Shaheen T7 info thread

Page Splits <1234>...7
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Mr. NO!
Deity
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok so the stance after the slide can be cancelled. I saw a guy do it at the arcade and asked him.
He said it's an SS cancel, so I'll give that a go and see next time to confirm.

He usually did ws3 after the cancel as a safe/guaranteed(?) grounded hit
Auditore
Shihan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Shaheen's Ki charge can be seen @ 9:01

110% sure he may be involved with the Mishima bloodline. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTUFkGtFLoU
Signature : *gibbers in French*
Aminegriffy
Berserker
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone who saw Knee stream earlier (archive here " http://www.twitch.tv/holyknee/v/3902962" Shaheen gameplay from 2:27:30 to 2:54:00
Auditore
Shihan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
@1:29:17 Shaheen's Unblockable is shown TWICE in Knee's Arcade Playthrough with him.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyknee/v/3876890
Aminegriffy
Berserker
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
some infos
he has a jumping low
his fc d df3 gives a free b4
his 41 probably jails
Auditore
Shihan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
People have to stop spamming 4,1. I'm sure he has WAAY more viable punishers than that string. Also, I don't think it jails? I've read somewhere that you can duck the second hit?
Sento
Banned By Mod
PSN: Sento_k
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
I think people duck the first hit. Never seen anyone ducking the second hit yet, ppl wouldn't spam it if it didn't jail too.
Signature | Mistrust | Oops, I'm banned!
Auditore
Shihan
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm guessing his viable enders after an S! attack are:

-d/b+2,1
-ff+3 (Is this his jumping surfboard attack on the opponent?)
-d/b+2, d/f ~ 3 (A bit harder to land especially after too many hits)
Auditore
Shihan
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
SHAHEEN COMBO VIDEO.

Just a compilation of all the staple juggles we've seen so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn-ucMR02LM
pinhal1998
Iron Fist God
PSN: pinhal1998
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I can't wait till I put my hands on Shaheen! I'm so excited
Signature "Je ne vous ai pas demandé votre avis, Sebastién"
- "Eh! Reveille-toi! Ne t'avise pas de t'endormir en ma présence"
Aminegriffy
Berserker
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pinhal1998
I can't wait till I put my hands on Shaheen! I'm so excited

same I just need the game now

ps: waiting for someone to test his frame data on the practice mode
Aminegriffy
Berserker
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2651&v=l4ttzeTMi2g
some nice shaheen high level of play starting at the min 43:00
ThaLonzMofos
3rd Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Auditore
I'm guessing his viable enders after an S! attack are:

-d/b+2,1
-ff+3 (Is this his jumping surfboard attack on the opponent?)
-d/b+2, d/f ~ 3 (A bit harder to land especially after too many hits)

Yes d/b+2,1 is ender pretty much anywhere. If you are close enough you can fit in d/f+1>d/b+2,1. But at ranges where this is possible you could just do d/b+2 into snake in surf board. Not sure which is more damage.

ff+3 or running 3 on airborn turns into surf board. Against grounded he does sorta the same animation but then steps over them and kicks them back up again, you can combo after.

Yeah after too many hits d/b+2~snake in 3 will just wiff.
Signature Julia Chang Frame Data
http://tekkentrack.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83%3Ajuliachangframedata&catid=38&Itemid=82

Raven Frame Data
http://wiki.livedoor.jp/inatekken/d/%a5%ec%a5%a4%a5%f4%a5%f3%b8%c7%cd%ad%b5%bbTBR
Aminegriffy
Berserker
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
DB21 is a good ender because it wall carry and it decent, at the wall you can do either 43 which is knock down and b4 like devil jin hit grounded also I seen player mainly do df1, db1(not sure) ws33 at the wall.

another thing can anyone confirm how fast is his 41 is it 12 or 11 frames because it's too damn fast and I seen Knee interrupt the 3 hit of kat uf44444 string also I'm compelling his punishers list so far :

i10 21
i11 standing 4
i12 41 maybe
i13 db21 ???
i14 FB2 that throw attack good damage
i15 df2 , uf4 ?

standing
i11 standing 4
i13 ws33 ?
i14 ???
i15 uf4
i16 ws2

I need some confirmation on his db21 is it 14 frames or 13
Aminegriffy
Berserker
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Shaheen full move set https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkwB99tAQDk
I will add it to the main thread too
ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
So how good is this character? I am considering to main him should I pick him up or stick with Steve and Bryan?
Auditore
Shihan
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ThePharmacist
So how good is this character? I am considering to main him should I pick him up or stick with Steve and Bryan?

Seeing as you main Steve and Bryan, he would be a nice fit to your list of mains as he is similar to them in a sense. He possesses a very aggressive playstyle and his move set is very "in-your-face" moves. You'll notice you can transit into his Snake In stance from many of his moves, forcing you to play a heavy mix up game with the opponent. Most of his pokes are safe on block as well.

Downside is that if you get predictable with the poking game, your opponent can easily turn the tables on you. Also, he's sort of not beginner friendly I would say, requiring more execution technique versus using a simpler character like Dragunov or Asuka for instance.
Aminegriffy
Berserker
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ThePharmacist

I'd say he plays like miguel and a bit of Bryan he has his uf+4
ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Seems good i guess il pick him since i dont think that bruce will be coming back
Mr. NO!
Deity
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Auditore
Seeing as you main Steve and Bryan, he would be a nice fit to your list of mains as he is similar to them in a sense. He possesses a very aggressive playstyle and his move set is very "in-your-face" moves. You'll notice you can transit into his Snake In stance from many of his moves, forcing you to play a heavy mix up game with the opponent. Most of his pokes are safe on block as well.

Downside is that if you get predictable with the poking game, your opponent can easily turn the tables on you. Also, he's sort of not beginner friendly I would say, requiring more execution technique versus using a simpler character like Dragunov or Asuka for instance.

I wouldn't say he's the easiest to play. I've been using Shaheen since day one and I think I can comment about of his strong and weak points.

The Good
• ch 4,1 is amazing. Lots of people still aren't afraid of this move and they will try to rush you down. Pick your moments, or even go in with it sometimes when you initiate offence.
• full crouch mixup game. Because of his slide he's got a scary mixup game. A lot of his mids are great so take your pick: uf3, uf4 or ws2 for a launch (uf3 is safe), ws4 or ws3 for a safe poke (ws3 tracks very well to the left) or just do another slide. Also with the stance cancel, you can do a 2nd guaranteed slide after the first one or do iws3 for smaller guaranteed damage if they're close enough. And if you do ws3 it'll set you up for another slide mixup
• uf3 and uf4. Both good launchers. uf3 is safe but slower, though it covers quite a bit of range. uf4 has got some strange properties... it's fast, crushes very well and has a phantom range most people wouldn't expect the first time, plus it's weird to punish the first time you block it.
• good pokes. 12[ch2] , 124 d3+4 , d4 , 41 , df1 make Shaheen scary when he's on the offensive...
• ws3,3. Although it's punishable, the pushback makes punishment funny. Tracks very good, does quite a bit of damage and it's fast (like 14f or something). Combo ender at the wall too.
• d2 is a mid that can crush jabs when timed right.

The Bad
• most of his good moves are punishable. uf4 is at least -12, a blocked slide will get you comboed, ws4 and (12)ch2 are at least -14, b4 is at least -11. You have to be risky to be successful with him.
• no notable +frame moves. I've been hearing that his b3 is +f but in my experience so far it's either +0 or +1 at best, which doesn't really scare the opponent that much. He doesn't have a generic running 3 either -- it's just his ff3 which is punishable on block and doesn't reach far.
• not many low options. Besides that slide and d4 most of his other lows are -f on hit and don't have such a huge impact on the game. His db3 is +2~3f on hit and on ch does knd though, but the space it creates when it hits kind of negates that advantage.
• Stance is pointless. df~df , something~df... whatever you do to get in the options aren't that great. 1 mid (which is basically ff3), one low (launch punishable and slow), one throw. The best way to use this stance is to go into it raw (df~df) or to not use it at all. It can be ss cancelled though.
• 41 is hh, so if you abuse it, or even if you feel like throwing it out, chances are you'll be duck--punished if your opponent is good.
• his stronger moves a slow, so against an aggressive opponent who will just mash 1, generic df1s, d4s, etc. will shut down those moves
• punishers. 12 and 41 are probably the best you're gonna get before -15f moves. ws2 is good for blocked lows or duck-punish. No knd punishers and his best punisher in my opinion (fb2, a 14f high which does 20~25% damage on it's own) just has such shitty range it's useless.

Overall I don't think Shaheen is that great. But I do have the most fun playing him and I'll probably focus on playing him with Devil Jin. He's best played as safe and turtley or high-risk high reward.