,4,3 as a post-WB! S!.

uf+3,4 we see following HMS2, and that's one of those simple, nicely performing combos he has now. I imagine this could perhaps be in something like launch, 4, u+3, dash, uf+3,4, S!, df+3,2,3?

as tyler2k pointed out in his video here, his RD is a blue spark, which means potential launcher(as well as second S! which it does in video). at 16f and range 2. Has as much combo potential as anything else he does I'd imagine.

In any case it does feel like he's going to have a smoother entry curve than before but he's still going to have the complex stuff too; I mean we've seen his b+2 still in, I'm sure b:1:1~f will still be utilized and the whole nine.

Last edited by Azaael on Oct 11th, 2016 at 17:44

Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
FFwNayrith
Expert
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
With HMS 3 an S! move does that mean the old mechanic where Lee "grabs" his opponent with his foot and slams them into the ground will be gone, or only on CH I wonder?
Signature Tekken Elite Four:
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
He does it in the video, so it's still in in some format at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...y7FfnUDAX4#t=55

It's one of those moves that's only S! when it hits midair.

That move has a hella pile of properties. S!, H, P, and AT.
Signature

they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
ElementalDeity1
7th Dan
PSN: ElementalDeity1
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
His RD input looks like it might be f n 4 (or mist step 4) since he seems to do it directly out of the step (I.e. No backsways/cancels)
Signature = The Elemental Squad
Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Lee chaolan he was really impressive in Tekken 4, and his story was interesting.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
JUN: What a incredible [speech], you say darling.
JIN: You're the best [dad].
LARS: It's nice a word Brother, and here we go for the next [Battle].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ElementalDeity1
His RD input looks like it might be f n 4 (or mist step 4) since he seems to do it directly out of the step (I.e. No backsways/cancels)

Yeah it does seem it. Will be nice. I particularly like the implications of him also having a dangerous Range 2 option(even if he's in rage when it happens.) Of course we don't know what other brand new moves he's going to get. Given everyone has more than one, I suspect he'll get more than WS+2,4.

So hype for him. For my money, despite me being a Drag main I think I might be, if you rated my 'how pleased am I with these remakes' for all of the returning characters, the most pleased with how Lee is shaping up if you stack all aspects(visuals + gameplay) on top of each other. While I loved Drag in 7.0 and suspect to love him on the PS4 version when I play(6 weeks Q_Q), I can't lie that I wish he would have gotten a couple more... 'cooler' things than the side roll and the goofy elbow.

Granted this is still only going on one video.
Signature

ElementalDeity1
7th Dan
PSN: ElementalDeity1
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, Lee looks fantastic in this and as since I've started to play Lee seriously, I'm delighted he's back.

I think what I'm most excited about is his f1:3:3:3 just frame and I really want to know what his RA will be all about.
Signature = The Elemental Squad
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm going to quote a Lee maining buddy of mine with the RA:

'I can pray Lee Harassment will be in his super. I know it's going to be like 30,000 kicks, but I'll still pray.'

I tend to share this sentiment.

Though funny enough a surprising amount of folks I talked to want the RA to end with Harassment, and I wonder if it's favoured enough they'll give it to the fans.

And I literally squeed when I saw the original Acid Rain again so yeah. I can't wait to see the tournament hype for that one.
Signature

Drake the Demon
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll be damned... Tekken 7 on PC, and them bringin' the old pimp back!

Now let's see if my dusty ps3 pad fits a PC port...

Last edited by Drake the Demon on Oct 9th, 2016 at 16:18

Azaael
March of Tyranny
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
The old pimp has his new render!

http://www.tk7.tekken-official.jp/images/chara/lee/img_main.png

So much swag.

ALSO it seems that AZYG4LYFE made a discovery with a video rewatch; the f+3+4 that happens at 48 seconds into the video is probably a revamped uf+3+4; which in the video crushes lows(they even make it purposefully crush a low) and now has a HMS transition, which means HMS3 for an S! follow up(at the wallbreak at least). It IS probably a high by the look. It looks classier now indeed with the pose adjustments.

Last edited by Azaael on Oct 11th, 2016 at 20:09

Signature

AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Some thoughts, and theory crafting, speculation (because I'm so damn bored waiting for Lee's 'arcade' release lol)

early S! combos

From CH b+4

CH b+4~3, HMS+3 S!
CH b+4, u/f+3,4 S!
CH b+4, ws+2,4 S!
FC U/F+4~3, HMS+3 S!

If f,n,3,4 really is a S! attack, it means we get an auto S! combo starter, UNLESS the first hit doesn't launch.

new d+3,3~f, has potential for combo resets in mid-air, bit gimmicky, something similar to Baek's d/b+3,3~f FLA reset....

ff+3+4, to guaranteed(?) BK, OR ~ff d+3,3~f pickup and continue combo

CH 1+2,cc d/f+4, d+3,3~f~iws+2,4,S! will it work? If not, f,n,3,4 might work as an easy mode S! combo.

Another thought, will some combos require S! for us to do big damage?

Okizemie from the new KND animation at the wall.

2,1,1, if they don't recover, what can we get from this? BK? old d+3?

Will b+4 give new KND in midair? what about f+4,3? We'll see...

Punishing handsprings, correctly spaced BK, maybe, might be tricky under pressure.

More moves from HMS? Maybe a few more will do.

AZ
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

Azaael
March of Tyranny
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I've seen more work done on Lee's 1.30 video than I have some full bore characters who have been released. i'm sure we could be kept busy with another teaser if they want to wait until after the tournament.

I thought of another possible S! attack, not shown in the video but the move has the current animation, b,B+4. I know there are moves that have the S! like animation that weren't given the S! like property in the game, so it's just a guess of another potential one.

I'm hoping BK is an option for any well positioned KND, especially after the flip(like 2,1,1) since that or eslide could be a great mixup whether they tech or not.

I'm pretty sure those combos could work by the look? I mean assuming stuff is working how we think in the video coupled with how they work now.

I know the handsprings were nerfed last patch, what are they now?

I'd love to see a couple more HMS moves. Right now his HMS thing, with 3 becoming a power crush is pretty nice(they are hesitant to duck due to HMS2), but since 3 is an AT, it would be cool to get a fast throw out of HMS maybe?

Speaking of giving him other stuff wonder if he'll have a new JF tool.

I was thinking of a few extra things too:

with uf+3+4 looking like a low-crush that can do the HMS transition for the 3 screw by the wall(like in the video), and d+3,3~f being able to pick up after a df+4, in Tag 2 df+4 hits after uf+3+4. If that still happens it could be a nice follow up as well? say hypothetical:

uf+3+4, df+4, d+3,3~f, WS+2,4, S!, WR+3,4(I didn't put any fancy carry shenanigans in this.)

Jab to Acid Rain wall shenanigans:

f+1:3:3:3, W!, b+1:1:2, WB!, b+2,4,3, S!, WR+3,4 maybe? that would be hilarious retribution for someone doing a -10. Doubly so if he has rage since you could get a second S!.

his RD being usable:

as a 16f long range punish S! launch

After WS+2,3 to turn it back into a full launcher(I'm going to guess/hope it's back to it's -14 T6 level instead of -16 Tag 2 level)

Also, I think we could crank out some cool stuff with his wallcarry on a balcony break stage and the temple stage. His carry is so good that so long as they don't get blown back to far he'll probably be able to fairly easily take them to another wall below. On the temple stage he could do a great floorbreak combo into a big carry to another wall pretty easily I imagine.

I suspect his wall game will stay on the better end of the cast; they did tone them back but most of his good wall stuff I imagine will be intact(b+1:1:2, 2,2,3, 4,3,4, and so on.)

Looking at him now his punishment is going to remain top-notch, his wallcarry will remain top-notch, his pokes, oki, and wallgame will all be strong, I think the ol' boy will, assuming they keep going they way they are with him, be at one of his best incarnations yet in this.

(As always take anything in the post with caution and speculation.)
Signature

Jay Schüler
Warrior
PSN: HeartBreakJake95
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm really looking forward to seeing some more combos for Lee. I can't stop watching the trailer just because of his awesome combos.

I also wonder how difficult they'll be in T7. I'm still having some trouble with his easier b+2~f combos, but overall his combo game doesn't look as hard as before.
Signature If you win, help the other man to his feet. If you lose, celebrate with the other man for his victory.
Schüler All Stars-
Excellent since '07
Learning for infinity.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Speculating that his best and strongest combos will still require the chops, but his entry level dropped thanks to the natural wallcarry of S!. But with some front-loading and some of his nice strong S! choices(IMO, anyway), in the video his combos will probably trend:

Easy: the Launch, uf+3,4, S! df+3,2,3. Like that can likely be 'My First Lee Combo'. It can, IMO, work about with any launch by the look of things too at a glance. BK will probably allow an easy uf+3,4, S! follow up(you can hit it even now though you don't get the tailspin) and given that move's damage that'll be a chunky easy combo.

Intermediate wall carry will probably be the traditional launch, d+2, b+2~f x2, WS+2,4, S!, ender(like in the vid probably WR+3,4.)

I'd expect his advanced combos to still include the triple fang link with b+2.

The pickup after CH 1+2 if you notice forgoes a tailspin and ends with f+2,1 which could be used on a balcony break stage I imagine to get your fat b+2,4,3, S! in at the bottom.

Lee's still looking to have a nice high end to him, he just has a better entry point. His just frames are going to be fun. And after mastering his big 10f punish I'm not sure if, where I'm standing, there will be anyone in the game who can challenge those -10s like Lee(also counting WS+3,3 in there which can crush dreams because people KEEP challenging that damn move.)

His video really was IMO the best trailer of all of the FR entries(and felt like the best received as well). Even without the Rage Art since one can imagine what they might do with it.
Signature

Azaael
March of Tyranny
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Got a lot to do in this thread over the next day or two, thank you early Christmas <3

https://youtu.be/gf7wTzL7ZCQ?t=102

For starters is it just me or for a game with 'nerfed wall game', Lee will STILL fuck your shit up by a wall? 4,3,4 would have done even more.
Signature

|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Lee's wall game it TR was pretty good..........
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
That is true (I didn't much play TR I admit.) I mean hes always had that, I was a little concerned since 7s wall game nerf may have cut it back a lot but he still seems to obliterate you.

So far it seems his oki is still strong. With BId ground hit, that plus eslide mix ups, plus f+3+4 hits grounded as well. d+3 is still in.

f,n+3,4 seems to launch on the 2nd hit which means scaling not killed as much.

WR+3,4 gives the bound flip now instead but also gives a HMS transition.

RD launches and seems to be + on block according to JDCR. Also adds a 2nd S! used in combo.

f+1:3:3:3 just gives KND in open ground (looks like you get potential oki. Looks like also it gives W! from a short distance and not just right in top which is nice. )

WS+3,3 still in

There is apparently another vid floating around that shows a lot but the link doesn't work atm. I'll link the others in a bit!
Signature

Azaael
March of Tyranny
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Okay the only videos I can find atm are:

Lee vs. Dragunov: https://youtu.be/gf7wTzL7ZCQ

Lee vs. Devil Jin: https://youtu.be/aQc4Cw9kLOU

Lee vs. Miguel: https://youtu.be/eu-dfvDUrnw

Waiting for Saint's video to pop up again. that one was long. it had pretty bad filming but there was some good info in it apparently. I only got to watch half of it.
Signature

Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Lee Chaolan/Violet will be my fifth-main character, in Tekken 7 after Kazuya,Lars,Jin/Devil Jin and Katarina.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
JUN: What a incredible [speech], you say darling.
JIN: You're the best [dad].
LARS: It's nice a word Brother, and here we go for the next [Battle].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.
Benardus22
7th Dan
PSN: Benardus
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
f+1+2 is now i13 and thus his i13 punisher ( https://www.twitch.tv/copenhagenfgc @05:05:22 )
ws+2,4 just gives KD OH
B,b+4 screws opponents in the air
fc~d/f+4 on CH gives KD
Signature Nothing comes to those who wait.