Josie Rizal

Page Splits <1234>...13
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
PendaS
Iron Fist God
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I was ok with her until she started crying in her winpose. WTF was that about?!
deepfriedpotato
6th Dan
PSN: mayahabee
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
That sobbing is so bleeeeeeeeeergh. But I like her.
pinhal1998
Iron Fist God
PSN: pinhal1998
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
I just started at her winpose. Absolutely pointless
Signature "Je ne vous ai pas demandé votre avis, Sebastién"
- "Eh! Reveille-toi! Ne t'avise pas de t'endormir en ma présence"
PendaS
Iron Fist God
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
They should have stopped it at "I can't believe I won". The sobbing was so out of place and unnecessary.
SilverSoul
IAmTheBoneOfMySword
PSN: Hayk502
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature #RemoveLili'sClothes
I'm a proud member of #SaveLiliMovement, those who join be brave, a severe war is ahead of us, and i cannot guarantee that we will win.. but i can guarantee that, no matter what, i will never give up.. on trying to remove her clothes!!.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by gettingfood
You make a badass fighter, then out of no where...you give her lost puppy sounding voice. And that quote, why why why

I dont get how she's badass. She's just ass. Anime schoolgirl face, bunny ears ribbon, shiny loose top and miniskirt, recycled moveset that looks more like tricking than real fighting, awkward voice acting and quotes...nope, not receiving any badass vibes.

Is that costume a filipino traditional dres or something?
Signature Bring back [alex] for T7!
devilryu
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: devilryuNZ1
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
I think she looks cool. The crying part is kind of cliche but whatever. Although a short vid isn't the best way to jump to conclusions, i think it looks like she plays closer to Bruce in TTT1 which would make me pretty pleased since that was my favourite incarnation of him (he is still fun in TTT2 but he feels weird with his swaying and wall carry options in my opinion). Her moves seem to have some good impact behind them. I looked up Filipino martial arts and Yaw-Yan is a form of kickboxing so I guess that is what she is specifically representing outside of the Eskrima listed on her character profile. Nice to have a new character with an actual fighting style for once!

Gameplay wise, a little disappointed that she has a d/f+2 and a hopkick but that seems to just be the accepted norm for new included characters in the series.
Deity
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Yaw Yan used to be more kickboxing, now it is more grappling and Brazilian Judo/ Brazilian Jujitsu. It changes a lot.

Last night i watched Harada's youtube vid together with those LC and Lili cosplayers, He mentioned something about Josie Rizal, I heard the words Escrima, Kickboxing and Pacquiao from him. So that means Josie Rizal uses Escrima, Manny Pacquiao style boxing and kickboxing, i think it is Muay Thai kickboxing with all the Bruce Irving moves she is getting.

Personally i think the name is stupid, i mean, how many Tekken characters are named after their national heroes? They might as well have named her Jolly Bee De La Cruz.
Signature All new characters should follow the Katarina or Leroy Smith template.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Jolly Bee De La Cruz sounds a lot better. I remember reading somewhere that harada likes jollibee and wanted to put in a reference...or something to that effect.

Bob is fat and american. Wonder why they didnt name him Bob McDonald.
Signature Bring back [alex] for T7!
Saika221
Destroyer
PSN: Saika221
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
I dont get how she's badass. She's just ass. Anime schoolgirl face, bunny ears ribbon, shiny loose top and miniskirt, recycled moveset that looks more like tricking than real fighting, awkward voice acting and quotes...nope, not receiving any badass vibes.

Her moves also have awkward animation. I think they stopped hiring motion capture actors for in game fighting moves since TT2 and just computer generated all the new moves... terribly.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PendaS
I was ok with her until she started crying in her winpose. WTF was that about?!

I was like "Bruce and Julia/Michelle are getting merged",this is gonna get hairy...
and then i saw her winpose,and i went,blech
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Personally I'm hoping her moveset is more Eskrima than kickboxing(she's listed as both.)

My issue is that with limited spots, and a kickboxer already in(albeit an American one), if you're not going to bring back an old classic(Bruce), then why not use more of a style that is rarely used in fighters? Again haven't seen her whole moveset so I just more hope she's not a Bruce clone.

Now if her kickboxing is more Yaw Yan(the Filipino style that is made and developed for smaller people to fight bigger, stronger ones-I THINK this might be the case and they just threw a couple of Bruce's moves on her), that could actually look good(Bruce's moves copied pound for pound IMO, wouldn't look as good on her I think), but I'd still prefer more Eskrima based(which someone pointed out might be a thing, since some of her swaying/defensive stuff looks a bit more Eskrima based.)

That being said she doesn't really register too hard with me. Not really my style to play but I don't really hate her or anything. She'll be one of the 34-36 or so characters at the end of the day, no biggie. (That winpose though, ngh. Someone said Pyrrha 2.0 and I shuddered at the notion.)
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I already like her!
Misiek
Expert
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Like many of you guys, i like'd her untill i heard the win pose... ehh :/
Still gonna play her though.
SoloKazama
Master
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
recycled moveset that looks more like tricking than real fighting

Google Sikaran.Its popular fighting style in Philippines. Stop saying random things

Was it mentioned that Jose Rizal is their national hero?
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Rizal
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by xYukioSumaderax
Come on guys, where's the anti-weeaboo shit storm? Someone forget to bring the gas and matches or something?
Ya'll muhfuckas letting me down
Feel free to begin it yourself
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
I admit, I was waiting for the like massive tears to fly in. I mean all of the ingredients were there; Voice kinda iffy, the win pose, the cheesy dialogue even with a hint of anime with the RA,(which people like to complain a lot about), the fact she had even more recycled assets like Kilik clone's super and looks quite decently like Talim, the skimpy clothing. FIghting style that, JUST from the video, doesn't look like it's anything special at all(you don't see enough of it to get a good idea either way of how accurate to Eskrima she'll be-and people like to complain about accuracy, etc...) None of this really bothers me but it's all stuff that I'm long used to causing shitstorms.

...she's not getting complained about AS much as I thought for some reason. I mean I can't say why or anything since the fanbase seems a bit like random onto what it complains about but there you go. I mean I was expecting all the tears.

I'm not *disappointed* in the fanbase here, more just confused after everything. (I Mean people complained Claudio looked mildly like Maxi, and she looks a lot like Talim, etc.) It's sorta like you tape up your windows for the hurricane that you get used to and just a thunderstorm blows in.
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
iwao
War Lord
PSN: DynamicSun
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ruehlman
People are saying that she might just be Bruce's replacement. I personally wouldn't mind at all if that turns out to be true... I like her!

By the way, you might want to add her official video to the original post.

No lol I don't think so... People thought that Jin/DVJ won't be in the game... But he was. So let's not "Jump the gun" like Harada-San says

But I do like Josie Rizal
Signature Get ready for the next battle!
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
PSN: BlueBolter
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
I like her but I don't like the following ;

1) Bunny ears/ribbon , just bnleh.

2) Win pose , WTF with that . In the intro she looks determined and now she sobs , no really Nanco ?
Signature " at least Anna Nicole's got an angle to 'em. Anna's are just straight up McDonald's brows. Girl gotta get it together. Those are tweezers, not lawnmowers.
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
she has awful large cans for a boxer.....

Well, her fighting style looks pretty cool, her appearance just doesn't match it. Thank god we still have Nina and Kazumi to be the female characters who are badass in their own right, and dont' have these retarded voice overs and costumes.