Page Splits <1234>...11
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Zhockwave Zc
3rd Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
I'm talking about situations where the Feng player has done the allowed 6 hits or even fewer but b+1+2 has still whiffed. Feng's combos in general are not very reliable, which I guess is why people are only using the same two combos over and over.

Urghh~Srsly?I see....Maybe the timing of f+3,4 can be adjusted to somehow let b+1+2 hit consistently. Like ssr or left after a screw or delaying it ~
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
f+3,4 is actually also inconsistent. When you S! with f+1+2, you have to SSR before doing f+3,4, f+1, f+3,4 but even then the second f+3,4 whiffs sometimes. No idea what exactly causes these random drops but it seems to happen a lot with Feng, probably more than with any other character. I guess that discourages people to try anything fancy with Feng's combos and that's why we only see those basic staples.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Zhockwave Zc
3rd Dan
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
f+3,4 is actually also inconsistent. When you S! with f+1+2, you have to SSR before doing f+3,4, f+1, f+3,4 but even then the second f+3,4 whiffs sometimes. No idea what exactly causes these random drops but it seems to happen a lot with Feng, probably more than with any other character. I guess that discourages people to try anything fancy with Feng's combos and that's why we only see those basic staples.

Lol if it's that then I think the reason would be becuz the SSR isn't accurate or how to put it.... not long right enuf? LOL I sometimes would drop it too when I didn't ssr enuf ~

Yeah mann.... Namco shud make Feng's combo easier..... his combo dmg is already lower than normal casts now this shit?
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty much all of Feng's combos are super easy to pull off (in my opinion, too easy in fact), it's just that they are awfully inconsistent. What Feng needs is combo variety. Give him new moves that are useful and essential for his combos and get rid of the inconsistencies. There is no reason for his already low-ish damage staple combos to also be inconsistent. Getting rid of those weaknesses would make him function like the majority of the cast.
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Zhockwave Zc
3rd Dan
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty much all of Feng's combos are super easy to pull off (in my opinion, too easy in fact), it's just that they are awfully inconsistent. What Feng needs is combo variety. Give him new moves that are useful and essential for his combos and get rid of the inconsistencies. There is no reason for his already low-ish damage staple combos to also be inconsistent. Getting rid of those weaknesses would make him function like the majority of the cast.

Hmm yeah the consistency I guess ~and I think they did add a move for him in ttt2>1+4 .That move did gave him more variety for combos aye?

Lets go thru nice,ez and slowly >
>low hitting screw: d/b+1,4
>far reaching low hitbox move:f+3,4
>far reaching dmging ender: 3~4,3
Any others I missed? I'm tired for the whole day can't think str8 Lol help me ~
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
1+4 has now become useless in combos because f+3,4 connects after CH qcf+1 for more damage. d/b+1,4 is a really good screw move with an amazing hitbox; the damage is just not enough to compete with most other characters.

As for 3~4,3, it's not as damaging now as it was in TTT2 and thus is also not enough to make up for his lacking damage. He simply needs more options for both combo fillers and combo enders.
Zhockwave Zc
3rd Dan
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
1+4 has now become useless in combos because f+3,4 connects after CH qcf+1 for more damage. d/b+1,4 is a really good screw move with an amazing hitbox; the damage is just not enough to compete with most other characters.

As for 3~4,3, it's not as damaging now as it was in TTT2 and thus is also not enough to make up for his lacking damage. He simply needs more options for both combo fillers and combo enders.

But if I'm not mistaken it's the most dmging 2 hit ender for Feng aye? 3~4,3

Yeah 1+4 is juz there to use where certain situation calls for it. Its a low hitting combo filler ~ for 1+2(punch counter combo? )Other combo I'm not sure.

While I'm at it....is it juz me or they changed the delay timing for ff+4>3?I felt like my input and the move timing is so different....

Last edited by Zhockwave Zc on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 19:46

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
3~4,3 is Feng's highest damage ender and that's the sad thing.

Also, for the 1+2 punch parry, you don't have to use 1+4. Dash f+1+2 works for a full combo as well.

In TR, I felt it was easier to get the fully delayed f,f+4<3 than it was in TTT2 and since a lot of moves retain their TR properties, this is probably one of them.
Zhockwave Zc
3rd Dan
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
3~4,3 is Feng's highest damage ender and that's the sad thing.

Also, for the 1+2 punch parry, you don't have to use 1+4. Dash f+1+2 works for a full combo as well.

In TR, I felt it was easier to get the fully delayed f,f+4<3 than it was in TTT2 and since a lot of moves retain their TR properties, this is probably one of them.

For that punch parry I always use the 1+4 follow up for reliability... I tried f+1+2 a few times but not always it'll hit.

Thats cool ~can share ur strats or way to delay ff+4>3 to the fullest so that a jab can connect after?
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I've never played T7 myself so I can't comment on how exactly the f,f+4<3 delay works in that game. All I know is that I feel it's easier in TR than in TTT2 and I figured that might carry over to T7. Although I've seen some top-level Feng players drop it quite a lot so it might actually be harder in T7.
Zhockwave Zc
3rd Dan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
I've never played T7 myself so I can't comment on how exactly the f,f+4<3 delay works in that game. All I know is that I feel it's easier in TR than in TTT2 and I figured that might carry over to T7. Although I've seen some top-level Feng players drop it quite a lot so it might actually be harder in T7.

Wtf??? Tekken 7 ?U didn't play or can't play Lol I believe they launched arcade version a year ago right? Yeah I was wondering if ff+4>3 delay timing has changed ....that's why I asked for some guide or strats Lol
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't have access to any arcades and I don't believe Tekken 7 is widely available in Europe anyway. In any case, I will only be able to get my hands on the game when the console version is released.
Zhockwave Zc
3rd Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't have access to any arcades and I don't believe Tekken 7 is widely available in Europe anyway. In any case, I will only be able to get my hands on the game when the console version is released.

I see ~Well it's available here in Asia btw I juz watched this Hao's Feng....I'm amazed he can pulled off ff+4>3 delay every time in a combo and managed to get a jab after Lol
Alley-Oop
Iron Fist God
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
EDIT:

Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwI4tuGZqxo

T7 FR combo with damage

Last edited by Alley-Oop on Aug 30th, 2016 at 01:44

Zhockwave Zc
3rd Dan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Alley-Oop
T7 FR combo with damage

I can't see ur link bro, there's not even an image available
Alley-Oop
Iron Fist God
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
k ill fix that
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
good shit!
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks a lot for that video, Sento!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, there you have confirmation that Feng's open ground combo damage is on a pretty pathetic level. He's only able to do good damage off of his f+3,4 and Rage tools. His pokes really do come at a cost, don't they?
Zhockwave Zc
3rd Dan
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks a lot for that video, Sento!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, there you have confirmation that Feng's open ground combo damage is on a pretty pathetic level. He's only able to do good damage off of his f+3,4 and Rage tools. His pokes really do come at a cost, don't they?

f+3,4 70+ dmg only zzz yeah.....I guess poke heavy characters combo dmg are damn weak...
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, there seems to be some truth to that. Then again, characters like Heihachi and Bryan (who might not be poke-heavy exactly but possess some really good pokes anyway) have excellent combo damage as it is and when you factor in their Rage Drives, it gets completely ridiculous.

What we have now is basically T6/TTT2 Feng all over again...