Kazuya Mishima - Ask a question, get an answer!!!!

Page Splits <1234>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by vittujee
What if you do df12 into fc df,d,df1+2 throw? It's not guaranteed, but wouldn't the damage be almost a juggle? Or df14 into hellsweep and ff3 mixup?

Possibly. Still isn't as good as old d/f+1,4 light juggle or DVK twin pistons all the time really miss having that devil transformation all the time... and the glowing red eyes
ELV!S
1st Dan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Question about how to execute a common combo ender!

Typical combo: CH df2, 314, df14, now the ender looks like it would be dash df1, f2.
Sometimes I execute it correctly, but oftentimes it comes out as the f, N, df+1 uppercut, which totally whiffs. How can I execute the ender more reliably?

Thanks!
ESP
Warrior
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
^You slide fF (the dash) to df so that the input is this...

fF~df1f2 (instead of fF,n,df1f2)

Basically just hold forward.
Signature 2P account of LJE.
alexr
Raijin
PSN: TeamKandR
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ELV!S
Question about how to execute a common combo ender!

Typical combo: CH df2, 314, df14, now the ender looks like it would be dash df1, f2.
Sometimes I execute it correctly, but oftentimes it comes out as the f, N, df+1 uppercut, which totally whiffs. How can I execute the ender more reliably?

Thanks!

Good question!

Don't hit neutral: go straight from holding "F" in your dash to the df. You'll get it with practice!

There's a fair number of times where you want to dash into "df" moves, so this is a pretty general principle.
Signature blog it out! http://alexr-fightgames.tumblr.com
Dory'sYacht
Kyu
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
What's the best combo off of CH df+2 without pewgf?
mhou
Kyu
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dory'sYacht
What's the best combo off of CH df+2 without pewgf?

CH df2, 314, df14 S!, dash CD3 for damage
CH df2, 314, df14 S!, dash df1, f2 for carry
mhou
Kyu
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Kazuya's offensive play ready evolves around WD/CD variations.

As I've been watching Knee on youtube and noticed that he likes to do CD into FC df 3+4 which:
1. RC and KD
2. leaves you with -11f on block
3. guarantee ff4 on hit?

But it's really slow (23f), so I'm trying to find out why he prefers this move over the following god mid options:
CD ~ ws4
CD ~ ws3
CD ~ ff4
vittujee
Deity
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
fc df3+4 is high crushing and technically jumping mid that does 41 damage on normal hit using ff4 into cd,cd~ff4_cd,hs41 mixup.

Who the opponent is and what they are playing plays a factor in how good the move is. Characters/Players who use a lot of high's and or don't use a lot of mids that can float into juggle can make it safer. Characters like akuma, eliza, kazumi, ling, lili, lee, leo and mishima's can punish it harder than others, make it more risky to use.

Last edited by vittujee on Sep 4th, 2017 at 13:04

BIGBEEZY
3rd Dan
PSN: MIGHT MAN REAL RULER
XBL: BIG BEEZY BEST HA HA
#29 “Quote” Edit Post

BIG BEEZY SEE GOOD MISHAHMA TEKKEN PC!!

NAME S A D B O Y S!!!

BIG BEEZY SAY WHO S A D B O Y S??

S A D B O Y S PLAY KAZUYAH JIN HEICHI DEVIL JIN!!!!

BIG BEEZY RESPECT S A D B O Y S GOOD MISHAHMA!!!!!
Signature BIG BEEZY MIGHT MAN REAL RULER NO PROBLEM!!
FOLLOW @GARYGIGAS HELP SPONSOR!!!
L.O.S.T.30-3
1st Dan
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
SS+3 dash d/f+1,2 f,F+4 is a thing.
alexr
Raijin
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by L.O.S.T.30-3
SS+3 dash d/f+1,2 f,F+4 is a thing.

I just played with that in practice mode for a bit, and it looks like it might be guaranteed?? It's not a *combo* as such, but there might not be a way to avoid the ff+4?

Can anybody find a way that the ff+4 is not guaranteed?

Thanks for sharing this -- that is sick
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
It's guaranteed

Can also do ss3 df1,4 S! uf3 ff4
Signature Follow me on twitter if you breathe
https://twitter.com/Macnuzz

Tekken 7 is ass
alexr
Raijin
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by S2_Dotoring
It's guaranteed

That's badass.

So like, under what circumstances is an ff4 guaranteed, exactly? Is it guaranteed every time you end a combo with a spike like uf3 or df1,2 ?
L.O.S.T.30-3
1st Dan
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by alexr
I just played with that in practice mode for a bit, and it looks like it might be guaranteed?? It's not a *combo* as such, but there might not be a way to avoid the ff+4?

Can anybody find a way that the ff+4 is not guaranteed?

Thanks for sharing this -- that is sick

Your welcome I've watched Korean players do it for a while & just threw it up here on a whim.

Originally posted by S2_Dotoring
It's guaranteed

Thanks! I'll have to work on that one.
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by alexr
That's badass.

So like, under what circumstances is an ff4 guaranteed, exactly? Is it guaranteed every time you end a combo with a spike like uf3 or df1,2 ?

Spiked while FUFA / FDFT / FDFA

At the wall: f4 spike ff4 is guaranteed if done fast enough, similar to 7.0 (f4 b4)
Signature Follow me on twitter if you breathe
https://twitter.com/Macnuzz

Tekken 7 is ass
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by vittujee
fc df3+4 is high crushing and technically jumping mid that does 41 damage on normal hit using ff4 into cd,cd~ff4_cd,hs41 mixup.

Who the opponent is and what they are playing plays a factor in how good the move is. Characters/Players who use a lot of high's and or don't use a lot of mids that can float into juggle can make it safer. Characters like akuma, eliza, kazumi, ling, lili, lee, leo and mishima's can punish it harder than others, make it more risky to use.

Because using fc+3+4 out of wavedash looks like hellsweep, so it entices people to duck or push a button. Generally low risk decent reward. Plus, even if it's 23 frames, how many frames in total is cd into WS+3' or cd cancel into twin pistons?
vittujee
Deity
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Because using fc+3+4 out of wavedash looks like hellsweep, so it entices people to duck or push a button.
hellsweep is unseeable thus people who attempt to block/attack it on reaction are just not very familiar with kazuya, but perhaps this makes it more effective against newbies.

Plus, even if it's 23 frames, how many frames in total is cd into WS+3' or cd cancel into twin pistons?
If you're always going to do CD, then you don't have to count the CD at all.

You can just compare them post-cd; hellsweep from button press is i16, ws3 from button press is i21, cdctp post cd is 13+1+5~8=i19~i22 (source http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...868#post4827868). Another thing to keep in mind is that you can delay the activation of hellsweep during CD to attempt to match it's active timing with cdctp or cd+3+4 to prevent rhythmic guarding.

Twinpistons at -12 is better risk/reward purely as a mixup with hellsweep, but cd+3+4 does actual high crush possibly from the first frame, making it more evasive thus safer in open. Leo and Lee can punish cd+3+4 harder than they can punish twinpistons and Akuma, Eliza, Mishimas, Kazumi and Ling can punish both almost equally hard.

Also cd+3+4 is considerably less prone to failure than twinpistons.
Mr Shoto
Kyu
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been watching a lot of Kazuya and it seems most players don't go for 2 EWGF combos and instead tend to go for 3,1,4 instead after one EWGF. This seems make sense as it seems to wall carry further although I'll see this even on infinite stages. Is there a purpose for this? It seems 2 EWGF would be optimal damage wise at least on infinite stages. Is this due to spacing/axis perhaps as 3,1,4 is pretty much guaranteed whereas a maximum spaced EWGF may cause the second or follow up after the second to whiff?
alexr
Raijin
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr Shoto
I've been watching a lot of Kazuya and it seems most players don't go for 2 EWGF combos and instead tend to go for 3,1,4 instead after one EWGF. This seems make sense as it seems to wall carry further although I'll see this even on infinite stages. Is there a purpose for this? It seems 2 EWGF would be optimal damage wise at least on infinite stages. Is this due to spacing/axis perhaps as 3,1,4 is pretty much guaranteed whereas a maximum spaced EWGF may cause the second or follow up after the second to whiff?

Also it's easier! You don't have to do multiple ewgfs. If you flub the ewgf and get a df+2, you'll just drop the combo after that second hit.

For the combo I normally do, it's like 2 less damage if you do 3,1,4 instead of another electric.
alexr
Raijin
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Is anything guaranteed off of CH f+3?

The frame data says it's "+23g" on counterhit. What's the "g" stand for?
http://rbnorway.org/kazuya-t7-frames/

The game *says* that this is a combo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqPuGxoSGtw