Page Splits <1234>...19
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CALI MADE
Dragon Lord
XBL: Hey Cali
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Harada said somthing about fighting against Devil....so maybe he will be a standalone character.
Signature " Who's the man? Who's the boss? who's the nigga that paid the cost? I really don't give a damn 'cause I ain't the one who's gonna take the loss."
"Ain't it Fun!?"
Angel Combo Listing
Keep this in mind during forum arguments. lol
The Main Man
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: TheMainManSWE
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Some dude told me that Michael Murray apparently has confirmed that Devil wont be a rage art in the final game but will work in the same way as in TTT2.

This is a let down IMO, what they were going for in the location test is much more interesting.

If it is even true ofc. I have yet to see a reference to a statement but maybe it was in person? No idea.
NarooN
Expert
PSN: NarooN
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmm, I'm pretty ambivalent towards it right now tbh, but it would've been cool to see some super-powered Devil form as a RA, though.
Signature Mains:
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
I asked Michael about DK in general.

The good thing is, Harada has 50,000 followers and Mike only has 2000, plus he's a native english speaker. He might not be able to disclose information the way Harada can, but it's probably easier to get a hold of him.
The Main Man
Tekken Lord Black
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Cheers for that man... I do hope you get some intel
Lukmendes
Tier Whore
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
So DK will work like Tag 2? That's cool, but I wonder if he will have other tailspin moves, otherwise the transformation will be less threatening combo-wise.
Signature I'll change this signature when I get bored of it (started on december 14th, 2013)
CALI MADE
Dragon Lord
XBL: Hey Cali
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
The transformation is already less threatening combo wise
Signature " Who's the man? Who's the boss? who's the nigga that paid the cost? I really don't give a damn 'cause I ain't the one who's gonna take the loss."
"Ain't it Fun!?"
Angel Combo Listing
Keep this in mind during forum arguments. lol
Kiaruda
Dragon Lord
PSN: Kiaruda
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I hope they change the transformation a little. I think TTT2 DK looks like someone just customized a regular Kazuya with the horns, wings and the 'third eye' and purple skin. It looks ridiculously artificial, you know? Instead, he should look something like the TTT1 DK - i.e. he wouldn't keep the clothes Kazuya wears (it looks stupid) and would actually look like a real devil version of him.
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
the hair has to change, the voice has to change, the scar has to turn red, the skin has to become a darker purple and not look so human. I was glad they included the glowing eyes in tag 2 though. It was a good effort in that game, if you wore purple pants and changed his gloves to match the skin, it looks pretty good.

But I agree, I would prefer that when he transforms, it's like it was in Tag 1 and his whole appearance changes. It would be cool if you could customize the devil appearance itself, but I don't think the system could handle loading another totally different model into a game.
Kiaruda
Dragon Lord
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, I guess we won't be seeing the 'real' Devil Kaz is T7 because they're apparently having some budget issues. But from what I've seen, he actually has his updated DK face (not the Blood Vengeance one but the other one) when he transforms. I could be wrong, though, as the available T7 footage is low quality.
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
from what I've seen, he's only missing the glowing eyes in T7, which is fine because the game has at least another year's development, and the skin is much darker too, which is a plus.

As a minimum, the hair and voice should change, and his scar should glow too.

As a bonus, to deal with the clothing issue, it would be cool if the clothing would morph into a kind of chitinous armor, like this

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120920183514/tekken/en/images/3/3b/Tumblr_m9bysoaHn61rnbk4so2_1280.png
NarooN
Expert
PSN: NarooN
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kiaruda
Well, I guess we won't be seeing the 'real' Devil Kaz is T7 because they're apparently having some budget issues. But from what I've seen, he actually has his updated DK face (not the Blood Vengeance one but the other one) when he transforms. I could be wrong, though, as the available T7 footage is low quality.

Harada debunked the "budget" thing already. It was a mistranslation. He was saying that the budget they had for T5 was 1/4th the budget they have now (for T7).

@NYG5: That DK looks sick. What's it from? I remember seeing it somewhere a while back.
Signature Mains:
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NarooN
Harada debunked the "budget" thing already. It was a mistranslation. He was saying that the budget they had for T5 was 1/4th the budget they have now (for T7).

@NYG5: That DK looks sick. What's it from? I remember seeing it somewhere a while back.

I think it's from the Devil Jin VS Devil slot machine, with some slight photoshopping somebody added on.
The Main Man
Tekken Lord Black
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Even though I would enjoy a proper Devil transformation I don't really mind Kazuya keeping his clothes on. It kind of makes sense tbh.
Realism is probably the last thing you want to use as an argument when discussing Tekken haha
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
They could make devil look more aesthetically "devilish",like in tekken blood vengeance,that looked like a devil,ttt/ttt2 devils look like some guy with fake wings and full body purple make-up.Just saying.
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
yo know, it really would be easier if they just made devil a standalone character.

Sure, they might be trying to slim down the roster, and that's well and good, but we just came off a game where there were THREE (3) fucking capos, so let's not get too crazy with this roster limit
Kiaruda
Dragon Lord
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Pre-TTT2 Devil never kept Kazuya's clothes. He's completely naked in T2 and TTT1 and that's what makes him a somewhat unique character. It should be kept that way.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kiaruda
Pre-TTT2 Devil never kept Kazuya's clothes. He's completely naked in T2 and TTT1 and that's what makes him a somewhat unique character. It should be kept that way.

Is that a good thing?
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
well, do gargoyles ever wear clothes? That's what devil looked like on PS1

wearing clothes is a devil jin thing.