Claudio - FR Changes

Page Splits <12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Darknet
Kyu
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Second hit off of ff,2, 1+2 always gave starburst.
Darknet
Kyu
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
After using Claudio for a day I think I've found all of his nerfs. Let me know if i missed anything.

f 1+2 is MUCH slower now and very unsafe. This effectively kills the f 1+2, d 2 mixups.

second part of d 1,2 has been removed. There is a new follow up with starbust but from what i can tell, its not very good.
Easily Claudios worst starburst move.

b 1 no longer combos on CH.

I might be wrong about this but df 2 is no longer guaranteed after f 3+4. I've been stuffed with jabs twice trying to do this.
Maybe i was a bit slow on the follow up.

b 1+2 no longer has the + frams it did in vanilla. It now leaves them in a crouching position.
LJE
Fujin
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
New d12 can be used in combos.

b1 is safe now though.

Heard they reduced + from f3+4 on block.

So uf4 still crushes highs? f3 the same?

Last edited by LJE on Jul 17th, 2016 at 07:56

BlackViper55
War Lord
PSN: RenegadeBlade27
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Old d+1,2 is gone. It's not in Tekken Official's movelist.
Signature My TTT2 Teams:
Males: Devil Jin/Armor King, Paul/Heihachi, Marduk/Jack-6, Lee/Hwoarang, Ancient Ogre/Jinpachi
Females: Miharu/Asuka, Michelle/Jun, Kunimitsu/Zafina, Jaycee/Anna, Lili/Nina
But I always pick different teams
LJE
Fujin
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh. They must've wanted to remove it because of its use in combos.
Zero the Shadow
I <3 Australia, mate
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Since there is a ton of misinformation running around in this thread I'll clear things up.

Property changes:

-There is no change to f+1+2 1+2
-b+2 has a new KD animation which leaves the opponent closer
-b+1 is safe but has new KD animations for both NH & CH.
-f+4 no longer forces crouch on block and is only +2 instead of +3.
-f+3+4 is now only +2 instead of +4.
-3+4 no longer forces crouch on block.
-d+2 has received a damage buff.

New Moves:

D+12:
Is now a STB screw attack. It is not a NC but is a NCc. It is +3 on block. D+1 now has an amazing hitbox which allows Claudio to pick up into screw from previously impossible situations. The downside is there is a tont of recovery to the move compared to f+3 & 212 in combos. If you use it in a combo your follow up options are limited. So if you are looking for a wall carry don't use it.

New BnB off WS+2:
WS+2 b+3 f+2 ff+4 b+3 d+12 fff+2.

U/f+3+4:
His new go to wall carry, oki, and easy combo extender from FC. This is now your wall carry of choice. Carries about the same distance as d/f+31 but recovers way sooner and he moves forward with it making it even easier to land your wall combo. It also has a much better lower hitting hitbox than d/f+31 and because of that leads to an undroppable super easy combo conversion off d+22.

Easy bnb off d+22:
d+22 u/f+3+4 1 f+3 fff+2

It also leaves the opponent feet towards face down if use as a juggle ender without walls. Gives solid oki.

D/b+1+2
Trash. Don't use it. Unblockable after a blocked hit. Unblockable part can be sidstepped backdashed and eve interupted. A gimmick and a waste of STB.

Overall Claudio's a little bit worse. His pressure has been nerfed the most. Still viable.
Signature Frankie I'll always miss you, RIP.
"Calm Down, Run Around, Throw Shit Out, WTF?!"
"Kills Spirit of Forums!"
"Oh Look it's my favorite move to eat"04/28/06~Mordak 03/20/10~JHonda
zZBEP
3rd Dan
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Doesn't look like much changed, the most "cheap" stuff is still in. Don't think SS changes will affect him much because f3. d12, second hit +3 on block? Is it high?
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Mid mid, only available in STB, consumes STB on hit/block.

Should only be used for combos or VS players who are inexperienced with Claudio.
Signature Follow me on twitter if you breathe
https://twitter.com/Macnuzz

Tekken 7 is ass
Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm wondering, if we can still changed the colors of the Effects of the characters, in Customization Mode.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
JUN: What a incredible [speech], you say darling.
JIN: You're the best [dad].
LARS: It's nice a word Brother, and here we go for the next [Battle].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Version D:

b4,2ff - You have have less time to cancel the recovery of b4,2. Can be harder to visually HC a counter hit for combo.

1+2:d1+2:f2 - 10 more damage to the second hit, useless buff.

f3 - Pushback reduced. Did it even have pushback? Neutral change.

db2,1 - Pushback when db2 hits has been reduced, useless buff. Only Japanese mashers use db2(1).

b2 - Faster STB gain, less - on block, Good buff.

b4,2 - The push has more range, can now hit after long combos. Decent buff.

b1+2 - Flip spikes the opponent if he/she is airborne, good for Temple Stage combos. Amazing buff.

STB d2,2 - Less pushback on block. Fair nerf.
Signature Follow me on twitter if you breathe
https://twitter.com/Macnuzz

Tekken 7 is ass
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
They say Claudio's STB d+2,2 was fixed...

https://youtu.be/JghMB3FO_28?t=3321
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Zero the Shadow
I <3 Australia, mate
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
f+3 Nerf is actually pretty huge after seeing it in action. Instead of it having slight pushback the move now kinda sucks the opponent in on block(but pushes really far away on hit? Doesn't make sense). When you get the move blocked you are now at point blank range at -9. Not possible to poke with the move anymore.

I think the change was done with the intention of separating the utility of b+1 and f+3. I like the concept behind it but I think they should have made Claudio remain closer off of hit as well after f+3 if they were going to make this change. At this point f+3s utility got hit hard. ff+4 offers Claudio way more advantage on hit but only leaves him at -5 on block at point blank. With ff+4 and b+1 the way they are now the only thing f+3 has going for it is its low crush window. I'm hoping Namco can see this and just leave Claudio closer on hit making it. I'm all for making Claudio less spammy but they need to keep in mind move utility when they nerf.

Claudio is really on the tipping point right now. One or two more stupid nerfs and he wont be worth playing. As it stands in FR he's fallen to the lower half of mid tier IMO. He needs utility buffs to make up for his stronger tools being nerfed.

f+4 not forcing crouch on block is still the dumbest nerf though. When I talk about Namco not understanding utility when nerfing this one comes to mind the most. It's hard to justify using f+4 over u/f+3 now. Before there was a choice based on utility now there is no reason to use f+4 over u/f+3, u/f+3 is just better in every way.

Last edited by Zero the Shadow on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 17:16

Signature Frankie I'll always miss you, RIP.
"Calm Down, Run Around, Throw Shit Out, WTF?!"
"Kills Spirit of Forums!"
"Oh Look it's my favorite move to eat"04/28/06~Mordak 03/20/10~JHonda
Bleep
Kyu
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Zero the Shadow
(f+3 Nerf)

Here's a quick and dirty slow motion gif of the version D f+3: http://i.imgur.com/QK3XA1C.gif

It looks like the issue is that the push back on the opponent isn't enough to make up for Claudio's forward movement during the f+3, so you end up closer to the opponent than where you started. This is pretty devastating for how I use the move, I guess I'll try to enjoy f+3 while my city is stuck with 7.0...
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm I reading this right? All his STB moves are noted "No longer need starburst to perform". So he can do those moves like f1+2, 1+2 or d22 without STB and as many times as he pleases?

And dude, his db43 is now NC? That's the low high string right?
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Claudio's changes are really mind blowing to me.

Zero the Shadow,

did you have a heart to heart conversation with Michael Murray?
PendaS
Iron Fist God
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
If the dude can do all of his STB moves without it and they have the same properties, then he is for sure gonna end up top 5. The nerf to f3 doesn't even matter!