Page Splits <1234>...6
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
LJE
Fujin
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by FFwNayrith
Q1: What is Claudio's playstyle focussed around? (poking/whiff punishing etc.)
Q2: What are his strengths and weaknesses?
Q3: How will he roughly stack up in the character tiers come FR?

1. Rushdown imo. Maybe zoning as well. STB f1+21+2 is a great whiff punisher.
2. No deal breaking weakness as far as I know. He has to have STB to gain his full potental.
3. We don't know everything about him in FR yet. His homing moves are great so the SS buff doesn't change him much.
FFwNayrith
Expert
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LJE
1. Rushdown imo. Maybe zoning as well. STB f1+21+2 is a great whiff punisher.
2. No deal breaking weakness as far as I know. He has to have STB to gain his full potental.
3. We don't know everything about him in FR yet. His homing moves are great so the SS buff doesn't change him much.

Cool. Does it appear he has potential to be a strong well-rounded character that will do well in the competitive scene?
Signature Tekken Elite Four:
LJE
Fujin
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Totally.
FFwNayrith
Expert
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LJE
Totally.

What are his main moves that I should focus on remembering starting out? Like standard pokes and mid-attacks.

Last edited by FFwNayrith on May 9th, 2016 at 11:40

WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
What are his main moves that I should focus on remembering starting out? Like standard pokes and mid-attacks.

b42
ss4
f3
df1
b1
d3
uf4
ff4
db3 (only when you know they are going fast highs like jabs or magic 4)
!wr2 not wr2 (don't be predictable. Need to be fast and out of no where like paul's DF)

I saw zero the shadow use b2 sometimes. It's smart because it's 14 frames, safe, and gives him STB.
FFwNayrith
Expert
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Who are also the good Claudio players to watch on youtube?
klaww
7th Dan
PSN: iKlaww
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Who are also the good Claudio players to watch on youtube?

cltam, kim tak gu, help me
Signature Graphic designer based in Italy. Fighting game enthusiast
FFwNayrith
Expert
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Sweet guys.

Also I'm having a bit of trouble getting the wr2 finishers sometimes. Is there a trick to getting fff2 to work in a short space? Including not during combos like surprise wr2 (similar to Pauls DF) is there a way to do it in close range?
Nyrepose
Iron Fist God
XBL: Swictor
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
And this one is a bit more on point blank iWR with buffering and how to practice it, which you maybe need for those combos to be consistent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=142AkKLp6XI

both ff,n,f+2 and f,n,ff+2 works on neutral stance, but the latter is probably the only that works if you buffer from a move since there really should be a small neutral between every dash.(you can't really buffer neutral, though I think the end of a buffer is counted as neutral. Bit unsure of that.) But just think dash dash, small pause, then dash + the move, or dash, small pause, dash dash + the move.

If you do only the 'dash dash dash'-method you need much more space to enter the running state.
It's a weird finicky mechanic.

Edit: The first video wasn't really that helpful at all, so forget that, I removed it.

Last edited by Nyrepose on May 25th, 2016 at 07:23

Signature Ursus Arctos; when saying it once isn't enough.
FFwNayrith
Expert
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nyrepose
And this one is a bit more on point blank iWR with buffering and how to practice it, which you maybe need for those combos to be consistent.

both ff,n,f+2 and f,n,ff+2 works on neutral stance, but the latter is probably the only that works if you buffer from a move since there really should be a small neutral between every dash.(you can't really buffer neutral, though I think the end of a buffer is counted as neutral. Bit unsure of that.) But just think dash dash, small pause, then dash + the move, or dash, small pause, dash dash + the move.

If you do only the 'dash dash dash'-method you need much more space to enter the running state.

Edit: The first video wasn't really that helpful at all, so forget that, I removed it.

Thanks heaps.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nyrepose

That's a cheat way in doing it but that's still a bit hard to do. Are you really going to do !wr2 after a jab everytime? Just do fff~2. The window gets smaller as you get closer to your opponent. When you're at 0 range with the opponent, that !wr2 becomes a just frame.
Nyrepose
Iron Fist God
XBL: Swictor
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
I didn't mean to buffer it every time, just that it's good to learn how to buffer it from moves to get the move out as fast as possible in combos or to pressure if needed. I don't know if any buffering is needed in Claudios combos though.
I think the ff,n,f/f,n,ff method instead of just thinking fff from neutral is good to just get started with the consistency. You make the input time tighter as you get comfortable with it. It's how I practiced it anyway.
Signature Ursus Arctos; when saying it once isn't enough.
FFwNayrith
Expert
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok sweet. I'll get the hang of pulling surprise wr2's off eventually.

1) What is the staple combo(s) off STB d+2,2 and STB b+4,3,2 as launchers? (or would you even try to use b+432 as a launcher)

2) A question now on pokes. Besides 12, 43, f3, f4, df1, df32, db43, b2, b3, b42, ff4 what other moves can we use for poking that are safe?? (besides not all the moves above would be classified as "pokes").

Last edited by FFwNayrith on May 28th, 2016 at 12:17

LJE
Fujin
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty much it. You can experiment with b3+4, f3+4, uf3, uf2...

df1 crushes highs or just jabs?
FFwNayrith
Expert
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Cool. Also is db43 a NC or does it Jail?
LJE
Fujin
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
If it's NC everyone would be spamming it. Don't know if it jails.

---

I played a bit of Claudio. About lows... d3 is his best low but I keep forgetting to use it. Some characters can punish it at max range (Lili). ss4 is good but doesn't have good range. db3 is unseeable but -17 and only +1 on hit.
FFwNayrith
Expert
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
It seems that looking at this data and watching some streams that hes not really designed for mass poking, maybe a little here and there. Would it be ideal to focus on getting STB and using it for big damage in combos as well as good movement/spacing for surprise wr2s? Someone replied to me earlier saying his style is more zoning/rushdown and defensive while looking for openings for u/f+4 launches, rather than up close and in the opponents face. Would that be a fair comment?

What other factors would be key when playing him do you think. I'd really like to main him as kinda bored with Law/Kaz at the moment.
LJE
Fujin
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
You can play however you want. You have to actually the character to know what suits you. He's good at close up though (where ss4 is only useful.)

Other factors? Learn his frames. http://seesaawiki.jp/w/inatekken/
Translate the page. Click his name. Search for this "固有技" then click the first highlighted link.
FFwNayrith
Expert
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LJE
You can play however you want. You have to actually the character to know what suits you. He's good at close up though (where ss4 is only useful.)

Other factors? Learn his frames. http://seesaawiki.jp/w/inatekken/
Translate the page. Click his name. Search for this "固有技" then click the first highlighted link.

Did you mean "like/play" the character to know what suits you?

Also the link I got to is: frame translation but I can't really follow it. Are all the names the actual command move titles? Like 'judgment screw' or 'crimson delta edge'?

It seems that Claudio will struggle to contend with the higher tier characters by the time FR is released in arcades with his limited arsenal of pokes and good/safe lows and mids. How do you think Claudio players would have to adapt to be consistently competitive?

Last edited by FFwNayrith on May 29th, 2016 at 01:20

LJE
Fujin
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Play the character... I don't have much Claudio experience.

The move names aren't important. LP = 1, RP = 2, WP = 1+2, same thing with the kicks. The numbers are the directions on the keypad (9 is up-forward for example). It's better not to translate the page of the actual frame data. 上 is high, 中 is mid, 下 is low.