Sergei Dragunov: Fated Retribution Edition

Page Splits 123>...12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Fixed up the post a bit since we had some old info on it.

S! moves:

b+4,3
f+1+2
b+1,2(NEW: Confirmed to give spin-stun on NH.)
f+3,2
f,f+3-Need to see in practice
WS+1,2: Launching S! on CH, gives the spin-stun on NH, and wallsplats.

Rage Drive: WR+1+2, db+1+2

To be used in rage mode. Known properties: NH full class-1 launcher, if used at the end, spikes for a free stomp. Appears, according to ina, to have the same overall frames as WR2, including on block. The db+1+2 is a blue spark tackle, which is being guessed as to be unbreakable if it lands. In a translated tweet, it says the tackle can indeed be cancelled as well.

(For my money, this whole setup grants him one of the cooler Rage Drives in the game.)

The Raging 2 as a launcher can give a hefty, very easy BnB that does 55-60%(no optimization, WB!/F! even involved.) As an ender, with the unscaled stomp at the end it can grant a good 60% open ground combo before F!/W!/WB! is even taken into consideration.

Rage Art:

https://youtu.be/QyBkIEIAObA?t=171

Notation: d+1+2

The classic. Rage Arts do more damage the lower the health you are. Drag's is mid and unsafe. They scale poorly in combos.

Power Crush(Armor Move): 1+2

His hammerfist that had the 4 and 1+2 extensions(those were removed; it's not an enormous loss, IMO). In 7.0 this was a lackluster move that gave a couple of + frames, was -12 on block but it did the job of, well, armoring. In FR it gives KND/W.

SS+3+4

Seen here, this seems to be his evasive roll that could be used in a tackle, that can now just be used from an SS itself. We'll see how useful it is but I'm amused they basically gave him the Dark Souls roll.

NEW(Pending, ina conformation but waiting on video):

b+3 is now being reported on giving W! on CH, coming up as K on ina this signifies it seemed to have gotten the spin-stun buff on CH. Will update with any videos or news ASAP.

Akuma Fireball Defeating Methods:

qcf+3
db+1+2
1+2

When Akumer was dropped it gave a list of things for all the characters that can defeat his fireballs. Besides stepping them(they're linear as hell), of course. Having not played the game yet(I've played 7.0), I'd like some feedback of folks who actually tried these against him.

Videos

Dragunov(Nobi) vs. Akuma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...p;v=wFnXeWHc5KA

vs. Claudio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifVzVaJ9AQg

Unknown Dragunov vs. Shaheen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idukWmZmJ6o

A couple more:

Nobi vs. Tokido: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek8mzKekRxw (Early Build)

Nobi vs. Tokido, Rematch(Note: Extension comes up here but is missed, you'll see the blue spark tackle): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP_nF6Xqu7c ('Current' build)

Last edited by Azaael on Jul 27th, 2016 at 11:05

Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
First an only actual bit of 'news': Looks like b+1+2, d+3+4 works as intended and the damage is still big:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbABiFHVAAAky71.jpg:large

(Apparently the life bars are bigger as well...)

Only saw one rookie Drag today though. I think tomorrow will be more our day.

I've heard rumors that stepping is improved a bit but it does not appear to be Tag 2 levels, they may have found a happy medium?
Signature

they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
So it's officially confirmed that the new S! attack notation is indeed f+3,2?
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
It was on his move list actually. Haven't really seen it in action(the one vid had a rookie Drag get bodied by an obviously higher-caliber Shaheen player), but I saw it on the official move list where they showcase the commands for P, RA, RAtk, and then a launcher and an S! move.

But it was at least in that first video; I'll of course update the top if for some reason it changed between now and then.
Signature

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you mean the .pdf file that was released along with the RAtk trailer? You know, it's interesting because that doesn't show the same commands for every character. For example, Feng and Leo don't have their S! commands shown.

But yeah, I doubt Drag's f+3,2 would be there if it wasn't changed. I wonder how the move behaves outside of combos. Maybe it gives the same hit stun Law's b+2,1 and Jin's d/f+1,4 give and if so, then it would wall splat on NH provided that it is an NC.
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm going to guess it's still an NC(just a guess), and there's that wall-spin thing that some new characters have shown(I can't think of another name for it), that I'm wondering if it causes that. If so that ought to be pretty cool. Splat on NH? I mean the changes, assuming NC and assuming not grossly punishable on block seem to be a flat buff to it.
Signature

Azaael
March of Tyranny
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Dragunov vs. Akuma

Haven't had time to totally go over it yet, but Nobi seemed very happy with Drag so far in his tweet.

He said stepping felt 'easier' so I think they again found that medium-point.

He was so showing off at the end with the Raging 2-Running 2.

Also some of that damage in the 2nd round.

I'm pretty sure WR2 is still +5 on block.
Signature

Nyrepose
Iron Fist God
XBL: Swictor
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I like the sound of Raging 2, as if running 2 wasn't angry enough.
I'm very curious on Raging 2 block frames.
Signature Ursus Arctos; when saying it once isn't enough.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah I suspect that will get some experimenting soon enough. Looking forward to seeing that.

And yeah I tried to come up with a lazy way to discuss his rage move and Raging 2 seemed good.

Also that CH 1,2,1, b+4,3, S!...was sort of mean.(he did tag the wall with it.)

Last edited by Azaael on Feb 12th, 2016 at 11:40

Signature

Nyrepose
Iron Fist God
XBL: Swictor
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Shame we couldn't see the damage.
Has there been any footage of b+1,2? The addition of f+3,2 made me think it could be a replacement S to simply balance the d/b+3 and easy CH WR2 combo.
Signature Ursus Arctos; when saying it once isn't enough.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Not yet but mind you we've gotten only two Drag matches(one was at two different angles). I haven't heard any cases of S! moves being lost in general though.
Signature

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes. Yeah Nobi seems to be happy on Twitter which is a good sign.

I do think the life bars are more around 180 now. That 3+4 didn't look as bad as it did on the 165 bar.
Signature

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
That video also destroys your dreams of landing a stomp after Drag's RA.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#15 “Quote” Edit Post

Damn them for not allowing me free unscaled damage after a 40-50% move. I mean what kind of ship are they running here?*

...d+3 might reach, or trooper roll...

Really though I think it's going to be more about the RAtks. I'd probably not use the RA unless it was for fun cinematic purposes now and then if they're almost dead.

EDIT:

https://youtu.be/ifVzVaJ9AQg?t=85

...Was it just me or did that look like *awfully* fast recovery for -13?

*if people cannot sense the sarcasm get a sarcasm detector.

Last edited by Azaael on Feb 12th, 2016 at 12:16

Signature

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't think you can get anything after his RA. The KND animation looks like it pushes the opponent really far on open ground (the wall screwed it up in the video).
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh, you're probably right. Honestly it's better balance. I think all RAs are probably designed like that as intended. It's more me looking for chances to stomp an opponent into the ground at any opportunity.

still though I'm watching that d+2 recovery over and over again, i think the Claudio was just really slow or the video's messed up or something. He did whiff an attack over his head and I don't even know what Claudio's -13 WS punishment is.
Signature

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Damn, I didn't even realize that. It really looks like d+2 recovers faster since Nobi was able to backdash early. Or maybe d+2 can't be punished with WS+4 from that range? Had the Claudio player done WS+1,1 (12f I believe), we wouldn't be sitting here and speculating the frames.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
YEAH really damnit Claudio-guy.

It just looks too damn fast. I'm even making a gif out of this one.

It does push away on block.
Signature

Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Claudio got a standing 4 instead of ws+4, he was just slow .
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap