Kazuya Mishima - Ask a question, get an answer!!!!

Page Splits 123>...4
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Aman005
Champion
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I created this thread for random questions about Kazuya. You can post your queries here
Signature No nothing, It was just a pewgf.......It's the best you can get!!!!!!!!!
lee4073
Iron Fist God
PSN: dg4073
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
You have access to the game?
Aman005
Champion
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lee4073
You have access to the game?

Nope, but I made this so that people wont go for the FR thread if they have general queries and questions about unconfirmed stuff. So many people are active and some of them would answer your questions here.
Signature No nothing, It was just a pewgf.......It's the best you can get!!!!!!!!!
m_abdalla3
Kyu
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
As a new player, how do you get dash into df1 f 2 or just in general with combos, have seen dash into df 14 aswell? It's driving me nuts when I get to the part of the combo.

Have tried ff slide to df 1 but not consistent, I am using a joystick.

https://youtu.be/9J_zsreZEJ8

Was at 2.42-2.50

Thanks
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
If what I think you're trying to ask,

F,n,d,df,f,d/f

The f out of dash is then followed by sliding down into d/f.
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
You have the right idea, dash and slide to d/f+1. This is a more generic Tekken skill you'll need.

You can try to buffer the dash during the recovery of the previous move.

Just try doing f,F and hold "F" until kazuya dashes.

In that example then, on a standing opponent, do 3,1, f,F... and see if kazuya dashes.

Then try to land b+3,1, f,F ...d/f+1,f+2 when you see Kazuya dash.

Then get the timing down for the juggle. The juggle has tighter timing.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
L.O.S.T.30-3
1st Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Is f,F+2 Kazuya's best option to block punish, Asuka's b+3 or is dewgf possible?
Aman005
Champion
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by L.O.S.T.30-3
Is f,F+2 Kazuya's best option to block punish, Asuka's b+3 or is dewgf possible?

I'd say use f,f+2 while you get consistent with dewgf
L.O.S.T.30-3
1st Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Aman005
I'd say use f,f+2 while you get consistent with dewgf

Ah, so dewgf is possible I guess I'll just have to practice it a lot more. Thank you Aman005.
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
What are all the conventions for all of Kazuya's unique moves during the special match at the end of story mode?

I know...

f+3+4 and b+3+4 is the short teleport.
f+1+2 is a rage drive that seems worse than his normal Devil f+1+2.
He has two version of an air recovery laser. What the conventions are I am not certain.
He has no rage art.

Also does story assist actually do anything?
Signature An ounce of practice is generally worth more than a ton of theory.

My Youtube

Digons
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: DigonsKiller
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
So I want to start playing with Kazuya. All the execution is not that big of a deal since I already play with Jin and Devil Jin . Wavedashing to ws moves (and more), EWHF (can do EWGF with no problems).

And I think this character suits me, since I'm not that agressive on my plays. BUT, there is ONE problem. I just can't do 15f EWGF. Well, I CAN do it, but not consistently. With Jin and Devil Jin, I have easy 15f launchers, and I knew that would become a problem some day.

SO, to the question: how do I improve my 15f EWGF? Do I just have to keep doing it or is there a trick on how to do it on block? I've heard you can buffer a command during blockstun, but I don't know if I'm correct...
Signature Asuka's ass...

I would pay 100$ to play with Ancient Ogre on FR
vittujee
Deity
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baron West
What are all the conventions for all of Kazuya's unique moves during the special match at the end of story mode?

I know...

f+3+4 and b+3+4 is the short teleport.
f+1+2 is a rage drive that seems worse than his normal Devil f+1+2.
He has two version of an air recovery laser. What the conventions are I am not certain.
He has no rage art.

Also does story assist actually do anything?
I don't understand your question for most part, but story assist allows for fully bufferable i13 or possibly faster electric. sidestep red fireball, df2 and story assist 1. df12, d4 and d3 can be punished with SA1.
vittujee
Deity
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Digons
how do I improve my 15f EWGF? Do I just have to keep doing it or is there a trick on how to do it on block? I've heard you can buffer a command during blockstun, but I don't know if I'm correct...
Traditionally ewgf and mishima cd moves are fully unbufferable and I have no reason to believe that has changed in T7.

Even if a part of it was bufferable, you'd still have the remaining execution to perform as fast as possible and easiest way to do that is still by doing the entire execution as fast as you can from the earliest point of recovery where you can start the entire execution.

Go find yourself a -20 move and learn to do 10/10 ewgf punish on it, then -19, -18 and so on. Kazuya can do i13 electric as he can bypass d in the input (f,n,d/f+2), even if you're not going for i13 it's still 1 frame faster than regular ewgf input.

Moves have different timings to their recoveries, but once you know how to punish a bunch of different moves you kind of get groupings where you can think of "this is the fastest recovery" or "this is the second fastest recovery" and such.
Digons
Tekken Lord Black
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
^thanks!
Signature Asuka's ass...

Digons
Tekken Lord Black
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
What am I doing wrong with my ewgf punish? I can do it i15 sometimes, but most of the time, df2 comes out. It',s not even an execution error because in the comand history, it's perfectly clear that I input f,n,d,df+2...
Signature Asuka's ass...

NYG5
Iron Fist God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
How do you guys feel about Kaz no longer having a standing 15f launch punisher? I feel my block punishment game took a big hit because of it, and the ability to launch punish some of the evasive moves in the game.
vittujee
Deity
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Digons
What am I doing wrong with my ewgf punish? I can do it i15 sometimes, but most of the time, df2 comes out. It',s not even an execution error because in the comand history, it's perfectly clear that I input f,n,d,df+2...
when input is correct but you get df2, then you started input too early. ewgf is fully unbufferable, which means you have to manually time it.
vittujee
Deity
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NYG5
How do you guys feel about Kaz no longer having a standing 15f launch punisher? I feel my block punishment game took a big hit because of it, and the ability to launch punish some of the evasive moves in the game.
What if you do df12 into fc df,d,df1+2 throw? It's not guaranteed, but wouldn't the damage be almost a juggle? Or df14 into hellsweep and ff3 mixup?
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by vittujee
when input is correct but you get df2, then you started input too early. ewgf is fully unbufferable, which means you have to manually time it.

Can't you hold F during the block and then do n~d/f+2 at the right timing? Still a lot harder than mashing d/f+2222222 as other characters can do.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
vittujee
Deity
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
As far as I know, you can do electric block punish via hold F during the block and then do n~d/f+2 at the right timing.

I was suggested that in T6BR, but I eventually rejected it because it was a lot easier for me to have only one input for launch punishing, be that whiff punishing or block punishing. But that may not be the same for everyone.