Master Raven in FR

Page Splits 123>...10
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Since Raven doesn't have an official section yet, here's the changes I've seen in the official release video.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6gXxKawG7_4

Frame Data from Inatekken

http://seesaawiki.jp/w/inatekken/d/...cd%ad%b5%bbTFR#

Please refrain from derailing the thread.

Known changes:

• (SDW f+4),3 - Causes S! mid-combo
  • 1,2~HAZ - New transition
  • HAZ 1+2(?) - Immediate launcher from HAZ
  • (d/f+2),3 - Causes S! mid-combo
  • qcf+3,? - Some new air extension ending in HAZ 4 AT
  • FC d/f+3+4,4 - Ends in HAZ 4 spike, doesn't seem techable
  • (b+4),4 - Now causes S! mid-combo
  • SDW f+2,4,? - Ends in a teleport
  • (b+2,2),3 - Now causes flip over
  • b+1+2(?) - Raven's PC attack, causes W!
  • (4~3),3 - Now causes S! mid-combo

• RD starting with f,f+3 - Likely f,f+3+4,4,2(?)
  • RA starts with a HAZ 4 animation

Moves that don't appear changed:

• d/f+2 - Probably still i16
  • d/b+2
  • SDW 4,3,4
  • qcf+1~HAZ
  • HAZ 2 - Possibly new input
  • 3~4,F
  • 1+2
  • f,hcf+1+2
  • d/b+3
  • f+3+4
  • d/b+2,1
  • f+3+4,4,2
  • 4~3

Last edited by QDogg on Dec 13th, 2016 at 01:44

Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
SSfox
Foxstepman
PSN: SSfox__GITS
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
She is PERFECT.

The only thing that sucks is... we'll have again to wait another 7 months to play her, while seeing a bunch of people enjoying her in the Arcades. A Tekken fans only console classic i guess.
Signature : Goin' somewhere?
: Yeah.. but... sorry, that's not your business.
: Sigh, i wanted to test the Raven's Fighting Skills
: You probably will in some way, i heard their Master is coming. Excellent isn't it?
DYNA$TY
Drunken Immortal
PSN: Akushitsu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Can't wait to see more gameplay of her.
Signature Team Next Generation
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
PSN: BlueBolter
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Quoting myself from the info thread :

Master Raven seems nice , i like the electric effect on her teleportation though . But I'm less fan for her outfit , a little too sexualised for me. I personally would have preferred Raven though . One thing I'm interested is why is she called Master Raven ? Is she like Raven's mom ( she would look older though ) or perhaps is she the leader of Raven's organisation ( that'd be cool if it is though ) ?

I really love her Rage Drive though . Its my new fav in the game.
Signature " at least Anna Nicole's got an angle to 'em. Anna's are just straight up McDonald's brows. Girl gotta get it together. Those are tweezers, not lawnmowers.
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
Pooh Hardy
Iron Fist God
PSN: poohhardy
XBL: eww no way
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
shes also rocking lars and alisa uniform

what, did male raven get promoted to something like crow or something? dumping her on us?

pfft, that's so raven
*Badum tss*
Signature : Holy shit. Our redesigns look so awesome, Leo.
: I know right? I practically look like an SNK prota-
: Ahh crap, Steve is coming. He thinks he looks so cool now.
: Hey guys, check it out! I rock the hood better than Jin!
tyler2k
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Let's get the discussion going.

SDW f+4,3 - Huge buff, in previous games it would grant huge +frames but also was a nosebleed stun, making the +frames basically null and void. Now with it causing S! stun, it should provide consistent pressure.

1,2~HAZ - Buff, a needed change that will allow Raven to parlay his old 1,2 pressure/punishment into an immediate 50/50. Assuming the frames are still there, I wouldn't doubt the meta change giving Raven free HAZ 3 chip damage and having the opponent otherwise guess between HAZ 1 and HAZ 1+2.

FC d/f+3+4,4 - Buff, with the changes to the ground/wakeup game in T7, the old FC d/f+3+4,4 would likely not be able to provide any pressure afterwards. Now ending in a HAZ 4 spike, the opponent is left in FDFA right next to Raven where Raven should be able to apply pressure somewhat safely.

b+2,2,3 - Buff, while the string will likely remain untouched and punishable, by causing that type of flip-over on (b+2,2),3 it heavily infers the kick is now a ground hitting mid. This will likely cause interesting OS meta shift at the wall where we'll see CH (b+2),2 HC for free SDW 1,4 W! otherwise finishing with the ground hitting kick.

SDW f+2,4 - Buff, Raven now has the ability to end in a somewhat quick teleport and more importantly doesn't end in SDW. We don't know much about it yet but there appears to be a few attacks that can possibly end in teleport.

qcf+3,? - Buff, the ability to end in air AT is huge, especially since Raven can already end his combos with f,f+3, qcf+3 to safe tag in TTT2. Similar to SDW f+2,4, this qcf+3 AT might be another glimpse at Raven's teleport options, more information is still needed.

RD - From its speed, Raven's RD will likely be able to be used as a combo ender open-field but my guess is that it'll be primarily used as a wall ender. It's extremely fast so we'll see how it develops.

RA - Raven disappears and attacks with a HAZ 4 which likely means it'll low crush reducing the possibility of incoming damage that must be armored through. With that being said, extremely low attacks might go right under it.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
cris4thewin
Expert
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
if SDW f4,3 causes that spin animation on hit like other tailspins it means it will wallsplat and her wall game becomes more dangerous
tyler2k
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
True, good point. The buffs are real.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
though given Raven was sort of near the bottom of the barrel, I wonder if these will finally make 'a functioning character.' (okay I exaggerate a bit here about the 'finally' make a functioning character of course. Raven just had...issues and like heaps of them. Okay a lot of heaps.)

also whenever a character is announced now-no matter who it is I immediately think 'What will their Akuma potential be.' I guess that's going to be hard to tell from one trailer of course.
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone have any idea at all about how steep Master Raven's learning curve will be? In TTT2, it felt like Raven took a lot of effort to learn for how limited he ended up being. I really hope Master Raven will be at least mid tier so it's actually worth a shit to learn her.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
cris4thewin
Expert
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
well if it stays NC I mean, one can only hope
haven't seen 4,1 yet, hope it stays in and db4, I already saw ff3 and ff4 from her rage drive so those moves are probably in as well
tyler2k
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
What Raven really needed where QoL buffs and less situations where Raven can be at advantage but if he reacted incorrectly, or even small variances out of his control, he could get punished severely. Phasing out nose bleed stun in favor of S! stun is one such step in the right direction.

Like King in T7, changing Raven's consistency is the best thing that can happen to her. Now granted it'd be nice to get some of her -14 moves down to -13 or so, that's ultimately not what was holding him back. Reverts to the TTT2 nerfs, some new transition options, and probably a stronger i15 punisher would help Raven out in spades.
tyler2k
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Does anyone have any idea at all about how steep Master Raven's learning curve will be? In TTT2, it felt like Raven took a lot of effort to learn for how limited he ended up being. I really hope Master Raven will be at least mid tier so it's actually worth a shit to learn her.
Likely slightly easier but assuming SDW and HAZ aren't missing a ton of options, will still have quite the learning curve.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon

Prediction/Speculation:

I suspect M. Raven is going to stay basically more advanced even if some things are lighter to learn. Just a hunch, but my reasoning: I feel the 'hipster' types of characters they reckon have a certain sort of fanbase for reasons that go beyond their style and such; I feel that they DO want to ensure there's a few tougher, weird characters in the mix to appease to people who like those types, even if the game is trying to target new players, they don't want to gut ALL the characters/take their identity away.

While i feel they did swap the appearance to try to get in more people(really, I mean she looks like she could drop into a MOBA as 'M. Raven: The Shadow' or something with her design), I feel that the casual players who just want a cool Overwatch ninja aren't going to care about difficulty(it doesn't affect them), which leaves the small core who might actually play Raven the First because they legit like that weird shadowy complex ninja style. (I don't think every difficult character by the time FR drops will be so 'lucky' though.)

/end speculation(and given how I fucked up every EVO prediction this weekend I could be wrong.)

Last edited by Azaael on Jul 18th, 2016 at 20:30

Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
cris4thewin
Expert
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
did haz always had high crush properties or is it because jack is tall? (fun fact: zaf can crush jack standing 2 with her df2 even if she is at -5)
I'm guessing launch ff3 df2,3 could would, if not maybe launch 4,1 SDW f4,3
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh, I have no doubt that true Raven fans will main Master Raven no matter how difficult she is to learn and regardless of her position in tier lists. That also goes for players that have newly-found interest in her now that the character was "redesigned."

I mean, I tried to pick up Raven many times in Tag 2 but every time I came to the conclusion that the effort was too great for what I'd get. The learning curve wouldn't be much of a problem if I was gonna make Master Raven my main but since that is unlikely, I don't know if I should invest in her as a sub-character when I could probably learn 2-3 easier subs in the time it'd take me to learn Raven. Hence why I'm inquiring about this issue.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
tyler2k
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon I don't know if I should invest in her as a sub-character when I could probably learn 2-3 easier subs in the time it'd take me to learn Raven. Hence why I'm inquiring about this issue.
That's a question for the ages, though, and honestly I'm happy it's one that has to be asked. If there weren't some type of entry barrier she might be the next Bob, Lars, or Shaheen for all we know. What we know so far is that Raven has received buffs and being in pretty much trash tier for TTT2, there's really only one direction she can go.

Only time will tell, though
tyler2k
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by cris4thewin
did haz always had high crush properties or is it because jack is tall?
HAZ has some evasive properties to it, would be nice to have a consist crush, especially for 1,2~HAZ on block.
Digons
War Lord
XBL: DigonsKiller
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I really want to know if 3, 3 jails on block...
Signature Asuka's ass...

I would pay 100$ to play with Ancient Ogre on FR
Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Her Armor looks like Lars Alexandersson, but i'm wondering if Lars at the end of Tekken 6, and go to work with Raven Team.
Signature KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
JUN: What a incredible [speech], you say darling.
JIN: You're the best [dad].
LARS: It's nice a word Brother, and here we go for the next [Battle].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.