Dragunov Combo Thread(simple version atm)

Page Splits <1234>...6
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
!DIABLO GTR!
Excellent!
PSN: Excellent
XBL: Excellent
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Forgot to mention. I did b+4,3 W!, ssr, b+4,3, S!, f,f, b+4,3, W! f,f, b+4,3 in a match. The last one is quite conditional. The damage was ~60% lifebar damage.
Signature Arcade: Excellent!
PS3: Excellent!
PS2: Excellent!
PC: Excellent!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=leechaolan/menu=excellent
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Funny thing-I saw Nobi do something like that in one of his matches vs. Knee. I think for him it was b+4,3, S!, b+4,3, WB!, b+4,3. There WAS a step in there if I recall. Would have to dig up the match, I think Kuro has his giant 73 game extravaganza on Youtube now or at least soon.

I remember getting a chuckle from it. So apparently you can squeeze one more b+4,3 in there under the right circumstance.
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Oath_Of_Revenge
War Lord
PSN: Oath_of_Revenge
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Dragunov staple combos
Signature We are Tekken.

Free massages from Jack-2!
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
ooh. some nice stuff.

Given the end of the lightning bolt is 38% his generic, open-ground combos usually push above that, no walls, no floorbreak, no wallbreak.

Also it is always still that you do still need to put your time into iWR, iWS, and the CDc stuff with him even now, though the big difference is he still has other, simpler options available that still do huge damage(b+1+2, d+3+4 does around a lightning bolt's worth alone and then there was Knee getting hit with the db+3 CH and one throw for about 70% of his health bar.) they did seem to manage to nail the whole 'lower his entry barrier, but don't gut the character' combination which is great.

(of course, FR changes notwithstanding.)

Hopefully they'll do more videos like these showcasing more of his wall shenanigans. His 3+4 launcher is still big(was clocking around 45% or so open field at a guess), Nobi's wall combos tend to run 50-60% when he does those.

(Edit: They seemed to do a pretty good job of getting a lot of characters' staples in the same ballpark, which I don't think is TOO bad really, the differences start to become apparent when you start squeezing them.)
Signature

they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Loving the fact that you can do u/f+4 in his combos again. I've missed that ever since T6, even if it's not optimal for his damage.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Loving the fact that you can do u/f+4 in his combos again. I've missed that ever since T6, even if it's not optimal for his damage.
so true!
Btw, isn't S! Possible after f1+2/is f1+2 instant screw?
I look forward to playing T7 drag. All I'd like now is a couple of interesting new moves. That's all.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
Btw, isn't S! Possible after f1+2/is f1+2 instant screw?

f+1+2 is the screw attack so no, unfortunately you can't do another one.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Aye, the f+1+2 combo was 'nerfed'...but that being said, I'm pretty sure you can get such a grip from it anyway that it's not really *that* nerfed. The two chunky ones I've seen:

f+1+2, S!, f+2,4, 3,1, f+1, f+3~df CDc, f+1, f+3~df WS+1+2
f+1+2, S!, b+2,1, f+1, f+3~df CDc, f+1, f+3~df CDc, f+1+2

Can probably get more too. Get a punish near-ish to the wall and I can't see why f+1+2, S!, b+4,3, W!, b+2, WS+1+2 wouldn't work, or other good W! follow ups.

Need to pull some more combos from Nobi and Kkokkoma. Been busy as hell as usual lately.
Signature

BlackViper55
War Lord
PSN: RenegadeBlade27
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Is it possible to use ff,b,f+4,4,3 post-tailspin?
Signature My TTT2 Teams:
Males: Devil Jin/Armor King, Paul/Heihachi, Marduk/Jack-6, Lee/Hwoarang, Ancient Ogre/Jinpachi
Females: Miharu/Asuka, Michelle/Jun, Kunimitsu/Zafina, Jaycee/Anna, Lili/Nina
But I always pick different teams
LJE
Fujin
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
The b is unnecessary but I guess it would have to be a pretty short combo. 312 or f3~DFcc41 are better wall carriers.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
I notice in a lot of the combos these pop up:

f+3~df CDc, 4,1 (sometimes you still get the f+3 twice in there)
f+3~df CDc, f+1, f+1+2 (this one in particular is common in that list)
a few other bits(f+3~df CDc and then into b+4,3, S!/W! or whatnot, or d+4,4 ender)

On open stages you can pull the trick off three times, but you're getting ass damage for it, it's more just to show off/send a message(IMO anyway) .

In the stuff listed there launch, f+4,4,3, f+1, f+3~df CDc, f+1, f+1+2, S!... comes up several times.
Signature

Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Well according to TTT2 scaling launch, f+4,4,3, f+1, f+3~df CDc, f+1, f+1+2, S! f+3~ws+1+2 would be the strongest BnB so its logical that people go for that without damage numbers (because there are none in arcade practice mode right?)
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't forget in T7 the combos scale faster and more harshly-I think it's five hits after the launch? TTT2 scaling would be a bit off, BUT that being said, f+4,4,3 is the agreed on fat launcher follow up in many cases(that it's viable.) And yeah, currently the practice mode does not have numbers in it. But with as often as it shows up it probably is one of the most damaging wall carry options even with T7 scaling.

(On that note, when I say 'as often', it's not like I see it all the time. f+1+2, now that I think back to a bunch of Nobi's matches, didn't come into play as much as b+4,3, which I know does more. Then again that all depends on how far you need to carry them, if I remember a few, he didn't have to carry the person too long to hit the wall.)
Signature

tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
As you suspect, Nobi uses the f+1+2 S! because of hit-scaling for post S! leads to a good amount of wall carry. I'm not a fan of that strategy because it seems for the most part that Nobi just wants to get his opponent to the wall, regardless of maximizing damage on the way there and often sacrificing a proper splat, but you definitely can't argue with his results.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Can you get f+3~CDc 4,1 after launch, f+4,4,3, f+1, f+3 CDc f+1, f+1+2 S? Or is it just f+3,2 (im guessing this?)
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd imagine if it was doable, the 4,1 option may have come up by now. Now you can get that after the CH WR2 combo(WS4, f+1, f+3~df CDc, f+1, f+1+2, S!, f+3~df CDc, 4,1), and a few others it pops up(one notable one is a WS2 combo f+1, f+4,4,3, W!, f,f+3, WB!, f+1+2, S!, dash in, f+3~df CDc, 4,1, but wall shenanigans are part of this).

Now, we'll have some FR previews in about 3 weeks now, so we'll see how things have changed, if much.
Signature

got soymilk?
2nd Dan
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, if they're to Drag's left it full launches, he's probably had that since T6?

Other notables, off the top of my head, would be:
Against big bodies - d/b+3, WS+4
Non-clean range CH - d/b+3, WS+4
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Malkom
Sage
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
It appears that all the hard stuff (cc after d/b 3 and iWS after fff2) is still/again in the game...
sadly I can't pick him as my second character because I'm really bad at those two things...
Signature Kazuya Fist is a coward
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
They can be tricky, but I wouldn't give up yet.

Do you play on stick or pad? What's the toughest part?
Signature