Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
If you remembered earlier, there was to be several business meetings this week inside Bandai Namco regarding upcoming arcade games set for release. I've just received early reports from the event that the arcade release of Tekken 7 is set for release on February 2015 next year. This is presumably info pertaining to the Japanese release of the game but if there's confirmation of Tekken 7 in other regions, it should be coming in the near future. Sources below.
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
So console release around the holidays then. 9 months or so difference, gives them time to polish and balance content without taking too long.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
Ruehlman
Berserker
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Awesome news! I hope they're planning a November/December 2015 console release date. Cannot wait to see some Nina footage (assuming she's in the game).
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Very good news. At least now we have a window. I doubt I'll be visiting Japan at all before then(my one buddy who lived there moved back to the US as his teaching time was up), but I also might be guessing Q4 2015 for consoles. Will be cool-will let me finish get back into fighting shape since I had just come back to Tekken 'full time' this year(after playing it sporadically over the past decade), let some new sticks come out on the current gen systems, and let them balance the game up.

Looking forward to new news on the rest of the roster(I notice those pictures carefully only used characters from the loc test in all the instances), new moves, etc.
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Devil JinKazama
Sage
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Very great news, about what I've been predicting. Considering this I wonder if we'll get an update (I doubt it for some reason) so I say it'll arrive around Sept-Nov timeframe. That would fall in line with most Tekken console releases especially the previous few.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully we see Jin in no time.
deepfriedpotato
6th Dan
PSN: mayahabee
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Since there will different business meetings, do they release more info on Tekken 7 on the other dates or will this be the only info for now?
SSfox
Foxstepman
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I hope we'll got a trailer and some infos soon!!
tae-kwon-do
Destroyer
PSN: larrytron
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I gotta say, that was a lot quicker than I imagined.

But on the plus side, we'll get to see footage of the whole arcade experience. Boy it sucks living in the UK
Signature Hey have you guys seen the new characters yet?
Ha! They look like a bunch of n00bs!
Ah yes, the old fashioned new character hazing just like old...holy crap! I have a Grandma?!
*Mumbles* Stupid Latina girl! I wish I was the 'it' girl again...
The Jin Kazama
Champion
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
About as good as we could have hoped for realistically. Possibly this time, next year, for consoles? Still so far away though.

On one of the images, it shows Steve, Leo, Lili, Drag and Bryan in new costumes. Probably customisation options. Also looks like there'll be a bar to show distance to the next rank.
Signature
SSfox
Foxstepman
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The Jin Kazama Also looks like there'll be a bar to show distance to the next rank.

I don't think so, Harada mentioned recently that this is not something he would like to implement.

Adding some bar or gauge on the screen for players to see their ranks and how far away they're are from promotion/demotion isn't something Harada wants to add. He doesn't want players trying to calculate or worry about their rank 'points'.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ation-test.html
Pooh Hardy
Iron Fist God
PSN: poohhardy
XBL: eww no way
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
like fuck he'll be able to release a satisfactory complete full game by then
especially when what we saw at the location test looked like 40%

I hope he doesn't rush this only to make a Ultimate edition later on (like what he did with TTT2)
Signature : Holy shit. Our redesigns look so awesome, Leo.
: I know right? I practically look like an SNK prota-
: Ahh crap, Steve is coming. He thinks he looks so cool now.
: Hey guys, check it out! I rock the hood better than Jin!
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Pooh Hardy
like fuck he'll be able to release a satisfactory complete full game by then
especially when what we saw at the location test looked like 40%

I hope he doesn't rush this only to make a Ultimate edition later on (like what he did with TTT2)

The latest build of Tekken 7 is a lot more advanced then the one at the Location test. The build being used in this location test is from 2 months back.

^that's what Harada said..... still, a full roster, lighting, tweaks.... 3-4 months is a small gap for perfection ...In a arcade, could they release characters in groups like Killer Instinct? wouldn't be surprised if they did that leading into the console release to build hype
Lukmendes
Tier Whore
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DinoTheDonDaDa
^that's what Harada said..... still, a full roster, lighting, tweaks.... 3-4 months is a small gap for perfection ...In a arcade, could they release characters in groups like Killer Instinct? wouldn't be surprised if they did that leading into the console release to build hype

Old arcade fighters had time release characters, which means the game doesn't start with all characters, but eventualy gets them all, Harada is considering to do that with Tekken 7.
Signature I'll change this signature when I get bored of it (started on december 14th, 2013)
king_ruckus
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
That's pretty quick. I guess the location tests went better than anticipated.
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
damn cab + pcb is so expensive compared to the older tekkens.. might fuck up our tekken arcade community in the philippines
SSfox
Foxstepman
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Wonder if the initial ones are going to be the ones we saw at the loc test, and the rest time released? (I know it won't make a difference on home systems.)
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Devil JinKazama
Sage
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
"Time release" characters confirmed for Tekken 7

https://twitter.com/richardhung713/...075870151913472

Hyped!

I've missed this so much.
The Jin Kazama
Champion
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Could time-release characters mean that we potentially have to wait even longer for the console versions, as they may still be working on characters, as well as needing more time to balance all of them?

Also, didn't used to follow Tekken so much before but how exactly do they tackle time-release characters? Every week/month, a new character gets released for arcades?
Signature