T7 FR Character Changes you want to see, Part 2

Page Splits 123>...26
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
And a note: While some move discussion is of course fine in the thread(as will happen in a thread about, well, moves you want to see on characters, since if someone proposes something, it should be able to be answered), if a long debate looks to start to happen about said thing, it should be moved to a more appropriate thread(which can be determined at the time), just to keep this one cleaner.

Link to original thread: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=131560

Try to keep debates to something that might resemble something adults would do and keep whining to a minimum.
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
MacNuzz
Banned By Mod
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Arc blast -12 again

-

wtf, you can give this thread a number at the end, but not the community thread?

Last edited by MacNuzz on Apr 26th, 2016 at 17:56

Signature Ideal tier list for Tekken 7 Fated Retribution Top tier: Rucky Chroe, Claudio, Lars
                                      Bottom tier: Everyone else
Originally posted by Miss Rochefort:
if i had to pick one, it would be Steve
i want his c0ck inside me XDD!
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Leo could seriously use a better screw attack than KNK 2.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
PSN: BlueBolter
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Make Kat's ff4 less -ve on block or give her another homing move .

Maybe a fast HAR poke too ?
Signature " at least Anna Nicole's got an angle to 'em. Anna's are just straight up McDonald's brows. Girl gotta get it together. Those are tweezers, not lawnmowers.
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
Alley-Oop
ZAMASU ROSÉ
PSN: Sento_k
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Give Asuka a i16 hopkickuuuu
Signature Hakai !

Kazumi finally got a Heaven Sweep! Now bring back Miharu-chan!
dawee59
Master
PSN: dawee59
XBL: dawee59
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Give Asuka an i10 punisher

Completely change her b4 string (but maybe keep it same for wall combos)

Buff FC df2 a little bit....

Give ff1 a little more range

And fix that df1 hitbox

My biggest wish would be an i10 proper punisher, I don't want any i14 launchers, I think she should be buffed a bit.
Signature make Asuka's cancans NC! #buffasuka
R.I.P. and
king1won
Banned By Mod
PSN: TheArtOfTheManji
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
due to the buffs he got theres not much reason to use nss with yoshi anymore

so i think you should atleast be able to keep it inbetween rounds
Signature Best team :3

infamy- "you aren't aware that yoshi players are different. yoshi players are passionate, they love their character and don't give a shit how good or bad he is."
TakedaZX
Warrior
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Updated List for Lars

Df21 - Make Df2 have some sort of crumple stun on CH making the 1 follow up hit confirmable. It doesn't need to be an extremely loose hit confirm but enough to where it's possible.

If it's considered a juggle state like arc blast and vanilla df2 it'll neuter the damage enough to where the CH boost isn't ridiculous.

Also let this move track left heavy. I've heard a rumor it does and some videos I watched a while ago hinted to the possibility. I'll have to find them again.

B1 - if side step is really good in FR extend the range back to Vanilla B1.

Ff1+2 - This move was hella good before and to say it was balanced back then is kinda... wrong. So I don't want it to not be a screw launcher.

I want it to screw attack on airborne/juggled opponents for the swag.

Df3 - left tracking as its kind of useless in neutral right now. At 16i it's not a desirable poke. I find more use out of DE raw than on block or hit with the transition and even WITH the follow up the reward is pretty minimal.

Put some fear in the opponents by letting it track left and now he'll have a decent poke that doesn't give more than pressure.

On a side note if it does land you can continue to pressure his left side with DE and SE.

DE 1 mostly catches left because of realignment properties on the stance at certain frames.

SE Df1 catches left step as well and is now safe so it's worth throwing out that sequence from Df3 to DE 1 to SE Df1.

SE 3 catches left as well so if you have the hard read then you can let it rip.

B1+2 - knockdown on CH please.

Those are the only ones I would consider necessary as Lars is still a good character but he progressively keeps getting weaker in comparison to the rest of the cast since he's being normalized. That's making his flaws stick out more than before.

Here are my extras.

111 - let it NC.

Db23 charge kick - First I'll start by saying the charge should also be given to f123 but the kick itself should only take on the animation of db23 if the kick is fully charged.

The new deal will be that db23 can transition into DE without the charge just like f123. If the kick is fully charged this will still be possible but the difference will be that it can be cancelled out of just like raw DE.

To make it better, DE 12 will be guaranteed. BUT nothing else will be. Would only truly be scary at the wall as DE 12 is a techable knockdown. SE pressure is still available as well though the 50/50 is weaker on NH than in tag and t6...

B4 - Change animation to an aggressive back handed toss after the shock, guaranteeing a stomp. Damage can be normalized in the attack throw so that the damage isn't too ridiculous in conjunction

That's it for now.
AmyVista
Lone Wolf
PSN: AmyVista
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Make Claudio's b1 a safe CH launcher once again, but remove the S! properties.

Make Claudio's b4,2 NC, but -12.
Signature
MacNuzz
Banned By Mod
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Claudio
2,1,2: NCC (it's -14)
b4,3: less punishable + faster recovery (combos etc)
Remove mid crushing on Genocide Cutter, easier to punish
uf3: flip spike

Lars
DE1:2: why did they even remove it in the first place
uf4: flip spike
Replace d3 with something useful, preferably not something that does 10 damage and is -14

Josie
d4: slightly more damage + slightly more punishable
uf3: slightly less mid evasion (Kaz df2 etc)

Devil Jin
db2: -13
cd4: Launch on clean hit only
cd4,4: +5 OC on hit

OILMAN
f3+4: Removal. Reason: +11 on hit, -1(?) on block, gives a free unscaled ws3 if used in a juggle
uf4: easier to punish

-

All the other shit is in the other thread and one at the top of this thread.

-

1000 posts, where's my prize?

Last edited by MacNuzz on Apr 26th, 2016 at 20:53

Signature Ideal tier list for Tekken 7 Fated Retribution Top tier: Rucky Chroe, Claudio, Lars
Ashesfall
Fighter
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MacNuzz

Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
MacNuzz
Banned By Mod
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
That reminds me...

Lee
Bring him back
satch89
Destroyer
PSN: KillaKeef1989
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Steve ---------------

Needs to happen:
b+2 ~ Either make the move safe (-9) or change the flop for easier combo afterwards.
WS+1 ~ Make it pick up slides / Increase range

Would be cool:
WS1, 2: Confirmable on hit not just counterhit.
b+1 ~ b: 0 to -1 on block.

#BUFFSTEVE:
FLK 1, d+1 ~ Make +1~2 on block.
df+1,2~1: Make +1 on block.
1,1, d+1~b: +1~2 on block
Signature Hey....
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Forgot to mention this but Shaheen's slide should be more easily floatable on block.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Ashesfall
Fighter
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by satch89
Steve ---------------

Needs to happen:
b+2 ~ Either make the move safe (-9) or change the flop for easier combo afterwards.
WS+1 ~ Make it pick up slides / Increase range yes please
df1+2 - please make the second hit finally unscaled like josies/bruce uf3+4(5more dmg + lowcrush)
(such a classic signature steve move: sonicfang)

Would be cool:
ws2 nh launcher 15f low damage -13
b+2 16f instead of 17f

#BUFFSTEVE:

good stuff i was so free and added(blue) some little details i dont think is crazy
(dont no if he needs more pressure to be honest)

Last edited by Ashesfall on Apr 26th, 2016 at 23:03

Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
pinhal1998
Iron Fist God
PSN: pinhal1998
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Lili

- f4 CH CS (launcher)
- d3 (+2/+3)
- ff4 (+4)
- df3+4 (-3)
- TK6.0 f4 as b4
Signature "Je ne vous ai pas demandé votre avis, Sebastién"
- "Eh! Reveille-toi! Ne t'avise pas de t'endormir en ma présence"
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TakedaZX
Updated List for Lars

Df21 - Make Df2 have some sort of crumple stun on CH making the 1 follow up hit confirmable. It doesn't need to be an extremely loose hit confirm but enough to where it's possible.

If it's considered a juggle state like arc blast and vanilla df2 it'll neuter the damage enough to where the CH boost isn't ridiculous.

Also let this move track left heavy. I've heard a rumor it does and some videos I watched a while ago hinted to the possibility. I'll have to find them again.

B1 - if side step is really good in FR extend the range back to Vanilla B1.

Ff1+2 - This move was hella good before and to say it was balanced back then is kinda... wrong. So I don't want it to not be a screw launcher.

I want it to screw attack on airborne/juggled opponents for the swag.

Df3 - left tracking as its kind of useless in neutral right now. At 16i it's not a desirable poke. I find more use out of DE raw than on block or hit with the transition and even WITH the follow up the reward is pretty minimal.

Put some fear in the opponents by letting it track left and now he'll have a decent poke that doesn't give more than pressure.

On a side note if it does land you can continue to pressure his left side with DE and SE.

DE 1 mostly catches left because of realignment properties on the stance at certain frames.

SE Df1 catches left step as well and is now safe so it's worth throwing out that sequence from Df3 to DE 1 to SE Df1.

SE 3 catches left as well so if you have the hard read then you can let it rip.

B1+2 - knockdown on CH please.

Those are the only ones I would consider necessary as Lars is still a good character but he progressively keeps getting weaker in comparison to the rest of the cast since he's being normalized. That's making his flaws stick out more than before.

Here are my extras.

111 - let it NC.

Db23 charge kick - First I'll start by saying the charge should also be given to f123 but the kick itself should only take on the animation of db23 if the kick is fully charged.

The new deal will be that db23 can transition into DE without the charge just like f123. If the kick is fully charged this will still be possible but the difference will be that it can be cancelled out of just like raw DE.

To make it better, DE 12 will be guaranteed. BUT nothing else will be. Would only truly be scary at the wall as DE 12 is a techable knockdown. SE pressure is still available as well though the 50/50 is weaker on NH than in tag and t6...

B4 - Change animation to an aggressive back handed toss after the shock, guaranteeing a stomp. Damage can be normalized in the attack throw so that the damage isn't too ridiculous in conjunction

That's it for now.

good proposed changes.. lars lost his ch game w/o old df2

he lost a lot of range from his f1+2 which imo makes the move bad since its -14 (it has same range with hei 1+2 now) so it also needs a little tweaking

111 i think if nc is too strong.. make it launch punish on block and not delayable if it ever happens.. even then i still dont think he needs it
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MacNuzz
Claudio
2,1,2: NCC (it's -14)
b4,3: less punishable + faster recovery (combos etc)
Remove mid crushing on Genocide Cutter, easier to punish
uf3: flip spike

Lars
DE1:2: why did they even remove it in the first place
uf4: flip spike
Replace d3 with something useful, preferably not something that does 10 damage and is -14

Josie
d4: slightly more damage + slightly more punishable
uf3: slightly less mid evasion (Kaz df2 etc)

Devil Jin
db2: -13
cd4: Launch on clean hit only
cd4,4: +5 OC on hit

OILMAN
f3+4: Removal. Reason: +11 on hit, -1(?) on block, gives a free unscaled ws3 if used in a juggle
uf4: easier to punish

-

All the other shit is in the other thread and one at the top of this thread.

-

good changes.. i also think that claudio d3 needs less pushback on block.. some characters cant punish him at all even generic ws4 misses

d3 on block hopkick beats a ws4 punish its disgusting
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by satch89
Steve ---------------

Needs to happen:
WS+1 ~ Make it pick up slides / Increase range

Would be cool:

#BUFFSTEVE:

i dont agree with b2 being safe.. it has high crush properties

he already gained ws1,1 so thats an added option after a ws1.. hc ws1,2 is too good actually ws1,2 is already a good move.. dunno why you want to buff it even more.. b1 at 0 is crazy good as flk+1,d1 + followup is only 12f and will ch any character who throws a standing mid (majority of the cast do not have a safe standing mid faster than 13f) i think its fine at -2 i mean you already have so much frames when your b1 hits
TakedaZX
Warrior
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Abigan2K
good proposed changes.. lars lost his ch game w/o old df2

he lost a lot of range from his f1+2 which imo makes the move bad since its -14 (it has same range with hei 1+2 now) so it also needs a little tweaking

111 i think if nc is too strong.. make it launch punish on block and not delayable if it ever happens.. even then i still dont think he needs it

111 is pretty useless as is right now. I'd rather lower the damage of the last hit to normalize the situation. I'm sorry I didn't mention that in the first place.

Think about it in comparison to a Mishima 112. 112 knocks down and gives a wall splat. 111 forces crouch for +3/+4. At the end of the day there will be a bit more mileage out of 112.

I'm all for balance but as is 111 is useless as is. I'm sorry but that's the truth and even for the function it's supposed to be for it's pretty useless.

Yeah, his CH game is hella weak now. Granted I love Ff1+2 it's to slow to be a reliable button. If df2 is at least 15i he can regain the button he had by having the df21 CH hit confirm. I don't want him to get a regular juggle if he misses the hit confirm either.

The reason is because at the end of the day, the new df2 is an elbow. That means it gains more utility as a poke in general as parry characters can't touch it. No longer will Lars have to crutch off of shitty attacks for NH like b4, f4, Ff1+2 (arguable), and DE 1.

So why break the move and give it normal juggle potential? 25ish% makes a statement.

With f1+2 there's something satisfying about punishing it in a mirror with fb21, especially knowing now that fb21 doesn't get the bound starter penalty... But truthfully if you're punishing you should be using fb21 over f1+2 anyway even if the move is -15.

Still it needs a tweak but honestly I'm not sure what would do it. I'd vote for a damage buff to 32 over anything since it is an "arc blast".

Oh yea. Something I missed is I was hoping that a combo like uf3, d2, ws 2 SE 2 hits because he has not real screw combo for low juggles like that. Obviously that might be part of the plan but it would be nice if he received a S! Off of SE 2 for that reason.

I'm done.